PDA

View Full Version : How many yards can Green pass for next year?

Epadfield
04-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked but I was wondering how many yards people here think Trent can pass for next year.

He started off last season badly and still manged 4,600, however Priest was hurt for half the season which upped his throw attemts and therefore his passing yards. Because of both those factors I say he will get the same amount as last season or maybe a bit more.

Count Zarth
04-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Kind of an odd question.

Trent starts every season off slow. I'm not sure if it's him or the passing game as a whole but for the first 3 or 4 games of every year in the DV era the passing game has started slowly.

I don't think his passing attempts really increased all that much either because of Priest's injury. We still ran the ball alot with LJ and Blaylock. We were a pass first offense in 2003 and were again last year.

So to answer your question I would say yes he can throw for about the same number of yards next year.

Although it is interesting that Trent's passing yardage has increased every year in the DV era. There's some more counter-evidence for those Donkey fans that say Trent has not improved since he's been here.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 12:27 AM
He started off last season badly and still manged 4,600, however Priest was hurt for half the season which upped his throw attemts and therefore his passing yards.

I don't know why you would suggest this. Is there any statistical data to back up this claim? If anything, I would think the Chiefs would throw more with Priest in the backfield because he's both a seasoned pass blocker and a good dumpoff back. If you look at the statistics I think you'll find the Chiefs actually ran the ball more with Blaylock and Johnson in the backfield.

As far as your question - who knows? Green could suffer a season ending injury on the first play of the year and throw for zero yards. Or he could put up 5,000. I think it really depends on the packages opposing defenses throw at them and how well the Chiefs revamped defense performs. If they're keying run, he'll throw for a lot of yards. But if the Chiefs defense can hold a 35-14 lead, I don't think Green will be making many throws in that situation.

tk13
04-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I really don't care about the yards, I'd rather see a great TD/INT ratio and passer rating. What I really want to see is Trent have a 90.0 passer rating or above. If he does that, he'd become only the 3rd QB in the history of the NFL to have a 90+ QB rating for 4 consecutive seasons. That would be quite a feat, I really hope he gets it.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 12:44 AM
I really don't care about the yards, I'd rather see a great TD/INT ratio and passer rating. What I really want to see is Trent have a 90.0 passer rating or above. If he does that, he'd become only the 3rd QB in the history of the NFL to have a 90+ QB rating for 4 consecutive seasons. That would be quite a feat, I really hope he gets it.

Oh, I dunno. I'm kinda looking forward to another 13-3 and homefield advantage throughout blown out their collective ass at Arrowhead.

alanm
04-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Oh, I dunno. I'm kinda looking forward to another 13-3 and homefield advantage throughout blown out their collective ass at Arrowhead.
Please Phil, Do not put in print, mention, or merely hint at the dreaded Death record for the regular season. Call me crazy but if we go 12-4 or 14-2 or anything but **-* that will get us into the playoffs I'll be able to watch the playoff game with out the season ending death record and it's bad Ju-ju hanging over the team. :banghead: