PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet press release

Phobia
04-01-2005, 08:36 PM
As of today, AustinChief is no longer sole proprietor of ChiefsPlanet.com. No, it hasn't been sold to WHB. This isn't a lame April Fool's joke.

I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He and I are now 50/50 partners. We have big plans for this year and beyond. If you thought the last 5 years have been pretty cool, you haven't seen nutten yet.

I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully you are, too.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 08:37 PM
OH No, here we go again ............:shake:

Phobia
04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
OH No, here we go again ............:shake:

"This isn't a lame April Fool's joke."

I don't lie.

ROYC75
04-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Explain thyself 1st then...........

Don't leave us hanging like a chad.

big nasty kcnut
04-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Phil alright this sound like a start of something big.

Taco John
nice.

WilliamTheIrish
Dig it.

Over-Head
Oh noooooo.
Phobs got a hair cut, and got a real job :deevee:

Phobia
Explain thyself 1st then...........

Don't leave us hanging like a chad.

I thought I did. Didn't I?

big nasty kcnut
04-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Phobia you need to tell some of your plans in more detail that what they are saying.

Phobia
He'll be on to confirm sometime in the next - well, sometime. Not that it makes any operational differences in the near future....

We're faxing documents back and forth to make it all legal and such, but the handshake deal is done.

ROYC75
The possible changes are ?

unlurking
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Nothing is more lame than copying deadmange crap.

I'm disgusted.

Darkwolfe
04-01-2005, 08:43 PM
This could be quite cool actually.

Phobia
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Phobia you need to tell some of your plans in more detail that what they are saying.

It took me 5 years to learn it, but I finally learned that you can't announce any website plans until they're in the bag. We don't have any of our plans "in the bag" yet, but they're all very strong - especially with my resolve and proximity to KC on board in ownership. This is a good thing for ChiefsPlanet, I assure you.

Phobia
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
Nothing is more lame than copying deadmange crap.

I'm disgusted.

I'm not following you.

VonneMarie
04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
As of today, AustinChief is no longer sole proprietor of ChiefsPlanet.com. No, it hasn't been sold to WHB. This isn't a lame April Fool's joke.

I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He and I are now 50/50 partners. We have big plans for this year and beyond. If you thought the last 5 years have been pretty cool, you haven't seen nutten yet.

Nope. I'm not.

unlurking
04-01-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm not following you.
There was a thing on the front of the mange no more than 2 hours ago that said Taco John was no longer the sole proprietor.

Just checked, has been replaced by a fan award blurb.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this sounds very similar?

chiefs4me
04-01-2005, 08:47 PM
PBJ

ROYC75
It took me 5 years to learn it, but I finally learned that you can't announce any website plans until they're in the bag. We don't have any of our plans "in the bag" yet, but they're all very strong - especially with my resolve and proximity to KC on board in ownership. This is a good thing for ChiefsPlanet, I assure you.

Was just giving you a hard time, really, I'm convinced you'll do just fine.

HemiEd
Hey Congratulations to both of you! :clap:

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 08:48 PM

I'll be damned. Cool. Congrats.

Looking forward to the future. Good luck, and best wishes. :thumb:

Phobia
There was a thing on the front of the mange no more than 2 hours ago that said Taco John was no longer the sole proprietor.

Really? Haven't been over to the Mane today. This is legit. I'm a prankster, but I'll come clean if I'm busted.

4th and Long
Cut loose with some details mister or I'll be forced to go into Photoshop and make of picture of you, gochiefs and a Chewbacca in a torrid sexual threesome. You, of course, will be the meat in the Sexual Star Wars Sandwich.

Fess Up!!!

unlurking
04-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Really? Haven't been over to the Mane today. This is legit. I'm a prankster, but I'll come clean if I'm busted.
Well in that case, cool.

Congratulations!

NOW WHEN DO I GET MY SEARCH FUNCTION BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!

;)

morphius
04-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I guess a congrats is in order! I'm looking forward to some of the upcoming announcements, especially if you are going to go forward with the reporting stuff, I think that would be huge.

I know it doesn't mean as much as it should, but I am willing to help whenever possible.

