PDA

View Full Version : Is the D-Line the Problem?

Woodrow Call
04-03-2005, 08:04 PM
I was reading a Sporting News mock draft it has the Chiefs taking Erasmus James and said "The Chiefs' line is the weakest of several weak links on defense."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3502652

I have been of the mindset that the D-Line was the strength and the LBs and secondary was the main problem

So am I wrong or are they? Is the line so weak that the LBs have to blitz and play out of position therefore leaving the secondary vulnerable to the pass?

Demonpenz
04-03-2005, 08:07 PM
it's not so much the d-line so much as it's the D

milkman
04-03-2005, 08:08 PM
No.
The D-Line is the least weak link of several weak links on D.
It's the only group on this D that can be called servicable.

LBing and secondary can't even aspire to that claim.

sparkky
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
I do personally think that getting pressure on the qb with a 4 man line is the way to combat the new enforcement of the contact rule. No db can stay with a wr 3-4 seconds consistently.
The qb must be forced to pick a target and release the ball before the wr can expand on the separation achieved during route running. If a blitz is needed to accomplish this every snap that leaves holes a savy qb can and will exploit with regularity.
That being said, calling our D line "the weakest link" compared to our lbs or dbs is the pot calling the kettle black.

the Talking Can
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
shit is still poop....get my drift?

Woodrow Call
04-03-2005, 08:42 PM

ROFL The d-line is the most polished turd then.

the Talking Can
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I honestly think our DL is still a major concern. If we start Hicks and Sims then we're screwed no matter what CP does.

UNLESS...Sims becomes a man (not going to happen) and Siavvi blossoms (doubtful) we're going to get pushed around like always.

milkman
04-03-2005, 08:45 PM

True, but the D-Line is a solid turd, while the rest of that D is the shits.

Mr. Christopher
04-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Yes, our D-Line is a problem. No, it is not a strength. Is our D-Line as much of a problem as the rest of our defense? No.

Our D-Line is serviceable, in my opinion, but I think that we would greatly benefit from the addtion of a left bookend opposite Allen. I like Hicks, but he really has lost something over the last few years. Unless Hicks can get back to playing like he did a few years ago, I would rate obtaining a decent DE right up there with CB and LB as top priorities for the draft.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
I think the Dline should definately not be ignored. I think it is a weak point, yes, like are whole defense is. The Chiefs aren't willing to address all the needs in one offseason, but I think they can, but they won't. They think they can patch up some things here and there. I think it's going to take another offseason besides this one to really fix the defense. I see us at season's end being ranked 20th at best, with once again no Super Bowl victory, let alone an appearance in the big game.