PDA

View Full Version : Hartwell's first week with the Falcons

shaneo69
03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
From Pastabelly's 3/25 TipSheet...

The defending NFC South champions apparently got even more than they thought with the signing of unrestricted middle linebacker Ed Hartwell of the Baltimore Ravens. The Falcons personnel people knew Hartwell was a productive player and a high-character guy, but when he arrived at the team's complex on Wednesday, the first thing he did was ask for a defensive playbook, and the second thing was to hole himself up in the film room for several hours, reviewing video of his new teammates. "He already convened a meeting of the linebackers to figure out a schedule for when they would all come in and lift weights together," vice president of football operations Ron Hill said. "You can't help but love the guy."

Too bad we missed out on this guy. Sounds like a real leader.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Yea........ well................... we've got Kawika...........................

CosmicPal
03-25-2005, 01:44 PM
I know we got the better LB.

Kendra Bell doesn't watch film- it hurts his eyes. He doesn't lift weights either, he gets a hernia. He doesn't read the playbook either, it gives him migraines.

We'll be all right.

beavis
03-25-2005, 01:48 PM
I know we got the better LB.

Kendra Bell doesn't watch film- it hurts his eyes. He doesn't lift weights either, he gets a hernia. He doesn't read the playbook either, it gives him migraines.

We'll be all right.
Uh, I'd be pissed at you if it wasn't so true. :deevee:

|Zach|
03-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Uh, I'd be pissed at you if it wasn't so true. :deevee:
You think that is true?? :spock:

beer bacon
03-25-2005, 01:49 PM
We are doomed!

beavis
03-25-2005, 01:51 PM
You think that is true?? :spock:
That he is injury prone.... yeah.

|Zach|
03-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Heh

tyton75
03-25-2005, 01:56 PM
Pastabelly wrote that just to piss us off because he was perusing the web one day.. found Chiefsplanet... and saw us mocking him...

he responded with this article just to piss us off...

sidenote... it took him 36 hours straight to type this article because his fingers are like Bratwursts!

Fatass!

Pants
03-25-2005, 01:59 PM

Is he injury prone because he got a hernia trying to do too much to help his team? Or is he injury prone for coming out too soon and re-aggravating his ankle worse than it was, once again to help his team?

beavis
03-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Is he injury prone because he got a hernia trying to do too much to help his team? Or is he injury prone for coming out too soon and re-aggravating his ankle worse than it was, once again to help his team?
What difference does it make if he was injured?

tk13
03-25-2005, 02:01 PM
LB Coach: Welcome to Atlanta Ed.

Hartwell: Thanks Coach, get me a playbook.

LB Coach: That's great! It's good to have a leader like you aboard! Anything else you need?

Hartwell: Yeah, I want to arrange a meeting with all the linebackers.

LB Coach: When do you want to set that up?

Hartwell: Sometime in the next 48 hours.

beer bacon
03-25-2005, 02:02 PM

I think the argument is that his injuries are not chronic, but are preventable.

Pants
03-25-2005, 02:05 PM

He wouldn't have been injury prone if the coachng staff did their job and he wouldn't be injury prone if he was smart. I willing to believe and hop he learned from his mistakes.

BTW, you need to stop listening to the media as much. Just because some fat ass behind a typewriter decided to brand Bell is injury prone, doesn't really mean he is. Stats don't always show the whole story.

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:08 PM
There is no question that, when healthy, Bell is the better LB of the two. Bell is a top 5 LB when healthy.

Health is the big concern.

Pants
03-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Health is the big concern.

...for all players in the NFL.

Coogs
03-25-2005, 02:13 PM

IIRC, his injury from last season was sustained while lifting weights.

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:14 PM

Exactly.

shaneo69
03-25-2005, 02:16 PM

But especially for those who are injury-prone.

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:17 PM
I wish I saved that article about Johnnie Morton when he came to KC. It read just like this one. Old JM came in and requested game tapes of the KC offense, etc. He was showing all of our WR's how his workout regimen works, etc.

Where did that get him?

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:18 PM
But especially for those who are injury-prone.

Bell is not injury prone. He has had 1 injury that caused him to miss extensive time. I would label Priest Holmes injury prone.

Count Zarth
03-25-2005, 02:18 PM
I wish I saved that article about Johnnie Morton when he came to KC. It read just like this one. Old JM came in and requested game tapes of the KC offense, etc. He was showing all of our WR's how his workout regimen works, etc.

Where did that get him?

He ate Roast Chicken, too! What a great guy!

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:21 PM
He ate Roast Chicken, too! What a great guy!

