PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Seat Upgrade. Help me decide

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm on the 50 yard line section 324 but I'm only 4-5 rows from the top of the stadium up by the TV cameras.

I can move to row 11 but I have to go out to the 10 yard line in section 327.

What would you do?

Stay in the 50 yard line seats or go to the 10 yard line and improve 24 rows?

Brock
04-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Yes, move up. For sure.

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 08:46 AM
I would move down for sure. Esp since your view of the field is so expansive.

jspchief
04-05-2005, 08:48 AM
I'd take row 11, 20 yd line if it were me.

Edited to add: Depending on if you're currently in the sun, and if the new tickets are in the sun. Being in the sun is probably the biggest determining factor for me. That makes about a 20 degree difference on cold days.

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 08:50 AM
I have always thought the "50 yd line" thing was a little over rated. Our seats are in the corner on the lower level...on the same side of but oppisite from the tunnel where the Chiefs come out. Being right down by that endzone has been great alot of times. I can always see well enough to know whats goin on anywhere else on the field.

morphius
04-05-2005, 08:51 AM
20 yard line still gives you a great view, and lord knows that 5 rows from the top is a damn long way up there compared to 11 rows up. I would easily pick the 20 yard line. Now if it was the 10 yard line or less, I doubt I would make the move.

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
The seats are more like the 10 yard line and they are in the middle of the row. I'm on the isle right now which is pretty good for my fat ass. I can also move to an aisle seat in the end zone but I have to go to row 18 or so.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 08:55 AM
The seats are more like the 10 yard line and they are in the middle of the row. I'm on the isle right now which is pretty good for my fat ass. I can also move to an aisle seat in the end zone but I have to go to row 18 or so.

Dude - the endzone is quite a treat. If you're not prepared to make that large a committment, make sure you watch a game from the endzone this coming season. I'm not fond of the corners, I'm talking the actual endzone. I prefer it to the 50. I've had plenty of tickets both places.

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Dude - the endzone is quite a treat. If you're not prepared to make that large a committment, make sure you watch a game from the endzone this coming season. I'm not fond of the corners, I'm talking the actual endzone. I prefer it to the 50. I've had plenty of tickets both places.
I love it

jspchief
04-05-2005, 08:57 AM

Aisle seats throws in a whole new wrinkle. I personally love aisle seats because I'm getting up so often to piss and get more beer.

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Aisle seats throws in a whole new wrinkle. I personally love aisle seats because I'm getting up so often to piss and get more beer.

Yeah thats a big plus for me also. Most of the people around me have had tickets in my section for over 14 years. They are pretty cool but man I'd sure like to see the game from a little better perspective.

KCFalcon59
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
My seats are in sec 327. I think they are great. I say take those. You can see everything. It's also great comedy over there too. My seats are right above and to the left of the tunnel. There is a bad step towards the top of the tunnel. Everygame someone trips on it. I've seen people trip and spill everything you can think of. High comedy. I also saw a drunk fall over the rail at the top of the tunnel. He got knocked out for a few minutes but shook it off and went back up stairs.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 10:09 AM
My seats are in sec 327. I think they are great. I say take those. You can see everything. It's also great comedy over there too. My seats are right above and to the left of the tunnel. There is a bad step towards the top of the tunnel. Everygame someone trips on it. I've seen people trip and spill everything you can think of. High comedy. I also saw a drunk fall over the rail at the top of the tunnel. He got knocked out for a few minutes but shook it off and went back up stairs.

Have you ever seen anybody slip on nacho cheese?

CosmicPal
04-05-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd take the ten-yard line seats.

You'll get a more dramatic view of the TDs that occur.

You'll be closer to the action.

The noise level down there is absolutely thunderous. When that capacity-filled stadium all screams together- It literally sounds like a fast moving train moving right over you when you're down there.

You've already experienced the 50 yd line, now experience a new view.

The only reason I'd stay at the 50 yd line, is if you had friends and/or family sitting around you there.

But, if you just can't decide where to go- I then suggest you give your tickets to me, 'cause I know where I'll be sitting.

jspchief
04-05-2005, 11:00 AM
The more I think about the aisle seat thing, the more I think it would be a minor factor in how I upgrade seats. If you're planning on holding these tickets for a long time, sooner or later you're going to have to move off the isle to upgrade. There's just too few aisle seats combined with too many people that want them.

