PDA

View Full Version : Carnivale finale

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 05:21 AM
Anybody watch?

Started a little slow, but I gotta say, the end was fraught with 'oh damn' moments for me. Good TV.

|Zach|
03-28-2005, 06:02 AM
They had a lot of loose ends to tie up. I dug the finale...

I really like that show alot.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 06:16 AM
I had some trouble getting into this season, but I think it might have more to do with some outside distractions rather than the show itself. I'm going to try to catch them all again in sequence on HBO on demand. I absolutely loved the first season. And the finale last night was just terrific, the way they wrapped up (yeah, right...) all the threads. I hope it's renewed, because that'd be one hell of a cliffhanger to end a series with, all that stuff with Sophie (which I saw coming last week, should've caught on sooner) and the corn dying as she did the healing thing. Alas poor Jonesy and Norman.

OmahaChief
03-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Great show and great finale. I doubt they will not renew the show. With the Sopranos bowing out this year they need this series.

When they showed Appolonia getting raped by Justin a few episodes back I knew that Sophie was no good and she finally showed it last night. Was a sweet move to make her a Child of Darkness.

Wouldn't it be a trip if she is preg with Ben's child. They knocked it out once. The child would then be conceived of one person each that is a Child of Light and Dark thus being truely the Omega. And maybe that is why Sophie say the word Omega on the mirror as she is carrying the Omega. Or maybe Appolinia was a CoL and since Justin raped her -- Sophie is the true Omega.

Heavy mind wracking shit in that show.

tomahawk kid
03-28-2005, 07:46 AM
I absolutely love this show and the finale last night was perfect.

I saw the thing with Sofie coming for the last couple of weeks, but didn't want to believe it. I wouldn't have thought that she was a "healer" but the last shot seems to confirm that.

A few other (random) thoughts from last night:

I think Ben and the others will happen upon Jonesy and Ben will bring him back by taking Stroud's life. He's to strong of a character to get rid of.

I think Norman's gone, which is a shame.

Still haven't figured out Iris yet.

Does anyone else think that Justin's "flock" will abandon him since they saw him kill all those people (including Norman), or will his following become larger since he's going to "rise from the dead" via Sofie?

Given that Appolonia was laughing when Sofie was thrown in the shed etc. last night, what do you suppose it means that she (Appolonia) screamed when Ben and Sofie were knockin' boots? And what about the rain after they were done?

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 07:54 AM
I saw the thing with Sofie coming for the last couple of weeks, but didn't want to believe it. I wouldn't have thought that she was a "healer" but the last shot seems to confirm that.One theory I've seen online is that it wasn't her doing the healing, but the critter growing inside of her. That seems like a reach for me.

Either way, that shot of the corn dying as the carnies pulled away was awesome. Although you think they'd notice it...

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 07:57 AM
So, the super blade breaks unless you wield it just right, but a run of the mill straight razor gashes BJ's cheek wide open?

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 07:59 AM
I wondered about the blade, too. I'm sure it was just a dramatic decision by the writer, but it didn't make a lot of sense at the time.

Fat Elvis
03-28-2005, 08:00 AM
So, the super blade breaks unless you wield it just right, but a run of the mill straight razor gashes BJ's cheek wide open?

Yep. I thought the season finale was pretty disappointing.

Pants
03-28-2005, 08:00 AM
I didn't realize the series were "science fiction/fantasy." Hmm.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 08:07 AM
Yep. I thought the season finale was pretty disappointing.
And I love the cornfield of amnesia. Two dudes, one healing right and left, the other killing right and left, wander ten feet into a cornfield, and the whole carnivale and the whole tent city goes "Hmmm, maybe I'll go get a good night's sleep and check it out in the morning."

tomahawk kid
03-28-2005, 08:15 AM
One theory I've seen online is that it wasn't her doing the healing, but the critter growing inside of her. That seems like a reach for me.

Either way, that shot of the corn dying as the carnies pulled away was awesome. Although you think they'd notice it...

Interesting...... :hmmm:

Fat Elvis
03-28-2005, 08:35 AM
And I love the cornfield of amnesia. Two dudes, one healing right and left, the other killing right and left, wander ten feet into a cornfield, and the whole carnivale and the whole tent city goes "Hmmm, maybe I'll go get a good night's sleep and check it out in the morning."

How about two episodes earlier when Ben tells Libby to get out of the valley because he's going to heal Jonesy and he didn't want her to get hurt, yet in New Canaan he can heal the masses from Brother J's life force while he is spinning on the ferris wheel out of his line of sight without affecting anyone else.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
How about two episodes earlier when Ben tells Libby to get out of the valley because he's going to heal Jonesy and he didn't want her to get hurt, yet in New Canaan he can heal the masses from Brother J's life force while he is spinning on the ferris wheel out of his line of sight without affecting anyone else.A little queer that was. Also was a little odd that Justin is getting his life sucked out and can barely move, yet he draws enough power to stop the ferris wheel. Which was conveniently at the bottom. And why is Justin so much more poweful, to the degree that Ben just ran?

Fat Elvis
03-28-2005, 08:41 AM

Brother J's half acre of corn. You can tell this show was written by dopes who've never seen a farm in their life.

Fat Elvis
03-28-2005, 08:42 AM
I've watched every episode of this show, and last night was far and away the most disappointing episode I've seen.

The new series, Rome should be interesting.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:51 AM
The new series, Rome should be interesting.It looks interesting. I had a new thought last night, however. HBO has never been shy as far as sex is concerned. I don't have a problem with people choosing any lifestyle they want, but homosexual acts of the male on male variety tend to make me cringe and turn the channel for a bit. I had that problem with both Oz and Six Feet Under. You'd think a portrayal of ancient Rome that was in any way realistic would be chock full of that sort of thing. I'm assuming HBO won't romanticize it away...

Odd thing to worry about, I know. And like I said, I don't have a problem with the lifestyle, I've just never been particularly interested in watching it.

I also have a similar problem with seeing limbs hacked off and lots of blood. Something tells me there'll be plenty of that as well. ROFL