PDA

View Full Version : Illinois deserves to lose just to punish...

jAZ
04-04-2005, 10:05 PM
... their head coach for wearing that sport-coat.

:shake:

Braincase
04-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Thank you Mr. Blackwell.

PunkinDrublic
04-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Still bitter from one of the biggest choke jobs ever eh ROFL

Frazod
04-04-2005, 10:55 PM
I was rooting for Illinois, but there's no way I could ever be a fan. Not with all that goddamned orange.

:Lin:

And yes, that jacket was nasty.

Uncle_Ted
04-04-2005, 11:50 PM
Did you see any of their home games this year? Everyone in the crowd wears orange. Absolutely disgusting. And they have a chant that is almost as dumb as the Broncos IN-CUM-PLETE ... one side chants I-L-L, then the other chants I-N-I.

Thank God they lost tonight ... would've been unbearable here if they'd won it all.

Cochise
04-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Look like the basket-Donkos to me. :shake:

jAZ
04-05-2005, 12:49 AM
:banghead: :deevee: :cuss:

Pants
04-05-2005, 12:55 AM

Gah! No shit. Villanova should have beaten UNC and AZ should have beaten Illinois. The world would be a much better place.

jAZ
04-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Gah! No shit. Villanova should have beaten UNC and AZ should have beaten Illinois. The world would be a much better place.
Indeed.

WilliamTheIrish
04-05-2005, 01:26 AM
I kind of liked the jacket.

Der Flöprer
04-05-2005, 02:15 AM
So jAZ, aren't you glad the Wildcats and Huskies didn't get seeded in the same bracket?

Indeed.

Louisville handed us our proverbial asses. Next year should be better. Pretty good recruiting class. Have to admit though, 5 out of 6 vs. Arizona is making a statement for an historically lowly team like the Huskies. I'm lookin forward to a good rivalry down the road. Lute is the man, and Lorenzo is trying to claim the throne. Should make for some good roundball.

CoMoChief
04-05-2005, 02:26 AM
KANSAS TO WIN IT ALL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

chappy
04-05-2005, 02:36 AM
i thought the jacket was awesome knowing the history and tradition behind it. i think it was more about tradition and honoring a former illini coach then personal preference. atleast i am led to believe this based upon the fact that they were celebrating their 100th year this year and the honoring of Lou Henson's 21 years there. (he styled the first orange sports jacket)

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 02:36 AM
I thought the jacket kind of rocked.

jAZ
04-05-2005, 02:44 AM
So jAZ, aren't you glad the Wildcats and Huskies didn't get seeded in the same bracket?

Louisville handed us our proverbial asses. Next year should be better. Pretty good recruiting class. Have to admit though, 5 out of 6 vs. Arizona is making a statement for an historically lowly team like the Huskies. I'm lookin forward to a good rivalry down the road. Lute is the man, and Lorenzo is trying to claim the throne. Should make for some good roundball.
Yep...

However, based mostly on the historical trend of Pac-10 flavor-of-the-season-rivalry's with Arizona, Washington is going to have to keep winning over the long haul to really become a good rivalry.

In my time since I've come to the UofA, we've always been a top 25 team (almost literally) and have always made the Big Dance. During that time, we've had about 10 different "rivalries" with various Pac-10 teams each having their day in the sun.

First it was UCLA, they started to suck ass...
Then it was Cal, but JKidd and Abdur-Rahim left...
Then it became Oregon... but they've since faded.
Then Stanford came up.... now Monty is gone

and now it's UW. You guys have been a real thorn in our side. Kudos to you guys for owning us the last 2 years.

UW has as good a chance to maintain their success over the long haul as either UCLA or Stanford, IMO... but based on the history of the Pac-10, it's unlikey that anyone but Arizona will be constistantly in contention for a Pac 10 title EVERY YEAR for 20 years straight.

Once Lute retires, I think a big window will open for UW, UCLA or someone else to become the face of the Pac 10. Unfortunately for everyone but Wildcat fans, I don't think Lute is going anywhere anytime soon.

jAZ
04-05-2005, 02:45 AM
i thought the jacket was awesome knowing the history and tradition behind it. i think it was more about tradition and honoring a former illini coach then personal preference. atleast i am led to believe this based upon the fact that they were celebrating their 100th year this year and the honoring of Lou Henson's 21 years there. (he styled the first orange sports jacket)
Bah!

Sentimental BS doesn't make that jacket any less ugly.

:p

Der Flöprer
04-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Yep...

However, based mostly on the historical trend of Pac-10 flavor-of-the-season-rivalry's with Arizona, Washington is going to have to keep winning over the long haul to really become a good rivalry.

In my time since I've come to the UofA, we've always been a top 25 team (almost literally) and have always made the Big Dance. During that time, we've had about 10 different "rivalries" with various Pac-10 teams each having their day in the sun.

First it was UCLA, they started to suck ass...
Then it was Cal, but JKidd and Abdur-Rahim left...
Then it became Oregon... but they've since faded.
Then Stanford came up.... now Monty is gone

and now it's UW. You guys have been a real thorn in our side. Kudos to you guys for owning us the last 2 years.

UW has as good a chance to maintain their success over the long haul as either UCLA or Stanford, IMO... but based on the history of the Pac-10, it's unlikey that anyone but Arizona will be constistantly in contention for a Pac 10 title EVERY YEAR for 20 years straight.

Once Lute retires, I think a big window will open for UW, UCLA or someone else to become the face of the Pac 10. Unfortunately for everyone but Wildcat fans, I don't think Lute is going anywhere anytime soon.

Honestly, I hope Lute doesn't go anywhere anytime soon. I love the guy. Not only is he one of the best coaches of all time, and an all around stand up guy, but he is also the perfect person to put the Pac-10 on the map. I personally thank him for UW getting the 1 seed. If he hadn't done all that b*tching about our exposure during the tourney neither of us would've gotten it. The Pac-10 needs a guy like Lute to tell people how it is because he has the respect. Tom Hanson sure won't get it done. Kudos to you for being secure enough in your teams talent, ability, and staying power to listen to me gloat over our little accomplishments of late. Rep forthcoming.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 03:01 AM
I don't think Lute is going anywhere anytime soon.

That's what we :IA: fans thought, too. Lute put Hawkeye basketball on the map.

chappy
04-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Pac-10 is a fun conference to watch, lots of competition and underrated players, i see the respect improving though.

DaWolf
04-05-2005, 04:34 AM
Lame looking...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050405/capt.moff10804050152.ncaa_championship_moff108.jpghttp://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050405/capt.moff10604050144.ncaa_championship_moff106.jpg

jAZ
04-05-2005, 05:08 AM
That's what we :IA: fans thought, too. Lute put Hawkeye basketball on the map.
20 years later, it seems Lute put Arizona BB on the map too.

Though (thankfully) maybe a little higher up on that map than what he was able to do during his time in Iowa.

:p

StcChief
04-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Every school has their tradition and colors.
Deal with it.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Well, I sure as hell didn't see any orange sported in Chicago on the way to work this morning...

That at least is a good thing.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Bruce Weber has gigantic balls wearing that jacket on such a large stage . I applaud him for it especially considering the reason he did it. School spirit isn't always pretty I guess.

:)

Congrats and thank you Illini for giving your fans (even though they're my second team admittedly) one of the best seasons in the history of college bb to enjoy!

Congrats to Roy for getting the monkey off his back and mostly for not choking again. It surprised me that I was actually happy for him......

:)

:thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-05-2005, 08:45 AM
Lame looking...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050405/capt.moff10804050152.ncaa_championship_moff108.jpghttp://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050405/capt.moff10604050144.ncaa_championship_moff106.jpg
He wore it to celebrate the 100th year of bb at Illinois and because Lou Henson used to wear one dumbass. It wasn't about fashion, it was about school spirit.

:rolleyes: