PDA

View Full Version : Christian Okoye story

Carlota69
03-29-2005, 04:19 PM
So, in case you don't know, I work at a rock radio station and the company I work for owns 3 more here in Vegas, including an ESPN affliate. I'm walking in the hallways and I notice a familiar face--however I see famous people all the time so I dont think much of it--until I hear the name Christian Okoye. How cool is that--a Chief legend standing in the hallways at my radio station. Beleive me, I went right up to him, introduced myself and promptly told him he needed to hang out on my station and give me an interview. He did. I just finished interviewing Christian Okoye and he was totally cool.

He's here for a charity golf tournament for his foundation. They're "roasting" Eric Dickerson and a bunch of football players are ahere including Marcus Allen.

We talked about his nutritional line and we also talked about the Chiefs and the defense, blah blah--he feels like the rest of us--get Surtain! :)

Anyways, just thought I would share.

Brock
03-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Did he promise you an autographed pic?

buddha
03-29-2005, 04:21 PM
What a fun thing to have happen, Carlota. The Nigerian Nightmare is one of my all-time favs. That was REAL football.

Carlota69
03-29-2005, 04:23 PM

No, I didn't ask. I don't ask for autographs--not my style.

Carlota69
03-29-2005, 04:24 PM
What a fun thing to have happen, Carlota. The Nigerian Nightmare is one of my all-time favs. That was REAL football.

Yeah--one of my favs as well. He was super cool. Very Very approachable.

Count Alex's Wins
03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
Are you a chick?

Brock
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Are you a chick?

:rolleyes:

Carlota69
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Are you a chick?

Yeah--I don't know too many dudes that would wear a purple see-thru blouse? Do you?

tk13
03-29-2005, 04:29 PM
ROFL Knew I'd be too late...

Brock
03-29-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah--I don't know too many dudes that would wear a purple see-thru blouse? Do you?

Depends on whether they're wearing a Boba Fett helmet.

sorry for all the in-jokes.

Count Alex's Wins
03-29-2005, 04:32 PM

Report to the D.C. Forum immediately!

Raiderhader

You mean like gochiefs himself?

keg in kc
I don't know too many dudes that would wear a purple see-thru blouse? Do you?No, but there was this club in Amsterdam...but I digress.

Count Alex's Wins
03-29-2005, 04:34 PM
You mean like gochiefs himself?

Dude, I would never wear a purple blouse!

Phobia
Christian is an incredibly nice guy in person. He sucks at the internet, though.

Raiderhader
ROFL Knew I'd be too late...

I am kind of surprised the thread has not already errupted into an Okoye dog pile.....

Carlota69
Report to the D.C. Forum immediately!

??????

Phobia
03-29-2005, 04:35 PM
??????

gochiefs is a dumbass, please ignore him.

Raiderhader
03-29-2005, 04:35 PM

Good luck finding anyone on here that will believe that.

keg in kc
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Good luck finding anyone on here that will believe that.I believe him. I think he was just insinuating that pink is more his style.

Raiderhader
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
I believe him. I think he was just insinuating that pink is more his style.

Well, I suppose that could be......

Carlota69
03-29-2005, 04:42 PM
ROFL ROFL --and maybe a litte more low-cut?

Kerberos
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM

Does that mean you would wear a see through blouse in a different color then ??? :hmmm:

ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
03-29-2005, 04:46 PM

I'm so glad someone picked up on that.

Count Alex's Wins
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Does that mean you would wear a see through blouse in a different color then ??? :hmmm:

ROFL

Hey! Welcome to five minutes ago.

Chiefnj
03-29-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm still waiting for Carlota's midget stories.

Kerberos
03-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey! Welcome to five minutes ago.

Hey man ... IF you had a REAL job you would know what it was like to get interupted while posting. :hmmm:

I guess you have time to hit refresh every 10 seconds from your room at mommy and daddys house while wearing your see through blouse.

If you ever have enough balls to get a real job and a place of your OWN you might understand how the real world works.

nlm

Rausch
03-29-2005, 05:14 PM
I am kind of surprised the thread has not already errupted into an Okoye dog pile.....

He he he...

I got one so... :p

Count Alex's Wins
03-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey man ... IF you had a REAL job you would know what it was like to get interupted while posting. :hmmm:

I guess you have time to hit refresh every 10 seconds from your room at mommy and daddys house while wearing your see through blouse.

If you ever have enough balls to get a real job and a place of your OWN you might understand how the real world works.

nlm

I'm sure you are Donald Trump or something. ****ing douchebag.

go bowe
03-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah--I don't know too many dudes that would wear a purple see-thru blouse? Do you?i can think of a few...

go bowe
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm sure you are Donald Trump or something. ****ing douchebag.well, it's good to see you getting along so well with your playmates...

Yosef_Malkovitch
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm sure you are Donald Trump or something. ****ing douchebag.

Tsk, tsk. GC is in such a foul mood tonight...

C-Mac
03-29-2005, 07:09 PM
So, in case you don't know, I work at a rock radio station and the company I work for owns 3 more here in Vegas, including an ESPN affliate. I'm walking in the hallways and I notice a familiar face--however I see famous people all the time so I dont think much of it--until I hear the name Amelio Estevez . How cool is that--the Mighty Duck himself . I shouted "Amelio.... Amelio!"

Sorry Carlota, I just couldnt help but think of Night at the Roxbury when I started to read your post. :D
Tis' cool meeting the real legend though :thumb:

whoman69
03-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Gochiefs would

Frazod
03-29-2005, 08:12 PM
If you run into him again, you might ask him WHERE THE HELL IS MY F#CKING AUTOGRAPHED PICTURE?

:cuss:

What an asshat.

Deberg_1990
03-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Great story. Sounds like a truly classy guy. So does anybody know why he never played for another team? I know he didnt fit the "west coast offense" that Hackett brought with im in 93, but why did he retire?

BigVE
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I met Christian Okoye this past fall in Topeka Ks. We were on our way to KC for the KC/Falcons (BUTT-whipping) game. I got an autographed hat and a hand shake for 10bucks. Dude was still huge and Im not a small guy. It was cool...kind of sad though, he was there for an autograph signing session and there was NOBODY in line. There were a few people here and there but me any my buddy were able to sit there and chat with the guy for a bit.

Monty
03-29-2005, 08:39 PM
I met Christian Okoye this past fall in Topeka Ks. We were on our way to KC for the KC/Falcons (BUTT-whipping) game. I got an autographed hat and a hand shake for 10bucks. Dude was still huge and Im not a small guy. It was cool...kind of sad though, he was there for an autograph signing session and there was NOBODY in line. There were a few people here and there but me any my buddy were able to sit there and chat with the guy for a bit.

Why go to Topeka and pay $10 for an autograph when you can sit at home waiting for an autographed pic to come in the mail for FREE?

htismaqe
03-29-2005, 08:46 PM

Maybe nobody was there because he'd promised them all something that he never actually delivered...

Frazod
03-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Maybe nobody was there because he'd promised them all something that he never actually delivered...

No shit. I sure as hell don't want his autograph now.