PDA

View Full Version : Pacers-Pistons game Delayed. Possible threats to the team?

Saulbadguy
03-25-2005, 07:44 PM
The start of the Detroit Pistons-Indiana Pacers game in Auburn Hills, Mich., has been delayed. Police and officials at The Palace did not given a reason for the delay, but were expected to hold a news briefing shortly.

The start of the game has been delayed because of a threat to the Pacers, the Pistons told ESPN.

The players and coaches have gotten back on the team bus in the Palace at Auburn Hills loading area. The area surrounding the two locker rooms are in a "lockdown" situation and the Pistons have returned to their locker room.

The delay comes in light of the teams' previous contest at The Palace on Nov. 19, which resulted in a brawl between Pacers players and fans in a 97-82 Pacers victory.

Officials stopped the game with 45.9 seconds remaining after pushing and shoving between the teams spilled into the stands and fans began throwing things at the players near the scorer's table.

Pacers Ron Artest was suspended for the remainder of the season, Stephen Jackson served a 30-game suspension and Jermaine O'Neal served a 25-game suspension. Pistons center Ben Wallace missed six games.

tk13
03-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I'd just turned it to the local Pacers broadcast.... the Pacers TV guys were just saying how they've been hanging out for an hour and they aren't quite sure what's up, other than a possible threat against the Pacers. Gotta love Detroit.

DJay23
03-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Like I needed any other reason to HATE the NBA.

Duke is getting beat in teh second half in the Sweet 16. I find it hard to comprehend that there are honestly basketball fans who care about the Pistons and Pacers.

big nasty kcnut
03-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Heard about that must of been some nut job trying to scare people. hope they find him and burn him.

DJay23
03-25-2005, 07:52 PM
....nut job ....find him and burn him.

Interesting juxtaposition

BIG_DADDY
03-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Like I needed any other reason to HATE the NBA.

Yea it just isn't the same without the Lakers being on top.

DenverChief
03-25-2005, 08:01 PM

yeah its much more fun to watch the up and coming nuggets shred the hapless fakers...er lakers :p

ENDelt260
03-25-2005, 09:22 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar512_8.gif

Hahahaha... comedy.

Coach
03-25-2005, 10:54 PM
A bomb threat? Only in Detroit. :shake:

Count Alex's Losses
03-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Box five was supposed to be kept EMPTY!

http://www.frontrowusa.com/img/event/tn/phantom-opera.jpg

Michael Michigan
03-26-2005, 01:45 AM

So I'm clear, when Kobe bends over a concierge of his choice does that still count as "being on top?"

;)