Braincase
04-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Link Please

Saulbadguy
Shenanigans!

AirForceChief
Pretend I'm in the desert with no access to ESPN at the moment...help a brother out for cripes sake!

ENDelt260
Link Please
We still haven't mastered the linking to TV technology, tommykat.

NewChief
04-01-2005, 10:06 AM
If this is false, I predict that your rep will be dramatically more red soon.

Wrasse
espn new reporting check it out for yourself
Is this radio or in print...linkage?

|Zach|
Chiefs | Deal Reached with Surtain; Must Now Deal with Dolphins - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 07:01:28 -0800

Alex Marvez and Ethan Skolnick, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the Kansas City Chiefs and CB Patrick Surtain have agreed in principle on a multi-year contract extension, which includes an eight-digit signing bonus. However, the Chiefs now have to work out a trade with the Miami Dolphins to acquire him. The Chiefs are reportedly offering a fourth-round pick, while the Dolphins are looking for a selection in the first three rounds of the NFL Draft. Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said the team will not compromise when it comes to their asking price for him.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Chiefs | Deal Reached with Surtain; Must Now Deal with Dolphins - from www.KFFL.com

Alex Marvez and Ethan Skolnick, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the Kansas City Chiefs and CB Patrick Surtain have agreed in principle on a multi-year contract extension, which includes an eight-digit signing bonus. However, the Chiefs now have to work out a trade with the Miami Dolphins to acquire him. The Chiefs are reportedly offering a fourth-round pick, while the Dolphins are looking for a selection in the first three rounds of the NFL Draft. Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said the team will not compromise when it comes to their asking price for him.

You have to scroll down a lil with that link.

BigChiefFan
It's legit. It's the same thing Lattimer was saying. We agreed in PRICINPLE, but we still need Miami to accept a trade before this is official.

Cochise
Neg for a surtain traded thread with no link.

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 10:09 AM
How can you agree to deal a deal with a team that does not have you on their team.

Mr. Kotter

We already have two or three threads on this...

deadbabyseal
Kill the Infidel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Kotter
How can you agree to deal a deal with a team that does not have you on their team.

Key words: "in principle"

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 10:10 AM
We already have two or three threads on this...
Ah, I just logged on and saw this thread then check KFFL.

chief4life
its on espn news tracker turn it to there that is the link :thumb:

alanm
No Joke Guys!!!! I just saw it flashed on espn News. :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap:

jspchief
04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
I thought Chief4life abandoned the Chiefs...

He must be a Dolphins fan now :shake:

ENDelt260
04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Is this radio or in print...linkage?
Is it not common knowledge that ESPNews is a cable TV network?

I would've figured that on a sports-oriented site most members would be aware of this.

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I thought Chief4life abandoned the Chiefs...

He must be a Dolphins fan now :shake:
Oh ya....

I forgot about that. ROFL

Saulbadguy
04-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Most of us don't have access to a television while at work.

Boyceofsummer
04-01-2005, 10:13 AM
It's April 1st.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM

I would've figured that on a sports-oriented site most members would be aware of this.
Well... A lot of people here drink alcohol and whatever else is available. :)

Bob Dole
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM

loosersack. Bob Dole can see 4 televisions from his desk.

Wrasse
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM

They also have a web site...thus the question. Both are news sources.

Cochise
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
No Joke Guys!!!! I just saw it flashed on espn News. :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap: :thumb: :clap:

I wouldn't think you would be a lamer and go along with the 'joke'... could it be true? :hmmm:

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I verified it with my own eyeballs Saul. It's the honest injun truth!!!

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't think you would be a lamer and go along with the 'joke'... could it be true? :hmmm:
I'm watching espn news and it's right there on the tracker!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Cochise
04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm watching espn news and it's right there on the tracker!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Oh yeah, what exactly does it say, word for word?

Kclee
04-01-2005, 10:19 AM
They also have a web site...thus the question. Both are news sources.

And I'm listening to ESPN news over the internet and can not 'see' the news scrolling at the bottom. No mention yet if this is true.

jspchief
04-01-2005, 10:19 AM
The ESPN News ticker says that the Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with Surtain contigent on POTENTIAL trade with Miami.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
One should look at the CP front page before reposting a topic that is currently being discussed. :shake:

Brock
04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
The ESPN News ticker says that the Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with the Dolphins contigent on them completing a trade with Miami.

so we dont got surtain no joke

unlurking
04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
The ESPN News ticker says that the Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with the Dolphins contigent on them completing a trade with Miami.
yep, just saw that

vckcchiefs04
NOT NEW NEWS.............. This was announced this morning, we know Surtain and the Chiefs agree, let us know when the Dolphins agree to a trade! :cuss:

Cochise
The ESPN News ticker says that the Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with the Dolphins contigent on POTENTIAL trade with Miami.

That's what I thought. Scramble the neg rep bomber squadron.

DaKCMan AP
It says exactly what we know from the report this morning. NOthing new. Agreed with Surtain, need to complete compensation with Miami.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh yeah, what exactly does it say, word for word?
It says "Chiefs and CB Patrick Surtain agree in principal on contract. contingent on trade" So the deal is done all they have to do is finagle on what the Chiefs are going to give up.

Wrasse
04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
The ESPN News ticker says that the Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with the Dolphins contigent on POTENTIAL trade with Miami.
Meh...figured...

Thanks for posting that.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 10:24 AM
espn new reporting check it out for yourself

Here comes the daggers ! ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 10:24 AM
i just saw teh espn tracker message too...

there hasn't been any trade made ... it says the same thing that the other story says.

surtain and chiefs agree to contract, but the phin and chiefs haven't agreed to a trade price yet.

somebody needs to learn how to read :cuss:

neg (nuthook) rep :mad:

siberian khatru
04-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but if this is true, does it represent a concession by the Dolphins? Hadn't they insisted that we couldn't talk to Surtain about a contract until the two teams first agreed on compensation?

Cochise
ROFL he's 3 in the red now ROFL

Keep it coming!! :LOL:

Mark M
chiefs4life has reached bottom. Please consider suicidal options.

Well ... that didn't take long.

MM
~~ROFL

vckcchiefs04
04-01-2005, 10:28 AM
:bang: chiefs4life

jspchief
04-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but if this is true, does it represent a concession by the Dolphins? Hadn't they insisted that we couldn't talk to Surtain about a contract until the two teams first agreed on compensation?

I don't think so. I thought the Dolphins gave Surtain permission to seek a trade a while back. It seems like it would be more difficult to reach the player contract agreement than the the trade agreement, so it only makes sense to let teams figure out if they can even afford him before they start worrying about actually making the trade.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Hell yea!! It means that all they need to do is haggle out what draft picks the Chiefs are going to give up and the deal is done and Surtain signs on the dotted line. :thumb:

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 10:31 AM

it's not true... chiefs4life just doesn't know how to read.

btw - they had given surtain permission to seek a trade which i would think includes the ability to talke about a new contract in some form or fashion.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't think so. I thought the Dolphins gave Surtain permission to seek a trade a while back. It seems like it would be more difficult to reach the player contract agreement than the the trade agreement, so it only makes sense to let teams figure out if they can even afford him before they start worrying about actually making the trade.
No!! It means that the Dolphins have agreed to the trade. Sutains cool with the contract and is ready to sign. Now all the Chiefs and Dolphins have to do is haggle over what draft picks the Chiefs will hand over.

BigRedChief
04-01-2005, 10:33 AM
nothing new here. A frigging false alarm. So who's going to pay the wrath of stirring up the hornets nest?

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
No!! It means that the Dolphins have agreed to the trade. Sutains cool with the contract and is ready to sign. Now all the Chiefs and Dolphins have to do is haggle over what draft picks the Chiefs will hand over.

no it doesn't ... the dolphins have NOT agreed to a trade

but i would say the the biggest hurdle has been passed. now we see if the chiefs can get surtain for less than this year's 2nd rounder.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:36 AM
nothing new here. A frigging false alarm. So who's going to pay the wrath of stirring up the hornets nest?
What it means is that Surtain and his sleazy agent have agreed on the Contract and is ready to sign and the Fins and Chiefs are now haggling over what draft picks to surrender.

