PDA

View Full Version : Texans release Sharper

HolmeZz
04-01-2005, 02:54 PM
Texans release Sharper
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans released LB Jamie Sharper, it was announced today.

The nine-year veteran was taken by the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft from the Baltimore Ravens.

“We want to thank Jamie for all he's done over the past three years and we wish him well,” Texans general manager Charley Casserly said.

Sharper (6-3, 239), originally drafted by the Ravens in the second round from the University of Virginia in 1997, started all 48 games at middle linebacker since 2002 for head coach Dom Capers in the Texans 3-4 scheme.

“He’s been extremely productive for us,” Capers said. “We wish him well with whatever team he ends up catching on with.”

The Texans currently have 69 players on the active roster.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/n....php?PRKey=1601

-----------

DAMNIT, CARL. HOP TO IT. :cuss:

Mark M
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Didn't KC just sign a MLB?

Unless they are 100% certain Bell can play OLB, I'd have to say no.

Besides, KC will sign Surtain any minute now and all the FA money will be gone.

MM
~~:)

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Texans release Sharper
HoustonTexans.com

HOUSTON - The Houston Texans released LB Jamie Sharper, it was announced today.

The nine-year veteran was taken by the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft from the Baltimore Ravens.

“We want to thank Jamie for all he's done over the past three years and we wish him well,” Texans general manager Charley Casserly said.

Sharper (6-3, 239), originally drafted by the Ravens in the second round from the University of Virginia in 1997, started all 48 games at middle linebacker since 2002 for head coach Dom Capers in the Texans 3-4 scheme.

“He’s been extremely productive for us,” Capers said. “We wish him well with whatever team he ends up catching on with.”

The Texans currently have 69 players on the active roster.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/n....php?PRKey=1601

-----------

DAMNIT, CARL. HOP TO IT. :cuss:

I think you left out the part of the article where Sharper was quoted as saying he would sign with the Chiefs for vet min, and would accept soda cans as payment as long as their was a nearby recycling center.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I think you left out the part of the article where Sharper was quoted as saying he would sign with the Chiefs for vet min, and would accept soda cans as payment as long as their was a nearby recycling center.

you don't know that sharper wouldn't sign with the chiefs.

do you think the chiefs will try

what's the deal with all the 3-4 MLB's being available?

royr17
04-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I dont want Sharper, I'd keep Bell in the middle so when the chiefs sign surtain they can trade down and draft OLB Daryl Blackstock and pickup another 2nd or 3rd and then draft a corner.

Jared Allen and Daryl Blackstock = Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 02:59 PM

now how in the world did you come up with this?

Count Zarth
04-01-2005, 03:00 PM

He's a homer.

HolmeZz
04-01-2005, 03:00 PM

You said you never watch college football, so you've never seen Blackstock play. At all. And you're comparing him to Derrick Thomas?

royr17
04-01-2005, 03:01 PM

Well lets see Jared Allen is a pretty good pass rusher, and Daryl Blackstock is a pass rusher and runs a 4.52 if the chiefs were to draft him and put him at LOLB him and Jared Allen could turn out to be the next Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas. Just my opinion.

Mark M
04-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Well lets see Jared Allen is a pretty good pass rusher, and Daryl Blackstock is a pass rusher and runs a 4.52 if the chiefs were to draft him and put him at LOLB him and Jared Allen could turn out to be the next Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas. Just my opinion.

That's just a bit of a stretch.

But there's nothing wrong with positive thinking, I guess.

MM
~~:)

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Bah, I still don't know why you throw out so many opinions on college players when you dont watch college ball.

jspchief
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Sharper played OLB in Baltimore.

