PDA

View Full Version : Pac-Man rumors spell trouble for Chiefs?

Chiefnj
03-31-2005, 09:04 AM
There are several rumors flying around some of the less scrupulous football websites that Pac-Man's urine sample was dirty. Not sure for what. I'm wondering how this might affect the Chiefs draft if it is true. The rest of the thread is based on the unproven rumor that Pac-Man has tested positive for something - drugs or roids.

Generally most mocks had two corners coming off the board before the 15th pick; usually Rolle and Pac-Man. If Adams is positive I think there is a good chance that Rogers would move up and that Rogers and Rolle would be taken before 15.

Do you think the 5-10" Adams is a good fit for Gunther? Do you think the Chiefs would take him if there was a positive test result? Do you "reach" for another corner? Trade down? Do the smart thing and draft Pollack anyway?

ptlyon
03-31-2005, 09:07 AM
WTF is Pac-man?

Skip Towne
03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
It depends on which drug was involved. If it is MJ I'd consider that a plus.

bricks
03-31-2005, 09:11 AM
It a nickname. as in Adam "pacman" Jones.

nascher
03-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Pac-Man was about 5-9 @Combine

Pac-Man Jones, West Virginia

chop
03-31-2005, 09:12 AM
WTF is Pac-man?

He's a cornerback that's in the upcoming draft. I hear, correct me if I'm wrong, the nickname was given to him because he gobbles up receivers. That's what I heard, other than that I don't anything else about the guy.

shaneo69
03-31-2005, 09:20 AM
I wouldn't take Jones at #15, even if he didn't test positive. Too small, and I think he's one of those guys who became a first rounder only after a great senior year, similar to Ryan Sims. I'd rather have a guy who's been good his whole college career, like Rolle, Rogers, or Marlin.

Kyle401
03-31-2005, 09:25 AM
There are several rumors flying around some of the less scrupulous football websites that Pac-Man's urine sample was dirty.

No reason to be concerned unless this is confirmed. If true, it will definitely shake up the expected draft order.

whoman69
03-31-2005, 09:49 AM
I believe the Titans and Cardinals could take CBs off the board early. I am hoping they leave Carlos Rogers for us and take Pac Man. He is too small to fit in Gun's scheme.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2005, 09:49 AM
It depends on which drug was involved. If it is MJ I'd consider that a plus.Tell that to Fred Smoot.

bricks
03-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Pacman's a good corner. I don't buy this too small stuff. I don't think we'll draft him. Great now with these positive test results, that's all we need to hear. Sure enough DV, will now blab away on how he doesn't fit the profile, etc. :shake:

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Well, if Jones did test positive and falls because of it, then there's a good chance neither Rolle or Rogers are there at #15.

If that happens, I think our best course of action is to trade down, take Marlin Jackson, and get some more 1st-day picks.

bricks
03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
I believe the Titans and Cardinals could take CBs off the board early. I am hoping they leave Carlos Rogers for us and take Pac Man. He is too small to fit in Gun's scheme.

Maybe, maybe not. Have you been keeping up with the news to date? Titans say they may be forced to draft an offensive tackle in the 1st round. So, it may be possible we can count them off. And, Arizona? Dennie Green? I highly doubt he'll draft defense. Dennie Green likes offense, and, Arizona needs a RB.

patteeu
03-31-2005, 10:09 AM
Pacman's a good corner. I don't buy this too small stuff. I don't think we'll draft him. Great now with these positive test results, that's all we need to hear. Sure enough DV, will now blab away on how he doesn't fit the profile, etc. :shake:

I buy the too small stuff. After seeing Mark McMillan (sp?) and Dexter McCleon in Chiefs red, I don't want any more midgets. Both of those guys seemed to be pretty decent at staying with their man, but both of them got burned because they were too short. On second thought, maybe it's just cornerbacks whose last names start with "Mc." No more McMidgets!

PhogPhanTim
03-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I welcome any unfounded rumors about Pac-Man being dirty. If he drops behind Rolle and Rogers, I'd gladly take him.

Kerberos
03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
I welcome any unfounded rumors about Pac-Man being dirty. If he drops behind Rolle and Rogers, I'd gladly take him.

King Carl is that YOU ????

Letting us know he will be glad to take a Dirty Pac-Man cause then he can justify giving him LESS as a first rounder than we would have to pay for the other two !!

It's all about the coin huh carl ??

:)

Mile High Mania
03-31-2005, 10:17 AM
Urine, in general, is typically dirty.

Kerberos
03-31-2005, 10:19 AM
tainted ??? is that a better specification for "Dirty" urine?

