PDA

View Full Version : With all the negativity surrounding this team...

Clint in Wichita
12-14-2000, 01:31 AM
I think we ought to give props to these guys for still being good guys:

Christmas cheer

Chiefs linebacker Donnie Edwards called his "Shop With a Jock" Party for underprivileged children a success.

Edwards, through his "Best Defense Foundation," treated 50 children to dinner and gave them each a $100 gift certificate for shopping at Wal-Mart. Edwards and about 20 teammates accompanied the children on their shopping spree.

"It gave me an awesome feeling," Edwards said. "We sat down at dinner and got to know the kids up close and personal. A lot of the players told me how great they felt doing it. Some of the kids went over the $100, and the players picked up the difference."

Edwards said the most popular toy items were scooters, bicycles, dolls and clothing. "Some of the smart ones bought footballs and asked us to sign them," Edwards said. "And some of them bought necessities for their families like toothpaste and soap." <BR>

Stingie D
12-14-2000, 02:07 AM
It is always nice to see members of the Chiefs giving back to the community. They are to be congratulated for helping out the less fortunate !!!

DoktorSmith
12-14-2000, 09:05 AM
Some heart-warming news for the red & gold faithful.

Now, if only Gunther would announce his retirement...

xoxo~
gaz
glad to see some class from his team.

TEX
12-14-2000, 09:10 AM
This is very nice..DE is a class act, and I hope KC keeps him around for a long time.

Things like this help take the sting out of reading about things like "a-rod's" contract....which btw is several million per year more than our [b]COUNTY'S BUDGET!!!</B>