PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Colquitt

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Would any of you guys mind picking this guy in the 5th round? Best punter in the draft, and the best to come along since Lechler. Punting was a weak spot and it would be an upgrade.

elvomito
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
improving that position is a good idea

Warrior5
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
I heard Teicher mention this guy on 610's The Doghouse this evening.

Punting has been a continual challenge for the Chiefs the past few years...last consistent guy we had was Aguilar.

If he's there in the 5th, I say sure (assuming we still have a 5th).

ZootedGranny
04-05-2005, 07:46 PM
I am definitely up for drafting Colquitt, but I believe he'll be gone before we pick in the 5th. I'd also like to take Mike Nugent, but again, he'll go higher than what I'd want to spend a draft pick on. Maybe if the Chiefs could draft worth a ****, we'd be in the position where we could take a kicker or punter in the 3rd or 4th.

I did like what I saw out of Nick Murphy last year in limited spots, however, and Tynes should improve, though I don't think either will ever be anything worth bragging about (as if anyone brags about kickers and punters).

philfree
04-05-2005, 08:02 PM
I am definitely up for drafting Colquitt, but I believe he'll be gone before we pick in the 5th. I'd also like to take Mike Nugent, but again, he'll go higher than what I'd want to spend a draft pick on. Maybe if the Chiefs could draft worth a ****, we'd be in the position where we could take a kicker or punter in the 3rd or 4th.

I did like what I saw out of Nick Murphy last year in limited spots, however, and Tynes should improve, though I don't think either will ever be anything worth bragging about (as if anyone brags about kickers and punters).

I'd take Colquitt with our 3rd round compensitory pick if he's still available. If he'd come in and punt well he could have as big as impact as any player we draft.

PhilFree:arrow:

Woodrow Call
04-05-2005, 08:07 PM
I'd take Colquitt with our 3rd round compensitory pick if he's still available. If he'd come in and punt well he could have as big as impact as any player we draft.

PhilFree:arrow:

I agree. The punting situation has been terrible and it gives the defense even more of hole to work out of. A Lechler type would be nice.

Anybody know if he can kick off?

HolmeZz
04-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Met him 2 years ago at a Walter Camp All-American thingy. Good kid.

Pants
04-05-2005, 09:35 PM
All I want to know, CC, is how do you expect the Chiefs to get both DJ and PS?

HolmeZz
04-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Trade up to get DJ using our 2nd rounder this year. It's very possible. And we could get Surtain using our 4th this year and 2nd next year. It's not all that farfetched.

ChiefsCountry
04-05-2005, 10:09 PM
All I want to know, CC, is how do you expect the Chiefs to get both DJ and PS?

What HolmeZz said.

Der Flöprer
04-06-2005, 12:01 AM
The P would be a good pick, unless the Raiders draft him in the first round.......Think Janikowski ;)

chappy
04-06-2005, 12:08 AM
The P would be a good pick, unless the Raiders draft him in the first round.......Think Janikowski ;)

i remember that it was crazy.
i laughed myself to sleep that night.
then cryed the whole next day about our picks.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
i remember that it was crazy.
i laughed myself to sleep that night.
then cryed the whole next day about our picks.

That was the year of Sly Morris and William Bartee. :banghead:

Der Flöprer
04-06-2005, 12:13 AM
That was the year of Sly Morris and William Bartee. :banghead:

DOH!!!! :banghead: