PDA

View Full Version : Heat

Claynus
03-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Awesome, awesome movie. The bank robbery scene with bullets flying across the street was simply awesome. DeNiro and Pacino just chew the scenery wonderfully.

I can't believe I had never seen this before last night...

siberian khatru
03-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I ran across it a few years ago late one night on HBO and started watching it. I liked it a lot until the bank robbery scene -- and then was absolutely ****ing riveted. I can watch that scene over and over again and never get tired of it. Bravura filmmaking. One of the greatest action sequences I've ever seen.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Awesome, awesome movie. The bank robbery scene with bullets flying across the street was simply awesome. DeNiro and Pacino just chew the scenery wonderfully.

I can't decide whether to neg rep you for never having seen it or pos rep you for finally getting to it and liking it!

So I won't do either... instead I'll let the smilies do the talking!

:banghead: :banghead:

:clap: :thumb:

Woodrow Call
03-28-2005, 12:25 PM
One of my all time favorites. Great cast and great action.

I give it :thumb: :thumb:

Claynus
03-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I haven't seen alot of good R-rated movies. My parents were strict.

It's definitely in my top ten.

Baby Lee
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
The robbery in Heat and the car chase in Ronin. Who'd figure De Niro to be in two of the greatests action sequences ever on film?

Deberg_1990
03-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Never seen it before last night!!! Man GoChiefs, I thought you were better than that??? Thats one of my all time favorite films. Michael Mann is a genious...

Claynus
03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Never seen it before last night!!! Man GoChiefs, I thought you were better than that??? Thats one of my all time favorite films. Michael Mann is a genious...

I already said, I haven't seen a lot of good movies. I never went to a theater in scotland, ever.

Demonpenz
03-28-2005, 05:19 PM
heat was alright. I like raw deal better

Cochise
03-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I just saw that not too long ago as well and liked it quite a bit.

Bank robbery seems to be a good subject for a movie. Heat, Dog Day Afternoon, Reservoir Dogs come to mind.

Nzoner
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Michael Mann is a genious...

Personally my favorite director,Manhunter,Thief and Last of The Mohicans are 3 of my favorite films by him.

Nzoner
03-28-2005, 07:28 PM

Damn man,Heart and now Heat,you're on a roll.

Deberg_1990
03-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Personally my favorite director,Manhunter,Thief and Last of The Mohicans are 3 of my favorite films by him.

Wheres the love for Collateral, Ali and The Insider?? All great films. I agree, Mann is a talent and often overlooked. Dont forget creator of Miami Vice as well.

Morty80
03-28-2005, 08:34 PM
I think Heat is based on a true story as well.