PDA

View Full Version : Friendship and Age.

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 08:56 AM
The last in the series, unless I decide to do another one. I'm funny that way.

Oh, and please do not count spouses or significant others in this poll. Only platonic friends.

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Heck. Can a mod add the zero option? I screwed up.

Hoover
04-05-2005, 09:03 AM
None

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 09:04 AM
None here, either. All of my best pals have historically been within three years of my age.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 09:12 AM
Would it be disrespectful to John Paul II to make an altarboy quip in this thread?

kc rush
04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Zero unless I count my son.

seclark
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
one from my teen years, and 2 current.
sec

Radar Chief
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Most of my friends are quite a bit younger than I am and have to be reminded how old I actually am. I consider it a good thing, when you start acting old is when you become old.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 10:07 AM
...I'm funny that way...

:hmmm:

badgirl
04-05-2005, 10:57 AM
My best friend was a girl who was 10 years younger than me, she was very mature for her age and I was at the time, quiet immature for mine, we had a lot of fun together.

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 11:15 AM
About ten years after I graduated high school, a girl (woman) from my class started working with my mom, and they became great friends. It kind of freaked me out.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 02:10 PM
I prefer older people, as friends; although younger people are more fun, generally.

MOhillbilly
04-05-2005, 02:11 PM
lots of older friends...lots.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 02:14 PM
lots of older friends...lots.

I'll bet you are popular with the blue hairs at the nursing homes....heh.

Skip Towne
04-05-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd say 0. I hate everybody.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 02:18 PM
5 years older a few times, but never 5 years younger.

Although if I ever do start dating again, you can be damned sure I'll be meeting plenty of people at least 5 years younger. No old farts for me. ROFL

Skip Towne
04-05-2005, 02:21 PM
5 years older a few times, but never 5 years younger.

Although if I ever do start dating again, you can be damned sure I'll be meeting plenty of people at least 5 years younger. No old farts for me. ROFL
Me either.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Me either.The difference for me, skip, is that dating someone half my age will land me in prison.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2005, 02:23 PM
The difference for me, skip, is that dating someone half my age will land me in prison.

Hell, Skip dating someone half his age won't even get him the senior discount. :p

HemiEd
04-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Most of my friends are much younger since I have such a hard time growing up. My best bud was born the year I graduated from High School. :)

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 04:57 PM

2 older and 3 younger

Count Zarth
04-05-2005, 05:21 PM
I haven't had 10+ friends.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
I have a handful of friends I've met through "traditional" means that are 5+ years older than me.

A majority of folks I've met because of this place is 5+ years older than me. Y'all are just a bunch of old bastards.

As for 5 or more years younger than me... mmm, not so much. I can't think of anyone I hang out with that's that young. 'Bout this time last year I was sleeping with a gal that was 5 years younger than me... but, that's all that comes to mind.

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Y'all are just a bunch of old bastards.

Make that 2 younger....oh hell it said best friends :D

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Make that 2 younger....oh hell it said best friends :D
Haha.

I'm finally gettin' some use out of that cell phone flask. Nights out at the bar are SO much cheaper with that thing.

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Haha.

I'm finally gettin' some use out of that cell phone flask. Nights out at the bar are SO much cheaper with that thing.

Glad to be of help to the pocketbook.

I'm hoping to get a pair of binocular.............uh,on second thought maybe not,ya never know who may be reading.

jcroft
04-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I have to say, these would be a lot more interesting if they were about people you've f*cked, rather than your friends.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Glad to be of help to the pocketbook.

I'm hoping to get a pair of binocular.............uh,on second thought maybe not,ya never know who may be reading.
Haha.

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I have to say, these would be a lot more interesting if they were about people you've f*cked, rather than your friends.
Probably.

Let's see... what's this one? Age?

Lesse... well, I already mentioned that gal last year that was 5 years younger than me. She might be the biggest difference going that direction. I can think of an 18 year old when I was 22... but, that's only four years obviously. Nothing else is coming to mind right away.

Going the other direction there's a few more. First gal I dated in AZ was 6 years older than me. I got a blowjob from some gal that was... 37, I think. I was 23 at the time, IIRC. Hm... there may be more. I'm just not very good at remembering ages I guess. I don't think there's many five years away from me. I tend to hook up with a lot of gals that are 1, 2, or 3 years older than me. Then, a lot of times I just never get around to asking their age... just assume it's roughly in the same neighborhood as mine. That's kinda what happened with that gal that was five years younger than me... I knew she was younger, but I didn't realize she was only twenty. Found out when she got busted w/ her fake ID at my favorite local bar (where I met her, btw).

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 06:40 PM

Eh. What's interesting about a poll that's mostly zeroes?

ENDelt260
04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Eh. What's interesting about a poll that's mostly zeroes?
You sayin' this isn't ladiesmanplanet.com?

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Eh. What's interesting about a poll that's mostly zeroes?We're online, we can make shit up. Nobody'd know the difference.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 06:42 PM
There are five people who I will refer to as "my best friend," all of whom have, through both words and deeds, moved to a point where their friendship and loyalty are beyond question. It's nearly impossible to rank them against each other, so I don't bother. I've known all of them for at least 14 years, and since I've never had much in the way of close family, I tend to regard them as family. I keep in regular contact with all of them and tend to see all of them at least once a year, even though they're spread from Tucson to Staten Island.

