PDA

View Full Version : Charles Woodson or Patrick Surtain?

blackhawk
04-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Charles Woodson or Patrick Surtain
Oakland $57,000 under the cap!

DenverChief
04-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Surtain Hands down

Woodrow Call
04-03-2005, 02:07 PM
The Raiders would never give the Chiefs someone to cover Moss just like Denver won't trade Pryce to us.

I would rather have Surtain anyway. My last roommate was a Raiders fan and for the last for 4yrs I have watched every Raiders game. Woodson is decent but mostly hype.

Let Al have his 50,000 in cap room and laugh at him.

HolmeZz
04-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Surtain and it's not even close.

philfree
04-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Surtain

PhilFree :arrow:

LiL stumppy
04-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Surtain

TRR
04-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Coming out of college...Woodson. Right now...Surtain. In my opinion, Charles Woodson has been nothing but an disappointment since entering the NFL. Injuries have got the better of him for several seasons now.

KCJake
04-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Coming out of college...Woodson. Right now...Surtain. In my opinion, Charles Woodson has been nothing but an disappointment since entering the NFL. Injuries have got the better of him for several seasons now.
Agreed. I thought Woodson was going to be a top-flight DB for a long time.

htismaqe
04-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Surtain and it's not even close.

Yep.

ChiefsFire
04-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Surtain

in a naked heartbeat.....

Vegas_Dave
04-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Surtainly

Woodrow Call
04-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I say this with homer glasses off. I think Warfield is just as good as Woodson. I will sit back and duck the rocks being hurled at me. ROFL

Bwana
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Surtain

milkman
04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I can't even imagine why this question is being raised.
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Woodson will become a Chief at this point in time.

The only question is would you rather have Surtain or the 2nd round draft pick?

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM
The only question is would you rather have Surtain or the 2nd round draft pick?I'm greedy; I want them both.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Surtain is a fish & Woodson drinks like one...

milkman
04-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm greedy; I want them both.

I think that a deal will get done the week of, or even the day of the draft, that will involve our 2nd round pick.

I understand the necessity to negotiate.
But in the end, I think the Dolphins will come away with it, though I also expect that a swap of other picks will be included.

I really expect Carl will stay away from moving future picks after finding out how the Wellbourne trade did kind of jump up and bite him in the ass.

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 06:35 PM
I'll be fine with giving up that second if we have to. I just want to see us negotiate as much as possible before that point.

RedNeckRaider
04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
I say this with homer glasses off. I think Warfield is just as good as Woodson. I will sit back and duck the rocks being hurled at me. ROFL
:rolleyes: I have said many times Woodson is a real good player not a great one, to compare him to Warfield is just silly.

rocks
04-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I would not let woodson were a Chiefs jersey if he wanted to. Just to much raderhater in me.

Woodrow Call
04-03-2005, 07:48 PM
:rolleyes: I have said many times Woodson is a real good player not a great one, to compare him to Warfield is just silly.

IMO Warfield is a real good corner stuck on a defense full of guys that should not be starting in the NFL. He just doesn't get the recognition that he should because of the defense he has been on and he didn't have the built in publicity of Woodson.

Of course if Surtain comes in and other offenses expose Warfield to be like McCleon and the others I will eat my crow. Until then I stick with my opinion.

milkman
04-03-2005, 07:56 PM
IMO Warfield is a real good corner stuck on a defense full of guys that should not be starting in the NFL. He just doesn't get the recognition that he should because of the defense he has been on and he didn't have the built in publicity of Woodson.

Of course if Surtain comes in and other offenses expose Warfield to be like McCleon and the others I will eat my crow. Until then I stick with my opinion.

I think Warfield is a solid #2 corner.
I wouldn't call him real good, but he's good enough if Surtain is aquired to fill the #1 spot.

I also think, with a quality guy like Surtain to learn from, Warfield can continue to improve.

philfree
04-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I think Warfield is a solid #2 corner.
I wouldn't call him real good, but he's good enough if Surtain is aquired to fill the #1 spot.

I also think, with a quality guy like Surtain to learn from, Warfield can continue to improve.

You gotta add Sammy Knight into that mix. Between Surtain, Warfield and Knight we have the making of a pretty good 2ndary. I predict Warfield will have 4 INTs in 2005.

PhilFree :arrow:

HipHopper4Life
04-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Woodson is the better corner in press coverage, Surtain the better in man off or zone. Woodson is definitely better against the run.

Woodson is also asking for alot more money and comes with alot more baggage, though Surtain's wife is said to be a real piece of work. She was the cause of that rift between Surtain and Madison at one point.