PDA

View Full Version : Is the Boe experiment a bust

Wile_E_Coyote
03-26-2005, 02:50 PM
three years in the league & not much to show for it.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/316192

Is he SlyMo part II

Douche Baggins
03-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Depends what happens this year.

Spicy McHaggis
03-26-2005, 02:53 PM
SlyMo was a first round pick. There isn't a comparison IMO. If Boe never does anything again he still gave us 8 TD's in one season and cost us nothing.

Frazod
03-26-2005, 02:59 PM
No. Give him one more season to return to form.

Bowser
03-26-2005, 03:01 PM
It was a drag to see him get injured last year. At the end of 2003, he received some sort of correctional eye surgery, and was supposedly impressing big time in the off-season workouts of 2004.

If he drops a turd for production in 2005, I will say the Boe experiment is over (sorry, Go Bo).

StcChief
03-26-2005, 03:02 PM
If he rebounds and plays decent in 2005 definitely not.

Rain Man
03-26-2005, 03:03 PM
I agree with everyone else so far. He was a pleasant, low-cost surprise, and then he got hurt. I'm hoping he can come back strong this year, and if he doesn't we'll still have good memories of that 99-yard touchdown.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I was on a Titan board earlier & someone mention they would like to have Boe instead of the 7th rounder for Carlos Hall(if it came to a trade). Trade off I reckon both being RFAs

They posted his stats, they are less than impressive, but surely he is worth more than a 7th

Cochise
03-26-2005, 03:17 PM
It'll be a long time before I forget that 99 yard TD against Arizona but I don't think the guy has shown much. Injuries or not he doesn't help us when he's not on the field.

Bowser
03-26-2005, 03:20 PM
It'll be a long time before I forget that 99 yard TD against Arizona but I don't think the guy has shown much. Injuries or not he doesn't help us when he's not on the field.

This is one of those awkward times where I ask "You know that was against San Diego, right?" But, since you have "Phear teh Bison" as your avi, I'm going to assume you knew this......

ROFL

ChiefsCountry
03-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Our special teams dropped off alot last season with out him. That means something. Too bad it couldnt be Morton instead of Boe that injury happened to.

Cochise
03-26-2005, 03:38 PM
This is one of those awkward times where I ask "You know that was against San Diego, right?" But, since you have "Phear teh Bison" as your avi, I'm going to assume you knew this......

ROFL

Damnit. That's what I meant. :shake:

And further I dont know how I said Arizona cause I was at the Arizona game the last time they were here, and we beat them by like 50.

Must be losing it :eek:

Spicy McHaggis
03-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Our special teams dropped off alot last season with out him. That means something. Too bad it couldnt be Morton instead of Boe that injury happened to.

Thats true too, he brings more than just lining up as a reciever. I really hope he stays healthy this year. I envisioned him as our version of Jurevicius after his rookie season.

Cochise
03-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Too bad it couldnt be Morton instead of Boe that injury happened to.

That is debatable, since Morton put up about twice as many yards last season as Bo has in his entire career.

go bowe
03-26-2005, 08:02 PM
It was a drag to see him get injured last year. At the end of 2003, he received some sort of correctional eye surgery, and was supposedly impressing big time in the off-season workouts of 2004.

If he drops a turd for production in 2005, I will say the Boe experiment is over (sorry, Go Bo).and you should be sorry, you... you... you...

bo has a fantastic rookie season, a not unusual sophmore slump, and was out all of last year...

if he has recovered, i look for good things from him this year...

but i, for one, never expected bo to become a starter or to save the team...

i would very satisfied if he just made a decent contribution to our passing game as a third and even fourth receiver...

and even more important, imo, if he gets back to being the superlative gunner on kick coverage teams that he was before the injury...

go bo!! :D :D :D

TRR
03-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Boe a bust? no. Boe injury prone? Yes. If he doesn't stay healthy this season, he may have to find a job in the Canadian Football League again.

whoman69
03-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Morton is definitely gone this year. He will be cut June 1 to make room to sign rookies along with McCleon. Boe will certainly compete for the starting job along with Parker. Parker needs to gain some muscle while keeping his speed. Last year he definitely did not have enough bulk to last a season in the NFL. Made Marvin Harrison look like a body builder.

PastorMikH
03-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Boe a bust? no. Boe injury prone? Yes. If he doesn't stay healthy this season, he may have to find a job in the Canadian Football League again.

I wouldn't consider one injury in 3 years "Injury Prone". I think he was on pace to be a decent WR and I'm really not ready to give up on him just yet.

milkman
03-26-2005, 09:20 PM
I don't think any undrafted FA, former CFL player can ever be considered a bust.

As for the experiment, the results are not in yet.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2005, 10:19 PM
We won't know until after this year; this is his make or break year....

I'm guessin' (hopin'?) he and Parker light up the league this year. :thumb:

keg in kc
03-26-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't think any undrafted FA, former CFL player can ever be considered a bust.'zactly.

TRR
03-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't consider one injury in 3 years "Injury Prone". I think he was on pace to be a decent WR and I'm really not ready to give up on him just yet.

I guess I would have to agree with you, it's just that Boe has missed a ton of time in each Training Camp. His rookie season with an appendix I believe, his 2nd season with a couple of minor injuries throughout (plus 1 game during the season), and then all of last season. He had just come back from missing a lot of time, only to get hurt in Preseason.

I see your point, but he's missed a lot of offseason/TC time.

Taco John
03-27-2005, 01:23 AM
He's a bad fit for your offense. Plenty of potential there, though.

htismaqe
03-27-2005, 06:03 AM
A bust? Only when you consider fans EXPECTATIONS.

I'm not disappointed in the slightest - other than his injury, he's done exactly what I expected him to do.

The problem is that he hasn't lived up to most people's expectations - to be a #1/#2 WR.

It's Jessie Haynes' Syndrome.