PDA

View Full Version : donks,brown and Ekuban ... oh my

Mr. Laz
03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Broncos | Reach Agreement with Brown - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:10:58 -0800

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Denver Broncos have reached a one-year agreement in principle with free agent DE Courtney Brown (Browns). Financial terms were not immediately available. The deal also includes options to increase it to five years. Brown is expected to sign the contract later this week.

Broncos | Close to Dealing Droughns for Ekuban - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:06:28 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Denver Broncos are in serious talks with the Cleveland Browns about acquiring DE Ebenezer Ekuban (shoulder, knee) for RB Reuben Droughns. Both sides are also discussing appropriate draft choice compensation for 2006 should Ekuban not return to full strength in time for the season. Ekuban recently underwent knee and shoulder surgery, but if he is able to pass the Broncos' physical, both teams could just agree to the player-for-player swap without any stipulations.

King_Chief_Fan
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Broncos | Reach Agreement with Brown - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:10:58 -0800

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Denver Broncos have reached a one-year agreement in principle with free agent DE Courtney Brown (Browns). Financial terms were not immediately available. The deal also includes options to increase it to five years. Brown is expected to sign the contract later this week.

Broncos | Close to Dealing Droughns for Ekuban - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:06:28 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Denver Broncos are in serious talks with the Cleveland Browns about acquiring DE Ebenezer Ekuban (shoulder, knee) for RB Reuben Droughns. Both sides are also discussing appropriate draft choice compensation for 2006 should Ekuban not return to full strength in time for the season. Ekuban recently underwent knee and shoulder surgery, but if he is able to pass the Broncos' physical, both teams could just agree to the player-for-player swap without any stipulations.

they act a little upset over at the mange.....maybe some of you could go over and cheer them up..........Denver Brownco's.....ROFL

Braincase
03-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Broncos| Close to acquiring Gurney (www.KFFL.com)

The Denver Broncos are close to acquiring a new gurney for their walking wounded from Excelsior Home Medical. No financials have been released at this time.

King_Chief_Fan
03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Broncos| Close to acquiring Gurney (www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com))

The Denver Broncos are close to acquiring a new gurney for their walking wounded from Excelsior Home Medical. No financials have been released at this time.

ROFL:clap:

Brock
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Sounds like they want an All-Unfulfilled Expectations Team.

Garcia Bronco
03-29-2005, 03:23 PM
We're the Denver Browns from now on.

Cochise
03-29-2005, 03:24 PM
WTF?? Another one?

The browns were just sooo successful in recent years that they had to have that pass rush and run-stuffing defensive line I guess.

shaneo69
03-29-2005, 03:26 PM
The Broncos apparently don't subscribe to the "every other year" philosophy of free agent spending.

vckcchiefs04
03-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Go Donks...... keep it up!! :clap: ROFL ROFL

vailpass
03-29-2005, 03:34 PM

ROFL :hmmm: nlm

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Am I missing something, or do the Broncos appear to be exchanging their entire defensive line with the Browns of last year?

If so, WHY??? :hmmm:

shaneo69
03-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Am I missing something, or do the Broncos appear to be exchanging their entire defensive line with the Browns of last year?

If so, WHY??? :hmmm:

If they can somehow acquire Orpheus Roye, they'll be all set.

SBK
03-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Since they like signing turds, can we sign over most of our defense?

vailpass
03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
The Broncos apparently don't subscribe to the "every other year" philosophy of free agent spending.

That's so funny you should say that. Why would you say that?
/Martin Short

eazyb81
03-29-2005, 04:34 PM
In other news, Denver is targeting Andre Wadsworth, Chris Hovan, Wendell Bryant, Reuben Brown, Jonathan Sullivan, and Reuben Carter for their "D stands for Disappointment" line of 2006.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I guess Droughns is step two of Shanahans "Rush for 1200 yards? Well, f*ck you, asshole" plan for NFL domination.

htismaqe
03-29-2005, 06:52 PM

And it's been oh so successful for them...kinda like the Redskins.

Bowser
03-29-2005, 06:58 PM
I didn't know the 3-4 defense instantly turned has beens and never weres into dominant players.

These Bronco fans need to remind Shanny that it doesn't matter who he plugs in at RUNNING BACK, not the defensive line.

philfree
03-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Seems Shanny is emulating DV and taking chances on injured players finding their health and form once on the roster. He's getting these guys for on the cheap though so I can't even cry salary cap violation! Don't matter though cause we'll sweep them this year.

PhilFree :arrow:

Den9899
03-29-2005, 07:26 PM
If we keep this up, we'll only be 10-15 spots ahead of the Chiefs in defensive rankings. Disgracefull.

philfree
03-29-2005, 07:37 PM
If we keep this up, we'll only be 10-15 spots ahead of the Chiefs in defensive rankings. Disgracefull.

I'm sure that's your focus. Cool :thumb:

Bowser
03-29-2005, 07:50 PM

That's true. We forgot that you have the difference maker Ian Gold back in the fold. Our bad.

BTW, how much does he have coming in guaranteed money? ROFL

stevieray
03-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Let's see..Romeo Crennel, who arguably is the best defensive mind in the game right now, is letting these guys go, why would anyone else go after them?

Oh that's right, it's the "genious".

philfree
03-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Let's see..Romeo Crennel, who arguably is the best defensive mind in the game right now, is letting these guys go, why would anyone else go after them?

Oh that's right, it's the "genious".

Yeah but The Rat is getting these guys at a bargain basement price so the financial risk is small. They'll get dinged and miss some practice and end up in The Rats doghouse and hopefully in the process tear down what little cohesion(sp?) the Donks have left. I see these guys about to take a dive and that's not me being a Chiefs Homer as much as it is the constant player turnover they've had the last three years or so.

Hercules Rockefell
03-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Wow. A backup for a backup. This isn't a huge deal.

Wallcrawler
03-30-2005, 12:47 AM
They did the deal with Droughns going to Cleveland for Ekuban.

Ekuban had some surgery, so the Broncos could get a conditional pick as insurance.

I cant figure that out. Getting their D-line coach, and 3 of their linemen.

You can book it, at the very least, 300 yards of rushing offense will be racked up against the Broncos this season in the two games. Holmes and Johnson are probably drooling like madmen over this news, and I cant wait to see them ripping seven shades of shit out of that Browns front.

easymobee
03-30-2005, 02:36 AM

Isn't KC in the market for the same thing with Kendrell Bell in mind?

Denver signs an injury plagued young player (C. Brown) and he's a disaster waiting to happen.

KC signs an injury plagued young player (K. Bell) and its just a case of "bad luck" and he's penciled in for 16 starts already.I'm pretty sure that if Ty Law ends up in KC the same optimism will be allowed to his health issues as well.

This is the same kind of reasoning that made KC fans believe that KC was a shoo-in for division winner last offseason.

Enjoy the love-in fellas ....

After all, you've already let GoChiefs (of all people) convince you that Sammy Knight is a top 10 Safery in the NFL ....

HolmeZz
03-30-2005, 02:39 AM
I wouldn't call Bell injury 'plauged'. He's missed basically one season due to injury. I'd call him injury 'prone'.

easymobee
03-30-2005, 02:47 AM
You can book it, at the very least, 300 yards of rushing offense will be racked up against the Broncos this season in the two games. Holmes and Johnson are probably drooling like madmen over this news, and I cant wait to see them ripping seven shades of shit out of that Browns front.

..... says the fan of the team who boasts the "Career Day Defense".

One thing to look into is who Clevelands LineBACKERS were last year compared to DJ Williams, Ian Gold, and Al Wilson.

So what if all 3 guys are from the same team? Isn't that better? You have 3 guys who were starters for an NFL Franchise moving over on team friendly deals playing for a familiar line coach .... isn't that better than 3 guys from 3 teams playing for a new coach (in theory at least?).

All i know is this .... Denver has 2 teams starting D-Lines on their roster right now , and im thinking a pretty decent rotation can be made out of that somehow.

Also, Running the ball was never really KC's problem. Priest Holmes hasn't been a guy that only got his yards and TD's vs "suspect" D's in the time i've seen him in a Chiefs uniform.

After all, he ran for 150 and 3 TD's on opening day last year (KC vs Denver) and that didn't equal dominance and an easy win.

beer bacon
03-30-2005, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't call Bell injury 'plauged'. He's missed basically one season due to injury. I'd call him injury 'prone'.

The thing about Bell is that it seems that all his injuries are things that could have prevented or at least vastly minimized with the right management. He wouldn't has missed much time with the first one if he would not have tried to start playing too soon. He would not have gotten the second one if he would have had the right supervision in the weight room.

I also don't think a healthy Brown has near as much upside as a healthy Bell.

Also, Knight is very solid. I don't know if he is up top 10, but he has constantly been both steady and also been a playmaker. The only weakness that I know of is that he is slow, but he seems to have the football instincts to minimize the problems that causes.

beer bacon
03-30-2005, 02:51 AM
..... says the fan of the team who boasts the "Career Day Defense".

One thing to look into is who Clevelands LineBACKERS were last year compared to DJ Williams, Ian Gold, and Al Wilson.

So what if all 3 guys are from the same team? Isn't that better? You have 3 guys who were starters for an NFL Franchise moving over on team friendly deals playing for a familiar line coach .... isn't that better than 3 guys from 3 teams playing for a new coach (in theory at least?).

All i know is this .... Denver has 2 teams starting D-Lines on their roster right now , and im thinking a pretty decent rotation can be made out of that somehow.

Also, Running the ball was never really KC's problem. Priest Holmes hasn't been a guy that only got his yards and TD's vs "suspect" D's in the time i've seen him in a Chiefs uniform.

After all, he ran for 150 and 3 TD's on opening day last year (KC vs Denver) and that didn't equal dominance and an easy win.

The 300 yards in two games would be just about standard for almost any team KC faces. As you noted, we did that last year against the Broncos. Rushing for 150 yards + three TDs only allows you to dominate if you stop the opposing team from doing the same. Bell, Knight, and hopefully the addition of Surtain will help, read help, us do that.

LJ was dominating with his 150 yards and two TDs in the second game. The reason he was dominating? We held the Broncos under 20 points.

easymobee
03-30-2005, 02:52 AM

Thats what i mean ..... Thats cause in your case Kendrell is one of the "Good Guys".

Both Brown and Bell missed most of last year ( each played about 3 games) and thats why there was so much talk about their health issues.

Bell failed a NYG Physical ending their talks with him.

Brown failed a CLE Physical the day before a 2.5 mil roster bonus was due.

I just wanted to point out how one guy can be labeled a "high risk" and the other is labeled a "low risk" based on the team he signed with.

I'm not trying to end such homeristic practices (we all do it).

Just pointing it out .......

beer bacon
03-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Thats what i mean ..... Thats cause in your case Kendrell is one of the "Good Guys".

Both Brown and Bell missed most of last year ( each played about 3 games) and thats why their was so much ado about their health issues.

Bell failed a NYG Physical ending their talks with him.

Brown failed a CLE Physical the day before a 2.5 mil roster bonus was due.

I just wanted to point out how one guy can be labeled a "high risk" and the other is labeled a "low risk" based on the team he signed with.

I'm not trying to end such homeristic practices (we all do it).

Just pointing it out .......

I just want to say I agree with you about this. I feel like Bell will be healthy next year while almost no Bronco fans do. To me I have very logical reasons why he will be, but to many non-KC fans they would still feel like he will be a huge injury risk. Different tented lenses it seems.

easymobee
03-30-2005, 03:01 AM
I just want to say agree with you about this. I feel like Bell will be healthy next year while almost no Bronco fans do. To me I have very logical reasons why he will be, but to many non-KC fans they would still feel like he will be a huge injury risks. Different tented lenses it seems.

Exactly.

I wasn't trying to start **** or anything like that.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

We'll all know by this time next year what's what and who's who.

Cochise
03-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Both of these guys are big injury risks.

But Courtney Brown has been in the league for 5 seasons and failed to amount to Raiders.

At least Bell managed to be a defensive rookie of the year. He's registered 100 tackles in a season (Brown hasn't surpassed 30 since 2000) Bell has, except for last year when he was injured, been able to claim that he reasonably deserved to be a starter in the NFL.

Time will tell, but remember... Plummer was all of a sudden going to be an MVP when he donned the donk too.

Mile High Mania
03-30-2005, 07:25 AM
Am I in an episode of the twilight zone... 4 freaking guys from the Browns in one offseason? Is this a really funny April Fool's day joke in the making? Nice build up if so...