PDA

View Full Version : So there was this ad for BBC World News on PBS...

Ultra Peanut
03-31-2005, 09:02 PM
And it had "Firestarter" (I think) by Prodigy playing in the background, and started out with depressing stuff like police in battle gear and stuff being set on fire and starving children, then switched to shots of various world events, some depressing, some not so depressing. It ended with a little promo, and that was it.

I found myself suddenly wishing it had been some sort of thirty-minute or hour-long "highlight" video chock full of depressing images from all around the globe with the appropriate sort of music playing in the background. Dunno why, but I'd sort of be down with that at the moment.

I should probably go to bed and have some sort of traumatic, "I'm never going to sleep again" nightmare now.

Rausch
03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
I see you've rented "Requiem For A Dream."

JimNasium
04-01-2005, 08:09 AM
And it had "Firestarter" (I think) by Prodigy playing in the background, and started out with depressing stuff like police in battle gear and stuff being set on fire and starving children, then switched to shots of various world events, some depressing, some not so depressing. It ended with a little promo, and that was it.

I found myself suddenly wishing it had been some sort of thirty-minute or hour-long "highlight" video chock full of depressing images from all around the globe with the appropriate sort of music playing in the background. Dunno why, but I'd sort of be down with that at the moment.

I should probably go to bed and have some sort of traumatic, "I'm never going to sleep again" nightmare now.
This post didn't really go the way that you had originally envisioned did it? When are you going to realize that we don't respond to this type of imaginative garbage? Memphis people really suck.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I just like spewing onto all of you. You're all really handy, in that respect. Veritable spew-buckets, you are.

JimNasium
04-01-2005, 08:28 AM
I just like spewing onto all of you. You're all really handy, in that respect. Veritable spew-buckets, you are.
Eeeewwww spew.