PDA

View Full Version : Gretz's latest mailbag - 3/28/05

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 05:56 AM
GRETZ: Running, Lifting With the Mailbag (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2005/03/28/gretz_running_lifting_with_the_mailbag)

Mar 28, 2005, 6:00:06 AM by Bob Gretz

This morning at Arrowhead Stadium, the 2005 season really begins. The team’s off-season program begins and will run through the middle of June. Right now, the work will be done primarily in the classroom and weight room. Later, on field practice sessions will be added.

Over the years since the off-season programs have become common place around the NFL, the Chiefs have always had very good attendance from their players. It’s the one thing that cannot be questioned about the players on this team, whether the head coach was Marty Schottenheimer, Gunther Cunningham or Dick Vermeil. The work ethic is there. Without it, there’s no chance.

While the boys start throwing around the weights, it’s time for us to throw around a very heavy mailbag.

From Joe Klein: “It’s happened again, we blow the chance to sign a great player like Ed Hartwell. Carl Peterson’s off in Hawaii doing who knows what and we get beaten out of a player by the Falcons who were more aggressive. I’m just sick of this stuff.”

Dear Joe: I can help with your sickness … get over it. There’s practically nothing in your e-mail that’s true. In fact, you are so wrong it’s hard to know where to start. Listen, the Chiefs were in the Hartwell derby right down to the last day. He signed with Atlanta because they offered the most money.

Let’s go back to the start of free agency, when Hartwell visited the Chiefs. When he left, everyone moaned that the team had blown an opportunity to sign an up-and-coming linebacker. But you’ll notice he didn’t sign with anybody else immediately either. The reason? He and his agent seriously overestimated the market for his services, asking for a signing bonus north of $10 million. Nobody, including the Chiefs offered anything close to that.

So three weeks later, there was Hartwell still unsigned. With egg on his face, his agent came back with more reasonable demands and the Chiefs got into the bidding. Of course, they had already signed Kendrell Bell and Sammy Knight, and they have money left for one more free agent, with a desire to get a cornerback. That didn’t stop them from working with Hartwell and his agent, but when the Falcons pushed the number higher and higher, the Chiefs had to make a decision: sign Hartwell and go with what they have or a rookie at the cornerback, or pass on the LB and still have money to make a deal with a healthy Ty Law or a trade a new contract with Patrick Surtain.

Ultimately, Hartwell did what all free agents do: he took the most money. As far as Carl Peterson being off in Hawaii, you do know he was there with the rest of the NFL don’t you? Also in Maui last week were the GM and head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. And since when does Peterson have to be in Kansas City to sign a player. Joe, in your little world, have you heard of fax machines? Obviously you know about computers.

Joe, it’s time to pull your head out of your radio and think for yourself.

From Doug Heberer: “I just looked over the article ‘Just another challenge for Lamar’ by Bob Gretz and read something that was very disturbing to me. Is it really true that the Hunt family would possibly consider putting a roof on Arrowhead? Please say this isn’t true. Football is meant to be played outdoors and a roof would just take away from the Arrowhead experience. The day the Chiefs move into a dome or have a roof put on their stadium is the day I find a new team to root for.”

Dear Doug: Relax, you don’t have to get rid of your red and gold underwear. You may or may not know that part of the original design for the Truman Sports Complex was a rolling roof that could move from one stadium to another. It was eventually dropped when the Complex neared completion in 1972-73 because of cost over-runs.

In recent discussions about the renovation of the complex, the idea of the roof has been re-born and is under some discussion. Whether it moves beyond that stage, remains anybody’s guess right now.

Even if it does, the rolling roof would not create a weather tight dome. Instead, it would simply cover the stadium (playing field and stands) in the case of rain or snow. The game would still be played on real grass, it would still be warm or cold and as far as the “Arrowhead Experience” can you imagine how loud it would be if all that noise went up and then bounced back down?

From Gary Crowe: “I just wanted to respond to Bob Gretz’ column about ‘The Forgotten.’ I have never responded to any column anyone has ever written before, but I just wanted to tell Mr. Gretz that I COMPLETELY agree with his assessment of talent we already have. While everyone else is yelling for free agents I have always thought that we need to get the use out of the people we already have. I could not agree more that Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii and others that much was expected of and pay was given to, needs to STEP UP and play like they are being paid to play, and expected to play. They were supposed to be difference makers, not just warm bodies to plug a hole. It’s time we started getting production from these guys, they have been there long enough now and frankly my patience is running short with them. Thanks for a good column Mr. Gretz!”

