PDA

View Full Version : I hate to give props to myself...

Chiefs Pantalones
04-04-2005, 10:31 PM
I said when Roy Williams left KU a couple years ago that he would finally win a title at UNC because he had more talent to work with at UNC.

Well, I was right.

As much as it hurts that it's not KU, I'm happy for Roy and UNC. Great program, great history, and a great coach in Roy. Roy and they all deserve it.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Also, I just won $120 for picking UNC to win it all in my bracket, and against Illinois. Out of the four, I only got UNC and Illinois right in my final four, but since I got UNC winning against Illinois, I get extra dough.

Wow. Dang I'm good. hehe

I also got an extra $80 coming. I'm usually not good at this pool or gambling thing, but wow, I lucked out this time.

Baby Lee
04-04-2005, 10:43 PM
He left the land of children to lead the world of men. Good on him for realizing what a wasteland the flyover states truly are.

KCFalcon59
04-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Roy wouldn't recruit against UNC. It's a wonder he did so well at KU considering he didn't want to intrude on Deans turf.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Roy wouldn't recruit against UNC. It's a wonder he did so well at KU considering he didn't want to intrude on Deans turf.

I've always thought KU wasn't as talented as they were in Roy's era at KU. I think great coaching got them as far as they did, but didn't have the talent to put them over the top. At UNC, there is both, great coaching and great talent so that is why we sit here tonight watching Roy and UNC celebrating a National Title. Roy always has been a great coach, he just didn't have that good of talent surrounding him at KU.

Baby Lee
04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
I've always thought KU wasn't as talented as they were in Roy's era at KU. I think great coaching got them as far as they did, but didn't have the talent to put them over the top. At UNC, there is both, great coaching and great talent so that is why we sit here tonight watching Roy and UNC celebrating a National Title. Roy always has been a great coach, he just didn't have that good of talent surrounding him at KU.
Buh---Buh-buh Boys to Men.

Sure-Oz
04-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I though Roy's team with Jacque Vaughn, Paul Peirce, and Lafrentz had the best shot.