View Full Version : The House isn't as Crowded anymore

siberian khatru
03-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Warning: '80s flashbacks dead ahead.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/australasia/story.jsp?story=624469

Former Crowded House drummer found hanged

By Danielle Demetriou

29 March 2005

Paul Hester, the drummer from the 1980s rock band Crowded House, has hanged himself in a park near his home in Melbourne.

Hester, 46, had failed to return home after taking his dogs for a walk on Friday night. Ambulance officers arrived on the scene shortly after noon on Saturday, but were unable to revive him. An ambulance spokeswoman said that he had attempted suicide and then suffered strangulation.

Hester joined the New Zealand group Split Enz in 1983, then he and its singer, Neil Finn, formed Crowded House in 1985 with bass player Nick Seymour. It was one of the most successful Antipodean bands in the late 1980s and early 1990s,

Peter Green, a longtime friend of Hester, dismissed media reports that he was struggling with depression. Finn, who is now touring in London, said he was deeply saddened.

Hester quit Crowded House in 1994, citing touring pressures and declining motivation.

Michael Michigan
03-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Why is it always the drummers?

Oh--and who the fug is Crowded House?

Bob Dole
03-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Why is it always the drummers?

Oh--and who the fug is Crowded House?

Don't Dream It's Over.

htismaqe
03-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Don't Dream It's Over.

Hey now, hey now...

patteeu
03-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Could someone tell me what an "Antipodean band" is? Does it mean that it had members from Europe and the US or something? *edit* Doh! I see now that Australia/New Zealand is involved. Does it mean that one of the other members was from Europe or the US, or just that it was Australians and New Zealanders? */edit*

|Zach|
03-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Well that is sad.

Mark M
03-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Could someone tell me what an "Antipodean band" is? Does it mean that it had members from Europe and the US or something?

anĚtipĚoĚdes pl.n.
Any two places or regions that are on diametrically opposite sides of the earth. (used with a sing. or pl. verb) Something that is the exact opposite or contrary of another; an antipode. MM
~~:shrug: