PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, my website got mentioned in "Slate"

|Zach|
03-26-2005, 04:35 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2115317

I was looking through my stats and the site seemed crazy active. After some research it seems as though I got a mention in MSN's "Slate" online magazine. It was a little thing about what different bloggers are talking about. Its kind of strange because it links to a pretty bland, boring post.

Keep f$&*in doubting ZachIsHere.com!

Working Stiffs
By David Wallace-Wells
Posted Friday, March 25, 2005, at 2:28 PM PT

Today, bloggers critique the premiere of NBC's The Office, discuss a Newsweek column on Paul Wolfowitz, and analyze the ultimate meaning of the Terri Schiavo case.

Working stiffs: The Office, the transplanted American version of the celebrated British comedy-verité, premiered last night on NBC. The debut episode had American actors performing a reworked version of a British script, and bloggers don't know quite what to make of the half-new, half-old hybrid. (Read Slate's Dana Stevens on the show.)

"Wow, I didn't think a show on U.S network TV could be made without a laugh track," writes Canadian poet and writer Adrian Speyer, who thinks "kudo's should be given to NBC for green lighting a show a decade ago would never have seen the light of day on network TV." Though his expectations were "low … Real low," Joe Rivera, of Stereo Joe, was nevertheless disappointed, writing, "They dumbed down the script … they got the characters wrong, the nuances are completely off." Bloggers who don't mention the U.K. original, like those at Oh yeah this is life… and Zach Is Here, have generally positive things to say about the American update.

Brock
03-26-2005, 04:36 PM
your famous on teh INTERNET

|Zach|
03-26-2005, 04:38 PM
your famous on teh INTERNET
Bah, just a little exposure is always good. Doing this thing has opened me up to alot of career oppurtunities.

Bowser
03-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Damn spammers.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Congrats. Today Slate; tomorrow The Advocate. :thumb:

tk13
03-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Bah, just a little exposure is always good. Doing this thing has opened me up to alot of career oppurtunities.
Career Opportunities? Seriously?

That is pretty cool though...

|Zach|
03-26-2005, 04:47 PM
Career Opportunities? Seriously?
Yes, from looking at the site an associate professor of journalism at SMS got a hold of me and whats me to be a part of some interesting project type things. Turns out he is the faculty representitive for the campus radio station and I will prob be a part of doing that which is good experience being a media student. Someone checked it out and contacted me about having a timeslot for an internet radio station which I am thinking about doing just to see if its any fun.

I also have made a lot of contacts and been able to show off some of my web design work. I have been making websites for people to pay for rent and stuff like that.

Ari Chi3fs
03-26-2005, 05:03 PM
keep it up man... soon you will be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams. ANd you will have more rep than anyone in all the land.

~XOXO
Ali Chi3fs

Spreading the joy.

|Zach|
03-26-2005, 05:08 PM
keep it up man... soon you will be wealthy beyond your wildest dreams. ANd you will have more rep than anyone in all the land.

~XOXO
Ali Chi3fs

Spreading the joy.
The second part would bring so much more joy than the first.

Fat Elvis
03-26-2005, 06:00 PM
The second part would bring so much more joy than the first.

Then give me the first. I'll buy the Planet and give you infinite rep.

|Zach|
03-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Then give me the first. I'll buy the Planet and give you infinite rep.
Can I have one of these as well? Since this is a team and all...

http://www.lexus.com/models/sc/gallery_exterior_photos.html

:)