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Juxtaposition anyone?

jspchief
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
No it doesn't. It's the exact same news we had this morning.

All it means is that we have reached an agreement with Surtain and can sign him IF we work out a deal with Miami. Miami has given no indication that it's going to happen at this point.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM

but i would say the the biggest hurdle has been passed. now we see if the chiefs can get surtain for less than this year's 2nd rounder.

That's why I'm excited.

The draft pick thing never really bothered me. Carl will find a way to get that done - he's traded high picks before for guys like McGlockton, Montana, and Green.

It was the money I was worried about, and that "8-digit" line makes me want to yell "**** YEAH!"

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Juxtaposition anyone?
hehe for real ... ROFL

i think he's a little excited ... i just hope he doesn't get to carried away and start humping the leg of the mail carrier or something.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM

Well technically at this very moment. But they are in the haggling stage at this moment. Well.. they could be at lunch at the moment. But it sounds like they are hammering out the deal today.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
hehe for real ... ROFL

i think he's a little excited ... i just hope he doesn't get to carried away and start humping the leg of mail carrier or something.

ROFL

jspchief
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Well technically at this very moment. But they are in the haggling stage at this moment. Well.. they could be at lunch at the moment. But it sounds like they are hammering out the deal today.

If KC is as intent on keeping their 2nd as Miami is on getting a 2nd, then we won't get anywhere, and this news is worthless.

I'll wait until it's done for real before I order my jersey...

DaKCMan AP
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM

IIRC, the phins refused to let us give a physical and our docs to take a look.

TRR
04-01-2005, 10:45 AM
To be honest, I don't really think this means anything. So we've agreed on a contract...Great. However, the Fins can choose what type of compensation is right for them, and if the Fins don't like Peterson's offer, then they won't trade Surtain.

alanm
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
If KC is as intent on keeping their 2nd as Miami is on getting a 2nd, then we won't get anywhere, and this news is worthless.

I'll wait until it's done for real before I order my jersey...
Surtains ready to sign. The Dolphins want our 2nd. What's the f*cking holdup Carl. :cuss: What it really means is that Surtain has agreed to a deal with the Chiefs.

Cochise
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
OMG I heardz we traded for Deion n Deacon Jonez n TO too OMgz11``

Spicy McHaggis
04-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Shenanigans!

"I swear to God, I'll pistol-whip the next guy who says shenanigans!!!"

BigChiefFan
04-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I don't know how some don't consider this a good thing. If he has agreed in principle, all we have to do is give Miami compensation and he is ours. The article even states they are willing to accept a 3rd rounder. Like I said, several times now, trade down with our 2nd rounder and give them a low 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder, depending on where we trade down. We already know they want a 2nd or 3rd rounder and they are willing to let him go. It's not like we don't know what the compensation is. I know it's popular to bag on Carl(I know, I know I've don't it alot myself), but believe it or not, this isn't his first dance.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 11:30 AM
IIRC, the phins refused to let us give a physical and our docs to take a look.

I would have to say it would be VERY uncharacteristic of Carl to give an 8-digit SB to someone without our doctors checking him out.

Especially, when that player has been rumored to have knee problems.

Mark M
04-01-2005, 11:32 AM
I would have to say it would be VERY uncharacteristic of Carl to give an 8-digit SB to someone ...

Especially when you consider what cheap bastards Carl and Lamar are ...

MM
~~;)

jspchief
04-01-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't know how some don't consider this a good thing.

I've yet to see someone say it's not a good thing. IMO, it's one of the two hurdles we had to clear in aquiring Surtain.

Problem is, clearing the first hurdle is pretty worthless if you still can't finish the race.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 11:38 AM
I would have to say it would be VERY uncharacteristic of Carl to give an 8-digit SB to someone without our doctors checking him out.

i'm sure any trade and any contract would be contingent on Surtain passing the team physical.

if the dolphin won't allow a physical than they are just being silly. But trades have been negated before because other teams have done the same thing. :shrug:

Brock
04-01-2005, 11:38 AM

The guy has had multiple knee surgeries. I certainly hope they did their homework.

BigChiefFan
04-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I've yet to see someone say it's not a good thing. IMO, it's one of the two hurdles we had to clear in aquiring Surtain.