HA!! You remember that. How Morton came into town and impressed Vermeil and Peterson by ordering baked chicken for dinner instead of a burger and fries. What a great work ethic he must have....

Flash forward to his first season where he supposedly "wore out" because he wasn't used to Vermeil's practices, and last season when he faked an injury to miss all of Training Camp, only to make a spectacular comeback when the season rolled around.

Coogs
03-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Bell is not injury prone. He has had 1 injury that caused him to miss extensive time. I would label Priest Holmes injury prone.

That was the wieght room injury, correct? Last season he injured his groin squatting too much weight IIRC.

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:23 PM
That was the wieght room injury, correct? Last season he injured his groin squatting too much weight IIRC.

Correct. other than last season, he played in 16, 12, and 16 games. He's only played 4 seasons in the NFL.

TEX
03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Hartwell was the best FA LB available. The CHIEFS had a shot but chose Bell instead. Had it been me, Hartwell would have been my guy. I'm just glad we did SOMETHING!

Coogs
03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Correct. other than last season, he played in 16, 12, and 16 games. He's only played 4 seasons in the NFL.

Personally, I think too much is being made of this injury situation. I think he will be fine.

And on a completely different subject, but with much the same thought pattern, I think Law is going to be fine too.

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:28 PM
Hartwell was the best FA LB available. The CHIEFS had a shot but chose Bell instead. Had it been me, Hartwell would have been my guy. I'm just glad we did SOMETHING!

Hartwell was the best FA LB because Bell had an injury concern. Bottom line is that if Bell wouldn't have been hurt last season, he never would have been a FA. He would have been franchised by Pittsburgh. Hartwell is a solid player, not spectacular, not a star. Just plain old solid. Kendrell Bell, when healthy, is a star...An instant Pro Bowl LB.

ClevelandChief
03-25-2005, 02:28 PM
HA!! You remember that. How Morton came into town and impressed Vermeil and Peterson by ordering baked chicken for dinner instead of a burger and fries. What a great work ethic he must have....

Flash forward to his first season where he supposedly "wore out" because he wasn't used to Vermeil's practices, and last season when he faked an injury to miss all of Training Camp, only to make a spectacular comeback when the season rolled around.

Yeah but did you ever see his abs, boy you could bounce quarter off of them

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Yeah but did you ever see his abs, boy you could bounce quarter off of them

LOL!!

beavis
03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
BTW, you need to stop listening to the media as much. Just because some fat ass behind a typewriter decided to brand Bell is injury prone, doesn't really mean he is. Stats don't always show the whole story.
ROFL

Thanks for the info, I'll take it under advisement.

shaneo69
03-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Kendrell Bell, when healthy, is a star...An instant Pro Bowl LB.

You may be over-rating him a bit. He's been healthy 3 out of 4 years, but made only one Pro Bowl, correct?

TRR
03-25-2005, 02:44 PM
You may be over-rating him a bit. He's been healthy 3 out of 4 years, but made only one Pro Bowl, correct?

I wouldn't recommend correlating Pro Bowl invites to on field success.

You could be right though....I might be over-rating him.

TEX
03-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Hartwell was the best FA LB because Bell had an injury concern. Bottom line is that if Bell wouldn't have been hurt last season, he never would have been a FA. He would have been franchised by Pittsburgh. Hartwell is a solid player, not spectacular, not a star. Just plain old solid. Kendrell Bell, when healthy, is a star...An instant Pro Bowl LB.

Sure, in Pittsburgh's defense he was a Pro Bowler. The deal is Bell was injured so you can't discount that. Given the situation between the two, Hartwell has less question marks and the market said so as well. CP got Bell for the "player coming off an injury price" rather than the "former Pro Bowler price," which is they way it should have been. IMO, I'd still take Hartwell over Bell, but I am glad we signed Bell.

Pitt Gorilla
03-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Sure, in Pittsburgh's defense he was a Pro Bowler. The deal is Bell was injured so you can't discount that. Given the situation between the two, Hartwell has less question marks and the market said so as well. CP got Bell for the "player coming off an injury price" rather than the "former Pro Bowler price," which is they way it should have been. IMO, I'd still take Hartwell over Bell, but I am glad we signed Bell.I originally thought Hartwell would be better, but I'm pretty sure he isn't a 3 down guy. Hartwell just doesn't have the speed of a guy like Bell, who can blitz well and play in coverage. Side to side, both healthy, Bell is the better backer.

Ari Chi3fs
03-25-2005, 03:17 PM
I miss Ed Hartwell, *sniff.

He will always be a Chief in my mind.

