PDA

View Full Version : New smoker... simply awesome

dtebbe
04-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I just bouht a Cookshack Smokette smoker:
http://www.cookshackamerica.com/detail.aspx?ID=419

Did my first Pork butt last night, and the results are simply stunning. Let's say no KC joint has anything on the pork I just tasted. Best of all, it's set-it and forget-it, but 2 chunks of hickory (or your favorite wood) in the firebox, plug it in, and let it smoke. Took about 12 hours at 225 to cook a 5lb butt.

Getting ready to do some ribs and chicken right now.

Also, they have a great BBQ forum, some great tips in there. I know many think an electric smoker may be cheating, but the proof is in the results. This little critter smokes in more ways than one!

DT

http://www.cookshackamerica.com/images/SM009-01.jpg

Garcia Bronco
04-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Damn....I've got to go eat now....again....thanks ..

Phobia
04-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I know many think an electric smoker may be cheating, but the proof is in the results. This little critter smokes in more ways than one!

I don't think it's really cheating, but the only product you can really boast about (IMO) is the smoker itself. Half the appeal of food preparation for me is the end result, the other half is pride in the preparation. You're obviously an end results person - which is fine, too.

dave0320
04-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Bought mine about 5 years ago. Best investment I ever made. Hope to see you in their forum. :thumb:

SBK
04-03-2005, 03:34 PM
I have to do it......

CHEATER!!!

TRR
04-03-2005, 03:49 PM
The title of this thread suggested to me that you were a new cigarette smoker, and it's simply amazing.

ENDelt260
04-03-2005, 07:58 PM
The title of this thread suggested to me that you were a new cigarette smoker, and it's simply amazing.
Yeah... it really wasn't nice of him to tease the tobacco execs on the board like that.

"Look, we hooked another one! Whoopee! I say we'll get about 40 years of habitual purchases out of him before, y'know, our product kills him. Hopefully his kids really look up to him."

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2005, 08:02 PM
How much was it?

Ari Chi3fs
04-03-2005, 08:50 PM

heh. I was thinking... "Wow, I don't recall having ever heard of a new tobacco smoker stating how amazing cigs are..."

dtebbe
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
How much was it?

I bought the all stainless one with the cabinet/stand and a bunch of wood, it was around $700.

I cooked pork butt, ribs, and chicken this weekend, and all of them were top-notch, with no fuss. I did have to order me a remote-probe meat thermometer, so I can see the internal temp of the meat from outside the smoker. Opening the door costs you about 45 minutes of cook time, so you have to try and avoid it.

We had some neighbors over last night, and they all said it was the best BBQ they had ever had (keep in mind they are from GA). All I can say is that the BBQ is one of the things I look most forward to when I visit KC, and now I feel like for $700 I have one of my favoite parts of KC on by deck.

DT

Chief Henry
04-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this thing. If the set it and forget it feature works as good as you said then I can handle that.

Thank you