the Talking Can
04-04-2005, 08:10 AM
no wonder you're not smart

Kerberos
04-04-2005, 08:17 AM
no wonder you're not smart

No....

Not Smart=Blackhawk ... :hmmm:

and its NO WONDER he has absolutly NO postive rep and is probably in the 40K in the red or better!

:)

Bob Dole
04-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Thank GOD someone started another Surtain thread. Bob Dole was starting to worry that we'd collectively forgotten him.

Bwana
04-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Thank GOD someone started another Surtain thread. Bob Dole was starting to worry that we'd collectively forgotten him.

True, I don't know about you Bob Dole, but I wouldn't sleep well at night if there were not at least two new Surtain threads each and every day. :hmmm:

Oh, and Blackhawk, let me leave you with this, Champ may or may not = Surtain, but Bartee = we're hosed. No neck Bartee isn't fit for NFLE.

blackhawk
04-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Patriots won a SB with pro bowl corners!

Bob Dole
04-04-2005, 08:26 AM

...and a bunch of other guys.

Mark M
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
blackhawk=Corky no thanks.

MM
~~:spock:

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Call me a hopeless, but I'm not willing to completely give up on Bartee until I see him at safety, his natural position. Right now he's playing out of position.

Bwana
04-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Call me a hopeless, but I'm not willing to completely give up on Bartee until I see him at safety, his natural position. Right now he's playing out of position.

Will playing saftey fix his statue like neck? :eek: :)

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Will playing saftey fix his statue like neck? :eek: :)
From what media and coaches say, he doesn't have a neck problem until gametime. During practice, the dude makes ALL the plays, they say. But, I think, during gametime he gets too caught up in not letting something bad happen that he forgets his fundamentals. Put him back at safety where he can see the whole field... just my opinion, though.

jspchief
04-04-2005, 08:54 AM

At least this thread starter had some intelligent, concise thoughts to share.

Bob Dole
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
At least this thread starter had some intelligent, concise thoughts to share.

Definitely. And it is certainly detailed and concise enough that it merits its own thread. Wouldn't want something this good to be buried in another Surtain topic!

The Bad Guy
04-04-2005, 09:31 AM
Stop watching football. You are a ****ing retard and obviously know nothing about the game.

The Bad Guy
04-04-2005, 09:33 AM

Comparing the Patriots D to the Chiefs D is like comparing your football takes to someone who actually watches the game.

The Patriots have a SUPERIOR front 7 and superior coaches.

ChiefsCountry
04-04-2005, 10:07 AM

They won two of those with Ty Law, the best in the NFL.

crossbow
04-04-2005, 10:27 AM

Very true. Can one of the talented CP members program a script that will automaticaly create a Surtain thread every couple of days. That way we can all get our daily Surtain fix and not have to worry about reading any old ones. They could put in a couple lines of code for Hartwell too. I know he signed with Atlanta but might as well keep that one going too. Would it be better to include Hartwell in the Surtain scripts or start new ones?

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2005, 10:31 AM
It Surtainly can be done.

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2005, 10:32 AM
We just have to lay down the Law and back our CP mods into a corner.

crossbow
04-04-2005, 10:51 AM
We just have to lay down the Law and back our CP mods into a corner.

Where did you get that Avatar? Its nice to look at.

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Where did you get that Avatar? Its nice to look at.
Over at the Keyra greatest ass thread on pictures. And yes... it is nice to look at.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2005, 11:08 AM

hopeless

TEX
04-04-2005, 11:14 AM
From what media and coaches say, he doesn't have a neck problem until gametime. During practice, the dude makes ALL the plays, they say. But, I think, during gametime he gets too caught up in not letting something bad happen that he forgets his fundamentals. Put him back at safety where he can see the whole field... just my opinion, though.

That's fine with me as long as the whole field he sees is a different field than the one the CHIEFS are playing on.

beavis
04-04-2005, 11:16 AM
I totally agree with you. I think he'd make a hell of a good flag football corner. Until he gets that opportunity, I'm not going to count him out.

petegz28
04-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Comparing the Patriots D to the Chiefs D is like comparing your football takes to someone who actually watches the game.

The Patriots have a SUPERIOR front 7 and superior coaches.

More to the point the Patriots hav better LB's!

Chiefs Pantalones
04-04-2005, 11:50 AM
=Champ Bailey no thanks!

That is odd. I'd love to have Champ Bailey or Surtain. We'll be getting one of the top CBs in the league if the trade goes down, and we won't be trading our best player for him. But it's not like the Broncos suffered that much, it doesn't matter who is back there, they produce, it's the system just as much the RB, either way, they didn't have that much of a setback. Their only setbacks, are their WRs, Dline, and their QB.

HipHopper4Life
04-04-2005, 12:01 PM
This is second hand information from a buddy of mine whopost on a Saints board, so take it for what it's worth.

I was on the way home from work around 8PM EST last night and was listening to the Big 870. Mike D. was on and talking Saints. He basicaly confirmed what was said on Sirius radio on Saturday. If the deal sending Darren Howard to Dallas for their 2nd and 5th round picks is completed in time, we will then send our own 2nd round pick to Miami for Patrick Surtain. We'd have to agree to a contract extention with Surtain, but we feel that shouldn't be a problem since the parameters were already laid out by his agent.

If the deal to Dallas falls through, we will revisit talks with Oakland for either Woodson or Buchanon. Haslett absolutely does not want to go into the season with Fahkir or Thomas starting opposite McKenzie.

Mike also talked about our draft plans. He said that we've really fallen in love with Barrett Ruud and will try to trade back a few spots if we do take him in the first.

Mike D is usually right on the money with his information and this would make alot of sense since CB and LB are our biggest needs. Surtain should get a pretty fair sized contract but not as much as Woodson wants. Can you imagine big mouth Horn's yearly hissy fit if we gave Woodson that much money?.

htismaqe
04-04-2005, 12:05 PM
This is second hand information from a buddy of mine whopost on a Saints board, so take it for what it's worth.

If that's the case, we should probably just get the deal done.

Somebody want to send this info to Carl Peterson? :D

TEX
04-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Now that we have agreed in principal to a contract with Surtain, it's going to be very easy for a team to swoop in and trade for him and use our deal as a template for a contract. :shake: