PDA

View Full Version : We're under attack!

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Dinosaurs! Run for your lives! (http://www.netdisaster.com/go.php?mode=dino&url=http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)

DenverChief
03-31-2005, 01:56 PM
:whackit:

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 01:57 PM
That would be one odd looking F-14. I mean the giant head and tiny arms. The cockpit would look ridiculous.

Dave Lane
03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Pretty cool. I actually think Go Chiefs must have grown up or something I actually like his current incarnation.

Dave

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 03:29 PM
That would be one odd looking F-14. I mean the giant head and tiny arms. The cockpit would look ridiculous.

You're just humancentric.

Skip Towne
03-31-2005, 03:34 PM
You're just humancentric.
Well, if I remember right, you're a cowist.

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Well, if I remember right, you're a cowist.

Bull.

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Now that I look at the picture more, it looks more like the plane is shaped pretty normal. That would be one huge F-14. How much would an F-14 big enough to fit inside it cost? How would it take off from carriers? How would a t-rex fly it anyways? I thought they were pretty stupid. Build a giant billion dollar F-14 for some t-rex then the first time he takes off for battle the retarded dinosaur is just going to fly into a mountain or something. The more I examine this idea the more impractical it sounds.

Why not just get some raptors to fly F-14s. They are pretty normal sized and clever girls as well.

Simplex3
03-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Now that I look at the picture more, it looks more like the plane is shaped pretty normal. That would be one huge F-14. How much would an F-14 big enough to fit inside it cost? How would it take off from carriers? How would a t-rex fly it anyways? I thought they were pretty stupid. Build a giant billion dollar F-14 for some t-rex then the first time he takes off for battle the retarded dinosaur is just going to fly into a mountain or something. The more I examine this idea the more impractical it sounds.

Why not just get some raptors to fly F-14s. They are pretty normal sized and clever girls as well.
I wish I could find an image to express the following:

You've given this waaaaay too much thought!

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 03:56 PM
I wish I could find an image to express the following:

You've given this waaaaay too much thought!

Whatever :rolleyes:

Elite units of Raptor pilots will forever change warfare as we know it.

Simplex3
03-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Whatever :rolleyes:

Elite units of Raptor pilots will forever change warfare as we know it.
We don't have planes that crash before takeoff now?

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 04:04 PM
It appears that beer baron is more right than he knows. A raptor would be more well equipped to pilot any aircraft. While the T-Rex had only two fingers, the raptor had three.

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Now that I look at the picture more, it looks more like the plane is shaped pretty normal. That would be one huge F-14. How much would an F-14 big enough to fit inside it cost?

My guess would be about $112 million. But really, that's pretty reasonable compared to the cost of finding and training T-Rex pilots.

How would it take off from carriers?

Steam-powered catapult, maybe with a little fake cow on a rail that runs ahead of the plane to keep the T-Rex on the throttle.

How would a t-rex fly it anyways?

Aggressively.

I thought they were pretty stupid. Build a giant billion dollar F-14 for some t-rex then the first time he takes off for battle the retarded dinosaur is just going to fly into a mountain or something. The more I examine this idea the more impractical it sounds.

That's what they said about Edison.

Why not just get some raptors to fly F-14s. They are pretty normal sized and clever girls as well. [/QUOTE]

What's going to scare you more if you're some Iranian (sorry, Frankie) in a tank? Seeing an F-14 with a T-Rex pilot bearing down on you, or seeing an F-14 with a raptor pilot? Go big or go home.

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 04:05 PM
We don't have planes that crash before takeoff now?

Are you insinuating that raptors can't fly planes? Care to show your sources for your crackpot claims?

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 04:06 PM
I'd pay good money for a 14x11 oil painting of a T-Rex piloting an F-14. Or maybe just a desktop sized picture. Surely there must be a market for these things.

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Are you insinuating that raptors can't fly planes? Care to show your sources for your crackpot claims?

Hey, you're making the equally absurd claim that they're better pilots than T-Rexes. You have no evidence of that, and in fact, I would bet that psychological studies show that a typical T-Rex has a better mindset for piloting than a raptor.

And don't get hung up on that two-finger/three-finger thing. If Jim Abbott can be a major league pitcher, a T-Rex can be an F-14 pilot.

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 04:09 PM
I'd pay good money for a 14x11 oil painting of a T-Rex piloting an F-14. Or maybe just a desktop sized picture. Surely there must be a market for these things.

Rats. I have one for sale, but it's only a 13x10.

Simplex3
03-31-2005, 04:11 PM
Here's Bucky:

http://dndfiles.dfxwebs.com/gfx/raptor.jpg

Here's Bucky's test flight:

http://growabrain.typepad.com/growabrain/images/plane_crash.jpg

Any questions?

Hydrae
03-31-2005, 04:13 PM
:LOL: It must be REALLY slow around here today.

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 04:15 PM
My guess would be about $112 million. But really, that's pretty reasonable compared to the cost of finding and training T-Rex pilots.

Steam-powered catapult, maybe with a little fake cow on a rail that runs ahead of the plane to keep the T-Rex on the throttle.

Aggressively.

That's what they said about Edison.

What's going to scare you more if you're some Iranian (sorry, Frankie) in a tank? Seeing an F-14 with a T-Rex pilot bearing down on you, or seeing an F-14 with a raptor pilot? Go big or go home.[/QUOTE]

Once it becomes known that those damn hotshot T-Rexes veer into mountains or a nearby field within half a minute of taking off I don't think the Iranians will be too scared.

The T-Rex is a solitary creature anyways. How are we going to train them to work as a group? I can just picture it now. We finally manage to get some T-Rexes that can actually successfully not fly into mountains and what do they do the first time they are ordered to fly in formation? They attack each other, of course. Billions of dollars down the drain because those damn T-Rexes couldn't stand having another F-14 piloting T-Rex in its territory.

On the other hand we have raptors. Sure they are relatively small, but they are crafty. They work well in groups, often using ambush style tactics that surprise foes that are even quite familiar with them.

I bet you could field a whole squadron of F-14s piloted by raptors for the cost of a single gigantic F-14 piloted by a T-Rex. I don't think China would ever invade Taiwan if they knew there were hordes of raptors in F-14s just licking their chops at the opportunity for warfare.

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Hey, you're making the equally absurd claim that they're better pilots than T-Rexes. You have no evidence of that, and in fact, I would bet that psychological studies show that a typical T-Rex has a better mindset for piloting than a raptor.

And don't get hung up on that two-finger/three-finger thing. If Jim Abbott can be a major league pitcher, a T-Rex can be an F-14 pilot.

Haven't you ever seen Jurassic Park? They can open doors!

Hydrae
03-31-2005, 04:22 PM
The heck with this, just strap some Patriot missiles to the wings of some Pteradons and have at it!

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
I bet you could field a whole squadron of F-14s piloted by raptors for the cost of a single gigantic F-14 piloted by a T-Rex. I don't think China would ever invade Taiwan if they knew there were hordes of raptors in F-14s just licking their chops at the opportunity for warfare.

That doctrine was what China used in the Korean War. It didn't work then and it won't work now. You want high-quality platforms, and if you have a high-quality platform you want it to be piloted by the most fearsome carnivore to ever inhabit the earth. It just makes sense.

Simplex3
03-31-2005, 04:47 PM
That doctrine was what China used in the Korean War. It didn't work then and it won't work now. You want high-quality platforms, and if you have a high-quality platform you want it to be piloted by the most fearsome carnivore to ever inhabit the earth. It just makes sense.
Shouldn't we be checking the "How fat are you thread" looking for the most fearsome carnivore on earth?

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Shouldn't we be checking the "How fat are you thread" looking for the most fearsome carnivore on earth?

Slightly off topic, but I received an honor of sorts the other day. Biologists identified me as the greatest natural enemy of the M&M.

Simplex3
03-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Slightly off topic, but I received an honor of sorts the other day. Biologists identified me as the greatest natural enemy of the M&M.
If I wasn't tested it isn't official.

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
I never dreamed this thread would be so amazing. And really, it's all due to my sig.

You people did click the link, right?

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 05:50 PM
MY GOD! You mean there's a link, too?!?!

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 05:51 PM
MY GOD! You mean there's a link, too?!?!

I have ESP.

4th and Long
03-31-2005, 05:52 PM
I have ESP.
I have ESPN.

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 05:55 PM

<---------Tyrannosaurs in F-14's!! Now with EXTREME animated action!

go bowe
03-31-2005, 06:01 PM
I have ESPN.hey, quit bragging...

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
hey, quit bragging...

I have ESPN2!!!

4th and Long
03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
hey, quit bragging...
I have ESPN2.

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
I have ESPN2.

OH! OH! WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

go bowe
03-31-2005, 06:04 PM
yo, clay man...

i found a smilie for ya: http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/lsvader.gif

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:09 PM
yo, clay man...

i found a smilie for ya: http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/lsvader.gif

I'm surprised you know my name...but yes that is rad.

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm surprised you know my name...but yes that is rad.

I must say, Yo is a pretty cool name.

4th and Long
03-31-2005, 06:11 PM
OH! OH! WHO'S YOUR DADDY?
The day you can meet me on the streets and beat my ass bare handed, one on one, is the day you can make that claim.

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4868/box27dg.gif

The only reason you beat me to the punch on that reply is because I was eating the last few spoonfulls of mac n cheese I made for dinner.

Damn you anyway.

:p

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:12 PM
The day you can meet me on the streets and beat my ass bare handed, one on one, is the day you can make that claim.

http://img66.exs.cx/img66/4868/box27dg.gif

The only reason you beat me to the punch on that reply is because I was eating the last few spoonfulls of mac n cheese I made for dinner.

Damn you anyway.

:p

Down here in internet land that is what we refer to as being PWNED!!!

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:13 PM
I must say, Yo is a pretty cool name.

That's not my name. You IDIOT!

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 06:19 PM
That's not my name. You IDIOT!

That's not my name, Yo.

4th and Long
03-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Down here in internet land that is what we refer to as being PWNED!!!
So noted. BTW, you need to put a disclaimer above your avatar that states it may induce epileptic seizures. :eek:

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:21 PM
That's not my name, Yo.

STOP CALLING ME YO OR I RIP YOUR POLL BRAIN OUT!

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:21 PM
So noted. BTW, you need to put a disclaimer above your avatar that states it may induce epileptic seizures. :eek:

Hehe. EXXXXTREME!

Rain Man
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
STOP CALLING ME YO OR I RIP YOUR POLL BRAIN OUT!

So No Yo? Whoa.

Count Zarth
03-31-2005, 06:25 PM
So No Yo? Whoa.

Go Blow Joe. Ho.

Bowser
03-31-2005, 08:23 PM
*obligatory*

WTF is going on here?

beer bacon
03-31-2005, 08:31 PM
*obligatory*

WTF is going on here?

We were having an intellectual discussion about dinosaurs flying airplanes, but it has since devolved into this infantile diarrhea of the keyboard that you see.

go bowe
03-31-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised you know my name...but yes that is rad.[creepy music]you vould be surprized how much vee know about you... heh heh heh...[/music]

go bowe
03-31-2005, 09:16 PM
So No Yo? Whoa.:clap: :clap: :clap:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pants
03-31-2005, 09:22 PM