Now that we know what Surtain would cost us, we should know if we have anything to offer Sharper. My guess is we don't have the cap space anyway.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
You said you never watch college football, so you've never seen Blackstock play. At all. And you're comparing him to Derrick Thomas?

forgot about him not watching college football ... that explains it

i wondered how he came up with that comparison considering neither allen or blackstock is even remotely like neil smith imo.

royr17
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
I know i dont have much of a analysis on it, but i have read his scoutin report and the guy does sound like a player to me and it looks as if Jared Allen could be another Neil Smith I could easily see the chiefs gettin Surtain tradin down and draftin Blackstock as from what i heard he likes the chiefs and the chiefs like him and then pickin up extra picks to get a corner in the 2nd.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:06 PM
I know i dont have much of a analysis on it, but i have read his scoutin report and the guy does sound like a player to me and it looks as if Jared Allen could be another Neil Smith I could easily see the chiefs gettin Surtain tradin down and draftin Blackstock as from what i heard he likes the chiefs and the chiefs like him and then pickin up extra picks to get a corner in the 2nd.

the problem is neither player plays anything like smith or thomas.

maybe they would play the same position, but that's where the similarity stops.

Chiefnj
04-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Sharper would be a fantastic addition. Bell and Sharper would make a great MLB and SAM pairing. Put Bell at SAM where he can be used to get after the QB.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Sharper would be a fantastic addition. Bell and Sharper would make a great MLB and SAM pairing. Put Bell at SAM where he can be used to get after the QB.

its what i wanted to do with Hartwell

royr17
All im sayin guys, is these 2 guys could have the potential to be the chiefs next neil smith and derrick thomas, Blackstock is a pass rusher from what i heard, not good against the run, kinda sounds like DT to me but Allen has speed to rush the passer.

You put Blackstock on the LOLB spot and Allen RDE and it could cause problems for other teams.

Chiefnj
Why is Blackstock receiving so much hype? The kid was slow at the combine. He was also a one dimensional pass rusher at Virginia who played in a 3-4. As an OLB in a 4-3 he is going to suck for a few years. His run support and pass coverage skills are lacking.

Dartgod
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM

You have to throw Rich Scanlon into the equation.

Cochise

I see that Blackstock is this year's rich scanlon.

Nightfyre
Sharper would be a good pickup for us. :shrug:

Cochise
04-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Blackstock is a pass rusher from what i heard, not good against the run, kinda sounds like DT to me but Allen has speed to rush the passer.

You put Blackstock on the LOLB spot and Allen RDE and it could cause problems for other teams.

So, have you ever seen him play or anything? ...or is this all repeated from some draft website?

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Sharper would be a good pickup for us. :shrug:

I don't know how we could afford him if we are planning on giving Surtain a 15 mil in guaranteed money/SB. Maybe we can sign him on credit? You know Lamar is good for it.

Mr. Laz
As an OLB in a 4-3 he is going to suck for a few years. His run support and pass coverage skills are lacking.

oooooh.... maybe blackstock is a little like derrick thomas then.

:p

*ducking and running from the thomas homers*

royr17

Im not sayin they are gonna be as good as DT and Neil. But teams are aware of Allen now and are gonna double team him and he has put on like 20 lbs in the offseason.

Blackstock will be just a rookie, but teams wont know anything about him, until he gets out there and does somethin.

All im sayin is these players have potential to be good, its just accordin to how the chiefs use them if they reach there full potential.

HolmeZz
He said he doesn't watch college football.

Mr. Laz
I don't know how we could afford him if we are planning on giving Surtain a 15 mil in guaranteed money/SB. Maybe he can sign him on credit? You know Lamar is good for it.

apparently you don't understand the salary cap

Nightfyre
04-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't know how we could afford him if we are planning on giving Surtain a 15 mil in guaranteed money/SB. Maybe he can sign him on credit? You know Lamar is good for it.
There's always room somewhere. Cut warfield or some equally useless buffoon.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:14 PM
All im sayin is these players have potential to be good, its just accordin to how the chiefs use them if they reach there full potential.
fine, then say just that then

but don't compare them to other players when you don't know anything about their style of play.

beer bacon
There's always room somewhere. Cut warfield or some equally useless buffoon.