Iowanian
04-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Iowanian should immediately be issued Mod Priviledges, but No Mod Responsibility.

tk13
04-01-2005, 08:52 PM
I guess I should take this time to announce that, I too, have entered into a 50% partnership with the other owners of the Planet. I look forward to working with AustinChief and Phobia to make our 50/50/50 partnership, and ChiefsPlanet, a great success. Thanks everybody.

NaptownChief
04-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Last time ownership had an announcement change was also April 1st...I'm thinking holding off a couple hours until April 2nd wouldn't have been a bad idea. :D

VonneMarie
04-01-2005, 08:55 PM
I guess I should take this time to announce that, I too, have entered into a 50% partnership with the other owners of the Planet. I look forward to working with AustinChief and Phobia to make our 50/50/50 partnership, and ChiefsPlanet, a great success. Thanks everybody.
Congrats and good luck. :clap:

Count Zarth
04-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Cool.

Logical
04-01-2005, 09:11 PM
If true I just want to say I approve. I know that is really important to you Phil. So I thought I should just get it right out there for everyone's knowledge.

HemiEd
04-01-2005, 09:13 PM

:clap: ROFL

beer bacon
04-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Is the one of the changes going to be the sanctioning of posting offensive images from rotten.com? Because I have been surfing that sight, and boy howdy have I found some whoppers.

NaptownChief
04-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Is the one of the changes going to be the sanctioning of posting offensive images from rotten.com? Because I have been surfing that sight, and boy howdy have I found some whoppers.

You should be banned just for mentioning that site.

DenverChief
04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Can we get official Chiefsplanet press passes to games and news confrences?

jAZ
I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
"Hey Kyle... you want someone to spilt that webhosting fee 50/50? I'll help out if you will let me play with the site code a little."???

Phobia
Well in that case, cool.

Congratulations!

NOW WHEN DO I GET MY SEARCH FUNCTION BACK?!?!?!?!?!?!

;)

That's a good question. The plans are to make ChiefsPlanet 2 databases. The archives will be closed, but searchable. They'll also perform poorly, kinda like the board does now. The new, improved database will contain the last year's posts plus the Hall of Classics. This change will take place before the new football season.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 09:28 PM

I'll share mine with Jason... :toast:

Phobia
04-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Last time ownership had an announcement change was also April 1st...I'm thinking holding off a couple hours until April 2nd wouldn't have been a bad idea. :D

That one was obviously crap. This one is legit. Heh heh.

Phobia
04-01-2005, 09:30 PM
"Hey Kyle... you want someone to spilt that webhosting fee 50/50? I'll help out if you will let me play with the site code a little."???

As per ChiefsPlanet policy, the details of such transactions will remain private. ;)

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 09:30 PM
That's a good question. The plans are to make ChiefsPlanet 2 databases. The archives will be closed, but searchable. They'll also perform poorly, kinda like the board does now. The new, improved database will contain the last year's posts plus the Hall of Classics. This change will take place before the new football season.

I LOVE you Phil!!!

Like a brother, heh...

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Phobia
04-01-2005, 09:33 PM

That's a good question, too. It's something we've talked about. I'm a little apprehensive how we would determine who our reporters would be. Obviously, that privelage will be highly sought after. We'd like to have quality people and writers representing out of the gate, but there may be some trial and error. That's all I'm willing to say right now.

DenverChief
04-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I'll share mine with Jason... :toast:

I figured we could finally get someone who could really get inside info ...that way our main page could look better and we wouldn't rely on Athan for news :)

Skip Towne
04-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Not buying it. Timing too suspicious. April Fools Day, you know.

DenverChief
04-01-2005, 09:36 PM
That's a good question, too. It's something we've talked about. I'm a little apprehensive how we would determine who our reporters would be. Obviously, that privelage will be highly sought after. We'd like to have quality people and writers representing out of the gate, but there may be some trial and error. That's all I'm willing to say right now.

I nominate kcnut ;) ...seriously I think there could be a some nominations and a poll...maybe 2 lucky people in the KC area....maybe a few out of towners for away game reporting :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 09:37 PM
I figured we could finally get someone who could really get inside info ...that way our main page could look better and we wouldn't rely on Athan for news :)

FTR, I would consider a move to KC...to do it too. I'm dead serious. Hell, I would replace Whitlock within a year. Heh. :thumb:

trndobrd
04-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I made him an offer he couldn't refuse. He and I are now 50/50 partners.

