PDA

View Full Version : Do NFL teams do 3 team trades?

Kclee
04-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Have you ever heard of that? I was just thinking, the Packers lost their starting FS and SS and have not filled those spots yet. We have one extra. Packers get Woods/Wesley, we get Surtain, and Miami gets the Packers 3nd round pick.(and maybe our 6th rounder) I know this could get done otherwise, but it made me think on how other sports do multi-team trades but can't remember any in the NFL off hand.

Simplex3
04-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, there was this one obscure one long, long ago:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7182278NFL ROUNDUP: Three-team trade sends Owens to Philadelphia

Detroit Free Press
March 17, 2004

Terrell Owens will get his wish to play for the Philadelphia Eagles, following a settlement reached Tuesday before an arbitrator could rule on the star receiver's case to become a free agent.

The San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens and Eagles agreed to a deal sending Owens to Philadelphia. The Eagles will sign Owens to a seven-year contract.

The Eagles sent a fifth-round draft pick to Baltimore and defensive end Brandon Whiting to San Francisco. The Ravens get back the second-round pick they sent to the 49ers for Owens.

Kclee
04-06-2005, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=Simplex3]Well, there was this one obscure one long, long ago:[QUOTE]

Heh, nice point. Not quit how that whole deal was suppose to go down, but you are right.