Warfield is a useless buffoon? We have plenty of useless buffoons, but I don't think Warfield is one of them. Well, he is a buffoon, but I don't think he is useless.

jspchief
So, have you ever seen him play or anything? ...or is this all repeated from some draft website?

Blackstock is the guy Warpaint illustrated is pimping. Thats probably where he gets his info.

FWIW, I've heard a lot about KC being interested in Blackstock. Apparently they gave him a lot of attention at the combine.

Chiefnj
04-01-2005, 03:15 PM
If Will is going to retire there is a surplus of close to 5 million. Spread the wealth to the defense.

tk13
The LB most like DT would have to be Derrick Johnson... dude would be a guided missile to the QB if we got him. When you see that play against Oklahoma where Jason White rolled right and DJ came all the way across the field from the other side and drilled him from behind, while knocking the ball loose, you couldn't help but think of DT....

CosmicPal
...Jared Allen could be another Neil Smith...

Just in case you didn't notice, Jared Allen is white.

:D

beer bacon
Blackstock is the guy Warpaint illustrated is pimping. Thats probably where he gets his info.

FWIW, I've heard a lot about KC being interested in Blackstock. Apparently they gave him a lot of attention at the combine.

Blackstock was quoted as saying he would like to play for the Chiefs. Merriman also said the Chiefs were really interested in him.

royr17
Darryl Blackstock

College: Virginia
Height: 6-25/8
Weight: 247
Position: Outside Linebacker
Class: Junior
40-Yard: 4.52

SCOUTING REPORT
Strengths: Has good size...Tall and rangy frame...Does an excellent job at getting after the quarterback and is a great pass rusher...Good quickness and has a burst...Excellent athletic ability...Very productive.

Weaknesses: A liability versus the run...Not a natural in coverage...Lacks fluid hips...Doesn't change direction well...Plays in a 3-4 defense that is perfectly tailored to his skills and may need to be in a similar scheme in the pros.

Notes: Overshadowed by Ahmad Brooks and Kai Parham at times...Would be a perfect fit at outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme...A little overrated due to his pass rush numbers and is basically still a raw, one-trick pony at this point.

Mark M
Just in case you didn't notice, Jared Allen is white.

:D

And has a basic command of the English language.

MM
~~ROFL

Skip Towne
04-01-2005, 03:16 PM
I dont want Sharper, I'd keep Bell in the middle so when the chiefs sign surtain they can trade down and draft OLB Daryl Blackstock and pickup another 2nd or 3rd and then draft a corner.

What about Rich Scanlon?

jspchief
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
The LB most like DT would have to be Derrick Johnson... dude would be a guided missile to the QB if we got him. When you see that play against Oklahoma where Jason White rolled right and DJ came all the way across the field from the other side and drilled him from behind, while knocking the ball loose, you couldn't help but think of DT....

Actually, I think the college Blackstock would be a lot more comparable to the pro DT. Maybe not in talent level, but in style of play.

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Maybe we can sign him on credit? You know Lamar is good for it.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
i disagree with this too...

IMO johnson is a more complete linebacker ... thomas was a rushbacker.

thomas and johnson only have 2 things in common ... the are both fast and they both have the name derrick. :p

royr17
04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
I give up. I was just sayin even though I havent watched him play, the analysis on his pass rushin skills and his speed gave me a indication that he could be another DT but a poor mans type.

There will never be a LB better then DT to play for the Chiefs but this guy can rush the passer and thats what the chiefs lack right now is gettin after the QB.

D-Line very good job last year. Jared Allen was good. But Fujita or Barber aint no pass rushers and Blackstock is, and once we get us a good pass rushin LB with the pass rushin Allen brings, its gonna cause some real problems for other teams.

royr17
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Actually, I think the college Blackstock would be a lot more comparable to the pro DT. Maybe not in talent level, but in style of play.

Thats what i was sayin.

Pants
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
What about Rich Scanlon?

