PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Undocumented Population Surges

Donger
03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
WASHINGTON - The nation's undocumented immigrant population surged to 10.3 million last year, spurred largely since 2000 by the arrivals of unauthorized Mexicans in the United States, a report being released Monday says.

The population of undocumented residents in the United States increased by about 23 percent from 8.4 million in the four-year period ending last March, according to the analysis of government data by the Pew Hispanic Center, a private research group.

That equates to a net increase of roughly 485,000 per year between 2000 and 2004. The estimate was derived by subtracting the number of unauthorized immigrants who leave the United States, die or acquire legal status from the number of new undocumented immigrants that arrive each year.

The prospect of better job opportunities in the United States than in their native countries remains a powerful lure for many immigrants, said Pew center director Roberto Suro, pointing to a reason often cited by other researchers.

"The border has been the focus of federal efforts (to cut illegal entry) and has not produced a reduction in flow. Certainly that's an indication of ongoing demand," he said.

The population is growing at a similar pace as in the late 1990s even though the U.S. economy today isn't as robust, Suro said.

Assuming the flow of undocumented immigrants into the country hasn't abated since March 2004, the population is likely near 11 million now.

The report considered "undocumented" immigrants primarily as those here illegally; those in the United States on expired visas; or those who violated the terms of their admission in other ways.

Also included are a small percentage of immigrants who may have legal authorization to be in the United States, including those with temporary protected status and those applying to seek asylum.

Mexicans by far remain the largest group of undocumented migrants at 5.9 million, or about 57 percent of the March 2004 estimate. Some 2.5 million others, or 24 percent, are from other Latin American countries.

Overall, the U.S. foreign-born population, regardless of legal status, was 35.7 million last year. Those of Mexican descent again comprised the largest group more than 11 million, or 32 percent.

Controlling the flow of immigrants over the porous U.S.-Mexico border will be a central topic of discussion when Mexican President Vicente Fox (news - web sites) meets with President Bush (news - web sites) in Texas on Wednesday.

The number of U.S. residents with Mexican backgrounds has increased by nearly 600,000 annually since 2000, with more than 80 percent of the new arrivals here with proper documentation, the Pew center estimated.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites) and other government officials have raised concerns about border security amid recent intelligence that al-Qaida terrorists have considered using the Southwest border to infiltrate the United States.

Bush, meanwhile, has also promoted a guest-worker program that would allow migrants to work in the United States for a limited time as long as they have a job lined up.

Critics of the plan argue that such workers drive down wages because they often work for lower pay and fewer benefits that native-born residents.

"The best way to approach this is attrition by enforcement better enforcement of the borders and of worksites," said Steve Camorata of the private Center for Immigration Studies.

The Pew report found undocumented immigrants increasingly fanning out beyond longtime destination for foreign-born residents. In 1990, 88 percent of the undocumented population lived in six states California, New York, Texas, Illinois, Florida and New Jersey.

By 2004, those states accounted for 61 percent of the nation's undocumented population. The top state is California, where nearly one-quarter of the undocumented reside, followed by Texas (14 percent) and Florida (9 percent).

Next on the list were New York (7 percent), Arizona (5 percent), Illinois (4 percent), New Jersey (4 percent), and North Carolina (3 percent).

Arizona and North Carolina are two of the fastest-growing states in the nation overall and have metropolitan areas booming with new construction, restaurants and service-oriented businesses job sectors that often hire undocumented workers.

MOhillbilly
03-21-2005, 10:39 AM
MAKE WAY FOR BILL THE BUTCHER!!!!

Cochise
03-21-2005, 10:40 AM
50 foot high concrete wall.

Donger
03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
50 foot high concrete wall.

Three warning shots, followed by a wound shot.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 10:46 AM
There is no way to stop them. It doesn't matter what you put up either. They will find a way around it. They cross the border in trucks, on foot, underground, above ground. You name it, they do it.

Welcome to America.

