PDA

View Full Version : Good News - Your Yahoo Mail is going from 250 MB to 1 GB of free storage!

recycle
03-26-2005, 04:29 PM
http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=662

Yahoo Mail to offer 1GB storage
Author: IT Observer Staff
Saturday, 26 March 2005, 21:24 GMT

Yahoo has decided to follow the rest of free webmail providers and increase the storage space it offers to customers.

Effective mid-May, subsribers of Yahoo Mail can now store up to 1GB of documents, pictures, etc., four times up from the current limit of just 250MB.

"Beginning next month, people can enjoy 1GB of storage for free and take comfort in the fact that Yahoo Mail continues to protect the privacy and security of their inboxes," announced Andy Spillane, vice president of Yahoo Mail.

"We know that people are using their Yahoo Mail accounts to send and store more attachments, photos and important messages than ever before. By providing 1GB of storage for free, we continue with our eight-year tradition of making Yahoo Mail an even more essential part of people's lives."

Users of the paid Yahoo Mail service will also be receiving an upgrade. Their storage allocation will be increased to 2GB, they will be able to send and receive attachments of up to 20MB and the built-in anti-spam and security software will be upgraded.

Google was the first provider to establish the new storage space standard. Its Gmail service was launched with 1GB, compared to few MB of the rivals Yahoo Mail and MSN Hotmail. Both have increased their allocations since then.

Brock
03-26-2005, 04:30 PM
damn corporations

tk13
03-26-2005, 04:31 PM
That's cool I guess. I don't even have any use for the 250 MB I have now. I have like 4% of my total space used.

FloridaChief
03-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah. That's real good news. I'll sleep the sleep of angels tonight...

Rain Man
03-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I've got 50 invitations, but I'm not sharing them.