PDA

View Full Version : Family photos.

Rain Man
04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
What are the oldest and/or coolest family photos you own?

I've had a long-delayed project to put together an ancestor wall in my house. My wife and I would put photos of ourselves in the middle, and then we'd branch out to the left and right with direct ancestors.

The oldest photo I've obtained as part of this project is a fuzzy copy of one of my direct ancestors in a Civil War uniform. I've also got pictures of my grandmother's family before she was born, standing in front of their log cabin. (Of course, this was in the Ozarks, so the year is 1910.) My grandfather as a teenager had a hairstyle that is uncannily similar to modern teenager haircuts.

My wife has pictures of some of her ancestors before they immigrated to the U.S. from Norway, and she's also got a big photo of her grandfather in a World War I uniform.

I love old photos.

Phobia
04-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I have more old photos of ancient, unknown relatives than I do of relatives with whom I actively socialize.

I'm very intrigued by them. One in particular resembles me very strongly. He's from my father's side, so I'm pretty sure I'm not a bastard.

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2005, 09:19 PM
I have a crapload of relative pics. Here's my cousin being HARDCORE:

http://img191.exs.cx/img191/5813/cimg00720tn.jpg

Of course you've all seen my sister in the boba fett getup.

HemiEd
04-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Does he whistle when he talks? :p

Count Alex's Losses
04-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Does he whistle when he talks?

No.

morphius
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
My Grandma put together a video tape of us cousins as kids from one of those old camera with no sound. But as far as pictures go, there is nothing all that special.

siberian khatru
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
http://www.wga.hu/art/d/domenich/adam_eve.jpg

HemiEd
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
:LOL:

WilliamTheIrish
04-04-2005, 11:14 PM
I have some great photos of my Pop on the islands of Saipan and Tinian during WWII. Have some of him on the mainland of Japan after the bomb too.

KC Jones
04-04-2005, 11:23 PM
I've got photos going back 3 generations to my great grandparents circa 1900. Maybe even some that are older.

Funny you should mention this as my wife is sort of trying to start a business related to old family photos. She got into geneology recently and then started buying up old photos on ebay and at flea markets. She thinks she's gonna figure out who the people are and trace them to their descendants to sell the photos.

In reality, she's just buying old photos of people not related to us and storing them in our basement. Even is she ever did trace anyone down, she'd probably just end up giving them the photos. I love my wife, but she has no business sense whatsoever.

badgirl
04-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I've got photos going back 3 generations to my great grandparents circa 1900. Maybe even some that are older.

Funny you should mention this as my wife is sort of trying to start a business related to old family photos. She got into geneology recently and then started buying up old photos on ebay and at flea markets. She thinks she's gonna figure out who the people are and trace them to their descendants to sell the photos.

In reality, she's just buying old photos of people not related to us and storing them in our basement. Even is she ever did trace anyone down, she'd probably just end up giving them the photos. I love my wife, but she has no business sense whatsoever.
She should just say the photos are haunted and someone will pay a high price for them ROFL save herself a lot of work to. :thumb:

Herzig
04-04-2005, 11:36 PM

So, your cousin has 3 chins. If you think that's hardcore, you really need to get out more.

stumppy
04-05-2005, 01:25 AM
So, your cousin has 3 chins. If you think that's hardcore, you really need to get out more.

Within the Goatcheese family they are referred to as jiz deflectors.

Count Alex's Losses
04-05-2005, 01:26 AM

That's not hardcore. But look at his expression! Look at the flame! HARDCORE!

Der Flöprer
04-05-2005, 01:32 AM
I have more old photos of ancient, unknown relatives than I do of relatives with whom I actively socialize.

I'm very intrigued by them. One in particular resembles me very strongly. He's from my father's side, so I'm pretty sure I'm not a bastard.

Maybe not by birthright............;) You know speaking on the subject I was actually scouted by the IRS for a job, until they found out my parents were married.

Joe Seahawk
04-05-2005, 02:09 AM
This is my son Jeremy after capturing his first Geoduck at low tide last summer..

Joe Seahawk
04-05-2005, 02:12 AM
And then he gave it to this little guy.. ROFL

chappy
04-05-2005, 02:40 AM
gochiefs is your cousin related in anyway to Howard Dean?

Bob Dole
04-05-2005, 05:28 AM

Christ.

The whole ****ing family is defective.

Bwana
04-05-2005, 08:45 AM
gochiefs is your cousin related in anyway to Howard Dean?

Oh wow, he does look a little like him doesn't he? :eek:

morphius
04-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Christ.

The whole ****ing family is defective.

I find it even more odd that you are shocked by this...

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
My Grandma put together a video tape of us cousins as kids from one of those old camera with no sound. But as far as pictures go, there is nothing all that special.

My aunt and uncle filmed a couple of family Christmases that way back in the early 70s. I've asked them a couple of times if I could get the film and transfer it to video, but they don't know where it's at. I'd love to be able to see my grandparents when they were still active, and see what my parents looked like at my age. For that matter, it'd be fun to see what I acted like at the age of 8 or 9, too.

morphius
04-05-2005, 09:06 AM
My aunt and uncle filmed a couple of family Christmases that way back in the early 70s. I've asked them a couple of times if I could get the film and transfer it to video, but they don't know where it's at. I'd love to be able to see my grandparents when they were still active, and see what my parents looked like at my age. For that matter, it'd be fun to see what I acted like at the age of 8 or 9, too.
According to my cousins I walked away with the show, LOL! It is damn funny watching yourself running around the grandparents farm like a madman at the age of 4. Though watching myslef trying to a summersault up and embackment was a bit embarrassing. My Mom has a bunch of those old video's that we need to get transfered as well.

chappy
04-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Oh wow, he does look a little like him doesn't he? :eek:

Yes I thought this was a Howard Dean Iowa Rally at first glance

Phobia
04-06-2005, 01:00 AM
see what my parents looked like at my age.

Your mother had one of those Quaker style beards with no mustache. She was not a very attractive woman, Kevin. But, she sure is a tiger in the sack....

Brando
04-06-2005, 01:03 AM

First we're gonna rape Bobbafett, then we're going to rape Lando, then we're going to rape Solo HEEEE-YAH!