Donger
03-21-2005, 10:49 AM
There is no way to stop them. It doesn't matter what you put up either. They will find a way around it. They cross the border in trucks, on foot, underground, above ground. You name it, they do it.

Welcome to America.

I seriously doubt that they would keep coming if we actually started defending our borders with the threat, and then use of, force.

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Three warning shots, followed by a wound shot.
If you want to have immigration laws, then here is The Simplex3 Plan:

1. Run a three month, very expensive ad campaign on Mexican, TV, radio, billboards, etc, for 3 months letting them know that we are going to start shooting on sight on a certain date.

2. During those 3 months train and outfit several sniper teams.

3. At the end of the three months start shooting people who are crossing illegally.

If a bus ride back isn't a deterent maybe a ride back in a hurse is.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I seriously doubt that they would keep coming if we actually started defending our borders with the threat, and then use of, force.

They would just find another way. There are hundreds of tunnels connecting Mexico to here. Some that start in a house and end inside a house, some as wide as 2 semi-trailers with lighting and ventilation. How do you shoot someone when they are underground and don't have a clue where ther started or where they are gonna come out? You can't.

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 11:03 AM
They would just find another way. There are hundreds of tunnels connecting Mexico to here. Some that start in a house and end inside a house, some as wide as 2 semi-trailers with lighting and ventilation. How do you shoot someone when they are underground and don't have a clue where ther started or where they are gonna come out? You can't.
No, you hire an oil company to use their satellites to find the tunnels, then you put snipers in the tunnels. After a day or two of shooting people in the tunnel you implode it.

Donger
03-21-2005, 11:04 AM

I agree that some would. There is no 100% solution. But threatening and using force would slow the flow dramatically, IMO.

As to the tunnels, there are ways to close them or make them rather unpleasnt to be in. Willy Pete comes to mind.

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 11:04 AM

Personally? I'd bring in a couple of thousand badgers and wolverines....let them compete for diggin' rights. Heh.

Cochise
03-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Ok. Better idea in addition to military guard and other means.

We should make use of bounty hunters like they do for wanted criminals. An illegal alien should be regarded as such anyway. Pay a certain amount per illegal captured and turned over to border authorities.

It would probably become a good business, enough to where people would make it their job. Worth a shot.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 11:06 AM
No, you hire an oil company to use their satellites to find the tunnels, then you put snipers in the tunnels. After a day or two of shooting people in the tunnel you implode it.

Sounds easier said than done.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Personally? I'd bring in a couple of thousand badgers and wolverines....let them compete for diggin' rights. Heh.

ROFL

MOhillbilly
03-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Well if they can dig and climb lets build a firery moat,see how smrt they really are.

Donger
03-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Sounds easier said than done.

IIRC, they have been using ground-penetrating radar to find tunnels recently.

Edit: yep, http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N04140592.htm

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Ok. Better idea in addition to military guard and other means.

We should make use of bounty hunters like they do for wanted criminals. An illegal alien should be regarded as such anyway. Pay a certain amount per illegal captured and turned over to border authorities.

It would probably become a good business, enough to where people would make it their job. Worth a shot.
And after they're caught we shoot them?

:shrug:

Mr. Kotter
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
And after they're caught we shoot them?

:shrug:

Only after we torture them, and rape their women.

trndobrd
03-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Wouldn't it be easier just to eliminate all these new jobs that need workers. If the American economy and job growth is in the dumpster and the country becomes just another second rate 'used to be' power, we won't have to worry about people trying to get in then.

Maybe I should have voted for Kerry after all.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
I agree that some would. There is no 100% solution. But threatening and using force would slow the flow dramatically, IMO.

As to the tunnels, there are ways to close them or make them rather unpleasnt to be in. Willy Pete comes to mind.

