PDA

View Full Version : Fujita

dtrain
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Has he signed a new contract or his tender?

petegz28
04-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Not that I know of. I think he will be back but we are trying to get him on the cheap. He is a better player than our defense has allowed him to be.

tyton75
04-04-2005, 02:40 PM
I personally think he is a good guy.. but no better than an average LB.. he looks good at times, but I think its simply because he has so many opprotunities because our defense sux

petegz28
04-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I personally think he is a good guy.. but no better than an average LB.. he looks good at times, but I think its simply because he has so many opprotunities because our defense sux

I think of he had some better players around him he could really be effective. He is one of the fastest LB's in the league. Jsut needs to work on his tackling.

Ultra Peanut
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
He signed the tender, IIRC.

FOOJ rocks.

Radar Chief
04-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Jsut needs to work on his tackling.

That could be said of our entire defense.

Gravedigger
04-04-2005, 03:06 PM
I love scott fujita he is young fast and tenacious if he beefed up just a bit and maintained that speed he'd be the best LB we would have depending on bell's status.

philfree
04-04-2005, 03:08 PM
He signed the tender, IIRC.

FOOJ rocks.

I hadn't heard that. i looked on the cbssportsline Chiefs page and he's not listed as "re-signed" just as a "restricted" FA.

PhilFree :arrow:

philfree
04-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I love scott fujita he is young fast and tenacious if he beefed up just a bit and maintained that speed he'd be the best LB we would have depending on bell's status.

He is fast......I remember one play........

PhilFree :arrow:

ct
04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I've heard nothing about him signing. We tendered him as a restricted free agent, but I don't recall at what level. Anyone know?

Radar Chief
04-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I've heard nothing about him signing. We tendered him as a restricted free agent, but I don't recall at what level. Anyone know?

IIRC he was offered the same contract as Bartee.

Gravedigger
04-04-2005, 03:24 PM
Correction fastest we have sorry for the mistake

ct
04-04-2005, 03:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/afc-restricted

Looks like the comp level is his original round drafted, a 5th.

Kyle401
04-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Q - What is the difference between a restricted free agent and an unrestricted free agent?
A - Players become restricted free agents when they complete three accrued seasons and their contract expires. Unrestricted free agents have completed four or more accrued seasons with an expired contract.
Q - What constitutes an "accrued season?"
A - Six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserved-injured or "physically unable to perform" lists.

Q - Other than accrued seasons, what determines a restricted free agent?
A - He has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players) from his old club. He can negotiate with any club through April 16. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club can match the offer and retain him because it has the "right of first refusal." If the old club does not match the offer, it can possibly receive draft-choice compensation depending on the amount of its qualifying offer. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club on April 16.

There are three levels of compensation (set by the CBA) which can be offered to RFA's:
low tender - recieve a draft pick equal to the round in which the player was taken if the player signs with another team.
middle tender - first round compensation if the player signs with another team.
high tender - 1st and 3rd round compensation if the player signs with another team.

The Chiefs offered Fooj the low tender. As noted if Fooj does not accept a qualifying offer from another team by April 16, the Chiefs retain exclusive rights to him at the tendered amount.

dtrain
04-04-2005, 06:00 PM

I thought he was one of the few bright spots on the D. Just think if he had played more as a rookie where he could be right now. I say we need to keep him and find a Sam backer. I say get sharper or the other linebacker the Texans released.

Sure-Oz
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
He's fast, perhaps with some better players around him he will improve, he's the best of our pile of shit LB's from last year.