Dear Gary: I’m not used to anyone agreeing with me about anything, so it’s a pleasure to receive your e-mail. For those who may have missed the column, my point was that if the Chiefs defense is going to make big improvement in 2005, the impetus behind that growth will come from players who are already on the roster. Some free agents and draft choices are needed, but there are too many spots to fill. And naturally, the spotlight is going to fall on the higher drafted players, because as you so correctly say, they were drafted to be difference makers, not just warm bodies.

Some of those guys, who hopefully today are pumping iron and working skull sessions with their coaches in the first day of the off-season program, must stand up, step out and make a difference.

The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Bootlegged
03-28-2005, 06:20 AM
Once again, Blob insinuates the fan base are idiots. Way to go Blob! Keep insulting!

You fat lackey!

InChiefsHell
03-28-2005, 06:27 AM
I don't really get that out of him. I guess that's cuz I agree with him much of the time. I suppose if I didn't I'd feel the same as you.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 06:31 AM
“It’s happened again, we blow the chance to sign a great player like Ed Hartwell. Carl Peterson’s off in Hawaii doing who knows what and we get beaten out of a player by the Falcons who were more aggressive. I’m just sick of this stuff.”

I fully expect some Planet members to be outraged and insulted by Gretz’s response to this email.

It sounds exactly like what you read on this BB.

xoxo~
Gaz
Should pop some popcorn and enjoy the show.

nmt1
03-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Once again, Blob insinuates the fan base are idiots. Way to go Blob! Keep insulting!

You fat lackey!

It never ceases to amaze me how far out of their way some will go to be offended.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Gaz
Should pop some popcorn and enjoy the show.Little early for popcorn isn't it?

Speaking of popcorn, you seeing Sin City this weekend?

jspchief
03-28-2005, 06:45 AM
I have to think there are more intelligent e-mails to choose from than that first guy's. Why do they insist on acknowledging these dopes? If they lack the intelligence and credit that you claim they do, why are they deserving the bandwidth or ink?

Bootlegged
03-28-2005, 06:49 AM
I have to think there are more intelligent e-mails to choose from than that first guy's. Why do they insist on acknowledging these dopes? If they lack the intelligence and credit that you claim they do, why are they deserving the bandwidth or ink?

That was my point. Gretz has found a little game to play....pick out emails he can rip apart and tell the author what an idiot he/she is. He goes out of his way to publish this to get his company message across.

I'm waiting for his "Chiefs history of draft success" articles over the next month. Wonder why that hasn't been published.

Warrior5
03-28-2005, 06:50 AM
xoxo~
Gaz
Should pop some popcorn and enjoy the show.
[/size][/font]

You'd better think twice about that popcorn, Gaz. Rainman clearly articulated where popcorn came from...then again, you may be one of them.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 07:08 AM
...Speaking of popcorn, you seeing Sin City this weekend?

I do not know about this weekend. I have become such a curmudgeon that I tend to avoid opening weekend. There are always ‘holes who talk, answer cell phones or bring babies. More likely is a matinee early next week. But it is definitely the next theater movie I will see.

xoxo~
Gaz
Grumpy old man.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 07:14 AM
I need someone who is actually in the KC area and hears talk radio to give us a report, please. Is the first email a gross exaggeration of the tone of talk radio?

As far as the Planet is concerned, it is dead on. I have read that email countless times right here on this BB. The same tone, the same complaints, the same accusations. Gretz supplied the facts about the situation, which is something we outsiders did not have before. That is good information.

As far as the tone is concerned, Gretz responded in the same tone as the email. If you want a civilized response from someone, maybe you should try being civilized to that person. A suggestion that would go a long way to making talk radio and bulletin boards a lot less antagonistic.

xoxo~
Gaz
Suspects that “Joe Klein” is a fake name for a Planeteer.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 07:20 AM
[font=Garamond][size=4]
I do not know about this weekend. I have become such a curmudgeon that I tend to avoid opening weekend. There are always ‘holes who talk, answer cell phones or bring babies. More likely is a matinee early next week. But it is definitely the next theater movie I will see.I'll see a matinee friday, the earlier the better. I try to avoid nights and weekends for the exact reasons you outlined.

Now if I could just get them to build a private theater for me. Christ knows there's enough around here (30, 24 and 20 plexes within a couple of miles...), why not one more.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 07:26 AM
I need someone who is actually in the KC area and hears talk radio to give us a report, please. Is the first email a gross exaggeration of the tone of talk radio?

As far as the Planet is concerned, it is dead on. I have read that email countless times right here on this BB. The same tone, the same complaints, the same accusations. Gretz supplied the facts about the situation, which is something we outsiders did not have before. That is good information.

As far as the tone is concerned, Gretz responded in the same tone as the email. If you want a civilized response from someone, maybe you should try being civilized to that person. A suggestion that would go a long way to making talk radio and bulletin boards a lot less antagonistic.

xoxo~
Gaz
Suspects that “Joe Klein” is a fake name for a Planeteer.

The first email sounds just like KC radio.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 07:33 AM
Mrs. Gaz has been incredibly sweet about building a private theater at Rancho Gaz. All things considered, I would rather watch a DVD at home than a film at the theater. People are just so stinkin’ rude.

There are some films that demand the BIG SCREEN. “Sin City” is one of them. So, I will gird my loins and hit the theater some afternoon when the ‘holes are elsewhere.

xoxo~
Gaz
Spoiled rotten [and blames Mrs. Gaz]

AirForceChief
03-28-2005, 07:35 AM
This is one of the better mail bag columns. I don't think he's slamming fans in general. His response is well resoned and seemingly informed. But I'll admit, I like his columns most of the time anyway...

Posters and callers like Klein are great for "entertainment purposes only." Hey, wait, my current boss is a Col Klein...hmmmmm.

jspchief
03-28-2005, 07:40 AM

My response would be "what difference does it make?"

You admitted yourself that you don't hear the radio side of the debate. Neither do a lot of other Chiefs fans that constantly subjected to these responses on the world-wide website. If Gretz wants to fight local battles, he should use a local medium to do it with. Why expose all of us "non-KC resident" Chiefs fans to this petty local crap?

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 07:42 AM
If Gretz wants to fight local battles, he should use a local medium to do it with.Why, he does! He's on a couple shows a week during football season and periodically during the offseason. And he's not at all shy about taking phonecalls!

(after the callers have been screened, of course....)

Gaz
03-28-2005, 07:53 AM
My response would be "what difference does it make?"...

I am trying to find out how widespread the attitude expressed in the email actually is. Some folks have opined that Gretz cherry-picks emails and that they do not represent a large segment of the Red & Gold faithful. We know that this attitude is rampant on ChiefsPlanet. According to rufasmaqe, it is also rampant on local talk radio. It is clearly not an isolated phenomenon, despite the claims of some folks on the BB. As such, it should be answered.

I find it quite proper to answer on the Chiefs website. While you view it as an inappropriate response, I see it as a refutation of a mistaken position that a lot of ChiefsPlanet members have taken. Gretz pointed out the inaccuracies in the email, giving us the Chiefs perspective of what really happened with Hartwell. I find that information valuable and am glad he took the time to convey that information to me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still looking for the harm.

kc rush
03-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I am trying to find out how widespread the attitude expressed in the email actually is. Some folks have opined that Gretz cherry-picks emails and that they do not represent a large segment of the Red & Gold faithful. We know that this attitude is rampant on ChiefsPlanet. According to rufasmaqe, it is also rampant on local talk radio. It is clearly not an isolated phenomenon, despite the claims of some folks on the BB. As such, it should be answered.

I'd say that this was "cherry picked". It seemed like there were a few people who called in upset when Hartwell signed with the Falcons, but I think most people believed that he would never come here. By the time of the signing, more people seemed to be complaining about lack of activity regarding the CB position.

Gretz is right on about the attitude when Hartwell first left town though, the majority of Chiefs fans were vocally upset about that.

I think that this column would have been more effective if he didn't throw in that get your head out of the radio comment. The Chiefs just seem really defensive and petty when they make comments like that.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:04 AM
I think that this column would have been more effective if he didn't throw in that get your head out of the radio comment. I can help with your sickness … get over it..I thought to begin his reply with "I can help with your sickness … get over it." was a nice, classy touch, too.

shaneo69
03-28-2005, 08:07 AM

I find it quite proper to answer on the Chiefs website. While you view it as an inappropriate response, I see it as a refutation of a mistaken position that a lot of ChiefsPlanet members have taken. Gretz pointed out the inaccuracies in the email, giving us the Chiefs perspective of what really happened with Hartwell. I find that information valuable and am glad he took the time to convey that information to me.

xoxo~
Gaz
Still looking for the harm.

I think everybody here knew the Falcons offered more money. "Joe Klein" was basically asking why Carl let the Falcons outbid us. Gretz' answer is that we didn't have enough money for Hartwell and a CB. Once again, the "not enough money" excuse.

This goes back to the "going all out for a Super Bowl this year" vs "not wanting to go into cap hell" argument again. CP obviously wants to be cautious now that he has his four year extension, and god forbid we don't win a Super Bowl in '05 and then have to suffer through one rebuilding year in '06.

shaneo69
03-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Quote by Gretz: "Ultimately, Hartwell did what all free agents do: he took the most money."

Unless, of course, the Chiefs are the ones who offer the most money, in which case the free agent then decides that he doesn't want to play in KC, i.e. Trotter, Rolle.

We've got all your free agency excuses covered right here, folks.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:15 AM
This is just my opinion, but I don't think the Hartwell deal was a "cash" problem but a "cap" problem. i.e. instead of Lamar not wanting to pay out another huge bonus (the usual excuse we hear, that's the "money" bit), I think the problem was/is that we just couldn't fit two more major contracts under this year's cap. I don't think we have a huge amount of space available, and we're going to have to be pretty creative just to get a corner in, especially knowing what a corner is going to cost. And I think we've probably already trashed the cap 2 or 3 years down the road.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 08:17 AM
I think you are oversimplifying Gretz’s response as to why did not have enough money for Hartwell and a CB. There are two major factors:

1. We already signed Bell, which made Hartwell less critical. Still, the Chiefs left their offer on the table. They continued to negotiate.

2. Our FA CB is going to cost a ton of money. A lot of people want Surtain. You are not going to get him without beaucoup bucks. Spend that money matching Atlanta’s bid for Hartwell and you impair your ability to net Surtain. Guns and butter, guys. Basic economics.

Trotter did not want to play in KC. He wanted to play in Philadelphia. Vermeil saw that and counselled the young man accordingly [and was belittled on the BB for it]. The Chiefs did the right thing.

Rolle bolted for Baltimore when his genetic problem was publicized. Once again, the Chiefs did the right thing. They saw a problem and raised it. Rolle made his choice to flee.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would rather have Simmons and Dyson/Hill/Edwards, but ain’t gonna get it.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 08:20 AM
...And I think we've probably already trashed the cap 2 or 3 years down the road.

Well, the good news is that we will be rebuilding anyway.

xoxo~
Gaz
Bracing himself for some REALLY lean years.

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Rolle bolted for Baltimore when his genetic problem was publicized. Once again, the Chiefs did the right thing. They saw a problem and raised it. Rolle made his choice to flee.I still think the only reason that story was released is because someone on the Chiefs knew he was going to sign in Baltimore and they wanted to cover their ass publicly. And it bit them in the ass, because of the timing.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 08:22 AM
It is certainly possible that the leak was a deliberate act by the Chiefs organization. Or, it could have been a genuine leak.

We will never know.

xoxo~
Gaz
Suspects the Mafia & CIA had something to do with it.

Phobia
03-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Sometimes I feel personally insulted by Gretz's responses. I consider myself to be a fairly balanced fan - my homer is in check and the other side is usually under control. With this mailbag, the Joe guy was so vastly mistaken it was unreasonable. Yes, Carl was in Hawaii - but it was for league meetings. Everybody knew that except for Joe, apparently. If Joe had posted that on ChiefsPlanet, he would have taken a beating - even from people like Laz.

shaneo69
03-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Question from "Gary Crowe": “I just wanted to respond to Bob Gretz’ column about ‘The Forgotten.’ I have never responded to any column anyone has ever written before, but I just wanted to tell Mr. Gretz that I COMPLETELY agree with his assessment of talent we already have. While everyone else is yelling for free agents I have always thought that we need to get the use out of the people we already have. I could not agree more that Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii and others that much was expected of and pay was given to, needs to STEP UP and play like they are being paid to play, and expected to play. They were supposed to be difference makers, not just warm bodies to plug a hole. It’s time we started getting production from these guys, they have been there long enough now and frankly my patience is running short with them. Thanks for a good column Mr. Gretz!”

Frankly Gary, my patience is running short with the guy who has the final say in drafting these underachieving turds who needed to step up last year.

But hey, whenever we can use the official website to shift the blame from drafter to draftee, we need to take advantage of the opportunity.

And Gretz, the next time you make up a question, try to remember that Marty and Carl are the only people who use the word "frankly."