:)

bricks
03-31-2005, 10:24 AM
I say the first 15 picks may look like this:

1.SF-Aaron Rodgers-QB(California)
2.Mia-Ronnie Brown-RB(Auburn)
3.Cle-Alex Smith-QB(Utah)
4.Chi-Braylon Edwards-WR(Michigan)
5.TB-Antrell Rolle-CB(Miami)--said they want either defense or offense,more d
6.Ten-Alex Barron-OT(Florida State)--said they may be forced to draft OT
7.Min-Derrick Johnson-LB(Texas)
8.Dal-Travis Johnson-DT(Florida State)
9.Was-Shawne Merriman-DE(Maryland)--said they want defense
10.Det-David Pollack-DE(Georgia)--pretty realistic bet since Porcher retired
11.Arz-Cedric Benson-RB(Texas)--Dennis like O, and zona needs a RB
12.SD-Shaun Cody-DT(USC)
13.Hou-Mike Williams-WR(USC)
14.Car-Troy Williamson-WR(South Carolina)
15.KC-Carlos Rodgers-CB(Auburn)

PhogPhanTim
03-31-2005, 10:26 AM
I believe I said unfounded rumors...I never said I hoped PacMan was dirty. And yes, I'm a Jones fan. I think he's the best available corner.

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Urine, in general, is typically dirty.Tell that to Moises Alou.

Skip Towne
03-31-2005, 10:32 AM
I buy the too small stuff. After seeing Mark McMillan (sp?) and Dexter McCleon in Chiefs red, I don't want any more midgets. Both of those guys seemed to be pretty decent at staying with their man, but both of them got burned because they were too short. On second thought, maybe it's just cornerbacks whose last names start with "Mc." No more McMidgets!
Do you remember a guy named Kevin Ross?

Prince22
03-31-2005, 10:35 AM
I hope it does hurt his draft status a bit. And I hope he slips to the 15th slot for us. That is if it's just a little mary jane.

Prince22
03-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Cocaine Addict: Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction. You ever suck some dick for marijuana?
Half Baked

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 10:42 AM
Well, if Jones did test positive and falls because of it, then there's a good chance neither Rolle or Rogers are there at #15.

If that happens, I think our best course of action is to trade down, take Marlin Jackson, and get some more 1st-day picks.

that's pretty much what you want us to do anyway, isn't it?

NJ Chief Fan
03-31-2005, 10:52 AM
phuck pac man jones...i am buyin this to short stuff plus i heard hes 5'8 how in the world is he gonna cover a 6'4 randy moss who got like 7 inches on him...i dont want to draft a rookie corner with our 1st pick...i think we could compete this season if trade for surtain we better be getting a legit shut down cb...we got to play randy twice a season and we are playing terrel owens this coming season i dont trust our current cbs on either of them

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 11:00 AM
that's pretty much what you want us to do anyway, isn't it?

Not if Rogers or Rolle are there...if either of those two are available, I take them.

bricks
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM
rolle, jones, and rodgers are the best CB's available in this draft. Let's just hope the Chiefs can take either one of them if they happen to fall to us at 15.
I'm sure we'll all be delighted and pleased if they do. We don't want a reach, to see us take Marlin Jackson, Brandon Browner, Corey Webster, or, Justin Miller with our 15 overall pick.

ct
03-31-2005, 11:08 AM

Agree, would also consider just trading down 5-10 spots, pick another 3rd, maybe 2nd if somebody is desparate to move into our spot, and take Browner in the 2nd, OLB/DE later in the 1st. If we do secure a 3rd round pick, concede with Miami and make the Surtain trade, be it 3rd or 2nd.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 11:08 AM
Not if Rogers or Rolle are there...if either of those two are available, I take them.

:hmmm: i thought you wanted derrick johnson,pac man or trade down for jackson....

keg in kc
03-31-2005, 11:10 AM
that's pretty much what you want us to do anyway, isn't it?That's me. I think Jackson's going to end up being the best corner out of the class.

bricks
03-31-2005, 11:11 AM
phuck pac man jones...i am buyin this to short stuff plus i heard hes 5'8 how in the world is he gonna cover a 6'4 randy moss who got like 7 inches on him...i dont want to draft a rookie corner with our 1st pick...i think we could compete this season if trade for surtain we better be getting a legit shut down cb...we got to play randy twice a season and we are playing terrel owens this coming season i dont trust our current cbs on either of them

Very, very, very few people can cover Randy Moss. Regardless, with Surtain on the field and a rookie corner, Randy Moss is always an issue on the field. that's the reality. I think a Surtain could make it better for us, but, I wouldn't expect him to shutdown Randy Moss. And, the Chiefs are too smart enough not to give up that 2nd round pick.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 11:16 AM
That's me. I think Jackson's going to end up being the best corner out of the class.
:thumb: oh, ok ... thought i remembered somebody

i wouldn't be surprised to see jackson go in round 2

if we don't sign Law or trade for surtain then i would like to see us get 2 cornerbacks.

1. CB Carlos Rogers
2. (trade up a little and get) CB Marlin Jackson

bricks
03-31-2005, 11:19 AM
I think jackson will be an early 2nd round pick. I agree the Chiefs would have to trade up to get him. Is he the reason the Chiefs don't want to give up their 2nd for Surtain?

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Is he the reason the Chiefs don't want to give up their 2nd for Surtain?
no, you're giving the chiefs WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit

i don't believe they have any sort of comprehensive plan like that. i still think Carl is low balling the 'phins because he's not sure he wants to pay surtain the big contract he's asking for.

bricks
03-31-2005, 11:24 AM
no, you're giving the chiefs WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much credit

i don't believe they have any sort of comprehensive plan like that. i still think Carl is low balling the 'phins because he's not sure he wants to pay surtain the big contract he's asking for.