I just think we are in a lose-lose situation with illegals no matter what we do. INS needs to be deporting these people instead of letting them stay in the country. I know deportation won't slow down the flow of them coming in this country but, it might be enough for us to either force the illegals hand into applying citizenship. Catch them, give them a option to apply for citizenship or get deported back. If applying for citizenship is choosen, a set of conditions should be set like a tax paying job, a bank account. They must not be convicted of any crime, that includes speeding during there stay here. A DNA sample taken that would be put in a federal database. If any of the conditions are not met for a time period larger than 1 mos. Ship their ass back and seize all their assets.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 11:21 AM
IIRC, they have been using ground-penetrating radar to find tunnels recently.

Edit: yep, http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N04140592.htm

Motion sensors have been in use for some time as well. And the numbers of have just increased since those technologies have been put into use. We just have too big of a border to watch every square mile. They are going to come whether we like it or not.

Donger
03-21-2005, 11:24 AM
I just think we are in a lose-lose situation with illegals no matter what we do. INS needs to be deporting these people instead of letting them stay in the country. I know deportation won't slow down the flow of them coming in this country but, it might be enough for us to either force the illegals hand into applying citizenship. Catch them, give them a option to apply for citizenship or get deported back. If applying for citizenship is choosen, a set of conditions should be set like a tax paying job, a bank account. They must not be convicted of any crime, that includes speeding during there stay here. A DNA sample taken that would be put in a federal database. If any of the conditions are not met for a time period larger than 1 mos. Ship their ass back and seize all their assets.

You don't reward scofflaws with the option of citizenship, IMO. I find that to be reprehensible idea, and a slap in the face of all legal immigrants. Let's not forget; there is a legal way to immigrate. These people are choosing not to.

They deserve nothing.

Simplex3
03-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Motion sensors have been in use for some time as well. And the numbers of have just increased since those technologies have been put into use. We just have too big of a border to watch every square mile. They are going to come whether we like it or not.
Having a motion sensor see you while you cross the border isn't a deterrent if there isn't an INS official ready to snag your ass and send you back.

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 11:33 AM
For what it's worth, this is no longer an Republican or Democrat issue this is an American issue and we need to defend our borders and our country before we become over run with illegals and foreigners. Just my opinion.

trndobrd
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
For what it's worth, this is no longer an Republican or Democrat issue this is an American issue and we need to defend our borders and our country before we become over run with illegals and foreigners. Just my opinion.

Damn right! And anyone who arrived in this country after my ancestors needs to get the hell out right now! My family got here before the Revolution, so all you Irish need to find a boat!

Donger
03-21-2005, 11:40 AM
we need to defend our borders and our country before we become over run with illegals and foreigners. Just my opinion.

So, you're of the opinion that we should begin restricting legal immigration?

trndobrd
03-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Anyone know where I can find one of those "No Irish Need Apply" signs? Are they still making those?

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
So, you're of the opinion that we should begin restricting legal immigration?

Yes for the current time being. It doesn't mean to stop allowing people into the US it means really doing the work to make sure that we are safe.

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Damn right! And anyone who arrived in this country after my ancestors needs to get the hell out right now! My family got here before the Revolution, so all you Irish need to find a boat!

I think that is a little over dramatic don't you? My main concern is the influx of illegal aliens into this country and until we as Americans decide to voice our concern the politicians won't ever change the policy.

Donger
03-21-2005, 12:03 PM
Yes for the current time being. It doesn't mean to stop allowing people into the US it means really doing the work to make sure that we are safe.

I'm confused.

If you want a legal immigration halt, then you ARE in favor stopping people from coming here legally.

What am I missing?

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm confused.

If you want a legal immigration halt, then you ARE in favor stopping people from coming here legally.

What am I missing?

I didn't say I wanted legal immigration halted just slowed down. Sorry if I confused you.

Donger
03-21-2005, 12:15 PM
I didn't say I wanted legal immigration halted just slowed down. Sorry if I confused you.

Ah. Yeah, it would help if I read a little closer.

Do you favor an across-the-board reduction, or country-by-country reduction?

Garcia Bronco
03-21-2005, 12:17 PM

Welcome to America.

Not if you start shooting them on sight....especially since they're invading our country

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Ah. Yeah, it would help if I read a little closer.

Do you favor an across-the-board reduction, or country-by-country reduction?

Across the board reduction.

I know I am probably in the minority on this but I see our immigration policy as a miserable failure legal and illegal.

I am part of the Bill O'Reilly/Pat Buchanan line of thinking in regards to immigration.

Donger
03-21-2005, 12:20 PM
Across the board reduction.

I know I am probably in the minority on this but I see our immigration policy as a miserable failure.

Actually, you're not. The most recent poll had 60+% favoring a reduction on legal immigration.

dirk digler
03-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Actually, you're not. The most recent poll had 60+% favoring a reduction on legal immigration.

Really? That is interesting. I would think that anybody that favors reducing legal immigration would be branded a racist or something more colorful.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM
I live in Phoenix and from what I can see it is way too late to stop the Mexicans. They are now in elected political positions, newspaper editorial writers, and other places of power. The undocumented illegals are here en masse. They have the right to medical benefits, food aid, driver's lcense, and welfare. Phoenix just voted in a resolution that would compel all government workers to report illegals and deny them the free ride on the US taxpayer dollar.
Seems basic, no? It's not. The pro-illegal alien groups have mobilized and are fighting this tooth and nail; it's soon to go to court.
The Mexis are entrenched, and all the good and bad that comes with them.
On the bright side, I have three beaners that do my lawn, pool, palm trees, and plants for $40 a month. If you can't beat 'em, put a yoke on 'em.

Donger
03-21-2005, 12:32 PM
On the bright side, I have three beaners that do my lawn, pool, palm trees, and plants for $40 a month. If you can't beat 'em, put a yoke on 'em.

Uncalled for.

MOhillbilly
03-21-2005, 12:43 PM
you guys ever hear of MS-13?
there was a thread on another board about them some scary F-ers'

vailpass
03-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Uncalled for.

By who? Big Brother? Don't tread on me and don't you try to censor me.

Exactly what part of that statement do you find objectionable? The reason illegals come over is to do work that no American wants. They stand at the end of the parking lot at Home Depots all over town and wait to be put to work doing manual labor.

Donger
03-21-2005, 12:50 PM

Exactly what part of that statement do you find objectionable? The reason illegals come over is to do work that no American wants. They stand at the end of the parking lot at Home Depots all over town and wait to be put to work doing manual labor.

If you can't figure out what word in your post might be considered objectionable by some, then I don't know what to tell you.

mlyonsd
03-21-2005, 12:52 PM

Wow, you're on a roll today. I for one consider "beaner", to be a word just like the "N" word, which really doesn't have a place in conversation that kids could stumble on.

MOhillbilly
03-21-2005, 12:54 PM

I laughed.ROFL

MOhillbilly
03-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Really? That is interesting. I would think that anybody that favors reducing legal immigration would be branded a racist or something more colorful.

Asian cultures do it and NO-ONE even blinks in the world community.

I like how American society has this only whites a real racists mentality.

God forbid peoples of color be racist.

Radar Chief
03-21-2005, 01:02 PM
The reason illegals come over is to do work that no American is willing to pay the type of wages required to get an American to do the same job.

Fixed it for ya. :thumb:

vailpass
03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Wow, you're on a roll today. I for one consider "beaner", to be a word just like the "N" word, which really doesn't have a place in conversation that kids could stumble on.

Oh, is that what Donger is on about? Good God it must be inconvenient when every little thing gets your panties in a wad.
May I safely assume that niether one of you live in Phoenix? The term "beaner" is used in every day conversation and is not anywhere near the same class as the word "******".

vailpass
03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Fixed it for ya. :thumb:

In a way you are right Radar Chief but the reality in this town is that the small construction businesses rely on cheap Mexican labor. It allows them to be able to submit bids that are competitive with the larger companies who can come in lower due to economy of scale.
It started out as a luxury but the cheap labor has grown into a dependency for a lot of small businesses in the construction industry.

Donger
Oh, is that what Donger is on about? Good God it must be inconvenient when every little thing gets your panties in a wad.
May I safely assume that niether one of you live in Phoenix? The term "beaner" is used in every day conversation and is not anywhere near the same class as the word "******".