Sounds like the Feds were tracing down Phob's protection racket and now he's trying to appear legit. Still doesn't mean AustinChief won't have a little 'accident' if the 'insurance payments' aren't made on time.

Mr. Kotter

BadGuy is the obvious choice....but with the right opportunity, you can bet your sweet ass some of us in "lower paid" professions but who have a flair for writing....would definitely be "all ears." :hmmm:

Woodrow Call
Congrats Phobia. 50% of the best Chiefs message board on the web, not to shabby. :thumb:

Redcoats58
Yep, this is yet another April fools joke.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Yep, this is yet another April fools joke.

I honestly think you and others of the "this is another April Fool's joke" mentality are mistaken.

Otherwise, I suspect Phil better be prepared for real "nut-hooks" if he was to ever show up at a future CP event.... :hmmm:

Boyceofsummer
04-01-2005, 09:42 PM

See how easy it is?

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 09:43 PM
See how easy it is?

Eat shit and die.

Phobia
04-01-2005, 10:05 PM
If true I just want to say I approve. I know that is really important to you Phil. So I thought I should just get it right out there for everyone's knowledge.

Thanks Jim. This site means a lot to me as do the friendships built from the association with fellow fans on the internet. You've been a longtime friend. Can you believe it won't be long before a lot of us can say we've been friends for a decade?

FWIW, I'm always going to do what I feel is in the best interest of ChiefsPlanet. I think I have a proven track record and I'm hoping to improve upon it. I don't anticipate much will change other than my desire to take this site to the next level.

JazzzLovr
04-01-2005, 10:17 PM
FWIW, I'm always going to do what I feel is in the best interest of ChiefsPlanet. I think I have a proven track record and I'm hoping to improve upon it. I don't anticipate much will change other than my desire to take this site to the next level.

Whatever. Why is it that you want to play god? Is your inferiority complex really that troublesome?

I really pity you. Your inability to cope with anything makes me realize that the sooner you leave ChiefsPlanet, the better. It isn't in your heart, only your 15 minutes of attention was at the heart of your involvement.

Some day you will be gone, the bulletin board will start growing and being what it was originally intended to be, not someone's toy.

--------------------------------------

;)

Seriously tho, I thought it was a good idea when you had told me that you were thinking about it. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get it worked out. :thumb:

Logical
04-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks Jim. This site means a lot to me as do the friendships built from the association with fellow fans on the internet. You've been a longtime friend. Can you believe it won't be long before a lot of us can say we've been friends for a decade?

I have complete faith you will bring nothing but more good things to the Planet. I think you and Kyle will make a superb team.

Mr. Kotter
04-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Whatever. Why is it that you want to play god? Is your inferiority complex really that troublesome?

I really pity you. Your inability to cope with anything makes me realize that the sooner you leave ChiefsPlanet, the better. It isn't in your heart, only your 15 minutes of attention was at the heart of your involvement.

Some day you will be gone, the bulletin board will start growing and being what it was originally intended to be, not someone's toy.

Must be late; I'm sure you intended that for me.... :shake:

You shoulda sent that to me in a PM.... :banghead:

|Zach|
04-01-2005, 10:35 PM
I have complete faith you will bring nothing but more good things to the Planet. I think you and Kyle will make a superb team.
Agreed, this is awesome news... :clap:

Phobia
04-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Must be late; I'm sure you intended that for me.... :shake:

You shoulda sent that to me in a PM.... :banghead:

I'm sure it is a Tom Cash spoof. Actually, it scary sounds like him.

BIG_DADDY
04-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Awesome news Phil. This sight has been great and you always brought a lot to the BB. I am very much looking forward to the future with you being a bigger part of it now, congratulations. :toast:

Earthling
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
We'd like to have quality people and writers representing out of the gate

Uh, sorry Phobia...I'm too far away from KC to help you out there...
And BTW congrats..!! :thumb:

Frazod
04-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Congratulations, Phil. :toast:

el borracho
04-02-2005, 01:37 AM
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Joe Seahawk
04-02-2005, 01:43 AM
I missed this... Congrats Phil.. Way to go Bro! :thumb: :thumb: :eek:

Rausch
04-02-2005, 02:04 AM
So when do you go public?

I wanna' be a stockholder! :cuss:

BIG_DADDY
04-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Great, I'm looking for some new creative ideas for the girly thread.

the Talking Can
04-02-2005, 02:27 AM
Excellent. This can only be good news.

Manila-Chief
04-02-2005, 08:21 AM

Sounds great to me. Congrats to both you and AustinChief.

I rarely read anything from Austin ... I suppose coz he is so busy keeping this thing going. Therefore, Phil, I hope it doesn't mean you will not be sharing your wisdom with us??? Maybe it will free Austin up so he can post as well!!!

Braincase
04-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Cool. When do we attack France?

Phobia
04-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Sounds great to me. Congrats to both you and AustinChief.

I rarely read anything from Austin ... I suppose coz he is so busy keeping this thing going. Therefore, Phil, I hope it doesn't mean you will not be sharing your wisdom with us??? Maybe it will free Austin up so he can post as well!!!

He's a single, decent looking guy in Austin. Under identical circumstances I'd NEVER post. I don't think this announcement means any changes to my posting and it's only going to improve the board.

Iowanian
04-02-2005, 08:32 AM
I want to be a territorial Governor..

Teeell me about.........Ohiooo.

carlos3652
04-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Congratulations Phobia, I havent been on here long, but you have been a real help since I started a few months back.

By the way, why isnt this a Sticky? You would think News this big from chiefsplanet would say on the front page for everyone to see no????

Happy late april fools to everyone...

Braincase
04-02-2005, 09:34 AM
Does this mean Phob will no longer serve as our board ambassador to North East Pennsylvania?

If not, I nominate Russ. (Schnorkle)

RNR
04-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Wow! this adds to my name dropping list! I wonder if the fact I have had a beer with a owner of Chiefs Planet will help me pick up chicks?

keg in kc
04-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow! this adds to my name dropping list! I wonder if the fact I have had a beer with a owner of Chiefs Planet will help me pick up chicks?Depends on the chicks.

If they're hot then I'd, uh, keep that particular nugget under your hat.

RNR
04-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Depends on the chicks.

If they're hot then I'd, uh, keep that particular nugget under your hat.
ROFL

Boozer
04-02-2005, 09:45 AM
1. Buy 50 percent stake in chiefsplanet.com.

2. ?????

3. PROFIT!!!

Congrats, Phildo.

Otter
04-02-2005, 09:52 AM
I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Tell him Oxyclean works wonders when getting horse blood out of the sheets.

WebGem
04-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Congrats Phobia.

Hydrae
04-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Does this mean Phob will no longer serve as our board ambassador to North East Pennsylvania?

If not, I nominate Russ. (Schnorkle)

Well done, I wasn't sure how to word it without ringing alarm bells for the beginning of the off season shenanigans.

Bowser
04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Congrats, Pink, for realizing your dream of becoming as close to Hillary Clinton as possible!

*running like hell*

Seriously Phob, congrats on this. I have an idea of how much passion you have for this place, and I'm excited to see what changes come about.

And if this IS some sort of elaborate April Fools day joke, let me be the first to say you can kiss my ass. :D

Rain Man
04-02-2005, 10:54 AM
That's it. I'm leaving forever.

bogie
04-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Conratulations! Please change your dogs name.

Chief Henry
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
Congrats guys. I'm looking forward to seeing what your going to be doing. Maybe you could put
all IOWA football threads to the top of the BOARD :)

I know this place has been your babies for along time and now you'll be able to PROFIT from it
I HOPE.....Good LUCK.

If you need to fund your Buy 'N' Sell agreement with some Life Inusrance, let me Know (wink)

keg in kc
04-02-2005, 11:15 AM
That's it. I'm leaving forever.Tease.

Phobia
04-02-2005, 11:35 AM
By the way, why isnt this a Sticky? You would think News this big from chiefsplanet would say on the front page for everyone to see no????

Because while I suppose it's interesting news, it really isn't that important to everybody. Certainly not for a Sticky.

go bowe
04-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Because while I suppose it's interesting news, it really isn't that important to everybody. Certainly not for a Sticky.mmmmmm... ugh!

speak for self, white man...

ai-EE-yah! http://freebmw.net/share/Smilies/NormalSize/388.gif :Peace: :arrow: :jester: :BLVD: :bong: PBJ PBJ PBJ

Iowanian
04-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Rainman.......Lets splinter off and form our own Football message board.....It will be basted on Marketing results of Bad Smack.

Phobia
04-02-2005, 12:14 PM
Rainman.......Lets splinter off and form our own Football message board.....It will be basted on Marketing results of Bad Smack.

Oh, good - this is going to save me the awkward task of asking you two to leave anyway.

This is another of our plans to improve the site.

Zebedee DuBois
04-02-2005, 12:39 PM
Heartfelt and profound congratulations, KPhobia!

Profound, I say!

ALL HAIL! KING OF THE MODS!

Mr. Kotter
04-02-2005, 12:43 PM
...ALL HAIL! KING OF THE MODS!

You've just made Bob Dole's chit list. :)

Phobia
04-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Heartfelt and profound congratulations, KPhobia!

Profound, I say!

ALL HAIL! KING OF THE MODS!

I've been promoted. Please call me King of the Chiefs Online or suffer my wrath.

Zebedee DuBois
04-02-2005, 12:48 PM
You've just made Bob Dole's chit list. :)

Given enough exposure, I usually end up on everyones...although rarely in the top ten.

Mr. Kotter
04-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Given enough exposure, I usually end up on everyones...although rarely in the top ten.

I know, quite rubbin' it in.... :(

:p

Talisman
04-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Because while I suppose it's interesting news, it really isn't that important to everybody. Certainly not for a Sticky.
Prayer requests usually do get a sticky. And with you taking on this kind of a role, I think the board needs a ton of prayer.

Congrats, Phil.

Mr. Kotter
04-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Prayer requests usually do get a sticky. And with you taking on this kind of a role, I think the board needs a ton of prayer...

That's a solid point, Phil. Heh. ROFL

BigOlChiefsfan
04-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Congrats all around.

Iowanian
04-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh, good - this is going to save me the awkward task of asking you two to leave anyway.

This is another of our plans to improve the site.

I'm growing Weary of your Cousin Eddie TO My Clarke Griswold anyway.

tk13
04-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it only involves the upkeep and future of the board. That's not important.

:)

dirk digler
04-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Congrats guys I can't wait to see what the future of Chiefsplanet holds.

KC Dan
04-02-2005, 06:05 PM
I've been promoted. Please call me King of the Chiefs Online or suffer my wrath.
Or he'll throw coasters at you...

Count Zarth
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Phobia, can you give us a hint?

Phobia
04-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Phobia, can you give us a hint?

A hint? Hell, I won't even sugar coat it....

Get a job. Move.

Count Zarth
04-02-2005, 06:40 PM
A hint? Hell, I won't even sugar coat it....

Get a job. Move.

Hurr. About Chiefsplanet. I'd love to contribute my writing skills if there's an opportunity.

JazzzLovr
04-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Conratulations! Please change your dogs name.

ROFL

JimNasium
04-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I would like to announce that I am purchasing half of Phil's half of Chiefsplanet. As is my practice I will not discuss terms but I would like to announce that half of the half that I puchased from Phil's half is for sale.

milkman
04-02-2005, 07:34 PM

So does this put at an even level with Carl?

Dammit Phobia! :cuss: :p

Congrats!

|Zach|
04-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I would like to announce that I am purchasing half of Phil's half of Chiefsplanet. As is my practice I will not discuss terms but I would like to announce that half of the half that I puchased from Phil's half is for sale.
That JimNasium and his fancy numbers and book learnin'

http://www.evsc.k12.in.us/schoolzone/schools/reitz/Pictures/math/Bacon.jpg

Skip Towne
04-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Hurr. About Chiefsplanet. I'd love to contribute my writing skills if there's an opportunity.
Writing skills? Surely you jest.

Ari Chi3fs
04-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Id like to be one of the Chiefsplanet Councilmen.

Count Zarth
04-02-2005, 09:13 PM
Writing skills? Surely you jest.

No, why would I?