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
The more I think about the aisle seat thing, the more I think it would be a minor factor in how I upgrade seats. If you're planning on holding these tickets for a long time, sooner or later you're going to have to move off the isle to upgrade. There's just too few aisle seats combined with too many people that want them.

I'm never giving up my seats. I enjoy game day too much. Yep, eventually I'll have to move off the aisle or just stay where I'm at or pay someone 5k and buy myself some lower bowl ticket rights.

StcChief
04-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Down is good.

dtebbe
04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I have seats in Row 26 of 327 and they are great. Row 11 would be great seats, that's right where you come out of the tunnel. MOVE!

I'm assuming this is for 2 seats?

DT

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 03:07 PM
I have seats in Row 26 of 327 and they are great. Row 11 would be great seats, that's right where you come out of the tunnel. MOVE!

I'm assuming this is for 2 seats?

DT

3 seats.

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
My dad has split 4 lower level seats on an aisle with a business partner for as long as I can remember. He is wanting to move to club level. Our family doesn't have a problem with getting 2 one palce and 2 another in the same vicinity bc getting 4 club level seats together is almost impossible but the other guy wont go for that. For now its the same seats im not sure what he is gonna do for the future.

Bearcat
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I have always thought the "50 yd line" thing was a little over rated. Our seats are in the corner on the lower level...on the same side of but oppisite from the tunnel where the Chiefs come out. Being right down by that endzone has been great alot of times. I can always see well enough to know whats goin on anywhere else on the field.

As far as the game itself, I'll always prefer watching plays develop from first few rows of the upper deck, between the 40s...... However, I sat in 131 one year (row 5 or 6), which is the corner of the endzone opposite the tunnel, and the atmosphere made up for any problems seeing the play.

It makes sitting elsewhere seem so... quiet.

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 03:13 PM
As far as the game itself, I'll always prefer watching plays develop from first few rows of the upper deck, between the 40s...... However, I sat in 131 one year (row 5 or 6), which is the corner of the endzone opposite the tunnel, and the atmosphere made up for any problems seeing the play.

It makes sitting elsewhere seem so... quiet.
Ya, we are 124, its loud man...I love it...

I think thats a lot of the reason why I am not as negative as some on this board wheni t coems to the Chiefs...I love the Arrowhead experience so much. I have a blast when I get to go to the games.

dtebbe
04-05-2005, 03:15 PM
I just called again, and they have 3 in Sec 111 Row 27, they are endzone, but they are lowers! I'm just not an endzone guy!

DT

|Zach|
04-05-2005, 03:16 PM
I just called again, and they have 3 in Sec 111 Row 27, they are endzone, but they are lowers! I'm just not an endzone guy!

DT
Man, I have no idea why you wouldn't take those...you can get a good feel for the game wherever you are at. Those seats would be fun as hell.

dtebbe
04-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Man, I have no idea why you wouldn't take those...you can get a good feel for the game wherever you are at. Those seats would be fun as hell.

That would put my season ticket bill at a little over $5k if I didn't give up my upper level seats. I really need 4, and I already have 2 in Sec 123 under cover.

DT

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM

DT

Wanna trade my 50 yard line ones for those then?:)

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
That would put my season ticket bill at a little over $5k

Gawd-DAMN.

dtebbe
04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
Wanna trade my 50 yard line ones for those then?:)

Dude, I didn't get them.... CALL NOW and they are yours!!!!

DT

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 03:29 PM
I just took section 111 row 28. I've made it to the lower bowl. PBJIt's the end zone by the tunnel. :thumb:

dtebbe
04-05-2005, 04:19 PM
I just took section 111 row 28. I've made it to the lower bowl. PBJIt's the end zone by the tunnel. :thumb:

I couldn't resist, I picked up 3 in Sec 111 row 27, Seats 1-3.

What are your seat numbers? Maybe we will be neighbors...

DT

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 04:34 PM
I couldn't resist, I picked up 3 in Sec 111 row 27, Seats 1-3.

What are your seat numbers? Maybe we will be neighbors...

DT

20-23 or something like that. Was too excited to pay attention to exact seat #'s. I know they are 4 seats off the aisle.

BigRedChief
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Just a reminder to the planet. I now sit in the lower bowl at Arrowhead.:p

Any tips on how to avoid the nasty slips on nacho cheese? Seems to be an issue down here so I'm just wanting to stay ahead of the curve.