PDA

View Full Version : CB needs for teams drafting before us

shaneo69
03-31-2005, 11:23 AM
Here are the teams drafting in front of us, and their current CB starters...

1) SF---Plummer, Rumph; they need another CB, but won't take one here; PROJECTED PICK: Aaron Rodgers

2) Mia---Madison, Poole/Surtain; Fins won't take a CB here; PROJECTED PICK: Ronnie Brown

3) Cleve---Baxter, McCutcheon; Browns won't take a CB here; PROJECTED PICK: Alex Smith

4) Chi---Tillman, Vasher/Azumah; Bears won't take a CB here; PROJECTED PICK: Braylon Edwards

5) TB---Barber, Kelly; Bucs won't take a CB here; PROJECTED PICK: Cadillac Williams

6) Tenn---Woolfolk/Beckham/Waddell/Gardner; Titans could look at Rolle here but they have some promising youngsters already on their roster. After losing Fred Miller to FA and with Brad Hopkins recent arrest, Barron might be their pick. Also, they only have two WR's on their roster, and with Ty Calico coming back from a serious injury, they may want to reunite Mike Williams with Norm Chow to play alongside Drew Bennett; PRLOJECTED PICK: Alex Barron

7) Minn---Smoot, Winfield; Vikes won't take a CB here; PROJECTED PICK: Mike Williams

8) AZ---Macklin, ???; Cards need a CB in a bad way, but probably need a RB worse. And with Cadillac or Benson sitting there, I'm betting Denny goes offense; PROJECTED PICK: Cedric Benson

9) Wash---Springs, Harris; If Rolle is still on the board, I think the Redskins will take him and reunite him with his college teammate Sean Taylor. Pac Man could also be a consideration if the failed drug test was just a rumor. Erasmus James or David Pollack could also be considered here, as the current DE's are Philip Daniels, Demetric Evans, and oft-injured Renaldo Wynn; PROJECTED PICK: Antrel Rolle

10) Det---Bly, Bryant; Lions have adequate CB's, won't take one here. Derrick Johnson would fit in perfect here with Teddy Lehman and Boss Bailey; PROJECTED PICK: Derrick Johnson

11) Dal---Henry, Newman: Cowboys won't take a CB here. Assuming they make the trade for Darren Howard, the Cowboys can start a front 7 of Howard, Ferguson, Ellis, Singleton, Nguyen, B. James, and......; PROJECTED PICK: Shawne Merriman

12) SD---Jammer, Davis/Florence; After having spent previous high picks on secondary, Chargers will bolster their D-line with this pick; PROJECTED PICK: Marcus Spears

13) Hou---Glenn, Robinson; doubtful that Texans would go CB two years in a row; PROJECTED PICK: Travis Johnson

14) Car---Gamble, Lucas; no way Panthers take a CB; PROJECTED PICK: Troy Williamson

15) Chiefs---PROJECTED PICK: Carlos Rogers

bricks
03-31-2005, 11:27 AM
we have a very good chance of getting 1 of the 3, rolle, jones, rodgers, imo.

Chiefnj
03-31-2005, 11:29 AM
I really don't want the Chiefs taking a 5' 9 1/2" corner with the 15 pick. I've seen McLeon lose on so many jump balls the last two years.

nmt1
03-31-2005, 11:30 AM
I like your analysis but I think it's a mistake to assume that the teams in front of us who already look to be set at CB won't take a CB. There are other reasons why they may take a player. Look at the Eagles. Several years ago they had two good veteran corners yet they drafted two or three that year. They were looking at the age and contract status of their current corners.
If a team really likes a guy and thinks he's the best available athlete, they'll take him regardless of his position.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
nice post shane

the drug thing about Jones could really hurt us ... but if it's not true i just don't see how we don't get at least 3rd choice at cornerback.

antrel Rolle
Andrew Jones
Carlos Rogers

1 should be available

chiefz
03-31-2005, 11:32 AM
I still think we will make a move on Surtain or Law prior to the draft.

DeepSouth
03-31-2005, 11:36 AM
I like your analysis but I think it's a mistake to assume that the teams in front of us who already look to be set at CB won't take a CB. There are other reasons why they may take a player. Look at the Eagles. Several years ago they had two good veteran corners yet they drafted two or three that year. They were looking at the age and contract status of their current corners.
If a team really likes a guy and thinks he's the best available athlete, they'll take him regardless of his position.
You are correct. I seem to remember a team took Larry Johnson even though they already had a pretty good RB on their roster.

nmt1
03-31-2005, 12:14 PM
You are correct. I seem to remember a team took Larry Johnson even though they already had a pretty good RB on their roster.

Well Priest was injured so it kind of made sense at the time. I didn't bring that up though because it's still a subject that causes fits and rants around here.

StcChief
03-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Even if we get Surtain or Law. If a CB is there Carl needs to consider it. The D isn't good.

HipHopper4Life
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
I think there's a pretty good chance that Arizona finalizes the Travis Henry trade. Arizona and Washington both take corners here IMO. A wild card to also consider is Parcells and Dallas supposedly loves Antrell Rolle as a free safety prospect, which would allow them to play Roy Williams close to the line as a SS.

I think there's a very good chance that someone like Justin Miller come into play for us at 15.

Frankie
03-31-2005, 12:54 PM
I really don't want the Chiefs taking a 5' 9 1/2" corner with the 15 pick. I've seen McLeon lose on so many jump balls the last two years.
That's why, as fast as pac-man Jones is supposed to be, I like Rogers a lot better.

Ari Chi3fs
03-31-2005, 12:56 PM
If Derrick Johnson falls to Detroit, id prefer us to trade up... BTJM

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:01 PM
If Derrick Johnson falls to Detroit, id prefer us to trade up... BTJM

We won't have enough to get that done, because we don't have a 3rd (that we can trade) and Miami will be using our 2nd-rounder.

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:02 PM
I think there's a pretty good chance that Arizona finalizes the Travis Henry trade. Arizona and Washington both take corners here IMO. A wild card to also consider is Parcells and Dallas supposedly loves Antrell Rolle as a free safety prospect, which would allow them to play Roy Williams close to the line as a SS.

I think there's a very good chance that someone like Justin Miller come into play for us at 15.

I don't have a problem with picking Justin Miller, but I think we could trade down and still get him.

bricks
03-31-2005, 01:48 PM
We won't have enough to get that done, because we don't have a 3rd (that we can trade) and Miami will be using our 2nd-rounder.

you make it seem like the Surtain trade fell through ROFL...The big word is IF, IF we are smart enough to make the trade for Surtain, then i can buy your statement. the 3rd rounder is understandable we can't trade it, because it is a compensatory pick. I still think it is possible to get DJ at #10, if he falls that low, trade next years first rounder? :shrug:

htismaqe
03-31-2005, 01:54 PM
you make it seem like the Surtain trade fell through ROFL...The big word is IF, IF we are smart enough to make the trade for Surtain, then i can buy your statement. the 3rd rounder is understandable we can't trade it, because it is a compensatory pick. I still think it is possible to get DJ at #10, if he falls that low, trade next years first rounder? :shrug:

Sorry, but there's no way I would trade picks next year and I honestly feel that we'll get Surtain right before the draft, the same as what happened with Green.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 01:54 PM
it is possible to get DJ at #10, if he falls that low, trade next years first rounder? :shrug:

don't like the thought of trading next year's 1st rounder ... that's an awfully high price to move up 5 spots.

kinda why i wanted hartwell so much ... linebackers are alot thinner than cornerbacks in this draft.

sign hartwell, draft Best available cornerback ...

getting derrick johnson is serious longshot

bricks
03-31-2005, 01:59 PM
don't like the thought of trading next year's 1st rounder ... that's an awfully high price to move up 5 spots.

kinda why i wanted hartwell so much ... linebackers are alot thinner than cornerbacks in this draft.

sign hartwell, draft Best available cornerback ...

getting derrick johnson is serious longshot

He's the best linebacker out there right now. Even with FA and draft. He's the best imo. Get Surtain and Johnson? Imagine that? 2 of the best players available to our team that is in dire need at CB, and OLB.

Mr. Laz
03-31-2005, 02:31 PM
He's the best linebacker out there right now. Even with FA and draft. He's the best imo. Get Surtain and Johnson? Imagine that? 2 of the best players available to our team that is in dire need at CB, and OLB.
true ... we need him

i just wish we would of dealt with it earlier so we wouldn't have to overpay so much now.