Cannibal
03-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Pastabelly wrote that just to piss us off because he was perusing the web one day.. found Chiefsplanet... and saw us mocking him...

he responded with this article just to piss us off...

sidenote... it took him 36 hours straight to type this article because his fingers are like Bratwursts!

Fatass!

He needs a dialing wand.

Pants
03-25-2005, 03:35 PM
ROFL

Thanks for the info, I'll take it under advisement.

No problem, dude.

I mean Bell IS really injury prone, right? You knew that throughout his whole 4-year career.

KC Kings
03-25-2005, 03:45 PM

Where did that get him?

This is is coming out year. It takes most player 5 years to get used to grass after playing on turf.

TRR
03-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Sure, in Pittsburgh's defense he was a Pro Bowler. The deal is Bell was injured so you can't discount that. Given the situation between the two, Hartwell has less question marks and the market said so as well. CP got Bell for the "player coming off an injury price" rather than the "former Pro Bowler price," which is they way it should have been. IMO, I'd still take Hartwell over Bell, but I am glad we signed Bell.

And what's funny is Hartwell has never been a Pro Bowler in the Ravens defense...Arguably better than Pittsburgh's. Considering Peterson, Vermeil, Bell and his agent say he could play if there was a game tonight...I will discount the "injury prone" theory.

unlurking
03-25-2005, 04:19 PM
One pro-bowl as a starter, one as an alternate. He went out in 2002 with the ankle injury after trying to come back to soon.

So in actuality, he was available to go to the pro bowl 2 out of 4 years (not 3 of 4), and went both.

alanm
03-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Wrong on so many levels. Bell is the better LB. Has been, and will continue to be. :thumb:

C-Mac
03-25-2005, 04:38 PM

:thumb:

C-Mac
03-25-2005, 04:38 PM

He will always be a Chief in my mind.

ROFL

Wallcrawler
03-25-2005, 05:52 PM

Considering he was selected to the Pro Bowl in his rookie season, Id say he has a great deal of talent. Look how many linebackers have played their entire careers without a pro bowl.

And, as previously stated, he was selected again as an alternate.

I hadnt realised that Hartwell had not been to a pro bowl until I read it here and it made me think about it. Hartwell is solid, but just being solid doesnt get you many pro bowls.

Kendrell Bell is a better candidate to make the big play on defense that totally destroys an offensive play, causing a turnover, sack, or tackle for loss, rather than Hartwell who is just going to be in the right place to make the tackle each play.

Frazod
03-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, he should enjoy the game film from the last time Atlanta played the Chiefs.... :$2500:

stumppy
03-25-2005, 06:12 PM
The bottom line is we still made a significant improvement on defense.
At least we're not all on here sying 'WTF, no changes in personal' like we were last year.

milkman
03-25-2005, 07:05 PM
I hadnt realised that Hartwell had not been to a pro bowl until I read it here and it made me think about it. Hartwell is solid, but just being solid doesnt get you many pro bowls.

Pro Bowls, in many ways, is nothing more than a popularity contest, especially with fan votes.

Ray Lewis is a star, and everybody knows who he is.

But the fact is, deserving players don't always get into the PB.

The media sells a player, and that is the player that the average fan votes for.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
03-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Folks,

Hartwell was a leader for the Ravens.

When Ray Lewis was injured for a big chunk of 2003, Hartwell took over as the Captain for the Defense and was a big reason the Ravens made the playoffs that year.

You can say "he wasn't a leader" all you want. People here in the Balto-DC corridor might just have to disagree with you.

This is one guy we shouldn't have let slip away.

TEX
03-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Wrong on so many levels. Bell is the better LB. Has been, and will continue to be. :thumb:

Okay - please name the levels. I'm betting you'll change your opinion. :hmmm:

TEX
03-25-2005, 07:41 PM
And what's funny is Hartwell has never been a Pro Bowler in the Ravens defense...Arguably better than Pittsburgh's. Considering Peterson, Vermeil, Bell and his agent say he could play if there was a game tonight...I will discount the "injury prone" theory.

Now I didn't say he was injury prone. But he certainly did not sign a former Pro Bowl contract. I'm sure he could play right now but he was signed for way less because of the injury. Was he not? :hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
03-25-2005, 08:21 PM

He will always be a Chief in my mind.We did have some good times...

Chiefnj
03-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Folks,

Hartwell was a leader for the Ravens.

When Ray Lewis was injured for a big chunk of 2003, Hartwell took over as the Captain for the Defense and was a big reason the Ravens made the playoffs that year.

You can say "he wasn't a leader" all you want. People here in the Balto-DC corridor might just have to disagree with you.

This is one guy we shouldn't have let slip away.