Now, come on Laz. Why would I want to do that? does the quality of the pick given up have something to do with the contract?

ct
03-31-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.draftdaddy.com/Blog/blog.cfm

West Virginia based Profootballtalk.com <http://profootballtalk.com/> is reporting there's a rumor making the rounds in the agent community that West Virginia defensive back Adam "Pac-Man" Jones might have given a dirty urine sample at last month's Scouting Combine.........PFT can't confirm this story and neither can we......However, we were told by an insider that these "rumors" regarding Jones have been out there for a while. He stressed, however, that he did not know if these rumors are true. We could get into more detail, but it may be wise to stop here out of fairness to Jones and his agent.

If ProFootballTalk is involved, I don't buy into this rumor at all.

Fire Me Boy!
03-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Urine, in general, is typically dirty.
Not true... Urine is only dirty if there's an infection. Normal urine is sterile.

OmahaChief
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
He's a cornerback that's in the upcoming draft. I hear, correct me if I'm wrong, the nickname was given to him because he gobbles up receivers. That's what I heard, other than that I don't anything else about the guy.

He played in the Big East, there are no receivers worth a crap to gobble up. He looked good against crap players and all of a sudden since he is fast he is some great player. I just don't get some of these football gurus. Name one top line receiver that Pac has ever shut down. IF you go back through the box scores of games where WV played anyeone of sustance you will see he is no shut down corner.

Chiefnj
03-31-2005, 01:15 PM
He played in the Big East, there are no receivers worth a crap to gobble up. He looked good against crap players and all of a sudden since he is fast he is some great player. I just don't get some of these football gurus. Name one top line receiver that Pac has ever shut down. IF you go back through the box scores of games where WV played anyeone of sustance you will see he is no shut down corner.

I think the only team that they played last year that had an offense of substance was Florida State and they held them in the passing game.

I agree he didn't have to match up against very good receivers, but I don't necessarily agree that he got gouged against good teams, since they really didn't play any.

patteeu
03-31-2005, 01:28 PM
Do you remember a guy named Kevin Ross?

Yes, how tall was he?

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:36 PM
:hmmm: i thought you wanted derrick johnson,pac man or trade down for jackson....

You've got me confused with the Notorious K.E.G.

He's homer #2. :D

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:38 PM
:thumb: oh, ok ... thought i remembered somebody

i wouldn't be surprised to see jackson go in round 2

if we don't sign Law or trade for surtain then i would like to see us get 2 cornerbacks.

1. CB Carlos Rogers
2. (trade up a little and get) CB Marlin Jackson

Yep. I mentioned that yesterday.

If we fail to get either Law or Surtain we should draft a CB in round 1 AND round 2...

bricks
03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Yep. I mentioned that yesterday.

If we fail to get either Law or Surtain we should draft a CB in round 1 AND round 2...

Ditto man...Ditto :thumb:

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 01:50 PM
Now, come on Laz. Why would I want to do that? does the quality of the pick given up have something to do with the contract?
i don't really understand what your saying?

i'm saying the value of the draft pick in trade is secondary to the cost of the contract that surtain wants.

if the trade doesn't go through "because miami wants too much in trade" then i think that's just a smoke screen for the chiefs not wanting to pay surtain his big contract.

sure the chiefs would like to reduce the trade cost to a 4th round pick ... but that's pretty minor next to the 12 million dollar signing bonus that Surtain wants IMO.

bricks
03-31-2005, 01:56 PM
i don't really understand what your saying?

i'm saying the value of the draft pick in trade is secondary to the cost of the contract that surtain wants.

if the trade doesn't go through "because miami wants too much in trade" then i think that's just a smoke screen for the chiefs not wanting to pay surtain his big contract.

sure the chiefs would like to reduce the trade cost to a 4th round pick ... but that's pretty minor next to the 12 million dollar signing bonus that Surtain wants IMO.

Basically, what i mean is, if the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick, would that lead to an increase in the contract demand for Surtain's salary. rather than, if they gave up a 4th rounder, they wouldn't have to pay that much for him? does they both tie in together? Basically, that's what I'm saying. would you happen to know anything about it?

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Basically, what i mean is, if the Chiefs gave up a 2nd round pick, would that lead to an increase in the contract demand for Surtain's salary. rather than, if they gave up a 4th rounder, they wouldn't have to pay that much for him? does they both tie in together? Basically, that's what I'm saying. would you happen to know anything about it?

I don't think the pick we give Miami has one thing to do with Surtain's asking price...

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 02:00 PM

ooooh... nope they have nothing to do with each other

there trade is being negotiated between miami and kansas city

the contract is being negotiated between Patrick surtain and Kansas city.

trade + contract = cost of surtain for the chiefs

2 seperate issues

bricks
03-31-2005, 02:01 PM
ooooh... nope they have nothing to do with each other

there trade is being negotiated between miami and kansas city

the contract is being negotiated between Patrick surtain and Kansas city.

trade + contract = cost of surtain for the chiefs

2 seperate issues

ok thanks :thumb: