PDA

View Full Version : Who's sick of seeing Dukes coach on the commercial

PunkinDrublic
04-04-2005, 09:59 PM
You know personally I hate guns but every time I see Mike Kryzewski shilling American express on that stupid commercial I wanna put a bullet through my T.V screen. You're a leader who happens to coach basketball yeah well I'm a liberal who happens to be brandishing a fire arm. Even when they're eliminated Duke is still the most hated team in college basketball.

Ultra Peanut
04-05-2005, 02:08 PM
How about GET ON THE BALL?

"I'm a leader who happens to coach basketball." **** you, you arrogant twat.

jcroft
04-05-2005, 02:09 PM
That's a bad commercial. It makes Coach K. look like a pompous ass, which I don't think he is. If I were him, i'd cringe every time I see it.

Braincase
04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Everytime you see it, append his spiel with "... and I sold out".

KCChiefsMan
04-05-2005, 02:13 PM
IMO it should be an NCAA violation, he is friggin recruiting on national TV

Simplex3
04-05-2005, 02:16 PM
No he's not. It's not like they show the arena with all the championship banners or anything.

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 02:19 PM
yeah well I'm a liberal who happens to be brandishing a fire arm.
:hmmm:

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2005, 02:25 PM
And everybody wonders where Quin learned all of his dirty stuff at Mizzou. Recruiting wise. Off the court, Snyder is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-05-2005, 02:29 PM
You know personally I hate guns but every time I see Mike Kryzewski shilling American express on that stupid commercial I wanna put a bullet through my T.V screen. You're a leader who happens to coach basketball yeah well I'm a liberal who happens to be brandishing a fire arm. Even when they're eliminated Duke is still the most hated team in college basketball.
ROFL

:clap:

I hate UNC and Kentucky just as bad fwiw....

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-05-2005, 02:29 PM
:hmmm:

good point..........

penchief
04-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Everytime you see it, append his spiel with "... and I sold out".

I agree. I like him as a coach. I like his style and I like the Duke program. But patting himself on the back and selling out at the same time seems to contradict the very same thing that I like about him.

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 02:31 PM
I agree, he also looks stupid driving that SSR. :cuss:

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
I just hate Duke and UNC and all the ACC/Big East schools that ESPN props up all the time.

Cochise
04-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Hmm... why might the crowd around here might not like looking at Coach K's banners? :hmmm:

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I just hate Duke and UNC and all the ACC/Big East schools that ESPN props up all the time.
I don't understand how ESPN could not give them props.

Cochise
04-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't understand how ESPN could not give them props.

I would guess that the best basketball conference in the country damn near year in and year out would probably get some run on a national sports network.

DTLB58
04-05-2005, 05:46 PM
I don't know why anyone would this it's "cool" to have a credit card?

The CC companies have sunk to a new low on recuriting college age kids. :shake:

Frazod
04-05-2005, 06:09 PM
I agree, he also looks stupid driving that SSR. :cuss:

Anybody would stupid driving one of those ugly-assed things. :shake:

Simplex3
04-05-2005, 06:11 PM
I would guess that the best basketball conference in the country damn near year in and year out would probably get some run on a national sports network.
I'm sure it's totally unrelated to the fact that most of the sports stations are headquartered right in the middle of those two conferences.

CoMoChief
04-05-2005, 06:20 PM
At least hes good. Hes probably the top 3 coaches of all level of any sport. I think the guys amazing, partially because he comes from the man, BOBBY KNIGHT!!!!

PunkinDrublic
04-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't know why anyone would this it's "cool" to have a credit card?

The CC companies have sunk to a new low on recuriting college age kids. :shake:

Credit card companies have always preyed on college age kids that's nothing new.

DJay23
04-05-2005, 06:39 PM
The Best active coach. He's earned the right to cash in on his name and station. I personally admire the Duke program. They may be arrogant, but they more often than not have good players who are also good students and good people. which is more than can be said for many progams including my beloved Jayhawks.

They have some crazy streak like 8 straight Sweet 16's. In this day and age that is phenomenal. You've got to respect the track record he's built.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 06:44 PM
Credit card companies have always preyed on college age kids that's nothing new.

They sure preyed on me when I was younger. They took in the ass when I filed bankruptcy, though. :D

Spott
04-05-2005, 06:58 PM
The Deniro American Express commercial is just as bad.

PunkinDrublic
04-05-2005, 07:05 PM
The Deniro American Express commercial is just as bad.

It's really sad because you'd like to think of them as humble and dignified not some corperate whores.

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Anybody would stupid driving one of those ugly-assed things. :shake:

You are probably correct on that. I have seen a lot of them on the dealer lot and they look kind of nice. They are supposed to resemble the 48-53 (?)Chevy Pickup but that shot of him they show looks really stupid. Kind of reminds me of the old "Rat Fink" stuff when I was young. ROFL

Frazod
04-05-2005, 07:43 PM
You are probably correct on that. I have seen a lot of them on the dealer lot and they look kind of nice. They are supposed to resemble the 48-53 (?)Chevy Pickup but that shot of him they show looks really stupid. Kind of reminds me of the old "Rat Fink" stuff when I was young. ROFL

I just think they suck. If they were going to come out with a retro pick-up, why not go with the El Camino? At least that was half-Chevelle. :shake:

milkman
04-05-2005, 08:08 PM
ShaShevSki is a two faced prick.

NJ Chief Fan
04-05-2005, 08:47 PM
i think people look stupid driving any american car but thats another story...

how is his commercials helping duke in recruiting? last time i checked dukes been getting most of the studs that dont go to the nba any way...as for quinn getting his recruiting lessons from coach k? are you f'n serious? coach k does not have to pay kids to come to duke...the mans a true class act and would never go out and pay high school kids

KCWolfman
04-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Where is ENDelt's vanity plate when you need it?

Ahh, here it is.

HC_Chief
04-05-2005, 09:01 PM

By which definition do you mean "American car". Most Japanese and German cars sold in the US are built here as well ;)

If you mean "Big Three", as in Detroit's big three, then I agree. They crank ou crap, for the most part. But, I must admit, I really dig the new Chrysler 300c... especially the one w/ the Hemi package :D

NJ Chief Fan
04-05-2005, 09:26 PM
im talkin about ford(lincoln mercury) gm (with the exception of the cadillac escalde) dodge chrysler jeep(with the exception of the viper)
even though dodge is owned by merces too merces are so but ugly with the exception of the sl series

im also feelin the wanna be rolls royce

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 10:13 PM
I just think they suck. If they were going to come out with a retro pick-up, why not go with the El Camino? At least that was half-Chevelle. :shake:

It is just an image vehichle like the Prowler was for Chrysler. I don't think there intentions were to sell very many with the price point they have. However, if they did an El Camino like you suggest, they may have to actually gear up for production!

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM

Dumbass! :fire:

Frazod
04-05-2005, 10:18 PM
It is just an image vehichle like the Prowler was for Chrysler. I don't think there intentions were to sell very many with the price point they have. However, if they did an El Camino like you suggest, they may have to actually gear up for production!

If they want to compete with the new Mustang, I think they'll need to dust off the Chevelle and get it into production. Assuming there's anyone left at Chevy with the brains to realize that, which I doubt. The folks at GM seem more interested in churning out cars that look like bugs.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Dumbass! :fire:

My thoughts exactly. :grr:

BTW, I'll give you a call tomorrow night. Perhaps we can hook up at some point on Saturday.

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 10:24 PM
My thoughts exactly. :grr:

BTW, I'll give you a call tomorrow night. Perhaps we can hook up at some point on Saturday.

That would be great, I play golf at 6.07 on Saturday, so should be home by 11 ish. Wife is going to daughters for a week in Texas, so I will be batching it. Hope to pick up the new block for the boat on Thursday. :thumb:

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
If they want to compete with the new Mustang, I think they'll need to dust off the Chevelle and get it into production. Assuming there's anyone left at Chevy with the brains to realize that, which I doubt. The folks at GM seem more interested in churning out cars that look like bugs.

GM hired most of the good guys that the Germans ran off from Chrysler, thus the Cadillac line. They have made an attempt with the GTO, but it is made in Austrailia IIRC. It looks nothing like the original, they do have a lot of work to do.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 10:38 PM
That would be great, I play golf at 6.07 on Saturday, so should be home by 11 ish. Wife is going to daughters for a week in Texas, so I will be batching it. Hope to pick up the new block for the boat on Thursday. :thumb:

Cool. I have some business to take care of in the morning, but should be free in the afternoon.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 10:42 PM
GM hired most of the good guys that the Germans ran off from Chrysler, thus the Cadillac line. They have made an attempt with the GTO, but it is made in Austrailia IIRC. It looks nothing like the original, they do have a lot of work to do.

I may be in the minority, but I think the new Cadillacs are butt ugly (obviously I haven't driven one since they're waaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range). And while the new GTO is probably the sharpest GM (outside of the Vette), it does look nothing like the original, which is just dumb as hell, IMO. It's like when Chevy came out with the new Nova a few years ago, which also looked nothing like the original. WTF is the point of that? My Mustang looks like a Mustang. If it didn't, I wouldn't have bought it.

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 10:48 PM
I may be in the minority, but I think the new Cadillacs are butt ugly (obviously I haven't driven one since they're waaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range). And while the new GTO is probably the sharpest GM (outside of the Vette), it does look nothing like the original, which is just dumb as hell, IMO. It's like when Chevy came out with the new Nova a few years ago, which also looked nothing like the original. WTF is the point of that? My Mustang looks like a Mustang. If it didn't, I wouldn't have bought it.

Yep, I think the Nova was a joint venture between GM and Toyota, that is why I called it the "Toylet." hey check your smokes.