PDA

View Full Version : Can't trade our 3rd?

ChiefGator
03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
What's this I hear about not being able to trade our 3rd?

Why can't we negotiate with Miami right before the draft.... call them when we are on the clock late in the third.. draft who they want, and then package that as part of a trade for Surtain? Why not?

Do we have to sign our compensatory pick, and keep him on our roster for 5 years or something?

Creativity is an art, after all...

Mark

beavis
03-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Why can't we negotiate with Miami right before the draft.... call them when we are on the clock late in the third.. draft who they want, and then package that as part of a trade for Surtain? Why not?
Our team doesn't reside in Denver.

FloridaChief
03-28-2005, 03:04 PM
What's this I hear about not being able to trade our 3rd?

Do we have to sign our compensatory pick, and keep him on our roster for 5 years or something?

Creativity is an art, after all...

Mark

Paul Tagliabue would just love for Carl to try this...

nascher
03-28-2005, 03:17 PM
What happened last Year ? ;) Rivers / Manning

It's possible

jcroft
03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
What happened last Year ? ;) Rivers / Manning

It's possible

That wasn't a compensatory, non-tradeable pick, though.

I don't know if this is legal or not, but it would certainly be seen as circumventing the non-tradable clause that is put on these picks.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
can we do that with all our picks, then back out

~Chiefs scouts can then go on vacation

jcroft
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
can we do that with all our picks, then back out

Good call. We should always pick a player that another team was going to pick, instead of us. That way, we never have to endure Carl's poor choices.

Skip Towne
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Good call. We should always pick a player that another team was going to pick, instead of us. That way, we never have to endure Carl's poor choices.
Uh......see the Sims pick.

melbar
03-28-2005, 06:54 PM
NFL Total access is reporting that the Chiefs CAN trade their newly acquired 3rd.

Ari Chi3fs
03-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Can we Trade the Dolphins our 3rd Round Pick, Taco John, and a poster to be named later?