PDA

View Full Version : Could someone give me the idiot's Cliff-notes version of the Chiefs off-season?

alnorth
04-05-2005, 08:16 AM
I've been pretty much distracted with politics, NCAA basketball, and baseball. I know the Chiefs have picked up a few people for the _efense and are hoping for more.

Could someone run by what Carl has done for us lately, and what the draft rumors are?

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
CP gets fans hopes up, by calling in all the big name FAs.

CP uses lame excuse to NOT sign, the best available CB...the position of most need for the team.

CP signs Bell and Knight to save his ass from bein' roasted alive, 10 days into FA period. Both players are good...but not great, and have lingering questions: Bell, injuries....Knight, age and speed.

CP negotiates a deal with Surtain, but forgets about compensating the Dolphins....hoping the appearance of havin' pursued Surtain will soften the blow of settling for Rogers with the first round pick in the draft.

Did I forget anything? :banghead:

DaWolf
04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Off the top of my head:

No major changes on offense. It's rumored that Morton might be released after June 1 but who knows since we really haven't upgraded the WR's.

Defensively we tried to sign Jeremiah Trotter from Philly and offered him more than Philly did but he wanted to be in Philly. We almost signed Samari Rolle but someone fugged it up releasing medical concerns to the media so he is in Baltimore.

We flirted with LB's Edgerton Hartwell and Kendrell Bell, Bell signed first. Hartwell held out for more, the market wasn't what he thought, and it came down to us or Atlanta for him, with Atlanta ponying up the most money at the end to take him away. We signed S Sammy Knight from the Dolphins and handed him one safety job and will let Woods and Wesley battle it out for the other one.

We have apparently agreed to a contract with CB Patrick surtain but Miami has to trade him to us. They want a 2nd rounder and we want to trade our 4th rounder for him, so currently it is a stalemate.

Ty Law stil has screws in his foot.

I have no idea who we are gonna take in the draft but many signs point to CB and then LB as the priority depending on who is there.

We got a 3rd round compensatory pick for the loss of John Tait last year. This pick cannot be traded unfortunately, otherwise Surtain would already be here...

siberian khatru
04-05-2005, 08:34 AM
If you'd spend more time paying attention to sports and less time arguing with Baby Lee in the DC forum ... :p

nmt1
04-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Lamar Hunt is a cheap bastard, Carl Peterson hates the fans and doesn't care what they say and Dick Vermiel is senile and delusional...at least that's what I've been told anyway.

Chiefnj
04-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Lamar Hunt is a cheap bastard, Carl Peterson hates the fans and doesn't care what they say and Dick Vermiel is senile and delusional...at least that's what I've been told anyway.

You forgot to add that the Chiefs couldn't sign their top choices because of a narrowing in Peterson's brain, and were forced to sign injury prone, older, has-beens that nobody else wants. Now they are about to piss away some draft picks for a CB that nobody wants with a degenerative knee condition, or keep the draft pick and waste it on a player that won't develop because Peterson can't draft worth a damn and the team can't develop worth a nickle-whore.

oldandslow
04-05-2005, 09:08 AM

This pretty much covers it --

nmt1
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
You forgot to add that the Chiefs couldn't sign their top choices because of a narrowing in Peterson's brain, and were forced to sign injury prone, older, has-beens that nobody else wants. Now they are about to piss away some draft picks for a CB that nobody wants with a degenerative knee condition, or keep the draft pick and waste it on a player that won't develop because Peterson can't draft worth a damn and the team can't develop worth a nickle-whore.

Oh...yeah...that too.

Brock
04-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Looks like the defense will still be bad to me.

htismaqe
04-05-2005, 10:09 AM
and were forced to sign injury prone, older, has-beens that nobody else wants.

sounds like the guy that we DIDN'T sign to me...

:hmmm:

I can't believe anybody is still pissed about Rolle, or why they wanted him in the first place...

beer bacon
04-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Poop threads.

oldandslow
04-05-2005, 11:05 AM
and were forced to sign injury prone, older, has-beens that nobody else wants.

sounds like the guy that we DIDN'T sign to me...

:hmmm:

I can't believe anybody is still pissed about Rolle, or why they wanted him in the first place...

Exactly.

What the hell do the Ravens know about defense anyway.

AirForceChief
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
... and the team can't develop worth a nickle-whore.

Does anybody want to know what/how well a nickle-whore develops?!? :hmmm:

htismaqe
04-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Exactly.

What the hell do the Ravens know about defense anyway.

Well, they did sign Deion Sanders. :hmmm:

beavis
04-05-2005, 02:37 PM
We still suck.

That's about it.