PDA

View Full Version : Ken Harvey to Omaha?

tk13
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Over on the kcroyals.com board it is being widely reported that WHB 810's "sources" are saying that Baird and Pena are finalizing the roster, and they've decided to ship Harvey down to Omaha to start the season and keep Calvin Pickering. I guess they've also said Abraham Nunez isn't going to make the team, but I'm not sure if Guiel or Emil Brown is going to get the RF job in his place. Apparently Keitzman was pretty furious over the fact Harvey wasn't going to make the team. Anybody else hear this?

Mr. Laz
03-28-2005, 07:32 PM
harvey will be back up as soon as Sweeney gets hurt again

and he will... have you seen sweeney run the bases this year. He is so tense in his upper body that he's never gonna make it with his bad back.

beavis
03-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Apparently Keitzman was pretty furious over the fact Harvey wasn't going to make the team. Anybody else hear this?
I haven't heard anything about it, but Keitzman is freakin' idiot.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I haven't heard anything about it, but Keitzman is freakin' idiot.
thanks for the contribution :thumb:

note to self: never mention keitzman in any post because beavis will ignore the entire post just so he can comment on him.

tk13
03-28-2005, 07:43 PM

and he will... have you seen sweeney run the bases this year. He is so tense in his upper body that he's never gonna make it with his bad back.
It is probably more likely considering he'll have to play in the field a lot more if Harvey isn't around. Eli Marrero and Matt Stairs can also play a servicable first base as well....

beavis
03-28-2005, 07:46 PM
thanks for the contribution :thumb:

note to self: never mention keitzman in any post because beavis will ignore the entire post just so he can comment on him.
Well, apparently you need to read tk's starting post again, because my comment about Kietzman was a direct reference to his supposed rant about Harvey.

beavis
03-28-2005, 07:50 PM
It is probably more likely considering he'll have to play in the field a lot more if Harvey isn't around. Eli Marrero and Matt Stairs can also play a servicable first base as well....
Have you got any clue what the lineup is going to be like? This is what I got off the top of my head.

CF - DeJesus
SS - Berroa
1B - Sweeney
LF - Stairs
DH - Pickering
RF - Brown/Guiel
2B - Gotay
C - Buck
3B - Teahan

I peeked over at the Royals board, apparently the rotation is going to start off -

Lima
Hernandez
Greinke

with the last two spots TBD.

tk13
03-28-2005, 07:51 PM
I also noticed today that the Royals/Tigers opening day game next Monday is going to be on ESPN 2, noon eastern time.

Cochise
03-28-2005, 07:56 PM
The first sign that the Royals are getting better will be that there is no longer any room on the roster for Grimace.

CoMoChief
03-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Im a huge Royals fan and have been for a long time, but this is retardedm why is Harvey going to Omaha? He was for the majority of the season in the top 5 in batting avg. Sweeney is a piece of shit and I cant believe we gave him a shit ton of money for producing a 25 HR season. What the **** has he done since besides sit on the damn DL list and eat up money?

tk13
03-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Have you got any clue what the lineup is going to be like? This is what I got off the top of my head.

CF - DeJesus
SS - Berroa
1B - Sweeney
LF - Stairs
DH - Pickering
RF - Brown/Guiel
2B - Gotay
C - Buck
3B - Teahan

I peeked over at the Royals board, apparently the rotation is going to start off -

Lima
Hernandez
Greinke

with the last two spots TBD.
That's pretty close... my guess would be:

CF - DeJesus
2B - Gotay
1B - Sweeney
DH - Pickering
LF - Long/Marrero
RF - Stairs/Guiel/Brown
SS - Berroa
C - Buck
3B - Teahen

Something like that... you could probably flip the outfield spots around as well as Gotay/Berroa. It appears the LF job is just going to be Long/Marrero depending on who the opposing pitcher is. I read that same thing that says that Hernandez will be the #2 starter, but I'm not sure I believe it... whoever starts that game will start opening day at the K, and I think Greinke would do that, but maybe not. Runelvys did start opening day in 2003. I think the 4 and 5 spots are definitely Brian Anderson and Denny Bautista, Bautista had another strong outing today (5 IP, 1 run allowed, 3 K). I think he's clearly the frontrunner. I'm sure we're dangling Anderson as trade bait, and if he gets moved Gobble or Mike Wood will take his place.

beavis
03-28-2005, 07:59 PM
The first sign that the Royals are getting better will be that there is no longer any room on the roster for Grimace.
I think this is more a move of desperation considering our complete lack of any power threat in the lineup.

I for one won't miss Harvey's dribblers through the middle. Hopefully they trade his worthless ass now.

VonneMarie
03-28-2005, 07:59 PM
They don't want Harvey's glove? Last time I checked Sweeney nor Pickering had any. :banghead:

alnorth
03-28-2005, 08:03 PM
Halle-freaking-lujah

Ken Harvey is a good platoon player against LHP, but thats about it. He is incredibly overrated among Kansas-Citians and nowhere else. Every week Grimace spends on our roster is another week of setback for the future of our team.

beavis
03-28-2005, 08:05 PM
That's pretty close... my guess would be:

CF - DeJesus
2B - Gotay
1B - Sweeney
DH - Pickering
LF - Long/Marrero
RF - Stairs/Guiel/Brown
SS - Berroa
C - Buck
3B - Teahen

Something like that... you could probably flip the outfield spots around as well as Gotay/Berroa. It appears the LF job is just going to be Long/Marrero depending on who the opposing pitcher is. I read that same thing that says that Hernandez will be the #2 starter, but I'm not sure I believe it... whoever starts that game will start opening day at the K, and I think Greinke would do that, but maybe not. Runelvys did start opening day in 2003. I think the 4 and 5 spots are definitely Brian Anderson and Denny Bautista, Bautista had another strong outing today (5 IP, 1 run allowed, 3 K). I think he's clearly the frontrunner. I'm sure we're dangling Anderson as trade bait, and if he gets moved Gobble or Mike Wood will take his place.
I just figured Pena would have Berroa at the top of the lineup. Long completely slipped my mind.

I think the same thing about Greinke. I'd heard they weren't going to give him the opening day slot in Detroit, but make it to where he would pitch on opening day at the K. I had heard Anderson wasn't even going to be ready to start on opening day. I hope they do move him given the way Wood has pitched this spring. I think we may end up regretting signing Lima again. I have doubts he can reproduce his LA numbers here this year, and I'd hate to see him taking a job away from Gobble/Snyder.

beavis
03-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Im a huge Royals fan and have been for a long time, but this is retardedm why is Harvey going to Omaha? He was for the majority of the season in the top 5 in batting avg. Sweeney is a piece of shit and I cant believe we gave him a shit ton of money for producing a 25 HR season. What the **** has he done since besides sit on the damn DL list and eat up money?
He was in the top 5 until the All-Star break, then came back down to Earth. I think tk or someone else mentioned before, but Rob & Rany have it nailed on why Harvey will never be a productive Major League first baseman.

tk13
03-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Actually I'm not particularly confident in either Harvey or Pickering, but I think Pickering gets a lot of hype just because he hit a bunch of homers in Omaha. I think if we gave him 600 AB's as a starter he might challenge the MLB strikeout record. I think he'll probably put up Rob Deer type numbers (.200 avg, 20 HR, tons of K's) We'll see how he does I guess.

Boozer
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Ugh, it could be a long season, those projected lineups and the rotation look pretty awful.

Boozer
03-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Of course, I'll be in Phoenix this summer, so I'll get to enjoy this debacle:

2B- Craig Counsell
SS- Royce Clayton
LF- Luis Gonzalez
3B- Troy Glaus
RF- Shawn Green
CF- Jose Cruz Jr.
1B- Chad Tracy
C- Chris Snyder
P- The Amazing Whiplash Revue

beavis
03-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Actually I'm not particularly confident in either Harvey or Pickering, but I think Pickering gets a lot of hype just because he hit a bunch of homers in Omaha. I think if we gave him 600 AB's as a starter he might challenge the MLB strikeout record. I think he'll probably put up Rob Deer type numbers (.200 avg, 20 HR, tons of K's) We'll see how he does I guess.
Me too. Neither one of them is a long term solution. Maybe that Huber kid will be ready by next year.

Cochise
03-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I think this is more a move of desperation considering our complete lack of any power threat in the lineup.

I for one won't miss Harvey's dribblers through the middle. Hopefully they trade his worthless ass now.

For what? A pouch of big league chew?

beavis
03-28-2005, 08:25 PM
For what? A pouch of big league chew?
Sold.

Cochise
03-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Of course, I'll be in Phoenix this summer, so I'll get to enjoy this debacle:

2B- Craig Counsell
SS- Royce Clayton
LF- Luis Gonzalez
3B- Troy Glaus
RF- Shawn Green
CF- Jose Cruz Jr.
1B- Chad Tracy
C- Chris Snyder
P- The Amazing Whiplash Revue

Well, you at least have a stunning array of batting stances there.

Boozer
03-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, you at least have a stunning array of batting stances there.

It'll keep the pitchers guessing, I guess. That lineup will probably need to generate about eight or nine runs a game for the D'Backs to have a winning record.

Valiant
03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Over on the kcroyals.com board it is being widely reported that WHB 810's "sources" are saying that Baird and Pena are finalizing the roster, and they've decided to ship Harvey down to Omaha to start the season and keep Calvin Pickering. I guess they've also said Abraham Nunez isn't going to make the team, but I'm not sure if Guiel or Emil Brown is going to get the RF job in his place. Apparently Keitzman was pretty furious over the fact Harvey wasn't going to make the team. Anybody else hear this?

Harvey cannot draw walks, if his life depending on it... Until he gets more discipline at the plate he is AAA fodder...

Would rather go with Pickering, way more upside...

ENDelt260
03-28-2005, 10:32 PM
I also noticed today that the Royals/Tigers opening day game next Monday is going to be on ESPN 2, noon eastern time.
Wow. Was there no women's NCAA wrestling match to air?

Pitt Gorilla
03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
The first sign that the Royals are getting better will be that there is no longer any room on the roster for Grimace.Rob/Rany, is that you?

tk13
03-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Here you go... Bautista is going to be the 5th starter, and apparently Runelvys is going to start the 2nd game of the season and the home opener.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/baseball/mlb/kansas_city_royals/11253721.htm

Bautista makes five as Royals settle on rotation

By BOB DUTTON

The Kansas City Star

PEORIA, Ariz. — All evaluations of right-hander Denny Bautista remain centered far heavier on his potential than his proven performance.

But that potential, the Royals believe, is too good to ignore in forming their rotation for the coming season.

So Bautista, 24, is the club's choice as its fifth starter.

The Royals signaled those plans Monday through actions more than words after manager Tony Peña confirmed Jose Lima, Runelvys Hernandez and Zack Greinke will start in next week's season-opening series in Detroit.

“Those will be our first three,” Peña said. “Beyond that, I can't say, but I cannot ask anyone to pitch better than Bautista has pitched this spring.”

Bautista's selection should be confirmed today and means Mike Wood will serve as the bullpen's swingman while Jimmy Gobble is likely to be optioned to Class AAA Omaha.

Peña left little doubt regarding the club's intention by changing starters for Monday's game against the San Diego Padres.

The Royals had planned to start Hernandez but shifted to Bautista in midmorning before making the 9-mile trip to the Peoria Sports Complex.

The move places Bautista in line to pitch the season's fourth game — April 8 against the Angels in Anaheim, Calif. Bautista responded by limiting the Padres to one run and three hits over five innings in a 4-2 victory.

“Nobody has told me anything,” he said. “So I just want to do my work and not think about that. I just want to pitch.

“But if they give me the chance, I'll take it.”

Bautista is 1-0 with a 3.66 ERA in six spring games after allowing eight earned runs and 19 hits in 19 2/3 innings. Six runs and eight hits came in one four-inning performance. He has 18 strikeouts and 10 walks.

Hernandez threw a bullpen workout in an effort to get in line to start the season's second game, April 6 in Detroit. He is also on track to pitch the home opener April 11 against the Seattle Mariners after missing the entire 2004 season because of reconstructive elbow surgery.

“Runelvys has shown us everything we needed to see,” Peña said. “His fastball is (almost) back to where it was. He's thrown some real good breaking balls, and he has two different change-ups. I couldn't be more pleased.”

Peña announced March 17 that Lima would start Monday's season opener in Detroit but didn't confirm Hernandez and Greinke as starters for the second and third games until learning of the Tigers' plans.

That news arrived Monday morning when Detroit manager Alan Trammell said he planned to use Jeremy Bonderman, Mike Maroth and Jason Johnson in the three-game series at Comerica Park.

Bonderman, 22, was 11-13 last season with a 4.89 ERA. Maroth, 27, was 11-13 and 4.31; Johnson, 31, was 8-15 and 5.13.

Bautista will actually occupy the fourth slot in the Royals' five-man rotation because left-hander Brian Anderson, limited this spring by soreness in his neck and back, won't make his first start until April 10 against the Angels.

Anderson is the only holdover from the four-lefty rotation that opened the 2004 season. He is likely to open the season in the bullpen before making his first start.

The Royals acquired Bautista last season in a June 21 trade that sent veteran reliever Jason Grimsley to Baltimore. Bautista was 4-3 with a 2.53 ERA in 12 starts at Class AA Wichita before going 0-4 with a 6.51 ERA in five late-season starts for the Royals.

“Right now,” he said, “I just go out there and try to be aggressive. Last year, I didn't have that mind-set. Not like I have it right now.

“Last year when I got to the big leagues, I was thinking too much. And I was rushing everything, going too fast to home plate. But now I realize I've got the ball in my hand. Nothing is going to happen until I throw the ball. When you realize that, you learn to relax.”

DaWolf
03-29-2005, 04:36 AM
Harvey can KMA...

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Nice. Our lone "all-star" last year isn't even good enough to make the roster of one of the worst teams in baseball.

As a fan, I'm so proud.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 08:37 AM

Sweeney needs to start looking into old folks homes.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Why? Is there no more poker to be played? Is it not sumo season?

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 08:40 AM
servicable
Probably the nicest word that can be used to describe the Royals.

:spock:

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Me too. Neither one of them is a long term solution. Maybe that Huber kid will be ready by next year.
The terms "long term solution" and "Kansas City Royals" have nothing in common.

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Makes alot of sense, really. Harvey is a Righty and Pick is a Lefty. It would be nice to have a lefty at 1b to go along with Sweeney. Most importantly, it will be nice to have some actual "pop" from a guy at 1b/dh who isn't Sweeney. No offense to Harv, but he is the largest man I've ever seen that hits nothing more than seeing eye basehits and slow grounders to the infield. That's just not what I want from my 1b/dh.

bsp4444
03-29-2005, 09:12 AM
Off the subject of first base, if we trade Brian Anderson (especially after his last spring performance) could we get a power hitting corner outfielder? I would say trade for a power hitting 1st baseman, but we have about 25 first basemen in the organization now.

beavis
03-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Off the subject of first base, if we trade Brian Anderson (especially after his last spring performance) could we get a power hitting corner outfielder? I would say trade for a power hitting 1st baseman, but we have about 25 first basemen in the organization now.
Austin Kearns from the Reds has been a rumor I've heard for months now, but I don't see that happening.

You're right about first baseman. Plus, I think they've already got plans for Huber as the future at that position.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 09:26 AM

I'm not sure the Royals could get even a used jock strap for Anderson.

Personally, I don't mind seeing Harvey sent down and Pickering given a chance. Harvey is a straight pull hitter, lacks a lot of power for such a big guy, and made several costly errors at 1B last year.

Of course, if it were up to me, Sweeney would be traded and both Harvey and Pick would be on the opening day roster. I'd then use that $11 million for another pitcher.

Oh well ...

MM
~~:shrug:

beavis
03-29-2005, 09:27 AM
The terms "long term solution" and "Kansas City Royals" have nothing in common.
It's funny when people who haven't even watched a baseball game in years try and make a smartass comment about it.

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm not sure the Royals could get even a used jock strap for Anderson.

Personally, I don't mind seeing Harvey sent down and Pickering given a chance. Harvey is a straight pull hitter, lacks a lot of power for such a big guy, and made several costly errors at 1B last year.

Of course, if it were up to me, Sweeney would be traded and both Harvey and Pick would be on the opening day roster. I'd then use that $11 million for another pitcher.

Oh well ...

MM
~~:shrug:

Apparently, they are shopping BA around right now. They're interested in saving the +$3MM they have to pay him in salary this year. Problem is, they were really hoping Gobble would have a solid Spring so they could unload him. That hasn't happened. That said, BA has looked pretty good in his limited action thus far. His next start should be pretty telling.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 09:36 AM
It's funny when people who haven't even watched a baseball game in years try and make a smartass comment about it.
It's funnier that you seem to know my viewing habits. I watch baseball all the time. It's my favorite sport. And I was a Royals fan long before I was a Chiefs fan.

I've become so disgruntled with the state of baseball in general... especially the Royals, that I no longer have any hope for any real long term success for them. Sure, maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle again one year, but I'm sure we'll never see the kind of perinnial contender we saw during the Brett/White era. Those days seems to be long, long gone. It makes me sad and I deal with it through sarcasm and distancing myself from them.

I'll always be a fan deep down though because I was born into it and grew up with them. They are a part of me for good or bad. I'm just really tired of the bad. It'd be nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel but I just don't. My depression over them has turned to sarcastic acceptance.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Apparently, they are shopping BA around right now. They're interested in saving the +$3MM they have to pay him in salary this year. Problem is, they were really hoping Gobble would have a solid Spring so they could unload him. That hasn't happened. That said, BA has looked pretty good in his limited action thus far. His next start should be pretty telling.

The problem is that BA is soooo damned inconsistent that I can't see many teams wanting him.

And Gobble has been disapointing to say the least. I really though he'd turn into a great #2 or 3 starter, but he's looking like he needed at least another year at Omaha.

MM
~~:sulk:

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 09:50 AM
And Gobble has been disapointing to say the least. I really though he'd turn into a great #2 or 3 starter, but he's looking like he needed at least another year at Omaha.

MM
~~:sulk:

The problem with Gobble has to do with his inability to get a strikeout. His strikeout/9 inning total is dismal. You can't be a starting pitcher in the ML's with his stuff and lack of strikeout ability. I like the kid, but I just don't see where he fits in.

If we do dump BA, I'd guess that it will be either Wood or as a long shot Snyder. Wood is fairly consistent, but I like him more as a long relief guy/spot starter. Snyder has really nice stuff, but just can't stay healthy for more than a 1/4 of a season. If he doesn't get it done this year (health wise), it may be time to dump him for good.

beavis
03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
It's funnier that you seem to know my viewing habits. I watch baseball all the time. It's my favorite sport. And I was a Royals fan long before I was a Chiefs fan.

I've become so disgruntled with the state of baseball in general... especially the Royals, that I no longer have any hope for any real long term success for them. Sure, maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle again one year, but I'm sure we'll never see the kind of perinnial contender we saw during the Brett/White era. Those days seems to be long, long gone. It makes me sad and I deal with it through sarcasm and distancing myself from them.

I'll always be a fan deep down though because I was born into it and grew up with them. They are a part of me for good or bad. I'm just really tired of the bad. It'd be nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel but I just don't. My depression over them has turned to sarcastic acceptance.
Sorry, shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Look at this years team, I see a faint glimmer of hope there. If the CBA gets better in a couple of years, hopefully we'll have a chance to retain some of these guys.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Sorry, shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Look at this years team, I see a faint glimmer of hope there. If the CBA gets better in a couple of years, hopefully we'll have a chance to retain some of these guys.
I know we have some of our pitchers back.... but do we have any bats this year? That's the part that really scares me.

beavis
03-29-2005, 10:32 AM
I know we have some of our pitchers back.... but do we have any bats this year? That's the part that really scares me.
Berroa and Gotay have been hitting the cover off the ball. As previously mentioned, we're really lacking a corner outfielder. But hopefully, we'll have a (can't believe I'm going to say this) surplus of pitching and are able to make a trade for something.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 10:46 AM
I also noticed today that the Royals/Tigers opening day game next Monday is going to be on ESPN 2, noon eastern time.That brings to mind a very important question...

Why?

I guess they ran out of competitive lawnmower racing video.

beavis
03-29-2005, 11:03 AM
That brings to mind a very important question...

Why?

I guess they ran out of competitive lawnmower racing video.
Dammit! All you haters are really getting under my skin. Until we are 20 games out in June, we're going to the World Series! :cuss:

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
All you haters are really getting under my skin. Until we are 20 games out in June, we're going to the World Series!Woah, there, hoss, I'm no hater. I'm just think it's a bit...odd that they'd have that game on.

