PDA

View Full Version : Democrats work to kill Schiavo

Bootlegged
03-21-2005, 08:02 AM
If the press woke up today with the opposite ideology.

Tampa, FL

(AP)- Despite public outcries from nearly 99% of the public, house and senate democrats worked to end the life of Terry Schiavo. Democrats see the need for power as trumping this woman's right to live. An unnamed source close to House Democrats said, "They want her to die. They thirst for her death. They think it will help win elections. They also want to make her family pay for all of her healthcare, exempting insurance from covering anything. Oh, yeah...they want to take her families money and give it to the wealthiest 1% of Americans." Republican leaders worked tirelessly over the weekend to prevent this from happening. Republicans, who are right on every issue, think they may have the power to stop this. Will it be in time to stop the Democrats from killing Terry? Democrats hope not.

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 08:26 AM
You have sandy vagina about the media that you take the time make a fake news story so over exaggerated that it sounds ludicris?

Your side has the president and a good portion of the congress and you still wake up with a chip on your shoulder in the morning.

That is amazing to me.

Cochise
03-21-2005, 08:28 AM
You have sandy vagina about the media that you take the time make a fake news story so over exaggerated that it sounds ludicris?

Your side has the president and a good portion of the congress and you still wake up with a chip on your shoulder in the morning.

That is amazing to me.

Your sense of humor/sarcasm got turned down to zero somehow, you might want to adjust it a little bit. :rolleyes:

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Your sense of humor/sarcasm got turned down to zero somehow, you might want to adjust it a little bit. :rolleyes:
Nope, considering the source...

If this had been written by you or Kotter or even Russ it would be different story. That is not Lattimer's style.

Bootlegged
03-21-2005, 08:50 AM

For some reason, Zach has a little thing for me..

Frankie
03-21-2005, 08:55 AM
Democrats work to kill Schiavo.

Republicans work to manufacture an issue for next year's election.

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 08:57 AM
Just callin em like I see em every day.

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 09:01 AM

Eh, don't take it personal. Anyone who dares to challenge or question the omniscient and cosmopolitan world view of the very clairvoyant and precocious 21 year old is immediately put in his place. Consider yourself lucky to be in the midst of such wisdom.

beavis
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Laz is going to be jealous.

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Eh, don't take it personal. Anyone who dares to challenge or question the omnicscient and cosmopolitan world view of the very clairvoyant and precocious 21 year old is immediately put in his place. Consider yourself lucky to be in the midst of such wisdom.
ROFL

At every turn you debate in the same exact form as I do. Why you always find a way to play the "why don't you respect my opinions card" with me is beyond me. I have never done it with you even though we play the game the same way at different ends.

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Laz is going to be jealous.

No, Laz has figured out that anyone who dares to challenge or question the omniscient and cosmopolitan world view of the very clairvoyant and precocious 21 year old is immediately put in his place. He considers himself lucky to be in the midst of such wisdom. He is forever grateful, as "grasshopper" is to "master."

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 09:08 AM
ROFL

At every turn you debate in the same exact form as I do. Why you always find a way to play the "why don't you respect my opinions card" with me is beyond me. I have never done it with you even though we play the game the same way at different ends.

Ahhh the idealism of youth....

20 years of life and world experience, and knowing how much my opinions have evolved over those years might have something to do with it. I used to think I was pretty smart when I was your age too.

What's the Twain quote: "When I was 18, I was convinced I knew everything. When I turned 35, I realized how very little I actually knew at 18." Or somethin' like that.... :)

Bootlegged
03-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Eh, don't take it personal. Anyone who dares to challenge or question the omniscient and cosmopolitan world view of the very clairvoyant and precocious 21 year old is immediately put in his place. Consider yourself lucky to be in the midst of such wisdom.

I don't take it personal, in fact, I'm collecting a nice little following now. Saulbadguy (whoever he is), seems obsessed too. It's good to be loved.

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 09:12 AM
20 years of life and world experience, and knowing how much my opinions have evolved over those years might have something to do with it. I used to think I was pretty smart when I was your age too.

