PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Sharper

Prince22
03-27-2005, 09:07 AM
I was reading on Warpaint that the Texans are lookinf to trade th veteran LB for a fourth round pick. Have the Chiefs shown any interest or has this already been brought up. I'd love to have this guy.

jspchief
03-27-2005, 09:18 AM
He's an ILB in a 3-4. Would be a MLB in a 4-3. We already have a MLB with the Bell aquisition.

Chiefaholic
03-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Bell can play all three positions

jAZ
03-27-2005, 09:45 AM
We have been told repeatedly that Bell may not play ILB. With Sharper, we might now understand WHY we have been told this.

bricks
03-27-2005, 09:50 AM
He's an ILB in a 3-4. Would be a MLB in a 4-3. We already have a MLB with the Bell aquisition.

your right and your wrong. He played ILB in a 3-4 in Houston. MLB 4-3? that's where your wrong. Remember the Ravens? When they won the SB? Ray Lewis starting inside linebacker, Jamie Sharper starting weakside linebacker, Peter Boulware starting strongside linebacker.

jspchief
03-27-2005, 10:25 AM
Bell can play all three positions

No he can't. This has been a common misconception from Chiefs fans.

Bell has lined up both inside and outside in the 3-4, so he could be used in all three positions in certain scenarios. That doesn't mean he's capable of effectively lining up at the OLB on an every down basis (or near every down basis if you want to get technical about the requirements of a starting OLb in the 4-3). He's versatile to be used in a lot of different ways as the situation dictates, but if he were to line up as a traditional OLB, he'd get exposed.

There's a difference between "can play outside in certain situations" and "can play OLB".

TRR
03-27-2005, 11:39 AM

Bell has lined up both inside and outside in the 3-4, so he could be used in all three positions in certain scenarios. That doesn't mean he's capable of effectively lining up at the OLB on an every down basis (or near every down basis if you want to get technical about the requirements of a starting OLb in the 4-3). He's versatile to be used in a lot of different ways as the situation dictates, but if he were to line up as a traditional OLB, he'd get exposed.

There's a difference between "can play outside in certain situations" and "can play OLB".

Yes he can. He played all 3 positions in college, and has played all 4 LB positions in Pittsburgh. Bell even said himself that he can play any LB position in the 4-3.

Chiefaholic
03-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Dude, I don't know where you get your information. But, I've read opinions from actual NFL coaches that say he can.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Pretty small price to pay draft pick wise for a guy who has proven he's an impact player. Anyone know what his contract is? Years left? Salary? This is probably the hold up

Marco Polo
03-27-2005, 06:18 PM
He is 30 and has one-year left on his contract, so a contract extension would almost be required before any possible trade.

melbar
03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I think I read he's scheduled to make 6.5 million or somewhere on that neighborhood next year.

the Talking Can
03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Sharper would kick ass, but after we sign Surtain (and monkeys fly out of my ass) I doubt we'll have the cash he wants.

Bell
Surtain
Knight
Sharper

imagine..

milkman
03-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Sharper would kick ass, but after we sign Surtain (and monkeys fly out of my ass) I doubt we'll have the cash he wants.

Bell
Surtain
Knight
Sharper

imagine..

You may say I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us.

And the Chiefs will make a run!

andoman
03-27-2005, 08:33 PM

Bell
Surtain
Knight
Sharper

imagine..

Did that monkey just come out your crack?

the Talking Can
03-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Did that monkey just come out your crack?

he's waiting for CP to pay for a pro bowl CB....

CoMoChief
03-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Updating previous reports, Alex Marvez, of the Miami Sun-Sentinel, reports the Kansas City Chiefs reiterated their preference to add a veteran cornerback via free agency prior to next month's NFL draft. "We'd like to get a corner before we go into the draft," head coach Dick Vermeil said. "There's just a chance. "It would all have to fit." As reported, the Chiefs have expressed interest in free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots) and acquiring CB Patrick Surtain through a trade with the Miami Dolphins this year.

If you read the last two sentences, does this mean that we have a chance to get both Law and Surtain???

Nightfyre
03-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Updating previous reports, Alex Marvez, of the Miami Sun-Sentinel, reports the Kansas City Chiefs reiterated their preference to add a veteran cornerback via free agency prior to next month's NFL draft. "We'd like to get a corner before we go into the draft," head coach Dick Vermeil said. "There's just a chance. "It would all have to fit." As reported, the Chiefs have expressed interest in free agent CB Ty Law (Patriots) and acquiring CB Patrick Surtain through a trade with the Miami Dolphins this year.

If you read the last two sentences, does this mean that we have a chance to get both Law and Surtain???
yoou are thinking wishfully. I would hate to see this go down.

CoMoChief
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM

does this mean theres a chance to get both CBs?

CoMoChief
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
whoops didnt mean to repost, my bad