Problem is, clearing the first hurdle is pretty worthless if you still can't finish the race.
What I was implying is there is alot of skeptisism on us landing Surtain and that is why I said some don't see this as a good thing. Should have worded it better, but there definitely is alot of skeptisism about this getting done and I see the biggest hurdle over with. I see it as just a matter of time, before he is ours. He agreed to become a Chief. Now we just haggle with the fins and come to an agreement. That's the easy part.

Hoover
04-01-2005, 11:44 AM
it was on the bottom line on ESPN news over lunch

PHOG
04-01-2005, 11:47 AM
i'm sure any trade and any contract would be contingent on Surtain passing the team physical.

if the dolphin won't allow a physical than they are just being silly. But trades have been negated before because other teams have done the same thing. :shrug:

Ok, then how would this affect a draft day trade? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 11:51 AM
Ok, then how would this affect a draft day trade? :hmmm:

it would screw it up

if the phins won't allow a physical before the actual trade then it's possible that they could use our (traded) draft pick and then have to give us a draft pick back ... next year i would assume.

i don't know if we would have the option of taking the player they selected WITH that pick or not.

would be a cluster f*ck

might be why we are seeing some movement now ... because they want to get surtain in for a physical before the draft so that we will get it back in time to use it, if something should go wrong.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 11:54 AM
it would screw it up

if the phins won't allow a physical before the actual trade then it's possible that they could use our (traded) draft pick and then have to give us a draft pick back ... next year i would assume.

i don't know if we would have the option of taking the player they selected WITH that pick or not.

would be a cluster f*ck

might be why we are seeing some movement now ... because they want to get surtain in for a physical before the draft so that we will get it back in time to use it, if something should go wrong.

You're right, I never thought of the conditional trade thing. It does happen.

It doesn't have to be a cluster ****. The Dolphins and Carl would just have to negotiate a deal that includes a contigency plan if he doesn't pass a physical.

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 11:56 AM
It's true.........PBJ I just saw it on espn...if the dolphins agree to the deal. You don't need a tv.....go to espn.com and check it out......PBJ

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
It's true.........PBJ I just saw it on espn...if the dolphins agree to the deal. You don't need a tv.....go to espn.com and check it out......PBJ
*sigh*

PHOG
04-01-2005, 11:58 AM
it would screw it up

would be a cluster f*ck

Saban=Teh Devil? :fire: :evil:

I hadn't thought about this scenario before, it would definately be AFU..

We better get something done before DD.. :hmmm:

Kerberos
04-01-2005, 12:00 PM

I'm pretty sure we all know that we have come to a deal with Surtain .... That is NOT the question here ...

It is the THREAD that says WE GOT HIM.... We DON't have him ... we just have a pending deal with him and NOTHING more.

Pending is the draft choice Miami wants for his ass.

:banghead:

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 12:02 PM
It doesn't have to be a cluster ****. The Dolphins and Carl would just have to negotiate a deal that includes a contigency plan if he doesn't pass a physical.

ya... but there's not much a contigency plan could do about our 2nd round draft pick that the dolphins would already have used by the time Surtain fails the physical.

potientially the dolphins could have our 2nd round pick AND surtain for this year.

just lose their 2nd round pick next year, while jacking us around.

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 12:08 PM
*sigh*

;)

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty sure we all know that we have come to a deal with Surtain .... That is NOT the question here ...

It is the THREAD that says WE GOT HIM.... We DON't have him ... we just have a pending deal with him and NOTHING more.

:rolleyes:

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
:rolleyes:
What are you rolling your eyes for...he is explaining the situation as it is...

Mark M
04-01-2005, 12:12 PM

She's just trying to save this thread from dying, and we should all thank her for doing so.

MM
~~rochambeau

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 12:13 PM
i think alot of posts are just simply beyond her comprehension

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 12:15 PM
i think alot of posts are just simply beyond her comprehension
Its incredible...

