PDA

View Full Version : "Potential" Chiefs starting defense by Kickoff 2005

KChiefs1
04-06-2005, 06:41 PM
If EVERYTHING works out like I hope they do....here could be the Chiefs starting defensive lineup:

Jared Allen
Lional Dalton
Ryan Sims
Carlos Hall
Shawn Barber
Kendrell Bell
Derrick Johnson
Eric Warfield
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley
Patrick Surtain

I'd feel pretty comfortable with these guys playing defense wouldn't you? :thumb:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
It certainly looks better than what we went to war with last year.

Sigh

wazu
04-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah, that looks pretty good I guess. I'd add in that we trade a late round pick to Baltimore for Ray Lewis just to round things out a little, and then it's about perfect.

Claynus
04-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Shawn Barber won't be starting. Neither will Carlos Hall.

milkman
04-06-2005, 06:49 PM
If EVERYTHING works out like I hope they do....here could be the Chiefs starting defensive lineup:

Jared Allen
Lional Dalton
Ryan Sims
John Browning
Scott Fujita
Kendrell Bell
Daryl Blackstock
Eric Warfield
Sammy Knight
Jerome Woods.
Patrick Surtain

I'd feel pretty comfortable with these guys playing defense wouldn't you? :thumb:

I fixed your lineup for you.
This is a more realistic unit.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry, but that defense still looks like one of the worst.

This defense won't be "fixed" until after the next offseason. It's going to take more than one offseason to get improvement.

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Fujita instead of Barber. I'd cream my undies if we put that defense out on opening day.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Fujita instead of Barber. I'd cream my undies if we put that defense out on opening day.

Dang, you must have low standards for defenses, because that defense would still not make it to the top 20 in the NFL.

We need to get new blood in the Chiefs organization, it's causing fans to lower the standards when it comes to defense.

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Dang, you must have low standards for defenses, because that defense would still not make it to the top 20 in the NFL.

We need to get new blood in the Chiefs organization, it's causing fans to lower the standards when it comes to defense.

It's true. Watching the Chiefs defense the past few years has been the equivalent of being in jail. I'm finally out and all the double-baggers are looking like 10's.

Seriously though, if we start the season with DJ, Surtain, Knight and Bell thats a huge improvement. Allen and Dalton are good and Fujita would definately benefit being the #3 LB. If thats the roster I can't see us not breaking the #20 mark, barring any injuries.

LiL stumppy
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Why wouldn't we have fujita?

Deberg_1990
04-06-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry, but that defense still looks like one of the worst.

This defense won't be "fixed" until after the next offseason. It's going to take more than one offseason to get improvement.

Agreed. Its so bad its gonna take more than one year to week out all of the "dead wood"

Logical
04-06-2005, 07:37 PM

Jared Allen
Lional Dalton
Ryan Sims
Carlos Hall
Shawn Barber
Kendrell Bell
Derrick Johnson
Eric Warfield
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley
Patrick Surtain

I would be pretty uncomfortable with a player that is going to be on eh PUP(Barber) starting. Otherwise that is livable.

Logical
04-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Why wouldn't we have fujita?
He is a restricted free agent. There is no guarantee the Chiefs will match if another team makes an offer.

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2005, 07:43 PM

Jared Allen
Lional Dalton
Ryan Sims
Carlos Hall
Shawn Barber
Kendrell Bell
Derrick Johnson
Eric Warfield
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley
Patrick Surtain

I think it would be a solid defense. Probally put Fujiita in for Barber. Barber is the key if healthy IMO. He could be a playmaking backer, especially with Bell and DJ taking pressure off of him.

LiL stumppy
04-06-2005, 08:47 PM
He is a restricted free agent. There is no guarantee the Chiefs will match if another team makes an offer.

Wouldn't you think teams would have offered him something by now?

milkman
04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Wouldn't you think teams would have offered him something by now?

Teams that might need LB help may be looking to the draft.
If they don't get the player(s) they want, they'll look for help with the remaining FAs.

Then there's the 2nd wave of free agency in June.

nychief
04-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Lets be realistic...

Jared Allen
Lional Dalton
Ryan Sims
Erick Hicks (Carlso Hall is a back-up)
Scott Fujita
Kendrell Bell
Monty Beisal (or 1st Rder - with S.B. on the PUP)
William Bartee (or 1st Rder -with E.W.'s possible suspension)
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley
Patrick Surtain

CosmicPal
04-06-2005, 08:58 PM

Jared Allen
Lional Dalton
Ryan Sims
Carlos Hall
Shawn Barber
Kendrell Bell
Derrick Johnson
Eric Warfield
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley
Patrick Surtain

Good luck on getting Derrick Johnson.

The opening day roster will probably look more like this:

Jared Allen
Lionel Dalton
Ryan Sims
John Browning
Scott Fujita
Kendra Bell
Kawika Mitchell (moved to the outside, unless we pick up Simmons)
Patrick Surtain
Marlin Jackson (or unfortunately, Bartee) (This is based on the fact Warfield will be serving his suspension and the Chiefs will trade down to try to pick up another pick)
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

As the season progresses, the starting line-up may look like this:

Jared Allen
Lionel Dalton
Ryan Sims
John Browning
Scott Fujita
Kendra Bell
Demarcus Ware (picked up in the 2nd round, unless we pick up Simmons)
Eric Warfield
Patrick Surtain
Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

Hey, a guy can dream ya know...

chiefscafan
04-07-2005, 03:12 PM
one question how do you think we are gonna get derrick johnson? I 'd love it if it were to happen but how????