Look at the Ravens defensive rankings the years prior to Ray Ray going out and after. The Ravens took a big dip that year in both points and yards allowed.

TRR
03-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Now I didn't say he was injury prone. But he certainly did not sign a former Pro Bowl contract. I'm sure he could play right now but he was signed for way less because of the injury. Was he not? :hmmm:

Yes he was. And it worked out great for us. If he hadn't been injured, we would have never had the money to sign him.

Baby Lee
03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Too bad we missed out on this guy. Sounds like a real leader.
Shut your ass face!!
You don't KNOW that!!!
There is not objective evidence!!!
Does not compute!!!

Sincerely - Rufusmaqway

ChiTown
03-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Shut your ass face!!
You don't KNOW that!!!
Does not compute!!!

Sincerely - Rufusmaqway

LMFAO!

classic

C-Mac
03-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Well, he should enjoy the game film from the last time Atlanta played the Chiefs.... :$2500:

:thumb: ROFL

htismaqe
03-27-2005, 05:56 AM
Shut your ass face!!
You don't KNOW that!!!
Does not compute!!!

Sincerely - Rufusmaqway

Translation - htismaqe 1, Baby Lee 0

|Zach|
03-27-2005, 05:58 AM
heh

philfree
03-27-2005, 06:09 AM
What's the number's on Hartwells contract again? I thought we offered Hartwell and Bell the same basic contract and it wasn't enough for him so he went looking for more money in AZ(yeah I know where he signed.) of all places while Bell signed on as a Chief. I think we got the right guy for us.

PhilFree:arrow:

htismaqe
03-27-2005, 06:11 AM
What's the number's on Hartwells contract again? I thought we offered Hartwell and Bell the same basic contract and it wasn't enough for him so he went looking for more money in AZ(yeah I know where he signed.) of all places while Bell signed on as a Chief. I think we got the right guy for us.

The injury thing worries me.

I would have much preferred Hartwell.

philfree
03-27-2005, 06:19 AM
The injury thing worries me.

I would have much preferred Hartwell.

At what price? Since Bells worst injury happened off the football field I'm not worried about it at all. I'll bet he learned his lesson and I also bet that our trainers will keep a close eye on him so he don't do the same thing over again. IMO we got the player with the most upside and potential. What did Hartwell sign for again?

htismaqe
03-27-2005, 06:51 AM
At what price? Since Bells worst injury happened off the football field I'm not worried about it at all. I'll bet he learned his lesson and I also bet that our trainers will keep a close eye on him so he don't do the same thing over again. IMO we got the player with the most upside and potential. What did Hartwell sign for again?

I don't really care about the price. Hartwell's deal wasn't outrageous by any means. It just looks big because of the deal we gave Bell. I just hope that Bell can stay on the field.

jspchief
03-27-2005, 09:02 AM
F*ck Ed Hartwell. He's spilt milk.

I really look forward to listening to the flapping labias for the next four years, everytime Hartwell wipes his ass front-to-back.:shake:

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 05:44 AM
You know what man. I tried to make a joke of this, but f*ck you.
Jesus.
I expressed the opinion that Hartwell has leadership qualities that we'd like and need. And you went science nerd, and tried to turn an opinion into a f*cking theorem with charts and graphs and soil samples.
But it doesn't matter. Time will prove my opinion correct, and you'll still be nursing your wrongheaded impression of a distinction that I hadn't metaphysically PROVED my OPINION of Hartwell's leadership qualities back when we had a chance to sign him.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 05:47 AM
Moment of zen: Time only proves that one idiot's guess was a little luckier than another's.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 05:49 AM
F*ck Ed Hartwell. He's spilt milk.

I really look forward to listening to the flapping labias for the next four years, everytime Hartwell wipes his ass front-to-back.:shake:
Hell yeah!!! I hope the Chiefs suck like never before, so I can take supreme comfort in my superhuman innoculation against the realization that the Chiefs D is a joke and CP is too cheap to do what needs to be done.
I'm a GREAT fan, because I'm STILL grinning when the Chiefs look like sh!t. Nothing could sway me from that goofy-assed grin.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 05:50 AM
Moment of zen: Time only proves that one idiot's guess was a little luckier than another's.
Where's your PROOF??

You can't say that without proof.

FTR - I just pwned your opinion making azz!!!

BL - 1
KiKC - 0

BITCH!!!!

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 05:52 AM
Where's your PROOF??

You can't say that without proof.I read my razor clippings like they were tea leaves. They tell me I'm right. Or that I went too long between shaves. I'm not really sure which.

jspchief
03-28-2005, 06:09 AM
Hell yeah!!! I hope the Chiefs suck like never before, so I can take supreme comfort in my superhuman innoculation against the realization that the Chiefs D is a joke and CP is too cheap to do what needs to be done.
I'm a GREAT fan, because I'm STILL grinning when the Chiefs look like sh!t. Nothing could sway me from that goofy-assed grin.

Jeesuz, take a f*cking midol.

I'm just saying that he's not a Chief, so there's little use in us lamenting over not getting him for the next ten years. We made an offer, he kept looking. We haven't even seen him or Bell play for their new teams yet and we're already claiming that we got the short end of the stick.

I realize it's part of the culture of being a Chiefs fan to constantly bitch about who we missed out on, but for f*ck's sake, we gota MLB that has the talent to be twice the player Hartwell is. before we declare him a bust, I'd at least like to see him on the field for us.

Don't take your PMSing lesbian lover's quarrel with Rufusmaq out on me.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Jeesuz, take a f*cking midol.

I'm just saying that he's not a Chief, so there's little use in us lamenting over not getting him for the next ten years. We made an offer, he kept looking. We haven't even seen him or Bell play for their new teams yet and we're already claiming that we got the short end of the stick.

I realize it's part of the culture of being a Chiefs fan to constantly bitch about who we missed out on, but for f*ck's sake, we gota MLB that has the talent to be twice the player Hartwell is. before we declare him a bust, I'd at least like to see him on the field for us.

Don't take your PMSing lesbian lover's quarrel with Rufusmaq out on me.
BUt the thing is, you have one contingent who says "people can't complain about personnel decisions until after all the signing is done." Then you have another contingent who says "after all the signing is done, I don't want to hear any bitching about personnel decisions."
Mighty small window for those who are pissed off about personnel decisions. Ironically small, considering how personnel decisions have f*cked into a defense wasteland.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 06:56 AM
Don't forget the contingent who says "don't bitch until the games are played and you see how people play".

This is a complicated f*cking game. It makes my f*cking head hurt.

Pants
03-28-2005, 06:58 AM
BUt the thing is, you have one contingent who says "people can't complain about personnel decisions until after all the signing is done." Then you have another contingent who says "after all the signing is done, I don't want to hear any bitching about personnel decisions."
Mighty small window for those who are pissed off about personnel decisions. Ironically small, considering how personnel decisions have f*cked into a defense wasteland.

Why are you pissed? Bell > Hartwell, plus a much nicer/safer contract. Sammy > Wesley/Woods. Hartwell = indicisive, cheap ass bitch. No Hartwell = enough money to sign Law/Surtain. I don't see what there is to bitch to about. Now, if we don't sign Law/Surtain, I'll be joining you company.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Don't forget the contingent who says "don't bitch until the games are played and you see how people play".

This is a complicated f*cking game. It makes my f*cking head hurt.
And after the games are played, it's "kwitcherbitchen. We're lookin' to next season."

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Why are you pissed? Bell > Hartwell, plus a much nicer/safer contract. Sammy > Wesley/Woods. Hartwell = indicisive, cheap ass bitch. No Hartwell = enough money to sign Law/Surtain. I don't see what there is to bitch to about. Now, if we don't sign Law/Surtain, I'll be joining you company.
Because Hartwell/Rolle is 10x> than Bell/Law/Surtain AND Knight.
Our present BEST CASE scenario is inferior to our original, and now utterly failed, game plan.
And before you start in on the post hoc denigration of Hartwell and Rolle, remember those two were the ones the Chiefs organization indentified as the cream of the crop before they crapped their pants wooing them.

Pants
03-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Because Hartwell/Rolle is 10x> than Bell/Law/Surtain AND Knight.
Our present BEST CASE scenario is inferior to our original, and now utterly failed, game plan.

How is Hartwell + Rolle 10x> than Bell + Knight + Law/Surtain? I'm missing the logic here?

Bell > Hartwell
Saurtain = Rolle
Knight > Wesley/Woods

Umm, yeah.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Bell > Hartwell
Just plain wrong
Saurtain = Rolle
Skills roughly equivalent with a slight edge to Rolle, Price [FA -v- Trade Prospect] wildly divergent with a DECIDED edge to Rolle.
Knight > Wesley/Woods
Not knocking the Knight acquisition, but it's a distant second banana to the LB/CB missteps.
And I notice you completely ignored us continuing to hang our hopes on 'Li'l Rascal' Law.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 07:14 AM
I think we chose Bell over Hartwell, for whatever reason, and when we did, signing a corner became the priority. I believe the only reason we spoke to Hartwell again later on is because he simply wasn't getting the offers that he thought he would. However, I don't think there was any way we could have feasibly signed both Hartwell and Surtain, and I'm fine with that because I wasn't all that infatuated with the idea of bringing in a second high-priced mike. If we don't get Surtain, however, then I think we're in some serious trouble.

chiefmachine
03-28-2005, 07:15 AM
The Chiefs did nothing last year and so far have signed Bell and Knight. The Chiefs biggest need right now is a solid cover corner or 2 and another defensive end. I cant understand why people thought we were going to sign to allpro linebackers with all the holes we have on DD. THis should have been put to rest along time ago

Pants
03-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Just plain wrong

Oh bullshit. For one, Bell was listed higher on the FA lists posted on the planet (wish the search function was on). I thought we all agreed he's the better player when healthy, anyway. He's quicker and hits just as hard, if not harder. He can also play either MLB or OLB, good for confusing mother****ers.

I agree that we f*cked up with Rolle, but it's not the end of the world, seeing how we can still get Surtain/Law.

I was disagreeing on the whole Hartwell thing. Another positive - Bell will have to play hard or he won't get jack shit.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 07:19 AM
You know what man. I tried to make a joke of this, but f*ck you.
Jesus.
I expressed the opinion that Hartwell has leadership qualities that we'd like and need. And you went science nerd, and tried to turn an opinion into a f*cking theorem with charts and graphs and soil samples.
But it doesn't matter. Time will prove my opinion correct, and you'll still be nursing your wrongheaded impression of a distinction that I hadn't metaphysically PROVED my OPINION of Hartwell's leadership qualities back when we had a chance to sign him.

Yeah right.

You've acted like a whiney ****ing baby for the last 2 weeks solid and that post was no different.

Joke my ass. The only joke here is your attitude.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 07:20 AM

Yep.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 07:21 AM
Just plain wrong

Skills roughly equivalent with a slight edge to Rolle, Price [FA -v- Trade Prospect] wildly divergent with a DECIDED edge to Rolle.

Not knocking the Knight acquisition, but it's a distant second banana to the LB/CB missteps.
And I notice you completely ignored us continuing to hang our hopes on 'Li'l Rascal' Law.

BULLSHIT.

Hartwell > Bell, that much I agree with.

But Surtain is > than Rolle X 10.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah right.

You've acted like a whiney ****ing baby for the last 2 weeks solid and that post was no different.

Joke my ass. The only joke here is your attitude.
You're the one who has turned my 'crime' of uttering an opinion in a declarative sentence into the f*cking crucifixion.

Note to all, if you fail to prominently denote opinions with a hearty "this is my OPINION" Ruffie loses his sh!t.

And yes it was a joke. And a darn funny one . . . . [OOOPS, in MY OPINION it was funny. Sorry Analmaqe].

chiefmachine
03-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Rolle was injured most of last year to and as a big fantasy football player have noticed that Rolle hasn't really done shit in almost two years, Rolle was not the answer.

Pants
03-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Rolle was injured most of last year to and as a big fantasy football player have noticed that Rolle hasn't really done shit in almost two years, Rolle was not the answer.

Meh, I wanted him on this team BAD.

chiefmachine
03-28-2005, 07:46 AM
The Titans secondary got beat like a barn full of rented mules last year! Where was Rolle!

chiefmachine
03-28-2005, 07:48 AM
What did Rolle do the year before? NOTHING out of the ordinary. Warfield's stats were better!

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 08:47 AM
You're the one who has turned my 'crime' of uttering an opinion in a declarative sentence into the f*cking crucifixion.

Note to all, if you fail to prominently denote opinions with a hearty "this is my OPINION" Ruffie loses his sh!t.

And yes it was a joke. And a darn funny one . . . . [OOOPS, in MY OPINION it was funny. Sorry Analmaqe].

If you can't handle criticism don't make "declarations".

And it's you who's taken to calling people names and saying "**** you" to anyone who might disagree with you.

Sorry, but I expected more from you. I guess I was wrong.

Go change your tampon.

Amnorix
03-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Honestly, I have no idea why the Patriots didn't pursue him at all. :shrug:

Edit to note that in other words, the Chiefs weren't alone in underestimating him, perhaps.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 08:54 AM
If you can't handle criticism don't make "declarations".

And it's you who's taken to calling people names and saying "**** you" to anyone who might disagree with you.

Sorry, but I expected more from you. I guess I was wrong.

