PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Mania called it on the nose

DoktorSmith
12-14-2000, 08:19 AM
Give it up for MHM, folks. He astutely predicted that BroncoFan was not OUT OF HERE, despite the anguished, tear-stained goodbye with which BF favored us. :(

xoxo~
gaz
props to the prognosticator.<BR>

DoktorSmith
12-14-2000, 08:20 AM
For those who missed the reappearance of the guy who was OUT OF HERE…
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000674.html

xoxo~
gaz
hoping MHM will dish out the PowerBall numbers.<BR>

DoktorSmith
12-14-2000, 08:20 AM
Double post.

Disregard.

xoxo~
gaz
fat-fingered.

[This message has been edited by Gaz (edited 12-14-2000).]

Phobia
12-14-2000, 08:27 AM
Gaz: Yes, MHM did predict it. I think, also, that BF has learned his lessson. Most of the crow he ate after the last meeting was direct result of the posts he made the week before the game. -- The 'Broncos 2x better than KC even with Jarious Jackson' quote comes to mind.

I do fully expect to see BF arfing all over himself on Monday if KC loses to Denver.

Gracie Dean
12-14-2000, 08:32 AM
Uh - Gaz - BroncoFan posted that months ago. Joe just went deep into the archives to retrieve it.....

ROBHONDA
12-14-2000, 09:12 AM
we've been had...our chain's been yanked.
sec

Ugly Duck
12-14-2000, 09:47 AM
Dangit... well, thanks for the props. He'll be back if Denver wins on Sunday. I guarandamntee it!<P>

DoktorSmith
12-14-2000, 01:11 PM
Bamboozled by a Seahawk fan.

Ouch!

xoxo~
gaz
hooked, lined and sunk.<BR>

Buzzbait
12-14-2000, 03:43 PM
Gotcha Gaz.. ;)

Hey, BTW I finally saw MI2. I didn't see it in the theatre, but I did see it on dvd dolby digital, very cool movie
You are right John Woo rules!<BR>

DoktorSmith
12-15-2000, 09:16 AM
Joe-

Check out his Hong Kong action movies, particularly "The Killer"and "Hard Boiled."

xoxo~
gaz
Woobacker.<BR>

Dr. Red
12-15-2000, 09:22 AM
Gaz - have you seen 'Once a Thief' [a comedy of sorts] or 'A Bullet in the Head' [nicknamed 'The Deerhunter East' about the Vietnam war]? I've loved 'The Killer' and 'Hard Boiled' for a while now [DVD makes it even better], but have heard that these two are even better [more well developed story/emotion].

DoktorSmith
12-15-2000, 09:35 AM
"Once a Thief" is okay, but does not have the elaborately choreographed action sequences of "The Killer" or "Hard Boiled." It is lighter fare. The love triangle is weird and could be a cultural thing. Although I did not hate this movie, it did not have enough of the Woo imprint for my taste.

"A Bullet in the Head" is a Vietnam-era story, but not about combat. It is quite intense and occasionally disturbing, but it runs afoul of the same type of problem as "Once a Thief" where I am concerned.

Let me present this caveat to my opinion: I watch a Woo movie for butt-kicking action, coats flowing in slow motion, stylish fight sequences and cool, cool heroes. Van Damme lacked the screen presence to carry it off in "Hard Target." I did not care all that much for Slater in "Broken Arrow," but Travolta was a great villain and took up the slack. "Face/Off" and "MI:2" were vintage Woo, with seriously upgraded production values. "The Killer" and "Hard Boiled" lack the production values, but lose none of the energy and they have ultra-cool Chow Yun Fat in the lead.

BTW, Woo fans should check out "The Replacement Killers." It is directed by a Woo protégé [Antoine Fuqua], but it has all the Woo trademarks and Mr. Cool in the lead role. Throw in Mira Sorvino in a nifty role and you have a great action flick, worthy of the Woo-man himself.

xoxo~
gaz
enjoys mindless fluff now and again.<BR>

Gracie Dean
12-15-2000, 09:52 AM
Gaz,

I've been meaning to tell you about a chick-flick-esque movie (for Mrs. Gaz' sake) that even a dude can bear to watch. It was not a major hit and I can't figure out why. Has a LOT of current stars that filmed it prior them being well known. Sandra Bullock, River Phoenix, Dermot Mulroney, and a couple more.

"The Thing Called Love" or "That Thing called Love"

It has a nashville flair (it's actually set there) but I actually adore that movie. I knew a dude that takes bubble baths and drinks tequilla rose would enjoy it. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

DoktorSmith
12-15-2000, 10:07 AM
Kphopia-

I remember when that movie was released, but I didn't see it [probably some mindless violence flick was playing]. I'll check it out.

On the subject of "chick flicks," there is a Costner movie [and I do not like Costner] called "For Love of the Game" that has enough emotional conflict for the ladies and enough baseball for the dudes. It is a relationship movie about baseball or a baseball movie about relationships, depending on that pesky Y chromosome.

Anyone looking for a "chick flick" that does not suck or drown you in estrogen should give it a look.

xoxo~
gaz
helping out the testosterone crowd.<BR>