Phobia
03-28-2005, 08:26 AM
And Gretz, the next time you make up a question, try to remember that Marty and Carl are the only people who use the word "frankly."

That's pretty ignorant.

HC_Chief
03-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Bracing himself for some REALLY lean years.

What, no playoff victories in over a decade != really lean years? :hmmm:

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Sometimes I feel personally insulted by Gretz's responses.I do, too, and I did today, even if the guy's question was idiotic. I thought the response itself, the information in the middle, was fine; it was the fact that he bookended it with I can help with your sickness … get over it and it's time to pull your head out of your radio and think for yourself that sets me off.

I guess it's just that I expect some kind of...I don't know, professionalism, maybe? Tossing out insults anonymously on a bulletin board is one thing, but he's a paid representative of the Chiefs, for crissakes. I thought it was really bush league. He's being just like the people he's trying to mock.

nmt1
03-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Question from "Gary Crowe": “I just wanted to respond to Bob Gretz’ column about ‘The Forgotten.’ I have never responded to any column anyone has ever written before, but I just wanted to tell Mr. Gretz that I COMPLETELY agree with his assessment of talent we already have. While everyone else is yelling for free agents I have always thought that we need to get the use out of the people we already have. I could not agree more that Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii and others that much was expected of and pay was given to, needs to STEP UP and play like they are being paid to play, and expected to play. They were supposed to be difference makers, not just warm bodies to plug a hole. It’s time we started getting production from these guys, they have been there long enough now and frankly my patience is running short with them. Thanks for a good column Mr. Gretz!”

Frankly Gary, my patience is running short with the guy who has the final say in drafting these underachieving turds who needed to step up last year.

But hey, whenever we can use the official website to shift the blame from drafter to draftee, we need to take advantage of the opportunity.

It really burns you that there are people out there that don't buy into the KC sports talk radio BS, doesn't it?

HC_Chief
03-28-2005, 08:28 AM
Tossing out insults anonymously on a bulletin board, but he's a paid representative of the Chiefs, for crissakes. I thought it was really bush league.

The Chiefs are really bush league.

Bootlegged
03-28-2005, 08:31 AM
I do, too, and I did today, even if the guy's question was idiotic. I thought the response itself, the information in the middle, was fine; it was the fact that he bookended it with I can help with your sickness … get over it and it's time to pull your head out of your radio and think for yourself that sets me off.

I guess it's just that I expect some kind of...I don't know, professionalism, maybe? Tossing out insults anonymously on a bulletin board is one thing, but he's a paid representative of the Chiefs, for crissakes. I thought it was really bush league. He's being just like the people he's trying to mock.

exactly. It's a pattern of his.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-28-2005, 08:32 AM
reflects the KC sports radio I hear. Mr. Radio Talk Show Host, this is the first time I have called your show...I agree with you 100%..I can't get enough of your poo on my lips...Carl Peterson is retarded, Lamar Hunt is all about the buck, he doesn't want to win...rinse repeat

Gaz
03-28-2005, 08:33 AM
What, no playoff victories in over a decade != really lean years?...

Dude, you have not SEEN lean yet.

Wait until we have to dump bodies left and right to get under the cap. The contracts we have been signing during our “window” have to come home to roost.

xoxo~
Gaz
Realizes that Cap Hell is real and looming.

HC_Chief
03-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Whoa... cap hell might mean we don't win any playoff games?! *gasp*

:p

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 08:35 AM
[font=Garamond][size=4]

Wait until we have to dump bodies left and right to get under the cap. The contracts we have been signing during our “window” have to come home to roost.

xoxo~
Gaz
Realizes that Cap Hell is real and looming.Someone's apparently slept a lot since 2001.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:01 AM
reflects the KC sports radio I hear. Mr. Radio Talk Show Host, this is the first time I have called your show...I agree with you 100%..I can't get enough of your poo on my lips...Carl Peterson is retarded, Lamar Hunt is all about the buck, he doesn't want to win...rinse repeat

It's primarily the same attitude dispalyed by the Chiefs and what Phobia and Keg were alluding to.

The KC Media and the Chiefs DESERVE each other. Neither could really give a shit about what we think...

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
There are some films that demand the BIG SCREEN. “Sin City” is one of them. [b]So, I will gird my loins]/b] and hit the theater some afternoon when the ‘holes are elsewhere.

Tee-tee-tah-deet-deet-dee.
This just in over the wire. . . . Gaz to don PANTS!!! More at 11.

Gaz
03-28-2005, 09:09 AM
This just in over the wire. . . . Gaz to don PANTS!!! More at 11.

I have to admit that me wearing pants would be new…

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoys the breeze.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 09:11 AM
I have to admit that me wearing pants would be new…

xoxo~
Gaz
Enjoys the breeze.

EEEEEWWWWWWWWW...

Too much information...

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 09:13 AM
This just in over the wire. . . . Gaz to don PANTS!!! More at 11.Who said anything about pants? He said he was going to "gird his loins".

With our luck, he's probably got a pair of assless chaps inspired by Jessica Alba's character.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Who said anything about pants? He said he was going to "gird his loins".

With our luck, he's probably got a pair of assless chaps inspired by Jessica Alba's character.
Why do I get the sinking feeling that the assless chaps Alba wears would play out more like a pair of thigh pads on Gaz's frame?

Iowanian
03-28-2005, 09:19 AM
Even when he's somewhat Correct.........Gretz is a Fat,condescending, Butt Trencher.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-28-2005, 09:20 AM
a fine example of KC sports radio. 810-there will be "breaking" Chiefs news at the top of the hour. This is the "breaking" Chiefs news:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=113033

they had the author on & now Franz(sp?) is trying to work up his listeners into a KK like frenzy...I had to shut it off

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Why do I get the sinking feeling that the assless chaps Alba wears would play out more like a pair of thigh pads on Gaz's frame?Have you seen American Wedding? I wonder if Gaz is our Bear?

Coogs
03-28-2005, 09:47 AM

xoxo~
Gaz
Realizes that Cap Hell is real and looming.

Which would support a case for trading down for more draft picks. Clean out all the backups who have provided nothing more than ST's help in their 4-6 years here. Draft wisely with the future in mind.

AirForceChief
03-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Draft wisely with the future in mind.

Yeah, that's the ticket!! Where is the Draft Wisely switch!?!? Quick, throw the friggin' switch, already... :)

Phobia
03-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Yeah, that's the ticket!! Where is the Draft Wisely switch!?!?

Carl got sent out to the timber to cut his own and hasn't returned yet.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Carl got sent out to the timber to cut his own and hasn't returned yet.
Think 'turn a light on,' not 'small thin tree branch.'

whoman69
03-28-2005, 10:15 AM
There is an obvious bit of misinformation that Gretz put forth as well. The rolling roof idea is dead. We would have a retractable roof. The entire idea for the roof was to attract the SB, which would be worthy to get the stadium issue passed with the voters. The NFL is not going to put the SB in KC when it could be 15 degrees outside must because it won't snow on the field. SB patrons do not sit in the cold.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 10:40 AM

ROFL

Frankie
03-28-2005, 11:22 AM

You fat lackey!

With no insult to any particular planeteer, some fans ARE idiots. To presume that we could do it better than CP (I'm not a great CP fan, mind you) when we never really know ALL the factors involved is pretty idiotic. Wouldn't you say? Except for the Dan Williams disaster, I cannot mercilessly condemn Peterson for any other move without at least feeling some naivete. The NFL draft is a crapshoot anyway. Some FAs pan out and some don't. Dan Williams was a terrible Peterson signing and Dan Saleamua was a freaking genius one.

htismaqe
03-28-2005, 11:30 AM
With no insult to any particular planeteer, some fans ARE idiots.

Just stop right there. Never has a truer statement been posted.

Frankie
03-28-2005, 11:32 AM
That was my point. Gretz has found a little game to play....pick out emails he can rip apart and tell the author what an idiot he/she is. He goes out of his way to publish this to get his company message across.
I agree with that POV too. And no it's not a reversal of my previous post.

Frankie
03-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Just stop right there. Never has a truer statement been posted.
So where's my rep? :p

go bowe
03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
Who said anything about pants? He said he was going to "gird his loins".

With our luck, he's probably got a pair of assless chaps inspired by Jessica Alba's character.link? :p :p :p

keg in kc
03-28-2005, 12:02 PM
link?Sharing is one of those life lessons that I've never learned.

go bowe
03-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Sharing is one of those life lessons that I've never learned.ROFL ROFL ROFL

Spicy McHaggis
03-28-2005, 12:30 PM
As an undergrad interested in journalism reading this gives me hope. If a total douchebag, yes-man like Gretz can pass himself of as a professional, then I can land a job even if I throw feces at co-workers. Thanks Gretz, for making this young man's day.

Phobia
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I got that part. I had to share my own lame response.