PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Johnson

bricks
03-27-2005, 11:22 AM
thoughts?

WebGem
03-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I voted for 2. Only because it's the truth.

Sure-Oz
03-27-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm sure we could trade up to get Johnson but i doubt it will happen if we get Surtain trading that #2 pick but damn itd be worth it to get surtain!

WebGem
03-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm sure we could trade up to get Johnson but i doubt it will happen if we get Surtain trading that #2 pick but damn itd be worth it to get surtain!
Yes, it would. It really would.

mississippichiefan
03-27-2005, 11:53 AM
I don't have the feeling for him that I did for Derrick Thomas since being an Alabama fan also ,I had followed during his time at Bama but I would love to have him more than any linebacker since Derrick . I think he is going to be a great NFL linebacker . He reminds me in some ways of Derrick . Having said this , I don't think there is anyway we will move up and get him , but wouldn't it be great if we did . Go Chiefs !!!!

Skip Towne
03-27-2005, 11:58 AM
I don't have the feeling for him that I did for Derrick Thomas since being an Alabama fan also ,I had followed during his time at Bama but I would love to have him more than any linebacker since Derrick . I think he is going to be a great NFL linebacker . He reminds me in some ways of Derrick . Having said this , I don't think there is anyway we will move up and get him , but wouldn't it be great if we did . Go Chiefs !!!!
Haha, you said Gochiefs.

Rausch
03-27-2005, 12:43 PM
It would be nice, but only if we land Surtain/Law first.

If Carl botches a deal with both of them a 1st round CB is a must...

Count Zarth
03-27-2005, 12:44 PM
Haha, you said Gochiefs.

No he didn't. He said Go Chiefs. There is a difference.

I voted no. I'm in the Shawn Merriman camp, now.

Skip Towne
03-27-2005, 12:47 PM
No he didn't. He said Go Chiefs. There is a difference.

I voted no. I'm in the Shawn Merriman camp, now.
He should have just said shithead and covered both of them.

Count Zarth
03-27-2005, 12:48 PM
He should have just said shithead and covered both of them.

What? Make some sense.

PastorMikH
03-27-2005, 12:56 PM
From what I've seen of DJ, he's a good LB, but I'm not sure if he's going to be as great as what everyone is speculating. If he's still on the board when we pick or even if we swapped our first and a second day pick or two to move up to get him I'd be OK with it. I wouldn't be for trading all of our first day picks to move up for him though.

Skip Towne
03-27-2005, 01:04 PM
When DV first got here he pointed out that some teams were paying one LB more than all three of the Patriots LBs make. I don't look for him to sign any high dollar LBs.

jAZ
03-27-2005, 01:15 PM
A better poll would be:

Surtain and a 1st round pick at #15

vs.

Law and Derrick Johnson & no 2nd round pick

vs

Some other FA's and our current #1 & #2 picks.

melbar
03-27-2005, 01:15 PM
This guy is being compared to Ray Lewis and Lavar Arrington...He's gonna be GOOD. If he gets past #5 we have a shot. I know its a long shot for TN , but they cant afford to pay the signing bonus at #6 so they will look to trade down . We're a little far even with our plethera of 2nd day picks but #9 Washington only has 5 picks in the draft total and they can fill their needs at 16 and would be happy to pick up a pick or two.Maybe they would even take a 3 second day picks? either way if he slips past TN at 6 nobody else really needs him till 10 , and Merriman fits their needs better.

jAZ
03-27-2005, 01:16 PM
When DV first got here he pointed out that some teams were paying one LB more than all three of the Patriots LBs make. I don't look for him to sign any high dollar LBs.
You may be right, but I think DV has learned since that his thinking at the time was flawed.

melbar
03-27-2005, 01:17 PM
A better poll would be:

Surtain and a 1st round pick at #15

vs.

Law and Derrick Johnson

vs

Some other FA's and our current #1 & #2 picks.

Well how bout it?

nascher
03-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Merriman has some ties "to" LaVar

jAZ
03-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Well how bout it?
Ok, but I'm directing any of the "do we need another DJ poll" your way...

:p

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2367479&goto=postid