Rich > Surtain + Bell + Derrick Johnson + Sharper + Blackstock. Duh!

The Bad Guy
I give up. I was just sayin even though I havent watched him play, the analysis on his pass rushin skills and his speed gave me a indication that he could be another DT but a poor mans type.

There will never be a LB better then DT to play for the Chiefs but this guy can rush the passer and thats what the chiefs lack right now is gettin after the QB.

D-Line very good job last year. Jared Allen was good. But Fujita or Barber aint no pass rushers and Blackstock is, and once we get us a good pass rushin LB with the pass rushin Allen brings, its gonna cause some real problems for other teams.

So everyone that can rush the passer should be compared to DT?

Anyone can write a summary about a players skills on the internet. Until you watch some games, stop making stupid ass comments about Jared Allen and this guy being another Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas when we can't even draft defensive players in the first or second round worth a shit.

htismaqe
Derrick is an all-around OLB, probably best suited for the weak side...more akin to someone like Derrick Brooks.

Blackstock is more like Derrick Thomas...

tk13
i disagree with this too...

IMO johnson is a more complete linebacker ... thomas was a rushbacker.

thomas and johnson only have 2 things in common ... the are both fast and they both have the name derrick. :p
I don't disagree he's a more "complete" linebacker, I believe DJ also had an INT in that Oklahoma game, but I think Gunther would like to send him after the QB... either way I think he's going to be a really, really, really good NFL player.

Gravedigger
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
GET HIM!!!!! That is a great addition and now we dont have to trade for him so we can sign him as a free agent and keep whatever draft pick we might have spent.

The Bad Guy
04-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Sharper is a very, very good player and should be someone we try to get here.

Reach an injury settlement with Shawn Barber and go hard after him.

Iowanian
04-01-2005, 03:29 PM
I'd love to see Sharper as KC's Starting SAM opening day. He's a very solid LB and has played both Outside and inside.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 03:30 PM
Can Sharper play WSLB?

We really don't need a Sam.

Iowanian
04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
I suppose, but I was kind of thinking the current Sam, might enjoy playing Will.....or having a guy like Sharper at Sam, would be handy if say, someone like Bell was injured.

jspchief
04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
Can Sharper play WSLB?

You don't think Fujita could play WLB?

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Can Sharper play WSLB?

still wanting Fujita back?

Mitchell - OLB (or derrick johnson :p )
Sharper - MLB
Bell - SSLB/blitzer

htismaqe

No.

buddha

That is about as stupid a thing as I've read in weeks. Really, think before you type something as blasphemous as that!
:cuss:

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 03:34 PM

Bell and Sharper at MLB and SAM. Then have WLB be open competition for Fuj, Fox, and Mitchell.

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 03:34 PM

Sharper - MLB
Bell - SSLB/blitzer

No, I don't really want him back, but IMO that's our best option.

I don't see a WSLB in this draft that can start day 1 other than DJ, and I just don't see a way we can get him.

I'm extremely worried about Bell playing outside. I'd rather have him in the middle.

buddha
04-01-2005, 03:35 PM

Sharper - MLB
Bell - SSLB/blitzer

Wow, wouldn't we be loving life if we had some backers like that?!

Dare to dream on DJ, but if KC is willing to move up quickly at just the right time...who knows? :thumb:

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
No, I don't really want him back, but IMO that's our best option.

I don't see a WSLB in this draft that can start day 1 other than DJ, and I just don't see a way we can get him.

I'm extremely worried about Bell playing outside. I'd rather have him in the middle.

The thing is, Sharper can play outside too. Whoever looks better fitted for whichever position during camp/practice will get it. More talented players on the field = better defense on the field.

jspchief
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
No.

Care to elaborate? I'd think Fuj might be better suited to play on the weak side.

buddha
04-01-2005, 03:39 PM
The thing is, Sharper can play outside too. Whoever looks better fitted for whichever position during camp/practice will get it. More talented players on the field = better defense on the field.

Sharper is probably willing to play for a relatively low base with some nice incentives built in. I don't care where any of these guys line up...just get three GOOD linebackers on the field and let's go to war!!!

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Wow, wouldn't we be loving life if we had some backers like that?!

Dare to dream on DJ, but if KC is willing to move up quickly at just the right time...who knows? :thumb:
well ... it's the kinda of moves you make if you want to really make a super bowl run.

sign sharper

trade next year's 2nd for surtain (talking the phins into it is part of the accomplishment)

get a little lucky and have derrick johnson fall to around 10th ... jump up and snatch him.

it's what a great front office does :sulk:

:deevee: :deevee:

unlurking
04-01-2005, 03:44 PM
well ... it's the kinda of moves you make if you want to really make a super bowl run.

sign sharper

trade next year's 2nd for surtain (talking the phins into it is part of the accomplishment)

get a little lucky and have derrick johnson fall to around 10th ... jump up and snatch him.

it's what a great front office does :sulk:

:deevee: :deevee:
What do you propose we use as trade bait to jump up to #10?

dirk digler
04-01-2005, 03:49 PM
The Chiefs need to sign Sharper ASAP.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:50 PM
What do you propose we use as trade bait to jump up to #10?

well ideally it would be a player or a player and draft pick.

but most likely is would be draft picks.

going by the draft trade value chart it would cost us our 3rd and 5th and 6th to trade up to 10th approximately.

15th to 10th = 250 pts

3rd = 195
5th = 34
6th = 21

dirk digler
04-01-2005, 03:51 PM
well ideally it would be a player or a player and draft pick.

but most likely is would be draft picks.

going by the draft trade value chart it would cost us our 3rd and 5th and 6th to trade up to 10th approximately.

15th to 10th = 250 pts

3rd = 195
5th = 34
6th = 21

Too bad we can't trade our 3rd.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
btw our 2nd round pick would get us up to 8th, going by the chart

BigChiefFan
04-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I like Sharper, but I don't think he is more of a priority than landing Surtain.

HolmeZz
04-01-2005, 04:21 PM
I don't think anyone does.

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 04:23 PM
I like Sharper, but I don't think he is more of a priority than landing Surtain.

If Carl really loves us he will sign them both and damn the consequences :mad:

htismaqe
04-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Care to elaborate? I'd think Fuj might be better suited to play on the weak side.

In a perfect world, Fujita would likely be on the bench. As it is, I think he's an adequate SSLB. He's not good enough in the open field to be a good WSLB.

Joe Seahawk
04-01-2005, 05:11 PM
He's in Seattle right now..

Pants
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM

How much cap do you guys have left?

Joe Seahawk
04-01-2005, 05:14 PM
How much cap do you guys have left?

I think about 2 mil.. But Chad Brown has yet to re-structure or be cut..

jspchief
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
In a perfect world, Fujita would likely be on the bench. As it is, I think he's an adequate SSLB. He's not good enough in the open field to be a good WSLB.
I personally don't think Fujita is that bad. I think he has the speed to play Will, and he worksbetter in open space than in traffic. The only knock would be his tackling.

I could live with Fujita as a starting LB if the other two guys were Bell in the middle and Sharper at Sam. I think he's a solid role player, and role players are just as key to good teams as stars. No team can afford to have a pro-bowler at every spot.

milkman
04-01-2005, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't mind signing Sharper and starting him at the Sam, but I'd still want to draft a LB to play Will.

melbar
04-01-2005, 11:25 PM
The Chiefs were willing to sign Hartwell as well as a CB just a couple of weeks ago so why not?

Tribal Warfare
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
There will never be a LB better then DT

I have to stop you their Derrick was great but he wasn't at the level that Bobby Bell and Willie Lanier were

TEX
04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I personally don't think Fujita is that bad. I think he has the speed to play Will, and he worksbetter in open space than in traffic. The only knock would be his tackling.

I could live with Fujita as a starting LB if the other two guys were Bell in the middle and Sharper at Sam. I think he's a solid role player, and role players are just as key to good teams as stars. No team can afford to have a pro-bowler at every spot.

No way Sharper can play the Sam - he's too slow. Have you seen him play lately? I'm soooo tired of slow LB's. :shake:

melbar
04-02-2005, 12:04 AM
I have to stop you their Derrick was great but he wasn't at the level that Bobby Bell and Willie Lanier were
His career got cut short, but DT was definately one of the all time greats.

J Diddy
04-02-2005, 12:09 AM
No way Sharper can play the Sam - he's too slow. Have you seen him play lately? I'm soooo tired of slow LB's. :shake:

I agree, I think if they made a move for sharper they would put bell on the outside. I think that's what they wanted to do, hence the move (although not a big attempt) to get Hartwell. Plus have they even tried to resign Fujita? I don't think they will, I think they laid an offer on the table cuz they felt he could sign somewhere else and they could get a draft pick for him.

Joe Seahawk
04-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Seahawks are on this like white on rice.. :)

The Seahawks weren't that interested in Jamie Sharper when the Houston Texans were trying to trade the veteran linebacker. That changed yesterday, when Sharper was released.

The Seahawks immediately inquired about the possibility of having Sharper in for a visit.

Sharper, 30, started 48 games at middle linebacker for the Texans the past three seasons after being acquired in the expansion draft. He played the first five seasons of his career with the Baltimore Ravens, who selected him in the second round of the 1997 draft.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/218516_hawk02.html

Baby Lee
04-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Any PROOF of his leadership abilities? ;)

Brock
04-02-2005, 11:53 AM
The Chiefs need to get into this bidding war, big time.

Mr. Laz
04-02-2005, 12:37 PM
The Chiefs need to get into this bidding war, big time.

at least bring the man in and see what's up

Chiefnj
04-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Bell should move to SAM if the Chiefs can get Sharper. Bell is actually better suited for the SAM. The reason he was known around the league his rookie year was because he was excellent at rushing the QB. He had 9 sacks and twice as many pressures. MLB's in a 4-3 don't get to the QB much and aren't asked to do it as much as a SAM. If you want Bell to create havoc, put him on the outside.

The Chiefs could pick up Pollack in the first and Odell in the 2nd and have a bunch of mad Dawgs on defense.

CoMoChief
04-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Demarcus Ware is a better LB than Blaystock

Spicy McHaggis
04-02-2005, 03:50 PM

You keep your dirty paws of Sharper!!! :p
At least schedule a visit here Carl. No harm in that.

Spicy McHaggis
04-02-2005, 03:55 PM
On a semi-related LB note I saw Barber and EK last night. Came in to eat together. Both were nice guys who seemed pretty down to earth. I asked Barber when he'd be back and he basically said "As soon as it's ready." He did seem to have a limp still though. I wished him good luck but the Chiefs really can't take any chances. Sharper is a veteran guy who makes the LB better. I hope we take a look at him.

htismaqe
04-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Any PROOF of his leadership abilities? ;)

nlm

htismaqe
04-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Demarcus Ware is a better LB than Blaystock

Ware is super fast and very intriguing. He's definitely a WSLB, which is really what we need.

Mr. Laz
04-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Ware is super fast and very intriguing. He's definitely a WSLB, which is really what we need.

that's funny because i've always heard that ware is another rushbacker

a DE/LB tweener prolly best suited for a 3-4

:hmmm:

milkman
04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
that's funny because i've always heard that ware is another rushbacker

a DE/LB tweener prolly best suited for a 3-4

:hmmm:

I just looked at a couple of scouting reports that say exactly what you are saying.

He played DE at Troy.

At 247, the reports also said he's probably at his maximum weight for his frame, so he's almost certainly a LB in the NFL.

But he'll be a project, more than likely, since he hasn't had any pass coverage experience.