I read some posts and I get to a point where I say "there is no way one of her posts that show lack of understanding of very simple things will amaze me"

Sure enough the next day... ROFL

buddha
04-01-2005, 12:16 PM
The bottom line is this...the player and the Chiefs are on the same page. Now, KC has to finesse a deal with Miami. It can be done. There are future draft picks that could be dealt, there are players that could be dealt. KC would not have invested this amount of time if the deal COULDN'T get done. Saban is posturing right now.

Logical
04-01-2005, 12:16 PM

I neg repped Chiefs4life for this deceptive thread. Torture is warranted I tell you, vicious and horrible torture.

Logical
04-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Don't be a Jackass Carl give up the 2nd, you will only waste it anyway.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Its incredible...

I read some posts and I get to a point where I say "there is no way one of her posts that show lack of understanding of very simple things will amaze me"

yeppers...

it's like looking a person with one of the vacuous smiles on their face.

your just not quite sure how dim the light bulb really is until they say something.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Don't be a Jackass Carl give up the 2nd, you will only waste it anyway.
man, i hope we get them to settle for a 2nd next year instead

:clap:

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 12:30 PM
ya... but there's not much a contigency plan could do about our 2nd round draft pick that the dolphins would already have used by the time Surtain fails the physical.

potientially the dolphins could have our 2nd round pick AND surtain for this year.

just lose their 2nd round pick next year, while jacking us around.

Yes, there's little chance the contingency plan would address the issue this year.

But it doesn't have to be one-sided.

For instance, we could do a Wellbourn-type deal where we get their FIRST next year if anything goes wrong.

BigChiefFan
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Don't be a Jackass Carl give up the 2nd, you will only waste it anyway.Jim, I really respect your takes on the board, however I'm confused as to why you want Carl to just give up the farm for Surtain, when we could likely improve the situation by trading down in the 2nd and land additional picks plus gain Surtain in a trade. I'm all for Surtain, but you have to admit we are better served if we can pull off landing Surtain and be getting a pick/s back. We have a great 2nd round pick this year and the draft is supposed to have great value well into the 2nd round. I think the FO is playing their cards right.

I take some solice in knowing that we have known what the asking price was for Surtain and we still negotiated a new contract that he has AGREED to. Don't fret, we'll get Surtain.

keg in kc
04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Oh, you really got me there. "no joke" was just a masturstroke. Pure genious.

WebGem
04-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Maybe since Miami wants a top 3 rounder, KC is looking to get a 3rd rounder and something for their 2nd and then use that for Surtain.

petegz28
04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Try and get Surtain without giving up the 2nd round pick. However give it up if you have too. Surtain is more valuable than anything we are going to draft in the 2nd round.

WebGem
04-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Try and get Surtain without giving up the 2nd round pick. However give it up if you have too. Surtain is more valuable than anything we are going to draft in the 2nd round.
Obviously.

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 01:18 PM
man, i hope we get them to settle for a 2nd next year instead

:clap:

2nd next year and a 5th and or a 6th this year. DO IT CARL.

WebGem
04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
How is this not done?

WebGem
04-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I am not eating until we have Patrick Surtain.

Nightfyre
04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
I am not eating until we have Patrick Surtain.
you might starve to death. but that would increase my odds in the fantasy baseball.

HolmeZz
04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
you might starve to death. but that would increase my odds in the fantasy baseball.

Then it's a win/win. ;)

WebGem
04-01-2005, 01:38 PM
No, I am supposed to be going to Rock Bottom with some friends tonight. I am confident I will be eating.

WebGem
04-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Then it's a win/win. ;)
No it's not. Because the Chiefs wouldn't have Surtain.

HolmeZz
04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Could still complete a trade once you've kicked the bucket.

ENDelt260
04-01-2005, 01:40 PM
No, I am supposed to be going to Rock Bottom with some friends tonight. I am confident I will be eating.
That name is funny on a number of levels. I mean... a brewpub, named "Rock Bottom"? I wonder how many people in AA hit "rock bottom" at Rock Bottom.

It just doesn't seem like a name you'd want to associate with an establishment whose focus is alcohol sales.

HolmeZz
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Or a Funeral Home.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 02:08 PM

:bravo:

Exactly. TRY to get him for less. If it doesn't happen, go ahead and give them the 2nd.

I honestly don't think Miami will take anything less than a 2nd. We should trade down to recoup picks and give them a pick at the END of the 2nd...

Logical
04-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Jim, I really respect your takes on the board, however I'm confused as to why you want Carl to just give up the farm for Surtain, when we could likely improve the situation by trading down in the 2nd and land additional picks plus gain Surtain in a trade. I'm all for Surtain, but you have to admit we are better served if we can pull off landing Surtain and be getting a pick/s back. We have a great 2nd round pick this year and the draft is supposed to have great value well into the 2nd round. I think the FO is playing their cards right.

I take some solice in knowing that we have known what the asking price was for Surtain and we still negotiated a new contract that he has AGREED to. Don't fret, we'll get Surtain.

The answer is simple, Carl is not capable of successfully pulling off what you desire. He will likely blow this deal by trying to do something he thinks is smart and he will waste the 2nd round pick on someone who could have been drafted in the 4th round anyway. Someone who will by history never pan out.

You are talking a relatively young multiyear Pro Bowl CB for a 2nd rounder. On almost any team I would say that was a good deal. For Carl I would say it was a complete steal. Carl getting a steal is about as rare as things happen.

Take the deal Carl.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM
We should try and trade them our 2nd and 4th round picks for Surtain and their 3rd. They pick at the beginning of the round, it's almost like a 2nd rounder.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
We should try and trade them our 2nd and 4th round picks for Surtain and their 3rd. They pick at the beginning of the round, it's almost like a 2nd rounder.

That's a reasonable thought. Wanna bet Carl hasn't considered it?

DAMN, IT....Carl!!! :cuss:

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Its incredible...

good gosh....you must look like a freak carrying that big ole massive head around..........ROFL

So tell me.....who appointed you the know it all of EVERYTHING in the world......:rolleyes:

And the rolling eyes.....that's what I do to my 18 year old son when he says something immature......:rolleyes:

ROFL

Lzen
04-01-2005, 03:00 PM
The answer is simple, Carl is not capable of successfully pulling off what you desire. He will likely blow this deal by trying to do something he thinks is smart and he will waste the 2nd round pick on someone who could have been drafted in the 4th round anyway. Someone who will by history never pan out.

You are talking a relatively young multiyear Pro Bowl CB for a 2nd rounder. On almost any team I would say that was a good deal. For Carl I would say it was a complete steal. Carl getting a steal is about as rare as things happen.

Take the deal Carl.

Are you gonna announce to everyone how much of a jackass you are if Carl does (by some miracle) get this done? :p :D

Mark M
04-01-2005, 03:01 PM
good gosh....you must look like a freak carrying that big ole massive head around..........ROFL

So tell me.....who appointed you the know it all of EVERYTHING in the world......:rolleyes:

And the rolling eyes.....that's what I do to my 18 year old son when he says something immature......:rolleyes:

ROFL

[Mighty Mouse theme music]Here she comes to save the thread ...[/music]

MM
~~:banghead:

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
yeppers...

it's like looking a person with one of the vacuous smiles on their face.

your just not quite sure how dim the light bulb really is until they say something.

:rolleyes:........bet your a real keeper.......ROFL

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 03:05 PM
[Mighty Mouse theme music]Here she comes to save the thread ...[/music]

MM
~~:banghead:

nope not at all...unless you need me to......ROFL

and I will gladly hop to another thread.....the crowd on this one just took a turn for the worse.......:harumph:

ENDelt260
04-01-2005, 03:06 PM
the crowd on this one just took a turn for the worse.......:harumph:

Funny how that always seems to coincide with your appearance.

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Funny how that always seems to coincide with your appearance.

What can I say.......they can't get enough of me....ROFL

Mark M
04-01-2005, 03:14 PM

You're the argument for keeping abortion legal.

MM
~~:spank:

Pants
04-01-2005, 03:15 PM

No, please leave the board and never come back. Or only post in the threads that have "For retards only!" in their titles.

KCChiefsMan
04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Carl budged with Surtain, so thats good, thats a big set IMO, NOW CLOSE THE DEAL WITH MIAMI CARL!!!! If Carl takes 2 seconds to look at his past 6-8 2nd round draft picks, this should be a NO BRAINER!!!