What's the Twain quote: "When I was 18, I was convinced I knew everything. When I turned 35, I realized how very little I actually knew at 18." Or somethin' like that.... :)
I am the first one to admit that I don't know everything. I generally don't jump in debates in which I have little or no knowledge of. You won't see me weighing in on SS threads or health care type threads.

This is just a funny post for someone who has criticized me for not respecting your opinions. I believe I have always backed up my opinions with all kinds of good reason even if you have not disagreed with them. I think you have done the same thing. But I guess Skip is the smartest person on this board now. God help us.

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Lattimer...you can rename this thread "Zach's posts put my panties in a bunch and I want to get it off my chest"

Or something of that nature. Might as well put all the sandy giners in one place.

Radar Chief
03-21-2005, 09:15 AM
Nope, considering the source...

If this had been written by you or Kotter or even Russ it would be different story. That is not Lattimer's style.

Biting sarcasm masked as fringe political opinion, how is that not Latts style? :shrug:

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Biting sarcasm masked as fringe political opinion, how is that not Latts style? :shrug:
Sacrsm part.

Radar Chief
03-21-2005, 09:20 AM

Dunno, I remember a Bill Cosby one that goes something like, “when I was 16 I couldn’t believe how stupid my dad was. When I turned 25 I couldn’t believe how much he’d learned in that time.”

Cochise
03-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Sacrsm part.

My post basically amounted to 'lighten up, francis'.

Everyone knows what he meant, you were the only one to ignore it in order to take offense.

Cochise
03-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Dunno, I remember a Bill Cosby one that goes something like, “when I was 16 I couldn’t believe how stupid my dad was. When I turned 25 I couldn’t believe how much he’d learned in that time.”

Heard another one this morning, something to the effect of "The older I get, the smarter my parents were."

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 10:21 AM
... I guess Skip is the smartest person on this board now. God help us.

Good point. :eek:

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
...This is just a funny post for someone who has criticized me for not respecting your opinions....

Actually, my past "criticism" of you was more to point out that other reasonable and educated people are not necessarily bigots or homophobes for coming to a different conclusion than you. Tolerance is a virtue, in accepting others may have valid opinions too.

In the past, you seemed to have equated bigotry and homophobia with anyone who disagrees with you--even if their beliefs and arguments are well-reasoned, rational, and entirely consistent.

Some people place a value on "experience," on rational analysis, and on empirical research. Others choose to "go with their gut," react on an emotional level, and prefer personal testimonials as the basis on which to arrive at their "opinions."

Of course all us tend to think we do the former, while those who disagree with us tend to do the latter. :)

;)

|Zach|
03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Actually, my past "criticism" of you was more to point out that other reasonable and educated people are not necessarily bigots or homophobes for coming to a different conclusion than you. Tolerance is a virtue, in accepting others may have valid opinions too.

And I have responded that I don't throw that label on everyone that disagrees with me on that particular issue. There are a good number of people who are on the other end of the spectrum of that debate that I do not consider homophobes. You just are not one of them. I don't paint everyone with the same brush as I do with you.

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 10:52 AM
..... There are a good number of people who are on the other end of the spectrum of that debate that I do not consider homophobes. You just are not one of them. I don't paint everyone with the same brush as I do with you.

And there are a good number of educated, informed, and analytic people who are on the other end of the spectrum of that debate who I consider reasonable and knowledgable with well-thought out positions. You just are not one of them. I don't paint everyone with the same broad brush (of immature, emotional, idealistic, naive') as I do with you.
;)

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
*crickets*

Yo, that's what I thought. :harumph:

Word.

Taco John
03-21-2005, 04:20 PM

For some reason you think that the scrawlings that you make on this board are "reasonable." I don't know where you got this impression. You are a book smart guy, so I'll give you that. But you are to "reasonable" what Paris Hilton is to "Nun."

How could anyone who creates 7 accounts to agree with their own political takes be considered "reasonable?" How can a guy widely known as "Sybil" be considered "reasonable?"

Bootlegged
03-21-2005, 04:56 PM
For some reason you think that the scrawlings that you make on this board are "reasonable." I don't know where you got this impression. You are a book smart guy, so I'll give you that. But you are to "reasonable" what Paris Hilton is to "Nun."

How could anyone who creates 7 accounts to agree with their own political takes be considered "reasonable?" How can a guy widely known as "Sybil" be considered "reasonable?"

So says the great prognosticator.

Taco John
03-21-2005, 05:10 PM
So says the great prognosticator.

You mean the guy who said that the Chiefs would still field one of the worst defenses, even if Gunther came back?

How'd I do on that one?

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 05:17 PM
You mean the guy who said that the Chiefs would still field one of the worst defenses, even if Gunther came back?

How'd I do on that one?
I can predict what hour it is while blindfolded if given 24 opportunities.

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 05:46 PM
...How could anyone who creates 7 accounts to agree with their own political takes be considered "reasonable?"...

If you had access to the Archives, and the Search function....I'd call you out on this bullshit. Good luck finding examples of whatever it is that you are talking about. ROFL

I did that about 5 or 10 times in cases where, if you were really paying attention, it was clear to anyone wishing to know...what I was doing--ask Phil, ask other Mods. I did it on purpose (and came clean within a short period of time)....for humorous effect (even if it was not recieved that way.) 10 or 12 posts out of nearly 16,000 or so...sheesh....yeah, there's a "trend."

FTR, anyone seriously TRYING to be deceptive about something like that....I'd agree it is inappropriate. The vast majority of the posts by THOSE accounts were never "in support" of some political statement I'd have made--it was usually to poke fun at someone else. The only reason you seem to remember them so well, was you were the target on several of those occaisions.

You'll need to do much, much better than that. :shake:

:rolleyes:

|Zach|
03-22-2005, 01:07 AM
And there are a good number of educated, informed, and analytic people who are on the other end of the spectrum of that debate who I consider reasonable and knowledgable with well-thought out positions. You just are not one of them. I don't paint everyone with the same broad brush (of immature, emotional, idealistic, naive') as I do with you.
;)
It must feel good to own what you say every now and again instead of acting like you have respect for my opinions. I figure 1 in every 1000 posts is a good start for someone who needs beer to be honest with themselves and others.

ROFL

Now continue the dog and pony show...

Taco John
03-22-2005, 03:05 AM
I can predict what hour it is while blindfolded if given 24 opportunities.

Pretty good for a guy who couldn't find his ass with both hands... ;)

KC Jones
03-22-2005, 05:16 AM
When did we lose sight of the fact that it's been her husband whose leading the fight to pull her feeding tube? Given that he's turned down millions not to do it, I think he might actually be acting on some conviction that it's what she would have wanted. I know it's what I would want, and God forbid that ever happens to me I've actually got all the paper work squared away to make certain the plug will get pulled.

KCWolfman
03-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Pretty good for a guy who couldn't find his ass with both hands... ;)
How can I reach all the way to Oregon? But hell, we always know where you are.

KCWolfman
03-22-2005, 07:06 AM
When did we lose sight of the fact that it's been her husband whose leading the fight to pull her feeding tube? Given that he's turned down millions not to do it, I think he might actually be acting on some conviction that it's what she would have wanted. I know it's what I would want, and God forbid that ever happens to me I've actually got all the paper work squared away to make certain the plug will get pulled.
He turned down an unsure payout for a guaranteed 700,000. Also keep in mind that he "remembered" her wishes only after a couple of years and a million dollar lawsuit.

Let's be honest about Michael Schiavo, regardless of Terri's condition. There is no data to assume this man cares about her wishes at all.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2005, 07:51 AM
It must feel good to own what you say every now and again instead of acting like you have respect for my opinions. I figure 1 in every 1000 posts is a good start for someone who needs beer to be honest with themselves and others.

Wow. Is that like a Jack Handy Deep Thoughts quote?

I've never acted like I respect your opinions; the ones I respect, I've generally left alone. It's those pesky ones you are in over-your-head on that you seem to resent my calling you on....

As for the beer??? Hell, I bought one sixer of "Blue Moon" to give it a try last weekend....and there are still two of 'em sittin' in the fridge along side a six of Pale Ale that I bought in January. I'd be willin' to bet you drink as much in a week, as I do in a month. I don't know what your convuluted point there was... :hmmm:

|Zach|
03-22-2005, 08:30 AM
I've never acted like I respect your opinions

You make posts all the time saying "I respect your opinions we just disagree" You even leave rep saying that kind of thing. Which is it sparky? Remember how I talked about how hard it is for you to own what you actually think? You are dancing on both sides of line.

I'd be willin' to bet you drink as much in a week, as I do in a month. I don't know what your convuluted point there was... :hmmm:
I didn't make any mention of the quanity you drink. I wouldn't doubt we dirnk about the same in any given time period. However, I don't need those drinks to be up front with people when giving opinions on this board. I shoot it straight.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2005, 08:39 AM
You make posts all the time saying "I respect your opinions we just disagree" You even leave rep saying that kind of thing. Which is it sparky? Remember how I talked about how hard it is for you to own what you actually think? You are dancing on both sides of line..

Dude, are you over-looking the key word "act;" I don't "act" in respecting anyone's opinions. Many of yours I have and do; it's those contentious ones you seem to focus on. Owning? Because I choose to be sarcastic and facetious means I'm incapable of expressing sincere comments? Wow. I'll tell you this there's no dancing; when I'm serious...that's usually clear, if not--ask, I guarantee I'll tell you the truth. :hmmm:

I didn't make any mention of the quanity you drink. I wouldn't doubt we dirnk about the same in any given time period. However, I don't need those drinks to be up front with people when giving opinions on this board. I shoot it straight.

HINT: winking smiley, rolling eyes smiley, sticking tongue out smiley....are indicative of sarcasm or humor or annoyance--depending on context. That you seem unable to discern between my serious comments, and my TIC, humorous, provacative, and plain BS comments is your problem....not mine, really.

Ask me any question you wish, and tell me you want a honest answer....I'll give it to you. You may not like it, but be careful what you ask for then, I guess.

|Zach|
03-22-2005, 08:45 AM
HINT: winking smiley, rolling eyes smiley, sticking tongue out smiley....are indicative of sarcasm or humor or annoyance--depending on context. That you seem unable to discern between my serious comments, and my TIC, humorous, provacative, and plain BS comments is your problem....not mine, really.

And the dog and pony show comes full circle once again. It is always others fault when they can wade between what you mean and what is bullshit. That line is very thin with you and I am not the only one who has stopped trying to seperate the two in your case because it is a harder job than it is worth. If you want to cast that off as my problem then so be it.

Just like it was the planet's problem that they didn't understand you during your roleplaying fest.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2005, 08:47 AM
And the dog and pony show comes full circle once again. It is always others fault when they can wade between what you mean and what is bullshit. That line is very thin with you and I am not the only one who has stopped trying to seperate the two in your case because it is a harder job than it is worth. If you want to cast that off as my problem then so be it.

Just like it was the planet's problem that they didn't understand you during your roleplaying fest.

Suggestion for you Zach: if you really want to know when I'm being serious....try askin' me. I guarantee I'll give you the truth. Everytime. Is that really expecting too much?

|Zach|
03-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Suggestion for you Zach: if you really want to know when I'm being serious....try askin' me. I guarantee I'll give you the truth. Everytime. Is that really expecting too much?
I have to say, not being a bottle of Guiness and all. I am not qualified to draw truth from you. But maybe I will use the above suggested process in the future.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2005, 08:53 AM
I have to say, not being a bottle of Guiness and all. I am not qualified to draw truth from you. But maybe I will use the above suggested process in the future.

ROFL

Truth comes from me quite often (and usually even unsolicited) without the assistance of alcohol; one merely has to ask. However, if it's sorted personal details or skeletons in my closet....you may have a point. And if it's the latter you are more interested in, I don't know just what to make of that.... :hmmm:

Bootlegged
03-22-2005, 10:18 AM
do you 2 need a room to sort this out?

the older, wise teacher and the smartass know-it-all 21 year old? A recipe for disaster.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2005, 10:24 AM
Who is the wise teacher?

Bootlegged
03-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Who is the wise teacher?

I dunno, I assume posters take the shape of their avatars. I am a mellon.

headsnap
03-22-2005, 10:33 AM
I dunno, I assume posters take the shape of their avatars. I am a mellon.
you fruit!

Bootlegged
03-22-2005, 10:48 AM
you fruit!

:thailor:

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Who is the wise teacher?

Well, we know who the wise ass is don't we? :p