PDA

View Full Version : Has the Red Sox hat become the new trucker hat for trendy morons?

PunkinDrublic
03-29-2005, 05:50 PM
Amornorix or anybody in the New England area disregard this post. I live in the Dallas area nowhere near Boston yet everyday I spot at least 2 or 3 people wearing a Red Sox hat. Now I know people for years have worn Yankees hats who didn't give a rats ass about baseball but I have never seen so many people jump on the bandwagon since the Rams nation phenomenon of 2000. Has anybody not living in New England noticed these poseurs.

I'm wearing my Royals hat no matter where they finish :thumb:

Calcountry
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Amornorix or anybody in the New England area disregard this post. I live in the Dallas area nowhere near Boston yet everyday I spot at least 2 or 3 people wearing a Red Sox hat. Now I know people for years have worn Yankees hats who didn't give a rats ass about baseball but I have never seen so many people jump on the bandwagon since the Rams nation phenomenon of 2000. Has anybody not living in New England noticed these poseurs.

I'm wearing my Royals hat no matter where they finish :thumb:THere are a lot of NE fans throughout the country, perhaps, they didn't want to face ridicule for showing their colors and remained anonymous until they had something to brag about. But then, isn't that the text book definition of a band waggon jumper?

Spicy McHaggis
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I knew a girl who bought a Cubs hat not knowing it was a baseball cap. Apparently she thought the C was for Courtney.

Thig Lyfe
03-29-2005, 06:14 PM
I knew a girl who bought a Cubs hat not knowing it was a baseball cap. Apparently she thought the C was for Courtney.

Wow.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Red Sox fans are few and far between here. There are tons of Yankees fans, insteads. They are far worse.

morphius
03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't know. First off, how new are the hats? Second, I know Red Sox fans in KC and in Omaha, and I don't really pay attention to baseball, I'm sure there are fans of them in Texas to. Just like thier are Chiefs season ticket holders in over 45 states...

Coach
03-29-2005, 06:33 PM

Heh, I can relate to something like that, but a gal that I was good friends in HS, she bought a Boston Red Sox cap. I asked her, "Ah, I didn't know you were a Red Sox fan." She said, "Who?" I'm like thinking to myself for a split second, then I said "Boston Red Sox, the baseball team, the team that was cursed by the legendary baseball player Babe Ruth." She was like, "Oh... I thought the B was for Bitch."

Thig Lyfe
03-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey, I'm a Red Sox fan in the sense that I hate them less than the Yankees.

Cannibal
03-29-2005, 07:00 PM

I'm wearing my Royals hat no matter where they finish :thumb:

The biggest bandwagon ever has to be the 90's Cowboys and none was ever more annoying either IMO.

ENDelt260
03-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Hahaha.

Oh, and Red Sox hats have always been for trendy morons.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Hahaha.

Oh, and Red Sox hats have always been for trendy morons.
What are the Royals hats been for then? Masochist morons?

bogie
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, I have a buddy that has always been a Red Sox fan and wore his hat constantly. He laughs because there are now so many more Sox hat wearers than ever before.

KCChiefsMan
03-29-2005, 11:45 PM
I wear my Red Sox cap proudly, and I have long before they won the world series. I'm from a little town in Massachusetts called West Newbury which is a couple hours from Boston. My grandma and aunts still live in Boston. I grew up watching the Wade Boggs/Roger Clemens era and those were some good times!

big nasty kcnut
03-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Royals hats are for fans who love the game and who hated the yankees

Simplex3
03-30-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm assuming you tagged a chick who was that stupid.

mcan
03-30-2005, 04:44 AM
Fads. Here are my top FIVE...

5. Greatfull Dead tee shirts:
Nothing like seeing the local junior high metal head sporting the little teddy bears... Poser.

4. Cowboys jerseys in the ninties:
Sweet lord, how this went on and on and on... It would be rated higher, but I actually know a lot of these people who were bandwagon back then, but at least they liked football.

3. Ra!ders hats:
This one is more about the "bad boy" image then being a Raider fan. For some reason it's 'cool' to wear that little pirate on your head. It's a total fad started by the hip-hop community and people who don't care one bit about football wear these hats like a badge. It's rediculous.

2. "Scarface" stuff:
Another image adopted by the hip-hop community as something cool. I really have to wonder how many people have actually seen the movie, and if they have, realize that the movie is trying to DISCOURAGE that type of behavior?

1. Chicago White Sox ball caps.
I can't tell you where this started, or why. But, since the mid ninties that logo has been worn by everybody. Was it Dr. Dre or something? Who made this cool? None of these people even know what baseball is, or what state Chicago is in. This is probably the lamest sports fad ever.

Cochise
03-30-2005, 04:50 AM
I can't tell you where this started, or why. But, since the mid ninties that logo has been worn by everybody. Was it Dr. Dre or something? Who made this cool? None of these people even know what baseball is, or what state Chicago is in. This is probably the lamest sports fad ever.

They're the Ra!ders of baseball. And I think it was Dr. Dre who started it.

cadmonkey
03-30-2005, 07:30 AM
I wear my Red Sox cap proudly, and I have long before they won the world series. I'm from a little town in Massachusetts called West Newbury which is a couple hours from Boston. My grandma and aunts still live in Boston. I grew up watching the Wade Boggs/Roger Clemens era and those were some good times!

West Newbury, huh. North Shore Boy, nice to know. I'm from Swampscott, nicely stuck between Salem and Lynn.

And yes, I agree with the Sox hat thing. Around here everyone wears them for obvious reasons, but ever since Ben Affleck starting showing up to the games everyone around the country thinks its cool to be a Sox fan.

I was scared after the series that it would become the next Yankees hat where everyone says that they are a sox fan. And most Peurto Ricans wear Yankees hats, NTTAWWT, because have the team was mostly Hispanic. Last year half the Sox were from the Doominican, I started seeing every Hispanic man in Boston switch from the "NY" to the "B" after the Championship Series. :shake: Where is the loyalty.

cadmonkey
03-30-2005, 07:37 AM

This came about because it was one of the first MLB teams to have a black hat. Because of this it went right along with getting Raiders gear.

Also you could make the "Sox" look like it said "Sex" by taking a black marker and changing it a little bit. ROFL