Plus, if you can't laugh at yourself...

siberian khatru
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Some random responses to stuff discussed here:

1. Anderson supposedly was shopped to the Mets before they decided to trade for Kaz Ishii. I think I'd rather have BA if I were the Mets, but whatever.

2. Gammons said a week or two ago that the Sweeney-to-Texas rumors were still bubbling. I have to believe the Royals are still pursuing Mench, not someone like Laynce Nix or another 1B like Adrian Gonzalez, and I have to believe the Rangers are still refusing to part with Mench.

3. I don't think the Reds will trade Kearns -- he's currently penciled in as their cleanup hitter -- but they have been shopping Wily Mo Pena, who's young and has lots of power. He also K's a lot and doesn't walk. But I might take a flier on him just to get some young pop in the OF.

beavis
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Woah, there, hoss, I'm no hater. I'm just think it's a bit...odd that they'd have that game on.

Plus, if you can't laugh at yourself...
I know, I was just kidding. It just sucks knowing going into the year that you basically have a snowballs chance in hell of winning anything.

beavis
03-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Some random responses to stuff discussed here:

1. Anderson supposedly was shopped to the Mets before they decided to trade for Kaz Ishii. I think I'd rather have BA if I were the Mets, but whatever.

2. Gammons said a week or two ago that the Sweeney-to-Texas rumors were still bubbling. I have to believe the Royals are still pursuing Mench, not someone like Laynce Nix or another 1B like Adrian Gonzalez, and I have to believe the Rangers are still refusing to part with Mench.

3. I don't think the Reds will trade Kearns -- he's currently penciled in as their cleanup hitter -- but they have been shopping Wily Mo Pena, who's young and has lots of power. He also K's a lot and doesn't walk. But I might take a flier on him just to get some young pop in the OF.
1. I hadn't heard anything about that.

2. I still don't believe a word that comes out of Gammons mouth. But yeah, I'd take Mench for Sweeney in a heartbeat.

3. I've heard they'd be more willing to trade Kearns because of his injury history. But I guess it's all just rumor until something actually happens.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Dammit! All you haters are really getting under my skin. Until we are 20 games out in June, we're going to the World Series! :cuss:
Little League World Series?

:p

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 11:34 AM
It just sucks knowing going into the year that you basically have a snowballs chance in hell of winning anything.
Hence my shitty attitude...

Woodrow Call
03-29-2005, 12:23 PM
I really like this team. It may not win 90 games but it will be fun to watch. Gotay, Berroa, Teehan, Buck, DeJesus, and Grienke are a good core to build around. Add Huber and a healthy pitching staff to the mix and it should be a competitive team to watch.

My prediction 76-86

ChiTown
03-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I really like this team. It may not win 90 games but it will be fun to watch. Gotay, Berroa, Teehan, Buck, DeJesus, and Grienke are a good core to build around. Add Huber and a healthy pitching staff to the mix and it should be a competitive team to watch.

My prediction 76-86

76-86wins?

No way. They'd have to get realy hot during some stretch of the season. Something they couldn't do last year. My main concern is the lack of run producing bats. I'm not expecting much more than 68 wins.

Dr. Facebook Fever
03-29-2005, 12:57 PM
it should be a competitive team to watch.

My prediction 76-86
uh................you call that competitive.....?

Woodrow Call
03-29-2005, 01:05 PM
uh................you call that competitive.....?

For this years team I do consider it competitive.

beavis
03-29-2005, 01:17 PM
76-86wins?

No way. They'd have to get realy hot during some stretch of the season. Something they couldn't do last year. My main concern is the lack of run producing bats. I'm not expecting much more than 68 wins.
I think he was saying a record of 76-86, which is pretty optimistic. I'd be content if they could win 70 games. I think it's possible, no one in our division really scares the crap out of me.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't know what to think. It's not the bats I worry about, really, it's the pitching. That's what'll ultimately determine how they do. I'm trying not to let myself get infected by optimism, but if they have the same mediocre run production as last year, but the pitching improves as much as it appears it can, then 75-80 wins isn't out of the question at all.