PDA

View Full Version : A Blind Man's Ace

CosmicPal
03-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Wow...this is unbelieveable.

I scored a hole-in-one years ago at Brookridge Golf Course, but this is something else:

Legally Blind Iowa Golfer Gets an Ace
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - A man who is legally blind has heard it before, so he was naturally skeptical when he was told he scored a hole-in-one while golfing at a local golf course. "They've said it before," said Joel Ludvicek, 78.

Only this time it was true.

Ludvicek aced the 168-yard No. 11 hole at Twin Pines golf course with a driver.

He had to rely on his three golfing partners to confirm the feat, because Ludvicek is legally blind.

"A big fluke, it's just one of those things," Ludvicek said.

He has been an avid golfer for years and this is his second hole-in-one. It's his first since he lost most of his vision because of macular degeneration.

He said his vision is hazy and he can't see things he's directly looking at.

Ludvicek, who tees up his own ball, said although the ace was special, it's no different from other golfers.

"It's funny how golf goes," he said. "Most of the time I have a heck of a time getting on the green. It's a fun game."

Rain Man
03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
This guy is a better golfer than Skip.

bogie
03-29-2005, 07:07 PM
78 and blind and he had to use a driver. wimp

Phobia
03-29-2005, 07:11 PM
168 yards? Doesn't he have a pitching wedge in his bag?

ENDelt260
03-29-2005, 07:18 PM
This thread wouldn't be complete without this joke.

A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!" The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!" The pastor said, "Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him." "Hi George. Say, what's with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes, that's a group of blind firefighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime." The group was silent for a moment. The pastor said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them." The engineer said, "Why can't these guys play at night?"

bogie
03-29-2005, 07:22 PM
This thread wouldn't be complete without this joke.

A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15 minutes!" The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!" The pastor said, "Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him." "Hi George. Say, what's with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?" The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes, that's a group of blind firefighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime." The group was silent for a moment. The pastor said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight." The doctor said, "Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy and see if there's anything he can do for them." The engineer said, "Why can't these guys play at night?"

Yes. that's a classic.
ROFL

whoman69
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I suppose if a blind man is going to play golf, it would be at Twin Pines. That course is flatter than Cher.

CosmicPal
03-29-2005, 08:56 PM
This guy calls up his nephew one night.
"Johnny, I'm going to be in the hospital for the next few days and I thought I'd call you to see if you'd be interested in taking my spot in a foursome."
"Sure, Uncle Bob. I'd love to take your spot."
"Here's the number of a friend of mine, so let him know you're my nephew and that you'll be taking my spot."

A few minutes later, Johnny calls the number when a male answers.
"Hi, my name's Johnny. My Uncle Bob gave me your number to let you know I'd be interested in playing in your group the next few days."
"Johnny, we'd love to have you join us."
"Great, when's your next tee time?"
"Well, we have a tee time tomorrow morning at 6AM. Can you make it?"
"Yes, but I might be 10 mins late."
"That's OK. We'll wait."

The next day Johnny shows up on time and shoots a 3 over par. Afterwards, the men are all sitting around having drinks. "Johnny, you're a fine golfer. We'd love to have you play with us any time."
"Sounds good. When's your next tee time?"
"Well, we have a tee time tommorrow morning at 7AM. Can you make it?"
"That's OK. We'll wait."

The next day Johnny shows up on time, but this time he shoots lefthanded and shoots 3 under par.
Afterwards, the men are all sitting around having drinks. "Damn Johnny, you're one hell of a golfer. Yesterday, you shoot 3 over and then today you shoot under par, but you do it left-handed. Hell, you can play with us any time."
"I'd love to. When's your next tee time?"
"We have a tee time tomorrow at 8AM. Can you make it?"
"Johnny, may I ask you something?"
"Sure, what is it?'
"Every time I give you a tee time, you tell me you might be 10 mins late. What the hell's up with that?"
"Well, when I wake up in the morning before a round of golf. I'll look at my wife. If she's lying on her right side- I'll play right-handed. If she's lying on her left side- I'll play left-handed. If she's lying on her back, I'll be 10 mins late."