Go change your tampon.
Point was, you didn't disagree with me, you just thought you did. I expressed an opinion and you went off like a Springer guest over how my opinion wasn't a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I didn't start with the cranky until you continued to run your distinction without a difference into the ground. You turned downright Taco-esque in your vehemence to make up an argument and declare victory in said argument, where said argument didn't even exist. And when people on here turn to the ways of the Taco, they'll get a hearty GFY from me every time, without a bit of remorse.
OTOH, I'm just fine with you defining your existence by points you imagine scoring on me. Just proves the credibility you know my opinions possess.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Honestly, I have no idea why the Patriots didn't pursue him at all.You tend to shy away from the big ticket guys more often then not don't you? I realize you signed Colvin a couple years back, but he seemed more exception than rule. 'course, you'd know your team better than I would...

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Point was, you didn't disagree with me, you just thought you did. I expressed an opinion and you went off like a Springer guest over how my opinion wasn't a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I didn't start with the cranky until you continued to run your distinction without a difference into the ground. You turned downright Taco-esque in your vehemence to make up an argument and declare victory in said argument, where said argument didn't even exist. And when people on here turn to the ways of the Taco, they'll get a hearty GFY from me every time, without a bit of remorse.
OTOH, I'm just fine with you defining your existence by points you imagine scoring on me. Just proves the credibility you know my opinions possess.

I did, and still do disagree with you. You said Hartwell was a leader prior to ever displaying any such tendency. The fact that he's doing it now makes you LUCKY, not right.

As for the definition of my existence, I didn't IMAGINE anything. However, if you feel acting like a 3-year old gains you credibility, by all means, continue...

Where's your PROOF??

BL - 1
KiKC - 0

BITCH!!!!

Shut your ass face!!
You don't KNOW that!!!
Does not compute!!!

Sincerely - Rufusmaqway

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Sorry, but I expected more from you. You can't prove that.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 09:14 AM
I did, and still do disagree with you. You said Hartwell was a leader prior to ever displaying any such tendency. The fact that he's doing it now makes you LUCKY, not right.

As for the definition of my existence, I didn't IMAGINE anything. However, if you feel acting like a 3-year old gains you credibility, by all means, continue...

Where's your PROOF??

BL - 1
KiKC - 0

BITCH!!!!

Shut your ass face!!
You don't KNOW that!!!
Does not compute!!!

Sincerely - Rufusmaqway
1. I've said over and over, that when I said he was a leader I was expressing the opinion that he was the qualities and pedigree to lead a team, even though he has spent his time in the NFL in a setting where Ray-ray and Ed Reed are the leaders, not him. The fact that he's exhibiting those qualities now makes my observations apt, not lucky.
2. The quotes you provide demonstrate that I find humor in your stridency over such a stupid, irrelevant 'point' you've imagined you've made. IN MY OPINION they are humorous satirizations of your hissy fit, but I have no PROOF of that. ROFL.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 09:14 AM
You can't prove that.Oh, f*cking f*ck you, f*cker.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:18 AM
1. I've said over and over, that when I said he was a leader I was expressing the opinion that he was the qualities and pedigree to lead a team, even though he has spent his time in the NFL in a setting where Ray-ray and Ed Reed are the leaders, not him. The fact that he's exhibiting those qualities now makes my observations apt, not lucky.
2. The quotes you provide demonstrate that I find humor in your stridency over such a stupid, irrelevant 'point' you've imagined you've made. IN MY OPINION they are humorous satirizations of your hissy fit, but I have no PROOF of that. ROFL.

1. OK, I'll concede then. However, I don't ever recall you putting your argument in those terms. You were quite content with just calling me names.

2. Ordinarily, satire involves making light or humor out of an ACTUAL person or event(s). I'm sorry that I failed to see that it was "satire". Perhaps it was because my "hissy fit" NEVER HAPPENED.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 09:21 AM
1. OK, I'll concede then. However, I don't ever recall you putting your argument in those terms.
You honestly don't recall me stating that the Raven's D was 'Top Gun' for defensive leadership, and that Ray and Reed were the big dogs, but Hartwell has shown me enough to deem him a leader?*
You were quite content with just calling me names.
Like I said above, I've gotten tired of the Taco-esque tact of inventing an argument where one doesn't exist and declaring victory over said non-existent argument. If you want to call it a character flaw in me, I guess I'll accept that.

Ruffie - 2
Baby Lee - 0
Does that feel better?

How about;
Ruffie - 1000 bajillion
Baby - negative bajillion

Better?

* - meaning he WOULD BE a leader if given the mantle.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:23 AM
You honestly don't recall me stating that the Raven's D was 'Top Gun' for defensive leadership, and that Ray and Reed were the big dogs, but Hartwell has shown me enough to deem him a leader?*

* - meaning he WOULD BE a leader if given the mantle.

We're talking about my short-term memory here. If you said you said it, you did. I just don't recall it.

shaneo69
03-28-2005, 09:27 AM
One pro-bowl as a starter, one as an alternate. He went out in 2002 with the ankle injury after trying to come back to soon.

So in actuality, he was available to go to the pro bowl 2 out of 4 years (not 3 of 4), and went to both.

Okay, wait, let's backup. The original argument was that he's not really injury-prone, because he's only been hurt one year (2004). Someone mentioned that when healthy, he's a star, an instant pro-bowler. I said that he may not be quite that good, because he's only made 1 pro bowl during his 3 healthy seasons. Now I'm hearing that the reason he didn't make the pro bowl in 2002 was because he was hurt. So now it sounds to me like he was hurt in 2002 and 2004, which would be 2 out of his 4 seasons in the league. Injury prone? :hmmm:

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Oh, f*cking f*ck you, f*cker.That's not nice, but I appreciate the criticism.

htismaqe
Okay, wait, let's backup. The original argument was that he's not really injury-prone, because he's only been hurt one year (2004). Someone mentioned that when healthy, he's a star, an instant pro-bowler. I said that he may not be quite that good, because he's only made 1 pro bowl during his 3 healthy seasons. Now I'm hearing that the reason he didn't make the pro bowl in 2002 was because he was hurt. So now it sounds to me like he was hurt in 2002 and 2004, which would be 2 out of his 4 seasons in the league. Injury prone? :hmmm:

I agree.

I still have a lot of questions about Bell.

KCTitus
That's a good sign, hopefully, he'll help Atlanta should they face KC and only give up 5-6 TD's instead of the 8 they gave up last year.

chiefmachine
As big as a football fan as i am.How come i've heard so much about Ray lewis, boulware, Ed Reed, Mcallister and co. but never anything about Hartwell until this offseason?

shaneo69
03-28-2005, 09:30 AM
I just hope my "leader" comment in the thread-starter didn't cause this argument between you two to escalate again.

King_Chief_Fan
03-28-2005, 09:31 AM

But this is 2005, an odd year.........he will be ready to go:)

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:32 AM
Like I said above, I've gotten tired of the Taco-esque tact of inventing an argument where one doesn't exist and declaring victory over said non-existent argument. If you want to call it a character flaw in me, I guess I'll accept that.

The sarcastic declaration of victory was in response to the one post you made on this thread and nothing more.

I consider such childish tactics as concession. If you want to call it a character flaw in me, I guess I'll accept that.

As for the scoreboard stuff, I have no need to "best" you in an argument. I just want to argue.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 09:32 AM
I just hope my "leader" comment in the thread-starter didn't cause this argument between you two to escalate again.
What argument? I'm right. ;)

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 09:34 AM
The sarcastic declaration of victory was in response to the one post you made on this thread and nothing more.
And what of the repeated requests for me to 'admit defeat' and 'concede' that my opinion was not FACT???*

* - Capitalization used to mimic Ruffie's 'Screaming Declarations'

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:34 AM

Yeah, it probably did, but I consider it over now. Looks like he was right and I was wrong.

I still wish we could have signed Hartwell.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:35 AM
And what of the repeated requests for me to 'admit defeat' and 'concede' that my opinion was not FACT???

I never asked you to "admit defeat". I asked you to acknowledge the fact that you had know way of knowing that Hartwell could be a leader.

Lono
03-28-2005, 10:06 AM
You are an idiot if you think those two players would be better than all those combined. People are going to bitch no matter what happens. If surtain or law get signed it will be a very, very successful offseason for the Chiefs.

Pants
03-28-2005, 10:30 AM
You honestly don't recall me stating that the Raven's D was 'Top Gun' for defensive leadership, and that Ray and Reed were the big dogs, but Hartwell has shown me enough to deem him a leader?

Watched a lot of Ravens football, didja?

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Watched a lot of Ravens football, didja?
As much as I could get. Spent my Sundays at a Sports Bar that carried every game. Situated myself where I had a clear view of the Chiefs and as many other games as my periphery could take in. Occasionally stayed around for late Ravens games if it looked like a good matchup.
Sorry if it seems unChiefsfanlike to actually enjoy good defense.

Pants
03-28-2005, 10:39 AM
As much as I could get. Spent my Sundays at a Sports Bar that carried every game. Situated myself where I had a clear view of the Chiefs and as many other games as my periphery could take in. Occasionally stayed around for late Ravens games if it looked like a good matchup.
Sorry if it seems unChiefsfanlike to actually enjoy good defense.

I'm just wondering, because it sounded like a bunch of BS (no offense to you meant, just the way you said it...). I remeber NOT hearing/seeing him when we were double teaming Way-Way, but it's Chiefs O, so can't really judge.