Beyond that, I have several close friends, ranging from junior high to people I've met through this board. I've known most of them for at least 10 years.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 06:44 PM
You sayin' this isn't ladiesmanplanet.com?Oh it is. Just like I'm sure there's probably 600 fat, middleaged balding guys who couldn't score in a whorehouse on IRC who each calls himself 'ladiesman'.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 06:47 PM
There are five people who I will refer to as "my best friend," all of whom have, through both words and deeds, moved to a point where their friendship and loyalty are beyond question. It's nearly impossible to rank them against each other, so I don't bother. I've known all of them for at least 14 years, and since I've never had much in the way of close family, I tend to regard them as family. I keep in regular contact with all of them and tend to see all of them at least once a year, even though they're spread from Tucson to Staten Island.I can't relate to that, for whatever reason. I was never close to my family, really, until the last year or so. I talk to my parents every couple of weeks now, and one of my sisters once every 4-6 weeks. But I've never had a single friend that I felt close enough to stay in touch with. I guess that's a problem I have, people have always been pretty disposable for me.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 06:52 PM
I can't relate to that, for whatever reason. I was never close to my family, really, until the last year or so. I talk to my parents every couple of weeks now, and one of my sisters once every 4-6 weeks. But I've never had a single friend that I felt close enough to stay in touch with. I guess that's a problem I have, people have always been pretty disposable for me.

My mom was completely insane and died when I was a kid. My dad's a total prick, and I haven't seen or spoken to him in over 10 years. I have a spoiled bitch of a half-sister who doesn't give a shit if I live or die (she's the child my dad had with the CORRECT wife after he left my mom). Over the years, I've gotten close to other family members, but that wasn't always the case. I needed friends.

bogie
04-05-2005, 07:00 PM
0 for me.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 07:02 PM
I needed friends.I think that's probably it. I've never felt like I needed anyone, with the possible exception of my ex-wife who I leaned on like a crutch when I was in that...dark place after I left college. Once I started getting better, she was disposable, too, just like everybody else I've ever known. I feel guilty sometimes that I have the capacity to treat people like that. Occasionally someone I work with or talk with online will ask why or how I don't have friends, and my response is generally that I just don't know how to be one. I've tried to work on it with my family since the divorce, but it's not easy.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I think that's probably it. I've never felt like I needed anyone, with the possible exception of my ex-wife who I leaned on like a crutch when I was in that...dark place after I left college. Once I started getting better, she was disposable, too, just like everybody else I've ever known. I feel guilty sometimes that I have the capacity to treat people like that. Occasionally someone I work with or talk with online will ask why or how I don't have friends, and my response is generally that I just don't know how to be one. I've tried to work on it with my family since the divorce, but it's not easy.

Do you consider any of the people on the BB to be your friends?

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Beyond that, I have several close friends, ranging from junior high to people I've met through this board. I've known most of them for at least 10 years.

Well I like to think I've only had friends over to the gameroom,so (although not close) maybe I made the list somewhere. :D

Phobia
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
she was disposable, too, just like everybody else I've ever known. I feel guilty sometimes that I have the capacity to treat people like that.

We aren't disposable. You always come back. I know it isn't because the Chiefs kick ass.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Do you consider any of the people on the BB to be your friends?I don't know. Some acquaintances, maybe, people I'm familiar with. "Friend" may be too strong of a word for me, although it's a tough line to distinguish in an online world. I think in some ways this place is an outlet for me.

Frazod
04-05-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't know. Some acquaintances, maybe, people I'm familiar with. "Friend" may be too strong of a word for me, although it's a tough line to distinguish in an online world. I think in some ways this place is an outlet for me.

Without a doubt. Think about it - you've probably interacted more with people on the board than anyone else in your life (at least since your ex-bitch left). And we've known many of the people on here (at least through the screen) for six or seven years. That's a long time.

keg in kc
04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
That's true.

Rain Man
04-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Without a doubt. Think about it - you've probably interacted more with people on the board than anyone else in your life (at least since your ex-bitch left). And we've known many of the people on here (at least through the screen) for six or seven years. That's a long time.

Now I feel kind of bad about covering up the fact that I'm really a 62 year-old grandmother in Bangor, Maine, who drives a tan Accord. Can I fix someone a lobster to make up for it?

Frazod
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Now I feel kind of bad about covering up the fact that I'm really a 62 year-old grandmother in Bangor, Maine, who drives a tan Accord. Can I fix someone a lobster to make up for it?

Sure, I'll take two.

Oh, never mind. I've actually met you. :D

JOhn
04-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Sure, I'll take two.

Oh, never mind. I've actually met you. :D
Does that mean your not still on a diet? :hmmm:

Frazod
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Does that mean your not still on a diet? :hmmm:

Lobster's not fattening. It's just all that damned butter. :grr:

JOhn
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Lobster's not fattening. It's just all that damned butter. :grr:

Well I guess dry Lobster for you. :thumb:

DJay23
04-05-2005, 07:46 PM
One of my really good friends is a 66 year old woman. She's like a substitute grandmother. I used to work with her at the grocery store in my college days. I would watch her house for her when she would go on trips, and take care of her lawn and cat. She's since moved back to New Jersey.