PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to get single game tickets for the upcoming season?

CanadianChief
04-05-2005, 07:01 PM
I'd like to experience my first Chiefs game this upcoming year and am thinking of making the 16 hour drive down to Arrowhead but would like to know how hard it would be to get 2-4 tickets seated together for a game. One of my buddies is an Eagles fan...the other is a Jets fan so it would be one of those games depending on the date.

What is the best route to get tickets for one of these games? Are there usually people selling tickets in the papers down in K.C?

Phobia
04-05-2005, 07:03 PM
4 tickets is hard. 2 is possible.

If you come over 37 Forever weekend, we'll show you a good time and get you tickets to the game at face value.

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
4 tickets is hard. 2 is possible.

If you come over 37 Forever weekend, we'll show you a good time and get you tickets to the game at face value.

Yeah,Phil has this dance he does to Rock-N-Roll Part 2..........

Woodrow Call
04-05-2005, 07:12 PM
I usually get mine off ebay. Decent selection and cheaper than a ticket broker.

Like Phobia said 2 is easy. You can pretty choose wherever you want to sit 3 pages worth of auctions. 4 is hard usually just 5-10 auctions.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Now that I think about it, most of our seats last year came in sets of 4. We've been doing this 4 years and that was the first time that's ever happened.

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 07:15 PM
and get you tickets to the game at face value.

Of course if they're for Jets or Eagles fans there is a required donation above and beyond for 37 Forever. :)

mcan
04-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Go through 37 Forever if you can. You'll get a great experience and you'll get to meet the planet guys. Very fun.

If it doesn't fit into your schedule, you can just wait until the tickets go on sale, and get them on Ticketmaster.com. There are almost always tickets available up until a week before the game. Then even more tickets become available a day before the game. If you want to go, you can get there, and usually at face value.

However, if you go this route, you'll probably break up your group of 4 into two groups of 2...

Marada
04-05-2005, 07:34 PM
I usually get mine off ebay. Decent selection and cheaper than a ticket broker.

Like Phobia said 2 is easy. You can pretty choose wherever you want to sit 3 pages worth of auctions. 4 is hard usually just 5-10 auctions.

Be careful with Ebay Tickets. Several times last year there were counterfit tickets sold on Ebay. And the sad part is since you hold the bad tickets it's your loss. Sounds like the 37 Forever route is the way to go.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Be careful with Ebay Tickets. Several times last year there were counterfit tickets sold on Ebay. And the sad part is since you hold the bad tickets it's your loss. Sounds like the 37 Forever route is the way to go.

I hadn't heard that.

FWIW, this guy would know. He's an officer who works security at games.

Woodrow Call
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Where can I get more info on 37 Forever weekend? Still kind a new here.

Nzoner
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
FWIW, this guy would know. He's an officer who works security at games.

The hell you say.

Ok I'll STFU,I'm just in a really good mood tonight.

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
you can always get tickets at the game at face value. you may have to wait it out right up to game time but someone is always selling at face value 1/2 hour before kickoff

Phobia
04-05-2005, 07:44 PM
you can always get tickets at the game at face value. you may have to wait it out right up to game time but someone is always selling at face value 1/2 hour before kickoff
Who wants to drive 18 hours for that? I've been shutout before (looking for 1 ticket) and I only live 10 minutes away.

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Of course if they're for Jets or Eagles fans there is a required donation above and beyond for 37 Forever. :)

We could send them over to the Tee-Pee crowd and they can become part of the show.:thumb:

BigRedChief
04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Who wants to drive 18 hours for that? I've been shutout before (looking for 1 ticket) and I only live 10 minutes away.

BBQ at your house before every home game this year, right?

Phobia
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Where can I get more info on 37 Forever weekend? Still kind a new here.

37 Forever weekend is a fundraiser for the charity that was essentially born at ChiefsPlanet, www.37forever.org

We get together annually for tailgating, the game, and a banquet. Most of the attendees are affiliated with ChiefsPlanet in one way or another so it's a lot of fun for us. Depending on when you arrive in/depart town, you can also play golf at a local course with us.

This year we'll be selecting the game earlier than we have in years past, virtually as soon as the Chiefs schedule is released. I'm hoping for an early MNF game which would be ideal for all our events.

kc-nd
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Pick me up in Bismarck on your drive down - if you purchase a couple of tickets by accident and were going to throw them away.

CanadianChief
04-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. I'd definitely like to make it down for the 37 forever weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun. Of course I'd have to stop at the border and pick up a couple 2-4's of Canadian Beer for the tailgate party.

Iowanian
04-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Phildo....

I'm supposed to pick my tickets soon. I've spoken for 37 weekend's game, but need to tell them when it is....1st Home game?

Guess you answered it.......I'll try for a MNF game, but the owner may be stingier with those.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone. I'd definitely like to make it down for the 37 forever weekend. It sounds like a lot of fun. Of course I'd have to stop at the border and pick up a couple 2-4's of Canadian Beer for the tailgate party.

Le Fin Du Monde?

Phobia
04-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Phildo....

I'm supposed to pick my tickets soon. I've spoken for 37 weekend's game, but need to tell them when it is....1st Home game?

We have no idea. When the schedule comes out, we're going to have a poll for the Sept/Oct games and ask people who plan to attend our events to select their preference - unless we get a Sept/Oct MNF game and then we kinda have to take that one.

J Diddy
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
Le Fin Du Monde?

The dolphins do Monty?

Wha........?

Iowanian
04-05-2005, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty well good for most weekends early in the season, unless the something..interferes....

I'll at least be at the game if I can, and I'll do what I can.

It might be nice to have an overnight so I can let the Iowanian loose for a change.

Phobia
04-05-2005, 08:18 PM
The dolphins do Monty?

Wha........?

http://satwww.epfl.ch/bar/bieres/bouteilles/images/fin_du_monde.gif

J Diddy
04-05-2005, 08:19 PM
http://satwww.epfl.ch/bar/bieres/bouteilles/images/fin_du_monde.gif

Ah hell I thought this was a bold prediction about beisel either being signed by miami or getting gang banged by their offensive line

CanadianChief
04-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I've never heard of "La Fin Du Monde" before. It must be from Quebec.

jayhawktx
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
The Chiefs website says 2005 season tickets are available in case anyone is interested.

Cochise
04-05-2005, 09:12 PM
You probably could find a pair of tickets in the lot for face value, depends on how the team is doing. This year it would have been a piece of cake, last year I remember particularly for the Donks game there were a lot fewer up for grabs.

You could definitely find them on ebay or go through a local ticket agency or something, but it would cost more to do it that way.

NJ Chief Fan
04-05-2005, 09:31 PM
im planning on goin to my first chiefs game this season aswell when they come and play the giants in jersey...i missed them the last time they came in(regular season)my friend is a g'men season ticket holder and he took me to the game the week before vs the philly fags and was gonna go with him to the chiefs game but his grandpa decided to go rotten old bastard