PDA

View Full Version : Pope Croaked?

Bob Dole
04-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Or just a rumor?

Logical
04-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Have you not heard, he was raised bearing the mark of the Beast and rules over the City of Seven Hills.

Vlad
Sending the whackjobs scrambling

KS Smitty
04-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Pope Croaked?

Nah it was more of a raspy sound.

Logical
04-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Pope Croaked?

Nah it was more of a raspy sound.
ROFL

DenverChief
04-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Pope Croaked?

Nah it was more of a raspy sound. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Have you not heard, he was raised bearing the mark of the Beast and rules over the City of Seven Hills.

Vlad

If I were Catholic, I'd certainly consider that "mean-spirited and cruel." :)

stevieray
04-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Does this mean we can make fun of a posters relative when they die?

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 07:26 AM
Does this mean we can make fun of a posters relative when they die?I didn't realize that was ever in question.

stevieray
04-03-2005, 07:28 AM
I didn't realize that was ever in question.

so, that means we can?

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Hell yeah!

KCFalcon59
04-03-2005, 08:10 AM
All the mocking "Pope has died" threads are pretty distasteful. All the threads should be locked or deleted. Have a little respect for others and how they feel.

Herzig
04-03-2005, 08:48 AM
All the mocking "Pope has died" threads are pretty distasteful. All the threads should be locked or deleted. Have a little respect for others and how they feel.

Yep. Pretty classless.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 09:55 AM
If I were Catholic, I'd certainly consider that "mean-spirited and cruel."
It is. I am sure that Jim has forgotten how many people sent him well wishes when he was ill. And I don't believe anyone said anything so tasteless on the thread regarding his poor condition.

jspchief
04-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Does this mean we can make fun of a posters relative when they die?
We have posters related to the pope? That's so cool. Eat your heart out Orange Mange.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 10:01 AM
We have posters related to the pope? That's so cool. Eat your heart out Orange Mange.
I didn't realize only certain segments could be humiliated when they die.

Where do we get the updated list?

jspchief
04-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I didn't realize only certain segments could be humiliated when they die.

Where do we get the updated list?

This reminds me of a "rip on Scanlon" thread. It's done to see certain posters come running with their labias in a knot, and it works every time.

Before you put another scoop of sand in your vagina, I'll remind you that this isn't the first dead person to be the butt of jokes on this BB. The thread title makes it pretty clear what the subject within the thread will be. If you opened it, you chose to be offended.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 10:15 AM
This reminds me of a "rip on Scanlon" thread. It's done to see certain posters come running with their labias in a knot, and it works every time.

Before you put another scoop of sand in your vagina, I'll remind you that this isn't the first dead person to be the butt of jokes on this BB. The thread title makes it pretty clear what the subject within the thread will be. If you opened it, you chose to be offended.
Who said I was offended?

Again, I just want to know what is fair game for humiliation? Evidently you have a clear and concise list of which I am unaware. If your mom dies in an accident tomorrow, can I post a thread laughing about it? Why or why not? After all, if you open it, don't you choose to be offended?

jspchief
04-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Ironic, getting this lecture from you. Maybe you should save it for your kid.

I don't make the rules for the board. If you're trying to claim that this is the first dead person that has been the butt of jokes, then you've missed a lot. Maybe this particular one bothers you, but don't act like it's never happened on here before. Lots of dead famous people become targets on this BB.

As far as a list, maybe you should be the one posting the it. I'm not the one trying to push my ideals of right and wrong, you are. As far as I'm concerned, the precedent is that everyone's fair game.

If you want to make fun of my dead mother, have at it. I'm smart enough to not give your words enough power to bother me. And you're still ignoring one minor distinction....who is related to the pope on this board?

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Ironic, getting this lecture from you. Maybe you should save it for your kid.

I don't make the rules for the board. If you're trying to claim that this is the first dead person that has been the butt of jokes, then you've missed a lot. Maybe this particular one bothers you, but don't act like it's never happened on here before. Lots of dead famous people become targets on this BB.

As far as a list, maybe you should be the one posting the it. I'm not the one trying to push my ideals of right and wrong, you are. As far as I'm concerned, the precedent is that everyone's fair game.

If you want to make fun of my dead mother, have at it. I'm smart enough to not give your words enough power to bother me. And you're still ignoring one minor distinction....who is related to the pope on this board?
Boy, 4 paragraphs and you still dodge an answer. What are the rules as to who we can humiliate and who we can't on the board? Where did you get said rules?

unlurking
04-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Umm,

Did I read this post the wrong way?!?!?!

When I first saw it, there were probably 5 or 6 "The Pope is dead" threads on the front page. I just assumed that this was a spoof on the fact that once again people can't read the front page before posting.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Umm,

When I first saw it, there were probably 5 or 6 "The Pope is dead" threads on the front page. I just assumed that this was a spoof on the fact that once again people can't read the front page before posting.
That's all I saw from the thread as well, until people like Jim decided it would be fun to humiliate the man.

chiefs4me
04-03-2005, 10:37 AM
chiefs4me cannot believe that Mr Bob Dole could be so cruel....:harumph:

jspchief
04-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Boy, 4 paragraphs and you still dodge an answer. What are the rules as to who we can humiliate and who we can't on the board? Where did you get said rules?
What rules? Where did I try to lay out any guidelines?

I'm not dodging an answer, you just have reading comprehension problems. I said in my last post "as far as I'm concerned, everyone is fair game".

More specifically, I'm not the one trying to tell anyone what to do or not to or trying to claim there is some set of rules. If I think someone says something in bad taste, I'll let them know. Beyond that, they are free to say whatever the hell they want.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM

I'm not dodging an answer, you just have reading comprehension problems. I said in my last post "as far as I'm concerned, everyone is fair game".

More specifically, I'm not the one trying to tell anyone what to do or not to or trying to claim there is some set of rules. If I think someone says something in bad taste, I'll let them know. Beyond that, they are free to say whatever the hell they want.
Obviously there are some rules in your mind somewhere as you keep mentioning "relations" to those that have died. No one else has mentioned relations on this thread, something clicked the notion in your mind.

Obviously you don't have the courage to note those rules as you know they are as assinine as your original post on the topic.

chiefs4me
04-03-2005, 10:46 AM

Vlad

:shake:

chiefs4me
04-03-2005, 10:48 AM

I don't care who the **** you are.......EVERYONE is NOT fair game.

What an asshole you are.......:harumph:

jspchief
04-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Obviously there are some rules in your mind somewhere as you keep mentioning "relations" to those that have died. No one else has mentioned relations on this thread, something clicked the notion in your mind.

Obviously you don't have the courage to note those rules as you know they are as assinine as your original post on the topic.
You interpreted my joke about someone on this BB being related to the pope as me stating there was some rule about not bashing relatives. The post that was a jesting response to "no one" (stevie ray) saying we could joke about relatives. After that "no one else" (you) brougt up relatives again.

I've said several times that I don't think there are rules. You're just trying to put words in my mouth to create some ridiculous debate to masterbate to.

My opinion on it is this:

History has shown that celebrities aren't "untouchable" on this BB. That doesn't constitute a rule, it just gives examples of what people get away with.

History has also shown that certain subjects are received worse than others. Again, not a rule.

For the most part, the closest this BB comes to "rules" is "what the masses will tolerate". I don't pretend to set forth a list of what that is. I just use my own judgement in regards to what I personally post. I think people can say whatever the hell they want, but I also recognize that some of those comments will likely carry heavy consequences.

To put it as plainly as I possibly can (sorry, they don't offer a crayon font). I think if people take shots at someone's sick or dead relative, they will definately catch more heat than if they take a shot at a sick or dead famous person.

This "rules list" that you seem to imply that I have is simply something that you conjured up in some attempt to create an argument. I imagine it stems from your fatigue from so steadfastly standing guard in the watchtower that looks over all religious Chiefsplanet posters.

Bob Dole
04-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Umm,

You read it the correct way.

Nzoner
04-03-2005, 11:44 AM
You read it the correct way.

