PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings time tonight...

Deberg_1990
04-02-2005, 05:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/spring_forward

Remember to push those clocks forward tonight at 2:00am

But is it really needed anymore???? I wouldnt mind if we just did nothing.

Mr. Kotter
04-02-2005, 05:36 PM
:banghead:

Donger
04-02-2005, 05:42 PM
[url]But is it really needed anymore???? I wouldnt mind if we just did nothing.

Parts of Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, most of the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and the state of Arizona are nice.

Woodrow Call
04-02-2005, 05:42 PM
Forgot all about it thanks for reminder.

Calcountry
04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/spring_forward

Remember to push those clocks forward tonight at 2:00am

But is it really needed anymore???? I wouldnt mind if we just did nothing.Here is a good link.

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

Bowser
04-02-2005, 05:53 PM
It's time to put this in the "This Was a Good Idea in the Nineteenth Century" file. Daylight savings time sucks arse. I would just as soon it stayed lighter later, all year round.

jspchief
04-02-2005, 05:55 PM
It's time to put this in the "This Was a Good Idea in the Nineteenth Century" file. Daylight savings time sucks arse. I would just as soon it stayed lighter later, all year round.That would kind of jerk with a lot of construction worker's hours, but it would be more inconvenience than anything.

Donger
04-02-2005, 05:56 PM
It's time to put this in the "This Was a Good Idea in the Nineteenth Century" file. Daylight savings time sucks arse. I would just as soon it stayed lighter later, all year round.

Screw that. I'll take more daylight in the summer versus the winter, thanks.

Bowser
04-02-2005, 05:56 PM
That would kind of jerk with a lot of construction worker's hours, but it would be more inconvenience than anything.

Well, hell. I thought it was all about the farmers........

Skip Towne
04-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Yes it's necessary. Its a wartime measure. After we liberate France we can go back to standard time.

Deberg_1990
04-02-2005, 05:59 PM

im with you. Lets dump it....Id rather just not be bothered with time changes twice a year.

Woodrow Call
04-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Yes it's necessary. Its a wartime measure. After we liberate France we can go back to standard time.

ROFL You are on roll tonight.

Bowser
04-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Screw that. I'll take more daylight in the summer versus the winter, thanks.

OK, I must be a fargin dunce. Are you saying it takes away daylight in the winter, or you just prefer it getting dark earlier in the winter?

Frazod
04-02-2005, 06:01 PM
The first couple of mornings will be a bitch next week, but it'll be nice having daylight in the evening again.

Bowser
04-02-2005, 06:03 PM

Sounds good! But we're coming to kick your ass at the first sight of a squadron of Zeros over San Francisco, or Messerschmitts over New York.........

Donger
04-02-2005, 06:04 PM
OK, I must be a fargin dunce. Are you saying it takes away daylight in the winter, or you just prefer it getting dark earlier in the winter?

One of the reasons behind DST was to move the number of hours of daylight during the summer months from morning to evening and to decrease them during the winter months.

Here's a good explanation: http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/c.html

Bob Dole
04-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Bob Dole wouldn't mind it so much if they'd just add the hour back in at 2pm Monday.

HemiEd
04-03-2005, 03:04 AM
Ok, I just got up to change the clocks. I do not understand why you are always supposed to do this in the middle of the night. ROFL

luv
04-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Ok, I just got up to change the clocks. I do not understand why you are always supposed to do this in the middle of the night. ROFL

Instead of getting up in the middle of the night, I either. . .

1. Stay up until 2AM, or. . .
2. Set them before I go to bed so they are already done when I get up in the morning.

:p

HemiEd
04-03-2005, 03:11 AM
Instead of getting up in the middle of the night, I either. . .

1. Stay up until 2AM, or. . .
2. Set them before I go to bed so they are already done when I get up in the morning.

:p

Damn, why didn't I think of that :hmmm:

DenverChief
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM

Dork

luv
04-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Damn, why didn't I think of that :hmmm:

Not everyone can be this blessed upstairs. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2005, 03:14 AM
It's finally here, thank god. I'm ready for the sun man, bring on summer.

HemiEd
04-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Not everyone can be this blessed upstairs. ROFL

Actually the only clock that is getting changed tonight is on the Comcast box, that misteriously happened, magic I guess. I got up to do what a lot of us old farts do especially after having a few the night before. TMI? :)

It's finally here, thank god. I'm ready for the sun man, bring on summer.

Me to, the Winters up here are way too long! :deevee:

tk13
04-03-2005, 03:24 AM
Ahh, the joys of living in a daylight savings time-free state. Hopefully ENDelt will be along soon to join me and laugh at all you losers who have to change clocks... :)

HemiEd
04-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Ahh, the joys of living in a daylight savings time-free state. Hopefully ENDelt will be along soon to join me and laugh at all you losers who have to change clocks... :)

Where are you? I hate this, the weekend is the shortest one of the year. It makes it get dark here at 4:30 in the Winter!

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2005, 03:32 AM

When I get off work I love being able to do physical stuff. If I had it my way we would always be on daylight savings time year round. I love getting to work when it's still dark and being able to do stuff afterwords. i do understand why they don't recognize it Arizona though with the heat and all. Makes it really hard to sleep with all the heat.