PDA

View Full Version : No Good Can Come From Beating the Donks Today

Chief Nathan
12-17-2000, 08:54 AM
Other than bragging right over the Donks, there is nothing good that can come from it. Lower draft pick, tougher schedule, ensures that we get stuck with Goonthar for another year and we would be helping the Faiders....None of that sounds very good to me....So I say lay down Chiefies, Chiefies lay down......

DoktorSmith
12-17-2000, 09:06 AM
Bragging rights over the Broncos is reason enough.

xoxo~
gaz
ain't layin' down for no stinking Donkeys.

Griese Fan
12-17-2000, 09:09 AM
You may be right, but I will not, no, can not root for a Chiefs loss.
Go Chiefs, an A$$ stomping today is all I want for my birthday!
the milkman
shamelessly seeking birthday wishes

DoktorSmith
12-17-2000, 09:10 AM
Happy Birthday, milkman!

xoxo~
gaz
hopes the milkman gets what he wants.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-17-2000, 09:11 AM
Bob Dole wishes you a birthday.

Chief Nathan
12-17-2000, 09:14 AM
I would gladly take a worse draft pick, a tougher schedule and for that matter I would even being willing to help the hated Faiders for a a$$ stompping of the Donks today. But I truely feel like todays game will decide Goonthar's fate and I can't take another year of him and his staff. Otherwise we will all be back in here mid-season next year crying in our beers over the same topics...I am not willing to throw away another season for bragging rights over the Donks.

DoktorSmith
12-17-2000, 09:20 AM
jl80-

I look at it this way:

 If we win, Gunther MAY return.

 If we lose, BroncoFan WILL return.

Itís an easy choice, IMO.

xoxo~
gaz
picking the lesser of two evils.<BR>

Chief Nathan
12-17-2000, 09:24 AM
Gaz,

Very good point...I guess I can now be happy regardless of the outcome...Unless we lose and GOONTHAR still gets to keep his job.

DoktorSmith
12-17-2000, 09:27 AM
jl80-

Yeah, that would be the worst of both worlds.

xoxo~
gaz
suddenly very depressed.<BR>

ChiTown
12-17-2000, 09:31 AM
I'll take scoreboard any day over the Donks where I live. Everyone here in this town is a Donk fan.(Scottsbluff,Ne) I'm probably one of two Chief fans in town that I know of. I'll have bragging right at least untill next year. Hell yes!! I want them to win! I want to see a A$$ whooping today! http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

j molina
12-17-2000, 10:09 AM
I've been fully behind the "lose out and dump Gun" campaign since the San Diego game, but I can't do this anymore. Maybe its the win last week, maybe its my strong distaste for the horsey heads, but I just can't do it anymore.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

By the way, I think Gun will be back next year win or lose.

Ecto-I
12-17-2000, 10:34 AM
HELL NO!

Anyone who wants the Chiefs to lose at ARROWHEAD purely for long term best interests can swing from my n*ts! That kinda talk makes me want to puke!

What better than consecutive loses from the two "best" teams in the West. . . the Chiefs should feed from the inspiration of the Seahawks.

The more "fans" talk this kind of "lose for the cause" talk, the more of a Gun supporter I become.

------------------
Chief Justice Pants
(D)- Texas

Scorpdork
12-17-2000, 04:04 PM
There is a lot of good that comes from this game.That good feeling knowing the Donkeys have not beaten the Chiefs since Marty left.Martys curse against the Donkeys is over.

SoCal Chief
12-17-2000, 04:13 PM
You may be right about the lower draft picks, but the schedule strentgh is based on your position in the division. Even if we lost today, we were tied for 3rd with Seattle and end up getting the tougher schedule anyway since we swept them, so we will get a third place schedule next season regardless of what happens next week.

Clint in Wichita
12-17-2000, 04:17 PM
The most important thing is finishing it on a positive note and taking it into next year with momentum. It was big for teams like Oakland and Baltimore last year, Atlanta won their last 6 games the year previous to the year they went to the Super Bowl, etc. Finish on a positive note, get excited about next year, work your *** off in the offseason, fill out some holes on the roster, and come back strong next year with your 3rd place schedule...

htismaqe
12-17-2000, 05:06 PM
There has not been much to cheer about around here and this win is has to be good for the team.
Maby some of the coaching staff should go but I give Gun another year with a good OC he could spend more time with the D and special teams and shore that up.
I have had a good time going to the games this year and we should be proud the team has not folded the tent until next year.
All of us were laughing at the faiders draft day and now it looks like they have a kicker and punter that will be around a long time.
With the Sea Chickens having two first round picks they too are not far away from a Div title.
It looks like the AFC west will be rough the next few years.
Lets hope they can pull some more sleepers out of the draft this year and get the players we need to get the west back and beyond.

Yosef_Malkovitch
12-17-2000, 05:15 PM
There may be hope yet for you shameful lose out fans. For the second game in a row, a good portion of the stands were empty. That speaks louder to the ownership and management than you fans who say you want them to lose. As long as you show up to the games, they know that you really don't mean it. Continue to support your team, just do it from your living room.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-17-2000, 05:18 PM
Bob dole doesn't remember laughing at the Raiders' draft picks. Bob Dole was campaigning for us to draft Lechler.

(Okay...Bob Dole laughed a little at Janikowski in the first round...)<BR>

Vortex Dweller
12-17-2000, 06:45 PM
I disagree. It showed with nothing to lose, or play for, our rb(T-Rich) can open up a can of wup-*** !!!!

KCTitus
12-17-2000, 06:49 PM
No good????? Any time we hand the Donks their A$$, that's GOOD....VERY GOOD!

nmt1
12-17-2000, 08:17 PM
I'm with you, Red Pants!!! Can I get an amen?

------------------
GO PITT!

BroncoFan
12-17-2000, 08:30 PM
raiderhader
I really hate to burst your bubble, but I think the weather had ALOT more to do with the empty seats, than the team being out of the playoffs. For the past 2 weeks we have had FRIGID temps and horriable wind chills!! I for one would have gone, but I can't enjoy a game while being treated for frost bite.

IMHO.

scooter
12-17-2000, 09:17 PM
I too would have used my season tix...but the probability of very icy conditions would have made it impossible for me to get to my seat. (I have a little harder time w/ snow & ice due to CP.)

Mark M [BornChiefs]
12-17-2000, 09:23 PM
AMEN

------------------
i dont feel tardy!!!!