Reading this thread though it may be time for another nik change, perhaps The Bobinstigator. :D

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 11:54 AM
You interpreted my joke about someone on this BB being related to the pope as me stating there was some rule about not bashing relatives. The post that was a jesting response to "no one" (stevie ray) saying we could joke about relatives. After that "no one else" (you) brougt up relatives again.

I've said several times that I don't think there are rules. You're just trying to put words in my mouth to create some ridiculous debate to masterbate to.

My opinion on it is this:

History has shown that celebrities aren't "untouchable" on this BB. That doesn't constitute a rule, it just gives examples of what people get away with.

History has also shown that certain subjects are received worse than others. Again, not a rule.

For the most part, the closest this BB comes to "rules" is "what the masses will tolerate". I don't pretend to set forth a list of what that is. I just use my own judgement in regards to what I personally post. I think people can say whatever the hell they want, but I also recognize that some of those comments will likely carry heavy consequences.

To put it as plainly as I possibly can (sorry, they don't offer a crayon font). I think if people take shots at someone's sick or dead relative, they will definately catch more heat than if they take a shot at a sick or dead famous person.

This "rules list" that you seem to imply that I have is simply something that you conjured up in some attempt to create an argument. I imagine it stems from your fatigue from so steadfastly standing guard in the watchtower that looks over all religious Chiefsplanet posters.
So you have rules, and you believe the rules to be fluid to the moment and the person. I guess you can equivocate it by calling it "history", but an adult would be honest regarding the assessment.

I see exactly where you are coming from.

jspchief
04-03-2005, 12:36 PM
So you have rules, and you believe the rules to be fluid to the moment and the person. I guess you can equivocate it by calling it "history", but an adult would be honest regarding the assessment.

I see exactly where you are coming from.

WTF? Are you retarded? How many times do I have to say this. The only "rules" I have apply solely to me. Anyone else can say whatever they want. Any opinion I have on what they say is simply that, an opinion. Where did I ever say anyone else had to follow any rules?

Why to do you insist on continuing to fabricate this argument?

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 12:38 PM
WTF? Are you retarded? How many times do I have to say this. The only "rules" I have apply solely to me. Anyone else can say whatever they want. Any opinion I have on what they say is simply that, an opinion. Where did I ever say anyone else had to follow any rules?

Why to do you insist on continuing to fabricate this argument?
Cool, then you admit it was stupid for you to relate Steve's comments to somehow apply only to relatives? He asked a legitimate question, and you came up with some stupid rule with your smart-assed remark that relatives evidently don't apply. Why is it so hard for you to be an adult and admit you were wrong? I guess the name calling is supposed to detract from your shortcomings?

jspchief
04-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Cool, then you admit it was stupid for you to relate Steve's comments to somehow apply only to relatives? He asked a legitimate question, and you came up with some stupid rule with your smart-assed remark that relatives evidently don't apply. Why is it so hard for you to be an adult and admit you were wrong? I guess the name calling is supposed to detract from your shortcomings?

No. I admit that you misinterpreted my post that it said there was some sort of rule. My post was simply me joking like I thought there was a relative of the pope on this board. You read more into it than that. If I wanted to imply there was some sort of rule, I would have said "That's different, the pope isn't anyone's relative".

I can't help it that you read more into it than that. I think maybe it's a subconcious thing that must go with your weird obsession with inventing arguments that don't exist.

The fact that I've stated several times that I don't think there are any rules seems to be invisible to you. You completely ignore it in the interest of you driving home a point that doesn't need to be made.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 12:51 PM
No. I admit that you misinterpreted my post that it said there was some sort of rule. My post was simply me joking like I thought there was a relative of the pope on this board. You read more into it than that. If I wanted to imply there was some sort of rule, I would have said "That's different, the pope isn't anyone's relative".

I can't help it that you read more into it than that. I think maybe it's a subconcious thing that must go with your weird obsession with inventing arguments that don't exist.

The fact that I've stated several times that I don't think there are any rules seems to be invisible to you. You completely ignore it in the interest of you driving home a point that doesn't need to be made.
Cool, I guess whatever helps you equivocate the issue in your own mind.