You assume correctly.

mlyonsd

I'm not trying to get you to stop using the word, just pointing out how stupid you look saying/typing it.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I'm not trying to get you to stop using the word, just pointing out how stupid you look saying/typing it.

No, your'e pointing out your opinion of how I look typing it. IMO your assumption that you have the right to correct my speech makes you look un-American.

mlyonsd
03-21-2005, 01:21 PM
No, your'e pointing out your opinion of how I look typing it. IMO your assumption that you have the right to correct my speech makes you look un-American.

Yes, it is only my opinion you look stupid typing it.

No, I'm not trying to correct your speech, just letting you know how I think it makes you sound.

Like I said, you're on a roll today.

Donger
03-21-2005, 01:31 PM

So, can I safely assume that you refer to your helpers using that word? To their faces, I mean.

As in, "Hey beaner! Come here!"

vailpass
03-21-2005, 01:56 PM
So, can I safely assume that you refer to your helpers using that word? To their faces, I mean.

As in, "Hey beaner! Come here!"

I'm not in the construction industry but am close to someone who is a General Contractor out here. To some of his formemans "Get your beaner ass up on that scaffolding" is asking nicely.
"Beaner" in no way, shape, or form carries the connotations that "n@gger" does.

mlyonsd
03-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm not in the construction industry but am close to someone who is a General Contractor out here. To some of his formemans "Get your beaner ass up on that scaffolding" is asking nicely.

In other words, you wouldn't say it to one of their faces. Weak, and, proves that it has the same connotations as the other word.

Donger
03-21-2005, 02:05 PM

You didn't answer my question.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 02:36 PM
You didn't answer my question.
When my yard guys come I greet them as the Beaner Squad. I have absolutely no problem referring to them as beaners during conversation i.e. "if you guys need help with that retention ditch feel free to bring a couple more beaners tomorrow". They call me el jeffe loco (crazy boss).

Donger
03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
When my yard guys come I greet them as the Beaner Squad. I have absolutely no problem referring to them as beaners during conversation i.e. "if you guys need help with that retention ditch feel free to bring a couple more beaners tomorrow". They call me el jeffe loco (crazy boss).

Thank you.

You'll also note that in both the examples you provided, the Mexicans were employed by the person saying the remark.

So, do you think that that may have something to do with their "acceptance?"

Let's find out: next time you see a Mexican on the street, one you don't know and don't give money to in exchange for labor, go up to him and say "Hi Beaner!"

And get back to us with the reaction.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Thank you.

You'll also note that in both the examples you provided, the Mexicans were employed by the person saying the remark.

So, do you think that that may have something to do with their "acceptance?"

Let's find out: next time you see a Mexican on the street, one you don't know and don't give money to in exchange for labor, go up to him and say "Hi Beaner!"

And get back to us with the reaction.

Your condescending tone is irritating. I can state this with absolute surety: you can walk down Central ave. in Phoenix and yell 'beaner' at the top of your lungs. YOu may get few stares but that's it.
You walk down Central yelling "n*gger" and it's lead poisoning time.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM
In other words, you wouldn't say it to one of their faces. Weak, and, proves that it has the same connotations as the other word.

No offense Mlyonsd but you live in freaking white bread South Dakota. Anything you have to say on the subject of Mexicans is purely conjecture and theory on your part.
When the discussion turns to extemist separatists we'll look to you as an authority. :p ROFL

mlyonsd
03-21-2005, 03:12 PM
No offense Mlyonsd but you live in freaking white bread South Dakota. Anything you have to say on the subject of Mexicans is purely conjecture and theory on your part.
When the discussion turns to extemist separatists we'll look to you as an authority. :p ROFL

ROFL In case you haven't figured it out the Mexican immigrants have populated a good share of the country. In fact, I work for a company that has about 60,000 workers, and probably 20% are Spanish speaking.

But I hear you on the separatists. Just be sure to stop your car on the hill opposite mine when you're coming to visit so I can put a scope on ya to check you out. :)

vailpass
03-21-2005, 03:15 PM
But I hear you on the separatists. Just be sure to stop your car on the hill opposite mine when you're coming to visit so I can put a scope on ya to check you out. :)

Scary thing here is I don't know whether you are kidding or not :hmmm: :)

mlyonsd
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
Scary thing here is I don't know whether you are kidding or not :hmmm: :)

That's the way us separatists like it. :thumb:

Duck Dog
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
We should stop giving them free health care.

I used to operate with JTF 6. We would spot many, many crossers during any given deployment. Almost nightly.

Donger
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Your condescending tone is irritating. I can state this with absolute surety: you can walk down Central ave. in Phoenix and yell 'beaner' at the top of your lungs. YOu may get few stares but that's it.
You walk down Central yelling "n*gger" and it's lead poisoning time.

Absolute surety? So, you've done that, right? You're speaking from experience?

If not, you can't say it with "absolute suerty."

BTW, why do you think I'm being condescending? I'm not sure why you'd think that.

Duck Dog
03-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Another solution would be; instead of busing them back to Mexico, we could put them on a boat and drop them off in some other country.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Absolute surety? So, you've done that, right? You're speaking from experience?

If not, you can't say it with "absolute suerty."

BTW, why do you think I'm being condescending? I'm not sure why you'd think that.

Have you ever rammed a red hot poker up your ass? :eek: Then how do you know it would hurt?
Stop being obtuse. :)

Donger
03-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Have you ever rammed a red hot poker up your ass? Then how do you know it would hurt?
Stop being obtuse.

Guess that answers my question. Then again, I didn't mention either red hot pokers or "absolute surety," did I?

If you can't comprehend that perhaps your helpers shrug off you calling them beaners because you employ them, then I guess we're through.

vailpass
03-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Guess that answers my question. Then again, I didn't mention either red hot pokers or "absolute surety," did I?

If you can't comprehend that perhaps your helpers shrug off you calling them beaners because you employ them, then I guess we're through.

Cool, I'm more than done with this pointless issue. I'm sorry if you don't subscribe to the whole analogy concept.
One thing I noticed:
when I type 'beaner' it comes up exactly as I spelled it. If I try to type ****** it is automatically censored by the board. Why do you think this is so? I also notice you seem to have no problem typing/using the word 'beaner'. Do you treat the word N@gger the same or do you refrain from spelling/using the whole word nomatter the topic of conversation? Why do you think this is so?

Brock
03-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Great, the whole "beaner" episode again. How many times is history going to freaking repeat itself?

vailpass
03-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Great, the whole "beaner" episode again. How many times is history going to freaking repeat itself?

I'm sorry if this has been covered before; not my intention to waste space on this trivial point. I will cease as of now.

Bob Dole
03-21-2005, 06:43 PM
While Bob Dole's stance regarding illegal immigrants being, well...illegal... has not changed, getting lost for over 2 hours in rural Mexico sure has given Bob Dole a sort of respect and understanding for why they venture north of the border at all.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 07:00 PM
You don't reward scofflaws with the option of citizenship, IMO. I find that to be reprehensible idea, and a slap in the face of all legal immigrants. Let's not forget; there is a legal way to immigrate. These people are choosing not to.

They deserve nothing.

Sorry, we already reward them by letting them stay here. They don't deport the vast majority back.

To be honest, I don't give a damn what legal immigrants think. If they can't understand that we have a huge and growing illegal problem, that up to this point with conventional methods hasn't produce any kind of results in our favor. Then screw them. It isn't about them or how they arrived here.

Sometimes it's better to think outside the box and maybe give in alittle instead of being even harsher.

The majority of illegals come here for a better oppurtunity for them and their families. And shooting someone looking for a better life is not my idea of what we should be. To be even more honest, it sounds sorta East Berlinish in a weird kind of way.

Offer them the chance of citizenship. Make them tax payers. Make them contribute more back to society than cheap labor and then sending most of the money they earn back to their home country. There are ways to solve our illegal problem, and violence should be the very last option.

