PDA

View Full Version : Friendship and Gender

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Poll coming. It'll be one of a two-part series.

Oh, and please do not count spouses or significant others in this poll. Only platonic friends.

stumppy
04-05-2005, 08:48 AM
WELL ????

(Tapping foot, trying to get out of working on the lawn mower)

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Sorry. My polls move slower when it's raining.

stumppy
04-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Dang, you're fast.

Could you post a few more polls ? I'd rather participate in scientific research than try and run down parts for a lawn mower thats older than dirt.

Hoover
04-05-2005, 08:51 AM
a bunch

Phobia
04-05-2005, 08:52 AM
I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it.... Interesting. I'd say 7 which I found to be surprising. Most of them are when I was younger.

siberian khatru
04-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Are these my 10 best friends? Or my 10-best friends?

jspchief
04-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Where's the zero option?

Hoover
04-05-2005, 08:56 AM
I have always had a close group of guy friends (4), and the rest were chicks.

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Where's the zero option?

Dang it! I actually thought I'd added it to this one.

Little help?

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 09:06 AM
This one is tougher for me. I would like to say two were women, but one of those is the only good friend I've ever had where we had a falling out and aren't friends any more. (And no, it had nothing to do with sex.)

Historically, then, my answer would be two, but one of those is a dropout.

Mark M
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
If you're going to limit to "best" friends, that'd be only one.

And I married her.

MM
~~:D

badgirl
04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I've had a lot of male friends, I always find it easier to talk to men and I always got along better with men then women, I don't trust women who say they are your friends

chiefs4me
04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
I get along much better with men then women. I have always had close male friends......and they rub shoulders so much better.:p

CosmicPal
04-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Quite a few, actually.

I've had quite a few females for friends- and we had the best time. They were all very beautiful women, and some of them I would have sex with on drunken nights.

The only problem was- if I secured a girlfriend, the girlfriend didn't like the fact that a "buddy" of mine was another female. And, the same would occur with them- their boyfriends couldn't stand me. They were always jealous of the fact their girlfriends were having a better time hanging out with me then they were with them.

One of my best friends, Leslie- she and I had the wildest of times in KC. She was absolutely stunning, and laughed at everything. One night, we were at a bar and she had the hots for this guy. So, I went up to the dude and told him how Leslie wanted him. They hit it off and later married. Guess who wasn't invited to the wedding? Yep. That phuckin' prick wouldn't have anything to do with our friendship. But, for Leslie's sake- I let them be. I ran into her a couple of years before leaving for Denver and we had a blast just hanging out for a couple of hours before she returned home to her husband.

Same situation with a couple of gals here in Denver recently- one married and the other one is now engaged. Neither of their mates want me around.

The best friend I ever had though was Joyce. She and I lived together a few years ago. She was the most beautiful creature I've ever known. We had so much in common, but most importantly we laughed together, drank together, and covered our loneliness with each other. I can still here that laugh of hers and how it made my heart skip a few beats. I remember the soft texture of her skin and the wonderment that filled her brown eyes. She bounced like a girl and smile with the grace of a film star. We were very, very close.

Joyce indicated to me one night, she wanted us to start seeing people for she was afraid we were too close. It hurt, but I took her advice and went out that night, brought a gal home, and we started dating. Joyce wasn't very happy and started avoiding me and getting all pissy and everything until I went ballistic on her- "If you love me, tell me now and I'll dump her for you!" Joyce never talked to me again. A few days later she moved out of my life forever. I never quite understood what happened with that. I'm sorry....sh*t, now I'm getting teary-eyed....I don't miss anything, but I miss Joyce more than anything in the world. Thanks for the phucking thread idea, Kev...dammit.

Skip Towne
04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I would say 7. Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me and one says she's a friend of mine.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Heh... what's that Chris Rock bit? "Every female friend I have is some woman I was trying to f*ck... took a wrong turn somewhere, and ended up in the friend zone."

SCTrojan
04-05-2005, 12:17 PM
I would say 7. Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me and one says she's a friend of mine.

Take it easy, Skip.

I said four, but somewhat agree with Chris Rock's viewpoint.

I once heard someone say that you could have whiskey for a friend and you could have a dog for a friend. But if you have a woman for a friend, you'll end up drunk and kissing your dog.

Just something to think about.

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM

Are you not counting that girl over there in the flatbed Ford who's staring at you?

jcroft
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I said eight. Not sure it's spot on, but it's around there. Most of my very, very close friends have been female. I've really only had a few really tight guy friends that I was as open and real with as I often am with females.

Not sure why, but I've always seemed to relate better with women when it comes to very tight friendships.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Are you not counting that girl over there in the flatbed Ford who's staring at you?
I, for one, am not surprised that Skip is loitering. The Arizona part is kinda surprising, though.

Soupnazi
04-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Heh... what's that Chris Rock bit? "Every female friend I have is some woman I was trying to f*ck... took a wrong turn somewhere, and ended up in the friend zone."

And the other part..."Men don't have female friends, we just have women we haven't f*cked yet."

jcroft
04-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Does the fact that you fu*cked them make it not platonic?

If I can't count some of my very close friends who were also f*ck buddies, then my number is going to drop drastically.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Again, I don't think I've had 10 friends that I'd call "best friends". (I actually don't think I've 1, much less 10).

That aside, I think I've probably had almost as many female friends as male. Although now that I'm single again, I'm not sure it would be as easy to keep a platonic relationship with a female unless she was a total butterface or a beached whale. And that would be problematic in and of itself, being as judgemental and utterly devoid of tact as I am.

morphius
04-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Again, I don't think I've had 10 friends that I'd call "best friends". (I actually don't think I've 1, much less 10).

That aside, I think I've probably had almost as many female friends as male. Although now that I'm single again, I'm not sure it would be as easy to keep a platonic relationship with a female unless she was a total butterface or a beached whale. And that would be problematic in and of itself, being as judgemental and utterly devoid of tact as I am.
Have you thought of becoming best friends with memyselfi, you are both in the same city after all.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Have you thought of becoming best friends with memyselfi, you are both in the same city after all.
Haha.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Have you thought of becoming best friends with memyselfi, you are both in the same city after all.That falls somewhere between "bash head against wall" and "slit wrists" on my list of 100 things I don't plan on ever doing.

morphius
04-05-2005, 01:49 PM
That falls somewhere between "bash head against wall" and "slit wrists" on my list of 100 things I don't plan on ever doing.
Bashing head against the wall isn't really all that bad, just don't hit the stud...

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Bashing head against the wall isn't really all that bad, just don't hit the stud...I forgot to clarify that I meant a cinder block wall.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 02:07 PM
I like women.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I like women.
Uh huh.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I like women.But you loooooove men.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 02:21 PM