PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs interested in Antrel Rolle???

CoMoChief
04-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Kansas City Would Love to Rolle the Dice
By Nick Athan
Date: Apr 4, 2005

One of the primary reasons that the Kansas City has yet to agree to trade their second round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins for cornerback Patrick Surtain could be tied to the fact they could move up into the first round and select Miami Hurricane cornerback Antrel Rolle. Count the Chiefs as one of the teams that are coveting one of the most complete cornerbacks to come out of college in quite sometime.

I swear we better not do this. I will find Carl myself and drop off homeless people at his house on given nights.

PhogPhanTim
04-05-2005, 06:17 AM
What would be wrong with acquiring Surtain and taking Rolle? Anything to get Bartee off the field, plus Rolle would likely get some playing time with the potential suspension of Warfield.

Simplex3
04-05-2005, 06:35 AM
Carl just wants to sign Antrel Rolle because that cheap bastard already printed up those "Rolle" jerseys when he thought he was getting Samari.

Kyle401
04-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Carl just wants to sign Antrel Rolle because that cheap bastard already printed up those "Rolle" jerseys when he thought he was getting Samari.

ROFL

I hope we don't try to move up to get him. I think that we can get a good corner staying at 15. If we move up it should be to target DJ.

Manila-Chief
04-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Got a question for you guys.....

Who is the better NFL CB ... Rolle or Rogers? I noticed that Rogers got the post season awards and he played in a big time program against big time competetion. Is Rolle better? If so why or why not?

Manila-Chief
04-05-2005, 07:13 AM
ROFL

I hope we don't try to move up to get him. I think that we can get a good corner staying at 15. If we move up it should be to target DJ.

Kyle, I agree with you on the only move up to get DJ statement. It seems to me that we can answer our CB needs via a trade or signing Law or as you suggest get the one who falls to us at 15. If we get Surtain or a healthy Law then other needs become more glaring .... DJ will then be a nice fit for us!!!

But, I ask again is this guy as good as the article says he is ... I mean the best to come along in several years????

whoman69
04-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Look at your source. Its Athan. Despite this, outwardly we are interested in everyone and every position. You don't tip your cards in the draft. The only player I can really see us moving up to get is Derrick Johnson if he falls as far as Washington. Rolle is not that much of an upgrade if any over Rogers who we can still get at #15.

Lzen
04-05-2005, 07:24 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing us nab both Rolle and Surtain. But I'm guessing that Rolle won't be there when we pick. If that's the case, I would love to see a DE to replace Hicks.

Kyle401
04-05-2005, 07:24 AM
But, I ask again is this guy as good as the article says he is ... I mean the best to come along in several years????

Well he certainly thinks so:

15. It's 100 years from now. How are people going to remember you?
Rolle: The greatest player and the greatest person to ever play the game.

Link (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8221997)

There's no doubt he is good and probably will be very good in the pro's. But, I don't think that the drop off between him and Rogers is all that much, if anything. Some people even have A. Jones rated higher in this draft class than Rolle. Although I think Rolle is the top corner, I don't think he's very far ahead of Rogers. I would take either over Jones.

htismaqe
04-05-2005, 07:53 AM
What would be wrong with acquiring Surtain and taking Rolle? Anything to get Bartee off the field, plus Rolle would likely get some playing time with the potential suspension of Warfield.

Nothing.

But read the article again...it's suggesting we trade up to get Rolle INSTEAD of getting Surtain.

Chiefnj
04-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Rolle is probably the best all around corner in the draft. If you look at Kiper's latest mock, the period of making wild ass mocks to generate discussion is coming to an end, and players are slowly starting to fall back to their rankings at the end of the regular season/bowl season in college. Rolle is now listed as the first corner to be drafted in Kiper's mock; where he should have been all along. I wouldn't be surprised if Rogers surpasses Pac Man as well.

Gravedigger
04-05-2005, 07:58 AM
1. Athan sux 2. Rolle will be gone by the time our turn comes around. Maybe that is why Carl is stuck on giving the fins a 4th so he can trade up to get a better player then what will be available.

Duck Dog
04-05-2005, 08:01 AM
More BS from the front office making it look they are doing something. That way when they come up empty handed, they can say, "well, we tried."

penguinz
04-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Got a question for you guys.....

Who is the better NFL CB ... Rolle or Rogers? I noticed that Rogers got the post season awards and he played in a big time program against big time competetion. Is Rolle better? If so why or why not?Are you saying that the Miami Hurricanes is not a big time program and that thet do not play big time competetion?