You have implied several "rules" but used other terms to define them. The fact that you can't own up to your own posts shows you are determined to be right in spite of your own statements.

Let's see, you have attacked my child, my intelligence, and my ability to comprehend - what's next in your "I am smarter than you are" posts?

jspchief
04-03-2005, 01:02 PM
You have implied several "rules" but used other terms to define them.

Where? Where did I imply this?

The only post that could have been construed to say as much was my first post. If you interpreted it that way, the fact that I clearly stated that "As far as I'm concerned, the precedent is that everyone's fair game." should have made it clear that you had misinterpreted.

Logical
04-03-2005, 01:50 PM
Who said I was offended?

Again, I just want to know what is fair game for humiliation? Evidently you have a clear and concise list of which I am unaware. If your mom dies in an accident tomorrow, can I post a thread laughing about it? Why or why not? After all, if you open it, don't you choose to be offended?

Interesting definition of humiliation. Were you personally humiliated by my humor, if so I apologize.

Prince22
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
It shocks me how cruel and unsensitive some of you people can be. Yes I am Catholic and yes I am greatly offended. I would like to sit here and argue and cuse you all but Pope John Paul wouldn't want me to do that. I'm sure he will forgive you as will the Man up stairs. But please show some class and a little respect by just kepping your thoughts to yourself. I hope you all find God one day.

unlurking
04-03-2005, 02:30 PM
It shocks me how cruel and unsensitive some of you people can be. Yes I am Catholic and yes I am greatly offended. I would like to sit here and argue and cuse you all but Pope John Paul wouldn't want me to do that. I'm sure he will forgive you as will the Man up stairs. But please show some class and a little respect by just kepping your thoughts to yourself. I hope you all find God one day.
Is it OK if the God I've found is not your God?

Prince22
04-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Is it OK if the God I've found is not your God?
That is perfectly fine with me.

Logical
04-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Serious question, the title of this thread seems to make it clear this in not meant to be a serious discussion. If you were going to be offended by humor about the topic why enter the thread?

Prince22
04-03-2005, 02:50 PM
Serious question, the title of this thread seems to make it clear this in not meant to be a serious discussion. If you were going to be offended by humor about the topic why enter the thread?

Curious just how many of these posters are heartless. I was hoping there would be more people on here that would call you out. But it goes to show how careless of others people are these days. God bless.

Baby Lee
04-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Seems to me that, for a contingent on the board, the Pope is, though perhaps something less than a family member, considerably more than a 'celebrity.'
Respect for that sentiment [at least for a day or two after his death] isn't a 'rule,' it's just civilized behavior.

Mr. Christopher
04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Vlad, I am not easily offended, but the title of the thread is offensive in and of itself to me. The fact that I have to look at it while it is on the front page is bad enough.

But why do I come in and look at it when I know that it is going to be offensive, well, I guess I'm just looking for people like Prince and Wolfman who have enough class to shoot down those that think it's funny.

Props to both of you, Prince and Wolf. :thumb:

jspchief
04-03-2005, 02:53 PM
Seems to me that, for a contingent on the board, the Pope is, though perhaps something less than a family member, considerably more than a 'celebrity.'
Respect for that sentiment [at least for a day or two after his death] isn't a 'rule,' it's just civilized behavior.

I'll have to agree with you on the "civilized behavior" part.

The rest is debateable for some.

Bob Dole
04-03-2005, 03:43 PM
Vlad, I am not easily offended, but the title of the thread is offensive in and of itself to me.

As previously stated, the intent was not to offend.

Pick something else if you want.

<i>croak</i>:

To cease living: decease, demise, depart, die, drop, expire, go, pass away, pass (on), perish, succumb, pop off, check out, kick in, kick off, bite the dust, breathe one's last, cash in, give up the ghost, go to one's grave, kick the bucket, meet one's end/Maker, pass on to the Great Beyond, turn up one's toes.

Mr. Christopher
04-03-2005, 03:47 PM
As previously stated, the intent was not to offend.

Pick something else if you want.

<i>croak</i>:

To cease living: decease, demise, depart, die, drop, expire, go, pass away, pass (on), perish, succumb, pop off, check out, kick in, kick off, bite the dust, breathe one's last, cash in, give up the ghost, go to one's grave, kick the bucket, meet one's end/Maker, pass on to the Great Beyond, turn up one's toes.
Bob,

I almost amended my post to exclude you from the slinging of offense. I know that you did not intend to offend, rather make a point that people need to read the front page or front three pages before posting something that's already been posted.

But, nonetheless, the title of the thread was offensive to me, and I knew that there would be multiple rude posters putting in their two cents worth of crude jokes.

go bowe
04-03-2005, 03:48 PM
you forgot the dirt sleep...

Bob Dole
04-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Bob,

I almost amended my post to exclude you from the slinging of offense. I know that you did not intend to offend, rather make a point that people need to read the front page or front three pages before posting something that's already been posted.

But, nonetheless, the title of the thread was offensive to me, and I knew that there would be multiple rude posters putting in their two cents worth of crude jokes.

Bob Dole will admit that the choice of verb was probably a little callous. Sorry.

Mr. Christopher
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Bob Dole will admit that the choice of verb was probably a little callous. Sorry.
No worries, Bob.

chiefs4me
04-03-2005, 04:45 PM

Well since you said you were sorry....all is fogiven.;)

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Did he shit in the woods?

Bob Dole
04-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Did he shit in the woods?

Bob Dole would be willing to bet he did at some point before becoming the Pope...

Logical
04-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Vlad, I am not easily offended, but the title of the thread is offensive in and of itself to me. The fact that I have to look at it while it is on the front page is bad enough.

But why do I come in and look at it when I know that it is going to be offensive, well, I guess I'm just looking for people like Prince and Wolfman who have enough class to shoot down those that think it's funny.

Props to both of you, Prince and Wolf. :thumb:

Let me just say that you probably misjudge me, because I have a sense of humor and I am not afraid of the sanctimonious members who do not get it and are offended by it.

When the Pope became seriously ill I wrote:

The Pope is a good man deserving of a world of respect. I however have a hard time being sad for him given his extremely long full life. He deserves a wonderful afterlife.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2376180#post2376180

That sentiment is not changed because I made a wise crack aimed at overzealous fundamentalist and their fears. The joke was not really intended to make light of the goodness of John Paul II and I am sorry some people took it that way.

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 05:42 PM
... I made a wise crack aimed at overzealous fundamentalist and their fears. ....

Jim, WHO are those you are talking about? Seriously?

This broad brush gets used often by leftists (not you, but leftists) who themselves complain about being unfairly marginalized as "wacko liberals" or some such thing.

I'm not anywhere close to being a fundamentalist, but talk about a "bad rap"--they are demonized by popular culture these days, and I just don't get "why"--other than THEY believe differently than "I" do. I just think attitudes like yours about so-called fundamentalists are not really necessary or useful.

Any clarification or insights? :hmmm:

irishjayhawk
04-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Let me just say that you probably misjudge me, because I have a sense of humor and I am not afraid of the sanctimonious members who do not get it and are offended by it.

That sentiment is not changed because I made a wise crack aimed at overzealous fundamentalist and their fears. The joke was not really intended to make light of the goodness of John Paul II and I am sorry some people took it that way.
Exactly. People its a joke. Get over it. And as other said, if your offended by the posts, leave don't start arguments that take up half the thread. If offended by the title, then why even open it, EVEN for the sake of finding other people who have stood up to the same beliefs you did.

stevieray
04-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Exactly. People its a joke. Get over it. And as other said, if your offended by the posts, leave don't start arguments that take up half the thread. If offended by the title, then why even open it, EVEN for the sake of finding other people who have stood up to the same beliefs you did.

but it's ok for people to open up the thread and flame away at something they don't EVEN believe in?

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
Don't hold your breathe.

Count Zarth
04-03-2005, 05:52 PM
but it's ok for people to open up the thread and flame away at something they don't EVEN believe in?

Yes. THIS ISN'T CATHOLICSPLANET.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Is it Star Wars planet? Or banned idiot planet?

If not, why the hell are you posting?

stevieray
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM

It has nothing to do with the site. It has to do with people like you that need the Pope's death to garner attention.

The more you post, the more I like denise.

Count Zarth
04-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Ugh. I'm putting both of you dipshits on ignore. The pope is dead, get on with your lives.

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 05:56 PM
The more you post, the more I like denise.Oh no you din't!

Ouch.

Bwana
04-03-2005, 05:58 PM

That was a direct nad shot. ROFL

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Ugh. I'm putting both of you dipshits on ignore. The pope is dead, get on with your lives.
Cool

http://www.zooofacadiana.org/Ostrich.jpg
Here's your spot

http://www.yachtfotografie.de/yachtfotografie_galerien/galerie_specials/images/sand_4.jpg

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:03 PM
It has nothing to do with the site. It has to do with people like you that need the Pope's death to garner attention.

I concur, nice job

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Jim, WHO are those you are talking about? Seriously?

This broad brush gets used often by leftists (not you, but leftists) who themselves complain about being unfairly marginalized as "wacko liberals" or some such thing.

I'm not anywhere close to being a fundamentalist, but talk about a "bad rap"--they are demonized by popular culture these days, and I just don't get "why"--other than THEY believe differently than "I" do. I just think attitudes like yours about so-called fundamentalists are not really necessary or useful.

I clearly am talking about a marginalized segment of our society, thus the term "whackjob fundamentalist" which should make it clear that I am not talking about all fundamentalists. We used to call them Jeaks when I was in college. Fundamentalist that could not take a polite no for an answer, those that could not walk away when requested nicely to do so. Hope this clarifies it for you. As to naming names that would be just as cruel of me as you were with Hel'n and DC. I am not going there.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:13 PM
I clearly am talking about a marginalized segment of our society, thus the term "whackjob fundamentalist" which should make it clear that I am not talking about all fundamentalists. We used to call them Jeaks when I was in college. Fundamentalist that could not take a polite no for an answer, those that could not walk away when requested nicely to do so. Hope this clarifies it for you. As to naming names that would be just as cruel of me as you were with Hel'n and DC. I am not going there.
So you are willing to complain about specific people and their beliefs but not who those people actually are?

Seems to me that you are not only cruel but a coward - you have chosen the worst of both possibilities.

As I said, I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a straight answer from you.

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 06:17 PM

Your sense of "cruelty an mean-spiritedness" is indeed interesting...to each his own. If you choose to characterize others that way, it would seem to me you'd be a bit more "sensitive" in your own choice of words. JMHO though. :shrug:

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:18 PM
So you are willing to complain about specific people and their beliefs but not who those people actually are?

Seems to me that you are not only cruel but a coward - you have chosen the worst of both possibilities.

As I said, I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for a straight answer from you.

In case no one has noticed, I have evidently hurt Russ's feelings. You can tell by his usage of petty insults. Perhaps he sees himself as one of the marginalized class, shame I really never thought of him that way. Self actualization strikes again.

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 06:19 PM

Holy stinkin' Hand Grenade.... ROFL

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 06:21 PM
In case no one has noticed, I have evidently hurt Russ's feelings. You can tell by his usage of petty insults. Perhaps he sees himself as one of the marginalized class, shame I really never thought of him that way. Self actualization strikes again.

Self-actualization....wow, I thought we left that relic back in the 60s.....or with left over hippies, lookin' to excuse their nihilism and narcissism....guess not; my bad.

Baby Lee
04-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Somebody borrowed Denise's 'RWNJ' Mad Libs.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Petty? I was being honest.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Somebody borrowed Denise's 'RWNJ' Mad Libs.
Right on the button, BLee.

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Go! Go! Go!

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Petty? I was being honest.
ROFL like you don't know by now that you are not going to make a dent with me with your last resort ignorance.

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Phil, must be off the BB today or this thread would already be in the Romper Room. It certainly belongs there now, mostly thanks to Russ and I.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:39 PM
ROFL like you don't know by now that you are not going to make a dent with me with your last resort ignorance.
I don't have to make any kind of dent, Jim. You are obviously already falling apart. Your own posts over the last year or so prove you out.

BTW - It would seem as though I didn't get to you if you didn't use the "petty insult" at the end of your sentence, Mr. Irony.

stevieray
04-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Phil, must be off the BB today or this thread would already be in the Romper Room. It certainly belongs there now, mostly thanks to Russ and I.

just like old times...

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't have to make any kind of dent, Jim. You are obviously already falling apart. Your own posts over the last year or so prove you out.

BTW - It would seem as though I didn't get to you if you didn't use the "petty insult" at the end of your sentence, Mr. Irony.

I wonder from tone of posts who most would feel was insulted by this discussion.

irishjayhawk
04-03-2005, 06:42 PM
I was about to say the EXACT same thing.

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 06:45 PM
I wonder from tone of posts who most would feel was insulted by this discussion.
Usually, I just say what I believe to be right and don't worry about what others think.

Of course, there is always a segement that feels they need validation from others to be secure.

Count Zarth
04-03-2005, 06:46 PM
I tell you what, we haven't seen Jim this lively in awhile. Good to have you back, abusive ex-moderator extraordinare!

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I tell you what, we haven't seen Jim this lively in awhile. Good to have you back, abusive ex-moderator extraordinare!Thanks, I do feel really good today.

tk13
04-03-2005, 06:49 PM
I'd have to interject that this happens everyday on this board, from humorous topics to the most serious political and religious discussion, and I've seen several people involved this very thread do this exact thing in this forum and over in the Washington D.C. forum. Of course, for many it's easier to throw stones than to be the one having the stone thrown at them...

Logical
04-03-2005, 06:59 PM
I'd have to interject that this happens everyday on this board, from humorous topics to the most serious political and religious discussion, and I've seen several people involved this very thread do this exact thing in this forum and over in the Washington D.C. forum. Of course, for many it's easier to throw stones than to be the one having the stone thrown at them...I enjoy a good rock fight as much as anyone, no problem admitting it.

stevieray
04-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I'd have to interject that this happens everyday on this board, from humorous topics to the most serious political and religious discussion, and I've seen several people involved this very thread do this exact thing in this forum and over in the Washington D.C. forum. Of course, for many it's easier to throw stones than to be the one having the stone thrown at them...

That's great, I guess nothing is sacred....

of course noone ever acts this way when someone asks for prayers.

"Prayers? Screw your prayers!...praying isn't going save anyone..you actually believe in that crap?"

How convienent.

tk13
04-03-2005, 07:11 PM

"Prayers? Screw your prayers!...praying isn't going save anyone..you actually believe in that crap?"

How convienent.
Hey, doesn't mean I agree with it, but I don't think there is much that is "sacred" here. I don't have a problem with it, or I wouldn't be here, everybody is entitled to their say within reason without being censored or reprimanded. This board is what it is, I think we all know that by now. I think the Pope was a wonderful, wonderful man, but it's pointless to even argue with people that don't think that, because it is impossible to get something through to somebody if they do not care or believe in what you're arguing about.

Logical
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM

How convienent.Knowing you in person makes it hard to believe you do not see the distinction. The posters on this BB hear of someone in trouble or need they are respectful and caring. An international icon is not going to be harmed by a little humor, whether or not they are a religious icon. How is this different than a famous politician suffering a tragedy and humor springing up in relationship to it. It happens all the time, maybe you are offended by it. If so you are being consistent. Myself I usually laugh at the humor knowing I am not laughing at the actual tragedy. John Paul II dying is a natural part of life, I believe there were a huge number or respectful threads on this very BB both once he became seriously ill and then as soon as he died.

I am sorry you are offended Stevie, but I doubt it was anyone on this threads intention to offend you.

stevieray
04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
because it is impossible to get something through to somebody if they do not care or believe in what you're arguing about.

why do those who don't care or believe post?

i bet it's not the same reason they don't flaunt their mantra on prayer threads?

stevieray
04-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Knowing you in person makes it hard to believe you do not see the distinction. The posters on this BB hear of someone in trouble or need they are respectful and caring. An international icon is not going to be harmed by a little humor, whether or not they are a religious icon. How is this different than a famous politician suffering a tragedy and humor springing up in relationship to it. It happens all the time, maybe you are offended by it. If so you are being consistent. Myself I usually laugh at the humor knowing I am not laughing at the actual tragedy. John Paul II dying is a natural part of life, I believe there were a huge number or respectful threads on this very BB both once he became seriously ill and then as soon as he died.

I am sorry you are offended Stevie, but I doubt it was anyone on this threads intention to offend you.

thanks, jim. I know the difference, I think it's just sad that someone's death is a sorry excuse for humor....doesn't matter if it's the pope or dartgod's mil, or you...

Bob Dole
04-03-2005, 07:25 PM

The more you post, the more I like denise..

You're going to have to wash those hands for a long, long time to get rid of that dirty feeling.

Ick

KCWolfman
04-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Hey, doesn't mean I agree with it, but I don't think there is much that is "sacred" here. I don't have a problem with it, or I wouldn't be here, everybody is entitled to their say within reason without being censored or reprimanded. This board is what it is, I think we all know that by now. I think the Pope was a wonderful, wonderful man, but it's pointless to even argue with people that don't think that, because it is impossible to get something through to somebody if they do not care or believe in what you're arguing about.
There is a huge difference between not caring and deliberately inciting hatred for hatred's sake.

Logical
04-03-2005, 07:29 PM
why do those who don't care or believe post?

i bet it's not the same reason they don't flaunt their mantra on prayer threads?Have you ever noticed that many people say they will keep the "troubled" in their thoughts. Perhaps that is because they do not want to be a hipocrit, yet want to express that they care.

Bob Dole
04-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Since Bob Dole opened this, er...whatever it's become, Bob Dole will go ahead and move the thing.

Logical
04-03-2005, 07:30 PM
There is a huge difference between not caring and deliberately inciting hatred for hatred's sake.

Russ, this is absolutely true. But do you really? see someone inciting hatred on this thread?

I sure do not.

Mr. Christopher
04-03-2005, 07:33 PM

Vlad,

You are absolutely right that people take things too seriously. It's one of the reasons that I've learned to not become offended easily.

You're right, though, I did misjudge you. Based on your posts on the thread, I would not have expected that you would have written such things about Pope John Paul II when he was sick.

For that, I apologize, and will try to keep my sense of humor.

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 07:40 PM
I tell you what, we haven't seen Jim this lively in awhile. Good to have you back, abusive ex-moderator extraordinare!

Heh. :)

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Let me just say that you probably misjudge me, because I have a sense of humor and I am not afraid of the sanctimonious members who do not get it and are offended by it...

There is tremendous irony contained in this one, Jim...you gotta admit. Heh. ;)

ENDelt260
04-04-2005, 10:36 PM

Wow. Brutal.

Saulbadguy
04-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I'd expect the same thing from people if someone I cared for died, that wasn't a family member. Lets say Bill Snyder died tommorow, i'm sure there would be a number of people who would choose to make jokes. That is their perogative. Just ignore them, and move on.

Mark M
04-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow ... self righteousness ... religous debates ... people who rip others for being over sensitive being overly sensitive ... an argument fabricated over nothing ... spelling errors ...

quite a feat for a thread intended to mock those who post the same thread 5 times rather than simply reading the first page of the main forum.

MM
~~:eek:

Mark M
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM

Is it just me, or does anyone else this comment funny coming from a guy who wears a sequined cape, red jumpsuit, gaudy sunglasses, and makes a choreographed display in front of 80,000 people every time the Chiefs make a first down?

MM
~~ROFL ROFL ROFL

Logical
04-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else this comment funny coming from a guy who wears a sequined cape, red jumpsuit, gaudy sunglasses, and makes a choreographed display in front of 80,000 people every time the Chiefs make a first down?

MM
~~ROFL ROFL ROFL

I thought that, but Stevie is such a cool person I did not want to say anything.

Mark M
04-06-2005, 07:16 AM
I thought that, but Stevie is such a cool person I did not want to say anything.

He is an amazingly great guy, and I don't disagree with his assessment that some here are attention whores.

I just find it funny that he, of all people, is the one who points it out more often than not.

MM
~~ROFL