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Sorry, we already reward them by letting them stay here. They don't deport the vast majority back.

To be honest, I don't give a damn what legal immigrants think. If they can't understand that we have a huge and growing illegal problem, that up to this point with conventional methods hasn't produce any kind of results in our favor. Then screw them. It isn't about them or how they arrived here.

Sometimes it's better to think outside the box and maybe give in alittle instead of being even harsher.

The majority of illegals come here for a better oppurtunity for them and their families. And shooting someone looking for a better life is not my idea of what we should be. To be even more honest, it sounds sorta East Berlinish in a weird kind of way.

Offer them the chance of citizenship. Make them tax payers. Make them contribute more back to society than cheap labor and then sending most of the money they earn back to their home country. There are ways to solve our illegal problem, and violence should be the very last option.

You don't have to be violent. You can be tough, which every admin has been afraid to do.

Start by trade sanctions against Mexico unless they agree to absorb the deportation costs 100%.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
You don't have to be violent. You can be tough, which every admin has been afraid to do.

Start by trade sanctions against Mexico unless they agree to absorb the deportation costs 100%.

Donger wasn't talking about being tough. Donger was suggesting 3 warning shots and a kill shot.

KCWolfman
03-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Donger wasn't talking about being tough. Donger was suggesting 3 warning shots and a kill shot.
I agree, over the top.

But honestly, we need to stop coddling the nations who are not only allowing such actions, but vigorously sanctioning them. The individuals won't change their habits, Mexico should.

Saggysack
03-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I agree, over the top.

But honestly, we need to stop coddling the nations who are not only allowing such actions, but vigorously sanctioning them. The individuals won't change their habits, Mexico should.

Something needs to be done. I would be happy with any action taken that does not involve killing those seeking a better life. If that means sanctions aginst Mexico, then so be it.

Cochise
03-21-2005, 07:25 PM
Instead of bussing them back to Mexico we should fly them to Baghdad. Lot of construction work to be done over there!

Donger
03-21-2005, 07:48 PM
I agree, over the top.

If one hasn't gotten the point after three warning shots, I'd be surprised if they realize that food goes in the mouth.

Donger
03-21-2005, 07:52 PM

Again, deportation means nothing if our borders remain porous.

As to you not caring what legal immigrants think, I understand. Unless you've gone through the legal channels (or were fortunate enough to be born here), you never will.

Demonpenz
03-21-2005, 07:55 PM
doesn't mexico not let people come in illegally through the south?

recycle
03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Illegal aliens are great for service-based business. It provides the cheap labor (illegally) that can only be found in 3rd world countries--labor much cheaper than minimum wage will allow.

Consider the construction industry, hotels maids, or many other service-based jobs. They are often composed entirely of non-English speaking Mexicans, at least in southern, major US cities.

In non-service-based industries, corporations must outsource the labor, thereby eliminating US jobs. However, in the case of construction workers, ya kinda need the workers to be here.

That's why the US isn't cracking down on illegal aliens. The US is a corp-run state and the corporations don't want to lose the cheap labor.

Sure, there are some governmental entities stifling the flow of immigrants, but as we all agree, they aren't doing much. I contend that money and greed are the culprit.

trndobrd
03-22-2005, 10:57 AM
I think that is a little over dramatic don't you? My main concern is the influx of illegal aliens into this country and until we as Americans decide to voice our concern the politicians won't ever change the policy.

Not in the least. It all started when we let the Irish start getting in this country. Bunch of starving farmers, should have got a job in their own country. Then came the Italians. God! What a mistake that was. Pretty much flushed this country down the toilet when we made that mistake. We should round up all the potato and pasta eaters and ship them back to Europe, or wherever they came from.

alanm
03-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Instead of bussing them back to Mexico we should fly them to Baghdad. Lot of construction work to be done over there!Now there's a solution I could get behind. You want work? It's in Baghdad. Sign up or go home.
:thumb: